Baby shower package---what did you get - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2005, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For all who participated in the Baby shower gift exchange, June 4th is the deadline to send out the packages if you haven't yet, if you have, AWESOME!!!
All participants user-names: Jeanieloz, BinahYeteirah, Max's Mami, mtnherbalady, shayinme, MilkonDemand, Hilary_Anne, JeanetteL, SunnyBabyin2005, darsmama, Soccerchic21, Korwynne, Mesecina, and Pellifoli.

Anyone who has received their packages and would like to share post here

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

I received my package about a week ago, I got an Awesome blanket that I found out was homemade hand dyed and hemp! Also a onesie, I'm a big onesie fan!, two pairs of booties, a cute stuffed elephant, and a bottle.
Great gifts and THANK YOU!!!!!
Although I think Cameron will end up taking the elephant, it is his favorite animal, it will be hard to keep his little paws off it!
Again Thanks!
Donna
Old 06-04-2005, 04:02 PM

I got a wonderful package from Pellifoli yesterday I got diapers and wipes, coloring books for both children.. lotion and goddess candles for me

Thank you so much!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 AM

I got mine last week. It's wonderful! It's all home-sewn things. I love seeing other mamas' sewing and these are just perfect. There is a little recycled wool wrap with snaps, a colorful cotton fitted, 2 prefolds that I believe are sewn of recycled materials, and a pair of fleece-lined breast pads. Everything is so cute and little. Thank you mama! I think I know who you are (you posted on this thread ), but I will try to wait to be sure.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Hey all,
Korwynne, so glad you liked!

We got to PO last night after difficult MW appt (all's fine, just stupid horrible midwifery student, and weird energy) to find my gift! what a timely treat!

I got a GORGEOUS little knitted hat and booties, in a beautiful dark periwinkle blue, just lovely, and the fabulous LLL book, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding!! Yay!!

Thanks so much mystery showerer! I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out who you are!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Got my gift today!!! Thank you soooo much to JeanetteL! I got a wonderful, very relaxing CD that is just in time to go into the hospital bag I am packing, a microfleece blanket with a zebra driving a car, two pairs of little blue pants, a first year calender that is quite pretty, and also the book "The Day you were Born." Wow!!! I feel so spoiled - especially since the package was green and the wrapping paper was purple --- my two most favorite colors!

I think my kids were as excited as I was when the postman rang the bell this morning!

Thanks again Jeanette!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 PM

My package should have been recieved quite awhile ago.. I haven't seen any posts about it though..
Old 06-07-2005, 08:53 PM

You are very welcome - it was fun putting it together, my dd had a ball with it, although was confused about why we were sending this package to someone we didn't really know - lol! (how old will she be when she has her first internet friend, I wonder)??

Too cool on the colours - just a total coincidence!

Jeanette
Old 06-07-2005, 10:06 PM

I received my gift the other day, still not sure who exactly it was from since I only know screen names. I recieved a very lovely Pro-rap AIO and some hemp wipes, I am anxious to use once the baby arrives. Thank you so much!

My gift should have been recieved, haven't seen any posts about it though.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:53 PM

I got my package almost a month ago, but was waiting till the "official" thank you thread to post about it. There was a whole pile of sleepers! And, some really cute diapers with a 4th of July theme, AND a knit soaker!! Thanks so much!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkOnDemand
Wow!!! I feel so spoiled - especially since the package was green and the wrapping paper was purple --- my two most favorite colors!
Those are my favorite 2 colors, too. Love purple and green, love 'em.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:23 PM

My gift arrived about a week ago, and I would have posted sooner but I haven't had internet access for a little while. Thank you so much Shayinme! I received a wonderfull set of Burts Bees baby stuff (shampoo, diaper rash ointment, etc.) and a bean bag with lavender in it to heat up for warmth or put in the freezer for cold (if baby scrapes his knee or something.) They are really wonderfull gifts that I wouldn't have thought of as a first time mom. I was really happy to get them. Thank you!
-Hilary
Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesecina
I got my package almost a month ago, but was waiting till the "official" thank you thread to post about it. There was a whole pile of sleepers! And, some really cute diapers with a 4th of July theme, AND a knit soaker!! Thanks so much!
That was me

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Old 06-11-2005, 02:11 PM

My buddy hasn't posted...but I also don't think she has posted since the beginning of June....
Old 06-20-2005, 08:00 PM

I havent gotten anything yet... hope its not lost in the mail.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mami
I havent gotten anything yet... hope its not lost in the mail.
I think mine is lost in the mail too.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Old 06-20-2005, 08:14 PM

ACK! I totally forgot to post that I got my gift....I hope the mama wasn't worried that it got lost in the mail (I don't know the MDC user name of my giver....keep meaning to look through sig lines because I hardly ever pay attention to people's "real" names).

My gift was lovely - Bella was totally excited by the little baby brushes and nail clippers - and tried to steal the diaper cover right away for her dolls!

Thanks to the mama who sent my stuff, and also to the person whose wonderful idea this was - a surprise in the mail makes my day!

Jeanette
Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 PM

Well, I sent my package out right at the deadline, and I live in Australia, so it might take a while before it gets to you (I sent to one of you who haven't gotten your package yet, but I'm not telling who!). I sent it air mail, but they told me it might take 3-4 weeks, so it should be there in the next 2 weeks or so, I guess.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:11 PM

Binah sent me the most BEAUTIFUL baby blanket and bib! I am posting a picture because they are just so gorgeous - seriously the pic doesnt do them justice - its an awsome pink floral print one one side and fleece (either cotton or hemp - I am not sure) on the other w/ print stars appliqued on. And same for the bib - just gorgeous!

Did you make them Binah?!?

Thank you so much - I LOVE them!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2jNw3cMmzYyA
Old 06-21-2005, 03:06 PM

I have loved reading about all of your gifts!!!!! That IS a beautiful blanket!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Binah sent me the most BEAUTIFUL baby blanket and bib! I am posting a picture because they are just so gorgeous - seriously the pic doesnt do them justice - its an awsome pink floral print one one side and fleece (either cotton or hemp - I am not sure) on the other w/ print stars appliqued on. And same for the bib - just gorgeous!

Did you make them Binah?!?

Thank you so much - I LOVE them!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2jNw3cMmzYyA
Aww, shucks, I am so glad you like it. I made them. It's made of hemp/cotton fleece and 100% cotton print. It was one of my first appliqué projects and not all the sewing is perfect, so I'm really happy you think it's nice.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah
Aww, shucks, I am so glad you like it. I made them. It's made of hemp/cotton fleece and 100% cotton print. It was one of my first appliqué projects and not all the sewing is perfect, so I'm really happy you think it's nice.
I really do love it! I think the sewing is great! I think it will be the first blanket we use - it will be a perfect one for tummy time on the floor too, so soft and nice and big! You should go into business!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You should go into business!
I'm taking orders, then.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Ok for those who know who sent what to whom this won't be a surprise, but to those who don't know, here's the list:

Mtnherbalady to Shayinme
milkonDemand to mtnherbalady
Jeanieloz to BinahYeteirah
Max'sMami to Jeanieloz
BinahYeteirah to Max's Mami
shayinme to Hilary_Anne
Mesecina to Pellifoli
Korwynne to darsmama
pellifoli to korwynne
JeanetteL to Milkondemand
darsmama to JeanetteL
sunnybabyin2005 to Soccerchic21
Soccerchic21 to Mesecina
Hillary_Anne to Sunnybabyin2005

Donna
Old 06-22-2005, 12:46 AM

What a gorgeous blanket!

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 AM

So sorry I missed out on the fun! What a fantastic idea you guys had! Ah well, maybe next time!

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

Old 06-23-2005, 05:40 PM

Thanks to the nice mommas who sent me a gift certificate to Natural Babies. I just ordered some very daddy friendly Ella's diapers and a small fuzzi bunz.

Can't wait to get them.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:53 AM

jeanieloz - What kind of snaps did you use on the wool wrap you made me? They are nice; are they the type from the fabric store? Or do you have a press or snap setter? I love the wrap, btw. Thanks for taking my package on, since you have to pay extra for shipping to Australia.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

They are the snap source long prong snaps, from www.snapsource.com They do require a snap setter, but it is very user friendly. The wool wrap is from an old pleated skirt I got at a thrift store. After undoing the hems and cutting the waistband out, I ended up with about 2 yards of material!

It was by chance I got your name, I had every name written down, and then had my older kids draw names, and whoever came up, is who got to give to whom...

It seemed like the exchange worked out well for everybody!
Donna
Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 PM

I just dropped $200 on a professional snap press, so I won't be getting the snap setter thing. I'm kind of embarrassed I spent so much on it (it's a tax return splurge what can I say), but I'm getting really into sewing in general. I figure I can always sell it for a good price if I find I'm not using it. I got the one from the One Stop Diaper Shop, but the Snap Store also has dies that will fit that press. I am happy about that because Snap Store carries the metal snaps, pearlized snaps (like the ones you see on "Western" wear), eyelettes, and jean/jacket/outerwear snaps. I hope that will meet all my snap needs for my sewing career. I do like the Snap Source ones, too, though. I like metal snaps.

It's interesting that you got my name and you were the organizer, though...
I bet your kids liked picking the names out.

User Tag List