Weekly, July 18th to 24th!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 07-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Things are going really great over here. It is like Jake was here the whole time. Our adjustment period has gone so well I am feeling so blessed right now.

As far as Jake goes things are going so surprisingly well. I am starting to think the ball is going to drop because he can't just be this easy. The first night home was a little rough trying to find out his groove at night and what he wants but it wasn't nearly as rough as Riley. Then yesterday he basically just eats about every 2 hours or so then naps...all day...crazy!!!! And last night was great. I found out that he only wants to eat in a football hold (that was my problem the first night I wanted to feed him in bed laying down but he had other plans) so I set us up in bed like that and every hour and a half after eating he would wake up again...like clockwork...I feel like I shouldn't have gotten that much sleep last night....plus you can lay him down after he eats and he stays asleep!!!!! Riley never did that! So while he naps I get Riley time which we both need of course. I was worried that I wouldn't get to give her a lot of attention but he is making it so I still get to hang out with her and cuddle with her.

Breastmilk is an amazing thing : ) He actually gets full! LOL My milk is in and it is great! He actually spit up today after a feeding...yes! over full :LOL we had such a horrible time getting Riley off to a good start. I suppose it helps that she still nurses so she is helping my supply. I do have a plugged duct too that I am trying to have her work on as well.

Daddy has Jake right now at the dr's office. They wanted to do a weight check because he lost over 10%....but hello the guy has enough weight to loose he is a husker. He was also a little jaundiced when we brought him home but that is also clearing up.

Baby blues are here. Not as bad as with Riley. My problem is "feeling alone" we have been getting enough visitors where that hasn't been too much of an issue...plus having Riley here helps...and I just go outside when I feel cooped up in the house. Paul has been a great husband too. This time I actually told him about the blues and what I feel. I don't know why I didn't do that before. I think I actually got PPD with Riley but never did anything about it...bad bad bad ....don't do that ladies.

Anyway...sorry that was a lengthy update...

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 51 Old 07-20-2005, 03:10 PM

Ok well I went again today at noon and I went from barely dialated to a stretchy 5 cm dialated! I was super soft and stretchy and baby's head was right there. She thought I would definately go into labor today/tonight and if I didn't she would do another sweep tomorrow and she thought most definately I would have the baby after that.

:

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#33 of 51 Old 07-20-2005, 05:31 PM

Yay! Go Maman!
#34 of 51 Old 07-20-2005, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Cresorchid, thank you for sharing your birth story. Despite the negatives, it sounds like a wonderful birth, and that you handled everything very well!

Oh Violet, so sorry to hear about the bp problems. Don't know if this will help, but mine was starting to climb and my OB recommended swimming. She said being immersed in water would help bring it down. I didn't follow her advice of course :LOL , but am lucky that being off work seems to have done the trick. BP is down to almost normal levels now. I hope things work out for you.

Pom, I'm snickering about DH picking up breast pads. They have got to just love this stuff, lol. My friend gave me the tip of making sure I bought plenty of pads before the baby came, because otherwise I'd have to send DH, and who knows what he'd come home with!

Darsmama, very exciting stuff! Come on baby!

Nordic, sounds like things are moving along .

Congratulations Valerie!! And welcome to Anna! So glad to hear that everything is going well .

Shay, sorry to hear you're hot and miserable. Your DH sounds like a dream -- even if he's so efficient it's leaving you with nothing to do :LOL . As for friends, have you thought of trolling over to the Find Your Tribe section of MDC? Maybe locate some like-minded mamas in your area? Just a thought ...

Soccer, it sounds like things are going great. I'm so glad to hear that, because I know this can be a rough transition ... especially when you throw a toddler into the mix. Glad you could talk to DH about feeling a little blue. Hopefully it's just the hormonal roller coaster, and will even out soon. I need to have a chat with DH about signs/symptoms of PPD, so he can keep his eyes peeled.

Everything is still the same here. I actually did go get in a friend's pool today (for the first time). It felt really good, but I didn't realize just how good until I got out. That extra weight hit me like a ton of bricks, accompanied by a nasty BH (didn't feel a single contraction while in the water). Ugh. It took a little while to acclimate and get my "land legs" back again :LOL . Thinking of going back for another swim tomorrow -- it was so heavenly. But the thought of having to get out of the water is kind of depressing. I think I'm going to be really grateful for that hot tub during labor! :LOL

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#35 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 AM

WooHoo - looks like baby flipped back head down again - I actually drove to my MW's house yesterday to get her to check - I just didn't trust myself. I'd been totally anti- internal exams - but let her do one so she could get a really good feel, and she's pretty positive that she felt the head! I'm excited, but still so anxious that this baby will keep on going topsy-turvey before birth.

Think head-down thoughts for me please
#36 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteL
WooHoo - looks like baby flipped back head down again - I actually drove to my MW's house yesterday to get her to check - I just didn't trust myself. I'd been totally anti- internal exams - but let her do one so she could get a really good feel, and she's pretty positive that she felt the head! I'm excited, but still so anxious that this baby will keep on going topsy-turvey before birth.

Think head-down thoughts for me please
Yay, Jeanette! Here's hoping the baby stays that way!
#37 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteL
WooHoo - looks like baby flipped back head down again
YAY!!!!! Sending lots of "stay-head-down" vibes your way!!

And, for clarification, in my post above, I was referring to buying "sanitary napkin" style pads before the birth. Even I am overwhelmed by the gaggle of choices available in that aisle now. I can't imagine what DH would arrive home with if sent on that errand :LOL .

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

#38 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 PM

yeah Jeanette!!!
#39 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Pom

nak...

it wa BRUTALLY hot in my apt yesterday...and expect the same today...I WANT TO GO SWIMMING!!!!

My family has left...stepmom was a GINORMOUS help...she even vaccuumed window screens! but my poor dad was such an unhappy jerk for most of the visit, I was cursing and hissing and reaction way too strongly and feel horrid for DD#1 to witness mama treat zayde with such disrespect, but when I mentioned I was nervous about being alone with the girls I got "a new one" from him about how my DH is not my slave (WTF??) and women have been doing this for years and who do I think I am, and that I will be a better person for the hardship...huh?! Sigh. He really does mean well, but has little capacity to have fun or edit his thoughts. He totally RUINED DD#1's bday "party" (which was already missing DH, balloons, presents, and all the plans we had b/c she came home late exhausted from the day out with them and DH's car broke adn the buses were a mess) with a hissy fit b/c I told him he could not watch the news with her in the room...started slamming doors and sat sullen as we sang happy birthday...oh, this is a horrible ramble. Anyway, I will miss SM's help, but am glad to have some peace back. Dad and I get along much better when he's across the country.

Jeannette - WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Soooo excited for you.
#40 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 03:04 PM

MF - I hope your next SnS does the trick for you.

Valérie.Qc - Congrats! I hope you are able to post more about the birth soon.

Shanana - The swimming sounds nice. I would need an indoor over here in the cold myself, but it still sounds marvelous.

JeanetteL - on the baby turning.

soccerchic21 - I am glad the adjustment is going so well, that your little boy is sleeping and bfing well. I hope you don't have too much trouble with the "blues" and I'm sure you know to get help if you feel you want/need it.

Pom - I'm glad that you are satisfied with your dd's name. It sounds like you got the right one after all. Wow, dad is a bit much, no? I am sorry you had to deal with all that!

Nothing doing here. It's my (second) due date. I want to have a baby. There I said it. I'm feeling that "done" feeling now. Maybe it's just because I was so yuck yesterday (heartburn and tired and irritable), but I feel ready. Hopefully it's not too hard for me to go "over" if that is what happens. After having dd the day after my due date, I don't know how impatient I can be. Hopefully I can go with the flow...
#41 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Pom, your one-handed typing skills are impressive!! :LOL Sounds like SM was an awesome help, but your dad could use a bit of an attitude adjustment. Sorry that it was so rough, and your help had to come with so much baggage .

Binah, KWYM about hoping you don't get impatient. I'm still doing okay, but am starting to get a little antsy. It's hard to keep holding on -- especially as you pass by the due date (or due dateS in your case :LOL ). I hope you're feeling less "yucky" today!

I'm off work on disability now, but my co-workers invited me out to lunch today, and got me a bouquet of flowers and a sizeable gift card to Wal-Mart. I thought that was so nice of them! Several people drove an hour (they work at one of our other facilities) just to come to the lunch. I was very flattered that they took time out from their busy schedules for me .

Afterwards I went to my friend's pool again. Ahhhhhh, heavenly. I floated around on my stomach for a while (trying to get babe in a really good anterior position), then did some frog kicks back and forth (trying to get babe to drop more). After an hour of mostly floating, I suddenly felt the urge to ditch the raft and walk back and forth across the pool. It's a moderate sized round, above-ground pool, a little above waist deep. So I sank into a squat that brought the water up to my neck, and while staying squatting, I walked back and forth across the pool, over and over. At the same time I made a breaststroke motion with my arms. I think I was having contractions (kinda hard to tell how serious they were, since I was in the water -- but I was definitely feeling pretty crampy), and as I swept my arms open in front of me, I kept thinking "open, open, open" and imagining my cervix relaxed and opening up. I also focused on relaxing my throat (it's linked to the birth canal, according to Ina May). I did this for quite a while, and felt all groovy and trance-like. Then I started noticing "real life" intruding into my space again, and felt like stopping, so I did. Nothing but a few BH since I got out, but I still figure doing that kind of stuff can't hurt, even if it doesn't immediately lead to labor :LOL .

Other than that, still feeling decent. Nights are getting pretty hard, though. I don't know why, but I am so much more uncomfortable at night. The recliner has served me so well all these many months, but it's suddenly not that comfortable anymore. The bed isn't an option at all, and that leaves, well, nothing else that I've been able to figure out . If it wasn't for the nights, I would be feeling pretty darn good, all things considered. I am very much enjoying my time off work, resting and relaxing, and taking care of ME.

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

P.S. For those of you who are still pg and considering swimming, be forewarned that your need to pee will increase considerably once you return to the normal gravitational field! I almost didn't make it to the bathroom in time, and man oh man, I didn't think my bladder could still hold that much!!!! :LOL

#42 of 51 Old 07-21-2005, 06:50 PM

Pom, reading about your dad sounds exactly like what I am expecting of my Dad's visit after babe arrives. He truly does not comprehend all that I wll be dealing with and I know we will probably have a smiliar exchange to you and your Dad.

Shana, that swimming sounds nice. I bought a swimsuit a few weeks ago buy have yet to muster the energy to go to either the YMCA or beach.

Well today is official "due" date and nothing is going on. I saw the MW who checked me and while cervix is soft, baby is still high up. Granted this is baby #2 so as she told me don't get discouraged since things could change real quick. She caught a baby this morning of a mom who was 42 weeks who started having contractions at 4:00 am and by 6:15 am baby was born, she was also a 2nd time Mama, so hope springs eternal.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#43 of 51 Old 07-22-2005, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I had my 39 week appt today. Due to concerns about scar tissue on my cervix, I asked her to check me. I was 50% effaced and closed 2 weeks ago, and today I was, well, 50% effaced and closed . After two weeks of near constant BH (including one that lasted for an hour last night : ) and lots of crampy contractions! I know it doesn't mean all that much, but it was still annoying. I've got a call into my monitrice asking her opinion on starting EPO. I'm mostly just concerned about the possibility of scar tissue impeding progress.

Other than that, I learned that it's possible to get sunburned on parts of your body that are underwater. I put sunblock on my arms, shoulders and upper back, but spent most of my time yesterday leaning forward on a raft, with the rest of me submerged, so didn't use anything anywhere else. Admittedly, I had my body trailing out behind me in the water, and I'm not sure how close it was to the surface, but it was still underwater. Needless to say, I'm burned from my mid-back to my heels : !! On the one surface of my body that I can even remotely comfortably lie down on!!! I had DH slather me with aloe vera last night, and I was so exhausted that it didn't bother me too much, and I actually got a relatively decent night's sleep for the first time in a while. So hopefully it won't prove to be too much of an annoyance! Yet another lesson learned the hard way ... :LOL

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

#44 of 51 Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Pom

oh SHanana, how frustrating...and painful, too! Sounds like you've had a "day." Hope the burn eases and the effacement speeds up!!

Shay - (sigh). Good luck with yours. It's so hard b/c I do love my dad, and he can be a really fun, generous guy...but his belief system just depresses the hell out of everyone around him and weighs him down...

30 Babies born, ladies...have you seen? It's amazing when it's all listed like this: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=3365782
#45 of 51 Old 07-23-2005, 07:39 AM

Well my news is that they have me scheduled in for a c/section on Tuesday morning - wanted me in on Monday night but I told them I would be there in the morning - didn't see the point of being away from dd just for their convenience! So in the meantime I have been taking my homeopathic stuff, long hard walks, castor oil (OMG it is terrible), sex and anything else I can think of and at my apt yesterday I was no further on - they can't even get in to do a stretch and sweep, it's depressing but I can't think of anything else I can do to get this baby to come before Tuesday - still trying however, but the castor oil is really difficult to do - haven't lost bowel control with it but the contractions are REALLY there, however if I'm not dialating and not at all effaced then I'm not sure that there is much point - anyway I'll finish the bottle and not buy any more!!!

Have to go and stock up the kitchen and then do some shopping for dd's birthday, and make sure we have everything ready so maybe spending the rest of the day on my feet may help! I'm anything I do could help at this point!

Pom - sorry your Dad was so difficult I also have my dd's birthday party organised for when my parents are here so hope it goes a bit better! Your SM sounds great though and such a help - love it when women get together and really help one another!

Shana - the pool sounds great a really uplifting experience but the sunburn thing is a bummer - we use aloe all the time though and it is great stuff.

Binah - impatience - KexactlyWYM - I'm sure you'll be fine - just means that mentally you are ready for everything to happen - it's really positive.

Jeanette - am so glad that the baby turned for you - maybe you being so relaxed about babe being breech helped and not 'trying' to do things to make babe turned helped.

Valerie - congrats on your babe - let us know the story.

Soccer - so glad things are going so well for you and Jake and hope that your recovery is not too difficult.

I am reading all the posts but have to go now - all the best to everyone and even if I don't post too much am thinking about you all in these very precious times.

Rachel

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#46 of 51 Old 07-23-2005, 11:13 PM

Hey ewe, sounds frustrating ): I hope you are in labor as we speak!!!

I'm frustrated. I thought for sure last night was THE night. I'm so sore, lifting Dar is really painful and I just want to not be pregnant anymore!!!!! I cant imagine being two weeks "overdue". Please baby Daphne, arrive already!!!!

Grrr..

I am going to go knit.

I hope you all are well.

Katie
#47 of 51 Old 07-24-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Ewe . I'm thinking of you, and hoping all goes well.

Nothing going on here. Sunburn is itchy but getting better. I'm also wondering if I've developed sleep apnea recently (due to 50 lb weight gain). Lately I've been waking up between 3 and 4 AM, and then have a really hard time sleeping after that. Lots of light dozing, and feeling like I'm waking up all the time. Also happens when I nap ... I'll be exhausted, but just can't *stay* asleep. I'll doze off, then wake up with a start (over and over and over and over) -- often while making a sharp exhaling sound. I realized last night that as I make that sound, it feels like I'm using my breath to "open" my throat. But I don't think I'm snoring (DH doesn't hear anything, but is he just sleeping through it?), and everything I've read online says apnea is accompanied by severe snoring. Regardless, it seems by the time I could see my primary care physician (who is leaving her practice at the end of this week, and I have to find a new one!), get a referral to a sleep specialist and get an appt, I won't even be pregnant anymore! And then what? Will it just go away? How soon? And if not, how awful would it be to have apnea and baby-induced sleep deprivation? But how in the hell could I go for overnight sleep testing when I'm bfing a newborn every 2 hours??? Sigh. Feeling a little discouraged here. I wish I could just know if I had it or not, and be able to do something about it or stop worrying. Also terrified that if I do have it, the lack of oxygen will harm the baby.

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

#48 of 51 Old 07-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanana
Regardless, it seems by the time I could see my primary care physician (who is leaving her practice at the end of this week, and I have to find a new one!), get a referral to a sleep specialist and get an appt, I won't even be pregnant anymore! And then what? Will it just go away? How soon? And if not, how awful would it be to have apnea and baby-induced sleep deprivation? But how in the hell could I go for overnight sleep testing when I'm bfing a newborn every 2 hours???
It probably is pregnancy induced. I got it with both of my pregnancies and it went away soon afterward....almost immediately...at least within days.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#49 of 51 Old 07-24-2005, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21
It probably is pregnancy induced. I got it with both of my pregnancies and it went away soon afterward....almost immediately...at least within days.
Thanks, Sarah. That makes me feel better!! I was thinking about this some more, and realized that with the change in hormones after birth, the swelling in my nasal passages, etc., should go down soon. So I'm guessing even if I have sleep apnea, it should improve soon after the birth due to the reduction in swelling, even though it will take a while to lose some of the weight. Your story confirms that. I also read that sleeping on your back can make it worse (I sleep on my back in a recliner). Hopefully once my ligaments stop acting like overstretched rubber bands, I'll be able to sleep on my side again. So I think I will do nothing for now, and just wait it out. Hopefully this baby comes SOON!

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

#50 of 51 Old 07-25-2005, 10:15 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that I am still reading, just not posting. I never could learn to NAK. I am trying to reply to everyone's announcements/stories, but I know I am missing a few, and I am so sorry. Congrats to anyone I have missed!!!

I CANNOT believe it has been three weeks already since I had this little guy! It seems like he has been here forever and for only moments all at the same time.

I seriously reek of spit up and sour milk so off to the shower for me!
#51 of 51 Old 07-25-2005, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Leos, I've been thinking of you, and hoping your pp recovery has been going better! Let us know how you're doing .

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page