baby movement - low in pelvis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am almost 25 weeks and I feel the baby kicking and moving a lot, but its all very very low.

For the life of me I can't remember from my last pregnancy (my son is almost 3) when i started feeling it all higher, near the ribs. He sat low most of the pg too, but I wonder if this low movement sensation is normal at this point.

I'm curious what other mamas' experience is with this?
#2 of 15 Old 04-04-2005, 08:36 PM

Hi...I'm from the June board. I'm 28 weeks. All the movement I felt was low and he was laying sideways up until about 27 weeks. Then I started feeling movement higher and now he's head down.
#3 of 15 Old 04-04-2005, 09:54 PM

Well, I am experiencing similar things, and I am at 24 1/2 weeks. My dd is also 3, and I don't remember the low bumps and twitches on my bladder until later, like my third trimester, with her. But I think this one may be a boy, so I'm of a mind that lower bumps and movement (even hiccups) are totally to be expected, and not even an indication of a transverse position.

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
#4 of 15 Old 04-04-2005, 10:05 PM

I've been wondering about this as well, I will be 25 weeks on Wed and for the past week or so, the baby has been really low in my pelvis. I called my MW last week and she didn't think there was any cause for alarm. Though I suppose the advantage to having the little one be so low is that I am not being kicked uncomfortably, which considering that I am already having difficulty sleeping is probably a good thing.

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#5 of 15 Old 04-05-2005, 01:18 AM

I am a bit over 24 weeks and have also been feeling the kicks very low on my belly. I got my first sonogram today and he was breech, which my doctor says is normal at this point in the pregnancy, and so it makes sense that he would be kicking where he is. I, surprisingly, could make out most of baby's body parts from the sonogram picture after a little while of studying it and getting confirmation from my doctor (it is a boy!), but the only really obvious body parts were the feet. Anyhow, I think low kicks are fairly normal near the end of the second trimester. Also - it seems like baby has been kicking for 3 or 4 days straight without much resting time. I'm worried that he's not getting any sleep! Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
#6 of 15 Old 04-06-2005, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I also feel many of my baby's movement very low down, on the U/S we had on March 28th he was head down and I'm pretty sure he is still in that position, I just figured I am feeling his hands moving around. I feel his arms almost always at or below my panty line. I do also feel his legs up higher and usually stronger, but I feel his hands low in like a fluttery(only stronger) way. I am carrying fairly low in my body, but not enough to be worried about.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#7 of 15 Old 04-07-2005, 05:40 PM

My little girl is down low also. At our ultrasound we could not get a good profile because her head was wedged down so deeply into my pelvis.. I feel a bit of movement up high..but mostly down low..a LOT down low.

Mama to my tribe
#8 of 15 Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM

Compared to DS1, this guy is really, really low. In our u/s a few weeks ago he was laying transverse with his head on my left side and his butt wedged deep down in my pelvis. I feel movement almost exclusively on my left side and haven't felt anything above my belly button yet (I'm 25 weeks), so I figure he just hasn't shifted to head down yet.

Personally, I'm happy not to be being kicked higher up! DS1 lodged his head on my bladder and hooked his feet under my ribs by like 28 weeks, so I'm hoping I won't get that again! :LOL

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

#9 of 15 Old 04-08-2005, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the responses!

I feel better just knowing its the norm...for some reason my memory regarding my last pg is so distorted, at least when it comes to the timeline of events.

Now if i could just get rid of this heartburn that just started a few days ago....
#10 of 15 Old 04-13-2005, 06:56 PM

I was just about to post and ask where you're feeling movement and then i saw this thread.

This kiddo just seems to be hanging out on my left side. That's where I get the majority of my movement. But I also feel her/her way low in my pelvis. Sometimes I get pressure on my hipbones and lately, when I'm sitting down, I feel a pressure on my left side ribs.

I'm also having a harder time breathing, especially after I eat a meal. Ugh.
#11 of 15 Old 04-18-2005, 08:56 AM

I'm 26w now...

Baby has always been really low in my pelvis... transverse...

Two nights ago, I woke up to lots of movements in my belly and felt baby right under my ribcage but baby was back down in the morning...

Last night: lots of movements again and baby was high...

And oh! surprise! I felt some kicks right behind my belly button this morning

Valérie   
#12 of 15 Old 04-18-2005, 01:31 PM

My baby is breech and I feel a lot of movement low in the pelvis, even though I am carring high. I am getting some strong kicks to the cervix (or that is the way it feels) these days.
#13 of 15 Old 04-18-2005, 02:32 PM

I'm assuming that since I'm feeling so much movement in my pelvis that my babes is breech, or transverse. I tried to feel the baby yesterday while laying down, and I couldn't tell the head from the butt. But I think I could tell the back from the front... I don't know.

I'm at 28 weeks, my midwife mentioned last time I was in that the baby was head down, but I really feel like either she was wrong or the babes moved. She said that by 28 weeks babes should be head down, but if they're able to move around, it's likely that she/he could switch positions, right?
#14 of 15 Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 PM

I came looking for a post like this! This afternoon the baby feels so low. Lots of pressure and I feel kicks but they feel like they are directly on my cervix. Ouch! I don't remember this from my 1st pregnancy. Looks like a common time to be experiencing this low sensation, I'm 23 weeks. Anytime I should get worried about it? Feels like the baby wants to fall right out!
#15 of 15 Old 04-23-2005, 10:34 PM

You'll also feel more movement down low if you have an anterior placenta or if the placenta is on the top of your uterus

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page