Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
me first, again?
how are you all?

I'm hot, swelly ankles, a bit crabby.
had our first shower yesterday, and received some lovely things, including a handmade quilt! it was lovely to see everyone, and have them celebrate us, although I'm more comfortable organizing & being behind scenes than the center of attention.

and I have to admit, I was disappointed that we didn't get *anything* on our registry that we *need* and have received 2 big packs of disposable diapers, when we will CD! and then I feel like I'm an ungrateful snotty person, and the intention of the givers was nice.

I turn 41 later this week!
have to work commencement on Sunday, ugh.

that's all, sign me tired and burpy.
#2 of 31 Old 05-09-2005, 08:39 PM

Hi, I'm preparing for my mother's blessing later this month. I'm getting excited about it at this point and have heard back from a bunch of people about whether they can attend.

It was horribly muggy here today. We had ferocious thunderstorms on and off yesterday, so when the heat hit today, it was awful. More of the same tomorrow. I definitely need to start wearing my maternity shorts and dresses at this point. In fact, I wear only underwear in the house at this point because it is so bad.

Been to the chiropractor and I'm hoping that will take care of the backaches.
#3 of 31 Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Hi!

I'm finaly able to relax

Had a nice week-end and feel better.

DH and I are closer and it feels so good just to sit side by side and enjoy the moment

I have my last "monthly" appointment friday - then it will be bi-weekly, then weekly... Wow! things are going fast!

With baby's pressure on my cervix, I'm thinking more and more about the upcoming birth and how I want it to be... I'm also thinking about backup plans...

Eleven weeks till my due date! Eleven weeks I intend to enjoy! Carpe Diem!

Valérie   
#4 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Pom

OMG. ELEVEN WEEKS??!?!?!? ELEVEN WEEKS!?!?!? How am I supposed to be ready in 11 weeks??? Eeeeeeeek!!!!

Had a panic attack last night watching Grey's Anatomy on TV (2 yr old girl needing to have half her brain removed), wondering, "What if our baby is not okay?" (Poor DH!)

Woke up this morning with some slight spotting - I'm sure, from just running around with company too much this weekend -- but was not pleased. Feel otherwise fine, no cramping or anything, so am sure it's got to be our crazy schedule the last few days which included Disneyland. But tomorrow I'm supposed to take DD to the zoo (all uphill!) which we've had to delay several weeks already. Have to go!

My friend's in town to have her baby and I sense they are going to induce early...a family of doctors and friends who are doctors...they seem to me to be preparing their reasons...I don't understand. They say things like, "She hasn't been feeling well," "The baby's ready," and the OB already told her son it would happen on Sunday (a week before she's due). Why don't they just trust her body and the baby to come when best? She had been sick, but overall she seems fine, they don't even think the baby is overly "large." Sigh. It just freaks me out, but I guess it's about her comfort. And she is comfortable with this. They love me, but think I'm nuts about birth, anyway, lol. They eqyuated the CNM's I used last time to witch doctors, I think!

Ok. So I should sleep. Hope you are all feeling well!

PS Pelli - I hate it when I know people are being sweet but I feel ungrateful and snotty -- MIL sent us a bunch of stuff and I horrified DH but complaining it wasn't all cotton, and that some of the onesies (sleeveless) were a stupid purchase. I know she's a sweetheart for doing it, but at the same time, she totally KNOWS my "thing" with cotton. Sigh!!!
#5 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
My friend's in town to have her baby and I sense they are going to induce early...a family of doctors and friends who are doctors...they seem to me to be preparing their reasons...I don't understand. They say things like, "She hasn't been feeling well," "The baby's ready," and the OB already told her son it would happen on Sunday (a week before she's due). Why don't they just trust her body and the baby to come when best? She had been sick, but overall she seems fine, they don't even think the baby is overly "large." Sigh. It just freaks me out, but I guess it's about her comfort. And she is comfortable with this. They love me, but think I'm nuts about birth, anyway, lol. They eqyuated the CNM's I used last time to witch doctors, I think!
Well, I have to admit, I am starting to think induction myself. Although, I am actually going to be having a pretty big baby it seems. I have been fighting hyperemesis this entire pg and it is getting unbearable. I am so tired of being housebound and disabled. And, mentally, it is really taking a toll beyond belief. I too believe in avoiding inductions, but depending on how things go, I may be looking into some options. I am soooo sick! Ack! I am just going crazy. I started seeing an acupunturist but so far, I haven't been much better. I am sure to a lot of people I seem fine but if anyone could understand the utter hell that is my every minute of every day.... I would just be thrilled to see this baby in another 5 weeks.

I have a childbirth refresher class tonight (I have never taken any classes) so wish me luck that I can make it!!
#6 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Pom

Leosmama - I am certainly not judging anyone with actual symptoms of anything...hypermesis sounds AWFUL and I am glad I do not know it's awfulness first hand! But my friend is FINE. She had a stomach flu a week or so ago...and a couple months ago, too. But no hypermesis, no swelling, no real pain. The beby's measuring on schedule, her weight is fine, BP, etc. No high risk anything. Just regular aches and the familiar feeling of wanting that baby out (which I certainly understand, lol)! I just got so annoyed when her mom said "the baby's ready." Like she KNOWS.

And really, even if it's just psychological comfort that she needs, then well, she needs it, and she'll do what's best for her. But I still don't get the whole idea of having to medically control the whole thing and just completely ignoring nature's schedule, KWIM?
#7 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
OMG. ELEVEN WEEKS??!?!?!? ELEVEN WEEKS!?!?!? How am I supposed to be ready in 11 weeks??? Eeeeeeeek!!!!

I'm not ready either

I already have some CD(fitted) but need to buy new ones (don't know yet which one) and new covers... maybe 2 or 3 AIO... There is so many to choose from

And we are moving in 6 weeks... and I won't be able to cook to freeze before then... and I have to plan and plant the garden... and... and...

But you know what? I don't want to stress with that

I might not have everything I wish but I have the very basic: my own body that will provide warmth, milk and comfort - everything else is a bonus :LOL

Valérie   
#8 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM

my new mantra is this: 'all baby needs is a boob and a cuddle, all baby needs is a boob and a cuddle, all baby needs is a boob and a cuddle'

we just moved may 1st and the house is in such disarray-i'm spending all my nesting energy painting (don't like to do it-toxic yeck-but it soooo needs to be done), putting kitchen in order, unpacking and the like. no time to think about what baby needs after being born-i'm too focused on what it's needs are right now (clean, organized kitchen for me to cook yummy foods to help us grow, clean organized living room for me to set up birth pool, clean organized bedroom to birth this little one etc!)

all those little hand-me-downs that need to be washed and all those diaper covers that need to be ordered and that mural i want to paint and slings to try on and patterns waiting to be sewn and the bookshelf with all the favorite stories to be arranged.....

'all baby needs is a boob and a cuddle.........'
#9 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Eleven weeks??? I'm approaching only 7 weeks assuming I go for 40 weeks, which neither of my other children hung around to see - they both arrived at abour 38.5 weeks!!!

So, i'm nesting like crazy. Things that I don't think have been cleaned in ages are now getting the overhaul. I even had dh take down one of the ceiling fans so I could get at the blades better.

I've been eating as many grapes as my poor limited diet will allow. I eat them with every single meal, for snacks, etc. I went to the fruit stand the other morning and bought 4 lbs of grapes. The lady just smiled at me, and asked how much longer we had to go.

Pom, your friend sounds like someone I know. I just don't get it. Leosmom, I wish that you didn't have to deal with the hypermesis....soon, you'll be holding that baby. I certainly wouldn't blame you for requesting the induction....I'm sure whatever you decide to do that you have given it a lot of thought (((hug))).

Love the new mantra!
#10 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 03:37 PM

Uuuggghh! Rough week for us - DH left LAST Tues. for Taiwan and the first couple of days were pure hell. Its gotten a bit easier - most days I am fine but Sun. was just the worst. Maxi and I were both grumpy and weepy and just in bad moods. He cried over EVERYTHING which is totally not like him. He keeps asking where Papi is and when I say Taiwan he says "I'm going too" Poor baby!

I have been doing a lot of diaper shopping - which I said I wasnt going to do but it keeps me busy and I love getting stuff in the mail.

Physically I feel fine. I have seen the chiropracter a few times and that helps a lot. Sometimes I feel big, other times not so much, but over all I have no complaints. I cant believe I am 29 weeks already - its gone by fast. I am sad that DH wont see the progression of the rest of my pregnancy (IRL anyway). He should be here the week I am due so hopefully he will make it before baby comes.

Oh and I am suddenly measuring big - I was right on up until this month. At my 28 week appt. last week I was measuring 31 weeks. Then I look at the progression of my belly pics (in my sig) and I can really SEE how much bigger I have gotten - from 24 to 28 weeks - YOWZA I look HUGE! Especially my face.

Thats it for me...
#11 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 04:15 PM

Morgan

DH is talking about going away to work next winter - it's the first winter since he began working in construction that they plan to close for a few months... It doesn't makes me happy but I can't see how we could do it without a paycheck for 2 or 3 months

Valérie   
#12 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Hi all,

I'm still around, but I haven't been posting much ... I've got a case of the pregnancy blahs, I think. Everything is going along fine, but I'm so ready for the pregnancy part to be over and the new-baby part to get started!

The baby has been insanely active the past couple of weeks, and I've been having pretty strong BH contractions -- all in all I'm just not so comfortable these days! I'm really, really hoping the little one decides to make an appearance by the last week in June (I'm due July 10th or so, and both of my others came early--at 39 and 38 weeks--so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!).

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#13 of 31 Old 05-10-2005, 11:32 PM

Well, I'm due in about 8 weeks now. I never thought I would be ready because everything has taken longer than I expected. But it looks like I will have the nursery ready by the end of May. I have most of the necessities, although still working on the diaper stash–I'm just too picky I guess.

Heard about 2 births today–one was horrible and the other was a dream. I won't go into the bad birth story–we hear too many of them anyway. The dream birth was that an acquaintance had a baby on Mother's Day. Her doula came over just to check on her, see how she was doing because she was due that day. The mother didn't feel any labor pains or anything–at least not until the last minute. Apparently, she gave 2 pushes and the baby was born. No midwife or doctor, just the doula and her husband. Her husband had to call 911 to find out how to cut and tie the cord. I told my friends who relayed the story that I hope my birth goes that easily.
#14 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 AM

Add me to the ones shocked at how close to the end we are. At my OB appt today, my doc reminded me that full term for twins is considered between 34 and 37 weeks -- which means that babies could be here in 2.5 weeks! Ack! Impossible!!! For some reason, I have a strong feeling I'll go later than that though, but it hit me that I have to prepare myself (mentally and around the house) for the very real fact that they could come sooner, too.

DH is still away finishing his research in Japan. He gets back in a week and it won't be soon enough. My parents have been amazing, helping get things ready for the babes and taking care of DS, but it's just not the same as having DH here (both for me and for DS).

I've been a bit weepy tonight -- it seems to overcome me every few weeks. Don't know if it's hormone surge, or just timing, or the moon or what, but I feel a bit raw at the moment. I've been spending lots of time cudding with DS and thinking 1) how much things are going to change for all of us and 2) how will it be possible to love other children as much as I love him? I know everyone says the love just grows exponentially -- and I know I couldn't fully understand the intensity of the love I'd have for him before he was born -- but those are the thoughts that fill my head these days.

Two more appts this week -- NST tomorrow and U/S on Thursday. Their weights are growing more and more apart each week -- not enough to be worried yet, but enough to keep an eye on. Both are head down at the moment -- hope they stay there!!

Happy nesting to everyone, and good luck to those in the midst of moves and unpacking.
#15 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 02:28 AM

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like... well whatever. Just tossing my own thoughts out there. I thought I was going to be okay but as I get closer and I am getting sicker and sicker.... Sigh. And I don't want to be induced. I was dilated to 6 cm and had my water broken to induce contractions with my first (I was over 40 weeks) and it was horrible. I really pray for a somewhat normal labor and delivery.

Well, I made it through my class tonight. Just barely. It was good. There wasn't any talk of epidurals or medications. We talked about massage, and doulas, and birth balls and breathing. Pretty good for a hospital childbirth class. Next week is the "natural" childbirth class. I am interested to see what we cover. I wish I had known as much as I do now with my first. I think things would have gone much differently.
#16 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Pom

Speaking of hypermesis...Leosmama, if what I am feeling is even just a percentage of what you're going through, I think I'd have to go take baby out tomorrow. Seriously! How do you guys live with this?

Yesterday we were having a lovely mornign at the zoo when I started to feel a little queasy. No big deal, the baby was extra kicky, and it was just like 1st trimester. But it slowly got worse over the day, and by nighttime I was crouched on the couch, miserable. Took some Maalox, didn't really help. I hadn't eaten anything since a bit of pb and banana at 1. Exhausted, I couldn't sleep cuz I couldn't get comfortable and made DH go get me a coke, which helped a bit. By 11:30 I was vomiting in the sink everything I ate yesterday. Tried to sleep. Couldn't. Up at 3:30 for more Maalox. Fell back to sleep around 4. Woke up this morning feeling queasy. Sipping ice water. Just made myself a cup of tea (not sure if this is a good idea), took one sip, and went into the bathroom for more vomiting. Dry heaves! Help! I don't ever throw up. I can't even remember the last time it happened to me. Ugh.

I thought maybe it was the baby changing into position. When does that happen?? She's just been so super kicky and the placement seems different than normal.

DD ate all the same food I did yesterday, so I don't think it's food poisoning. Unless it was my friend's hummus, but she ate that. Maybe it's a bug, but no one's been sick with that around me.

Is this what the hypermesis stuff is? At what point to do you have to go to the doctor for fear of dehydration or nutrition of the baby?

I just called DH and told him he has to come home. I can't be puking all day and take care of 3.5 DD!! Is that bad? Should I just handle this?

Sorry for not responding to anyone else here....
#17 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 PM

My pelvis is KILLING ME!!!!! I can barely walk, get up, sit, ugh! I've had a bad week, my dh got in an accident on Thrusday (he's a truck driver) and was dismissed from his job, but offered a position in the warehouse making $1000 a month less! So he quit and is looking for another job now, he has one secure offer that he can start on Monday. The new offer is actually a better job, with the same pay and potential of making quite a bit more.
So I've been messing with the insurance, needing to get that straightened out, we already paid the hospital and the Dr. their share, so I don't want to be out that money either. This really dampers our house search for a while, need to wait till DH has a very secure job, and our lease is up the 1st of July... all bad timing with baby due on the 20th!
Happy Birthday Pellifoli!
Take it easy POM!
Leosmom, you do what is best for you and baby! That is all that mattes.
swebster, moving soon is not something I look forward to!
hope all goes well for everyone else, and I understand those pregnancy blah's, I have to MAKE myself go and do things, I would rather just stay home, especially limping around, I'm waddling worse than a duck!
Donna
#18 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Hey POM you could be dehydrated, that will make you sick as well! Especially with all that extra activity, you need to be even more hydrated. You may need more than just water though, try having a little orange juice watered down or mixed with gingerale.
I kind of did this to myself last week and thought I was going to die! I just had a lot of activity, and didn't drink enough. The next day I couldn't get up without feeling out of breath, and I was extremely thirsty and sick, woosey, headachey. I rested and drank water all day, and a few cups of juice and milk. By the next day I felt 100% better.
If it continues or you feel worse call a dr!
Donna
#19 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Pom, you posted that you'd had a super hectic weekend, before, and that this outing was an additional big to-do, I'd agree that resting and forcing fluids as you can, and good to call DH to come home.
and ditto to call your caregiver to check in too.

heard from my friend who had baby in April, she was sent to emergency room after babe's 4 week appt. w/pediatrician, she'd (new mom) been up all night vomiting and pooing, w/stomach pain, thought it was food poisoning, after hours in ER, she had surgery that night for appendicitis!!
but I'll bet your situation is from overdoing it, I was worn out just reading what you were up to!
hope you feel better soon.

max's mami, so sorry you all are having a rough time. I'd be a basket case in your situation.

ankles swelling like crazy every day, chiro. didn't like, but I'd always heard as long as it goes down overnight, it's ok...??? if I'm able to put them up, and continue to suck down water, they go down a fair amount.

feeling blah, work is quiet and boring, I spend too much time online. just want to sleep! 7.5 weeks to go to week 40. whoa.

DH burnt out at his job, looking into other stuff, I want him to find something cool, challenging that pays him what he's worth, but nervous at same time for changes.

must try to find something appealing for lunch.
#20 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Donna,
thanks for bday wishes, and so sorry about pelvic pain and husband's job situation. I hate being in limbo like that, it must be stressful re: ins. & house and all. good luck and take care.

I found a good quote in Simple Abundance that I use as a mantra when I can remember it:

All shall be well,
And all shall be well,
and all manner of things,
shall be well.

thanks for reminding me of it.

sorry I haven't responded to everyone's issues, I'm thinking of you all.
#21 of 31 Old 05-11-2005, 09:46 PM

Hyperemesis... well, really all that means is excessive vomitting. I am definitely not throwing up 20 times a day anymore and losing pounds a week. But, what it is now is constant nausea, severe fatigue, inability to eat (I have gained THREE pounds now over my pre-preg weight which is pretty good), inability to stay hydrated... and this is all on top of medication. I am weak enough to not always be able to walk across my living room. I also have extreme food aversions and smell aversions (returning, sigh, I had HAD a break). And of course, I am still vomitting bile quite a bit. I have been unable to care for my 3.5 year old quite a bit, and thank goodness for my parents and dh.

You can try taking 1/2 a unisom for nausea. I also take Zofran on my bad days. I am trying to stay off of drugs as much as possible, but sometimes I know if I don't start back up on them I will end up in the hospital again.

I honestly don't know how I get through this either. Most days are a blur for me. I think it is like anything though. I can't imagine living through the death of a child or spouse, or cancer, or whatever. You just do it.

Um, I am also having the PSD problem (pubic symphisis dysfuntion).... at least I didn't have that with my first pg!! OUCH! Anyhow, I tried out sitting on the birth ball today and I think it just makes it worse. Is the birth ball bad for that? I am wondering if it is that or just coincindence.
#22 of 31 Old 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM

I haven't had a chance to read everyone else's posts yet, but I hope everyone is doing well this week.

I am so-so, seems like every other night I don't sleep anymore. Its getting harder and harder to find positions that work, also I have been having some pelvic pressure and discomfort. I am a slacker as I have been on the fence about calling the MW about it, its not pain per se but its uncomfortable at times especially when shifting around in the bed.

Heartburn is still super nasty, tried papaya enzyme tablets, they did not work. Last night I tried ACV and water and that helped a bit, I am really trying to not take the Pepcid as often, besides it takes hours for that stuff to work.

Today we go to meet one of the peds, and next week I start 1 of my birthing classes over at the birthing center. I think I am glad to know that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Bought some more dipes and just waiting for dh to get a check from a large project that he did recently so we can buy the big items. I love that dh is able to work from home but at times I hate how its always feast or famine with the money. Lot more famines lately since I stopped working full time, oh well.

Overall its a ho-hum week. Will come back later and see how everyone else is but I wanted to make sure I checked in.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#23 of 31 Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 PM

Wow, I've had quite a week already. I went in to see my OB yesterday. I'm supposed to have the NST weekly now, but baby Liam wouldn't cooperate and hold still, so I got a BPP with the u/s instead. We'll try again next week - and every week from here out I'll have both the NST & the BPP. And FABULOUS NEWS! He finally has moved head down (thank you spinning babies website). So, this alleviates my terrible fear of a c-section. I'm not terribly worried about size being an issue, though of course, if during labor a section becomes medically neccessary - ie. he's stuck and his heart rate is dropping...or some other awful situation - I won't hessitate to do it. But, the plan is to just go into labor & have this baby through conventional methods LOL!

I'm now on obscene amounts of insulin (25 of the R in the morn, and 55 of the N at night), and I have horrid bruising all over my stomach from the injections. But, I'm still hanging in there and being optimistic that this will go away after Liam is born. Does anyone have any experience with GD going away - or not? I'm a little concerned that my screen may have caught real diabetes, not just GD - as the real deal tends to run in my family.

So, I'm having fun getting my babyshower gift together for my secret buddy here I can't wait to ship it out here in the next few days!

From all your posts it sounds like we are all in the same miserable boat these days, achy, tired, nothing fits...and I don't feel so bad for complaining amongst friends. My back is killing me, my pelvis hurts and just sheer motivation to get out of bed is getting harder to come by. Crock pot is the only thing saving my family from frozen pizza every night...I have a 6 quart pot, so it usually contains enough for at least 1 family meal and a few leftover lunches.
#24 of 31 Old 05-12-2005, 08:01 PM

Oh Tara, I am so glad baby turned!!!! I am sorry to hear about your insulin shots. I know nothing about the whole thing, but it sounds miserable.

I bought a maternity swimsuit today. Ah yes. Nothing like putting on a skin tight swimsuit when you are big. Despite everyone saying, oh you aren't showing much, I do look QUITE preggo in the swimsuit. Hopefully (fingers crossed I feel good enough) we are going to a beautiful outdoor hotspring pool in the mountains with the inlaws this weekend. I am not taking the tags off until we get there in case I get too sick, but I am pretty excited. Sitting in a nice warm pool of non-chlorinated (and even non-sulpher which is awesome for a natural hotspring) water sounds so nice. I'll let my inlaws chase down my three year old
#25 of 31 Old 05-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Pom

So, do you think 2 days of puking and not eating will help me with the scales at my doc's appointment on Tuesday?? How HORRID am I? forthinking that?! Ack! Am feeling much better today, although still a little tweaky mentally. Slept a lot, drank a lot of apple juice with kudzu root. Thank you all for the support! I think you were right. Exhaustion. But I feel like I worked so much harder last time, when I WAS working! Anyway. Glad to be back.

Jeannie - Good luck with your husband (amd glad he's ok!) and your pelvis! How does that isurance thing work with pregnancy, anyone know? I'm trying to figure it out while DH is also looking for maybe a new job...does a new insurance cover a current pg if already covered?

Is everyone's life in major upheaval here??

Pelli- Have no idea about swelling...mine never did last time until AFTER DD's birth and then -- Poof! Like pillows. And birthday? Happy Birthday!

Leos - Simply put, YOU ROCK. Sorry about the pelvic pain. Again, something I would not want to be able to comprehend as it sounds above and beyond the normal stretching pain, and I can barely bear that...do you hear clicking or grinding, too?

Shay - Do you need a ped reco? Did I mention my family's is in So Portland by the mall? We had to take DD there on a visit and she seemed to like her a lot. Also liked that she gave us some back up meds for flight home...let me know! BTW, Stepmom says Volvo definately is going to my sister...so no go there.

MOD - A friend of mine just got GD and hers went all away right after babe came. Hopefully it will for you too! Good luck with those shots (again, ugh, I have no right to complain about anything). And I would love my crock pot back. I had a nice big one with a timer and it just...died. Right after the one year warranty, of course! Dang! I've borrowed a little one from a friend, but it has no timer, and the pot doesn't come out, and it's just, well, UGLY! Andof course, glad the baby turned!

When do babies turn down, anyway? I think new Dd has..

Leos - LOL, I got a suit when I went home for vaca adn still have not worn it. Can't return it either, but oh well. Maybe if I get real desperate! Just all I can think is that it doesn't cover my thighs...sigh.

Friend had her baby last night. Got induced b/c of "low fluid" and now she has a happy healthy teeny tiny 6 lb 6 oz baby girl which is much smaller than her first boy. We are hoping to see it tomorrow. But I'm a bit panicked as her family comes back tomorrow night! And we have plans throughout the weekend and I WILL NOT CANNOT get exhausted again. No more pukies! Wish me luck!
#26 of 31 Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Pom, so glad to hear from you, I've been worried, you take it easy!!!

Today's my 41st birthday and I feel pretty messy emotionally. I usu. love my bdays, and today I just feel sad, and tired and weepy. I don't know if all the 'geriatric pregnancy' bs got to me, or if I'm just worn out.

I feel very childlike and want my mom and she's not available, because she's all wrapped up in her needy sick husband. She's not even coming down when Max arrives, waiting for us to be able to hack a huge trek to Maine.

And my almost 80 year old dad had surgery under general anasthesia yesterday, it went fine, but my sister found out the prognosis was much worse than we knew, and although it didn't turn out to be bad at all, somehow that really kicked my butt.

One very nice thing was I had a really good conversation with my sis, who is usually quite unavailable herself, and she wanted me to know that she and her husband and little boy want to come down to meet Max when we're ready! I never thought she'd do that, so it means a lot to me, esp. given our parental situation.

I'd been doing really well not stressing about BH, and last night after our midwife appt/class, got very obsessed and worried again. I can't time the damn things, half the time, my belly seems hard for half an hour at a time, and I'm sick of worrying. Beanie boo is moving around and pushing, he's getting strong, so that's reassuring, midwife mashed my belly around last night and thought he was head down. Just trying to let it go and trust that I'll know if something needs my attention.

midwife said that ankle swelling may be something I'll just have to deal with til the end, and that only concern would be if other sypmtoms combined w/it. they are already puffed up and it's not even 9am! I need to get flip flops or something, I only have one pair of sandals that fit!!

Everyone, take care, and have a good relaxing weekend.
#27 of 31 Old 05-14-2005, 03:47 PM

to all the Mamas who have been feeling under the weather this week. I hope everyone starts feeling better including myself. I finally had a chance to read the thread and noticed that we are all suffering from a variety of late pregnancy ailments.

Last night the heartburn flared up worse than ever, I actually was running out the bed at 3 am because I thought I was going to vomit. I had been trying to stop taking the Pepcid and Tums but last night was the final straw. I eventually went back to sleep at 5 am.

Pom, I think I am okay on ped recommendations, I met with Portland Pediatrics which has a Saco office but actually has a office S. Po as well. I have another appt next week with the ped who works mainly with the birth center Moms. So I feel good that we will settle on one of the 2 docs.

Hope everyone has a happy weekend!

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#28 of 31 Old 05-14-2005, 05:15 PM

Hi all
Sorry to hear about everyone's pregnancy woes...not too much longer now. I'm only hoping I won't sprout too many more icky varicose veins before July. And that the ones I have developed will maybe shrink after the birth. I swear, I am too young for this.

Weird pregnancy symptom (I'm assuming) of the week: a buzzing sensation right over my pubic bone. At first I thought it was the baby making some awfully strange movement, but I'm thinking it's just some kind of nerve or muscle twitch. It's like an extremely fast eyelid twitch in a different location. Very odd.

MOD, glad to hear your baby has flipped. I still can't figure out this little one's position from day to day. S/he was vertex posterior according to the midwives a couple weeks ago, but I still worry about another breech babe - even though I wouldn't necessarily have another c/s just for that...I just don't want to have to make that decision again.

I'm really looking forward to doing some swimming soon. Still have my old maternity suit which really isn't bad. It's like a bikini bottom with a nice floppy tank top. I am once again gaining a ton of weight with this pregnancy though, the thunder thighs combined with the vein issues are making me feel less than like beach-ready. But floating around sounds super nice.

Hope you all will have a comfortable and peaceful week.
#29 of 31 Old 05-15-2005, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Cassidy,
I've had what seems similiar to your buzzing sensation, except mine has been high up, right around solar plexus, I figured babe was hitting a weird nerve spot or something.

floating sounds wonderful right now, I must get to the pool.

After exhausting weepy Friday, I went to bed at 7:30, slept in while DH went to work, woke up to get food and moved to couch, read magazines all day and did nothing other than throw a load of laundry in. messy house driving me nuts.

today on campus for graduation ceremony. sigh. still tired.
#30 of 31 Old 05-15-2005, 02:12 PM

Oh, Lisa, I wanted to share my friend's "hint list" for swelling--

Protein, protein, protein! And make sure you are salting your food (sea salt if possible.) Are you on the Brewer pregnancy diet? (www.blueribbonbaby.org)

Someone mentioned Sandy Countryman....her "recipe" for pregnancy edema is to make sure you are immersed in water every day (bath or pool) and to DAILY eat one whole cucumber, one whole grapefruit, a 1/2 cup of parsley, all the celery and watermelon you can eat, and garlic. (In addition to all your protein, i.e. Brewer diet).

Some herbs that help for swelling:

Alfalfa: 1-2 T. of leaves in a cup of boiling water; drink 2-4 x day (You can also drink it in chlorophyll.)

Dandelion Root: Infusion: Use 2-4 tsp. of leaf for each cup of water; steep the leaves for 30 minutes; drink up to 3 cups/day. Decoction: Simmer 1-2 tsp. root in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Take 1-2 cups/day. Tincture: Made with the root, take 10-40 drops in water 4 x day.

Nettle: Infusion tea is the recommended form, but I'm out of time, so let me know if you want the "recipe" or not. It's also great to help prevent hemmorhage during birth and to promote milk production. Actually, this is one of those herbs that has SO many benefits to women at all stages of life that it should be a daily part of all our diets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page