An introduction - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-30-2004, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, rather than all tuck into the same thread, I thought I'd start another one. I soooo loved my due-in board from my first baby, I'm sort of looking forward to this board.

We just tested last week, and the little calendar said I'm due 8/1/05. YIPPEE!

This will be baby 2 for us if all remains sticky (I'm going to not freak out this time), putting the kiddos 20 months apart, then we'll be done. DH is 40, so we knew we had to get busy once we decided we wanted kids.

I CD my son now, and love it. I'm fully addicted to cute diapers. We ended up giving up BFing early for long-story sort of reasons (more on that later if it comes up). We also co-sleep (more like get head-butted all night lately, really). These oddities together make us our little family, but I'm also not sure where I'll best fit in on a board. I hope this is an accepting place of all styles.

Anyway, I'm out here in Oregon, and looking forward to the group!
#2 of 7 Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 PM

congrats!

Hi! I'm April in AZ. we found out Sun that I am pg. I am still in shock a bit, but it's starting to sink in a little! yesterday was the day AF was due and I kept checking all day expecting to see blood. wierd, I know..

I am hoping for an unassisted pg and birth. I am also a VBAC and will give birth 1 month shy of the reccomended 18month birth-birth rule. I feel like I have alot going against me right now, but I am surprisingly calm about it all right now. :LOL

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#3 of 7 Old 11-30-2004, 11:55 PM

Hi - Just got the positive test yesterday and am due August 9 with #1!!!!!!. It hasn't really sunk in yet. DH found out on just one hour of sleep and then was off to start his day - what a bizarre day for him. We haven't told anyone yet and I am so wanting to shout it to everyone. Gotta let it sink in for dh first. Still, my mom keeps calling and wants to know. She knew Monday was going to be our test day, but she has never checked up on me any other month - wonder if she had a sense too.
#4 of 7 Old 12-01-2004, 05:02 AM

Wow!
I am so excited to meet you gals. & RainbowMoon *Hugs* how cool is it we both just found out were preggo!? Thanks for those herbal recipes BTW, they've been working great.
Barb, I'm in Salem! What part of Oregon are you in?

I'll introduce myself again.
I'm Katie, I'm 22 and married to Dwayne. We had Darlene at home, in the water assisted by our midwives three months ago! What an adventure that was. Uhh, this is a big suprise OOPS! but *deep breath* everything will be okay kind of pregnancy so far. I just found out like 7 hours ago, so maybe that's why my thoughts are so scattered, I'm still in shock.
I too, cloth diaper Darlene, but I am not bf'ing her. Long story short and no excuses pulled, I had a very hard time, she lost weight, I got discouraged, & gave up.
I'm hoping this time will go better!
I'm happy to be pregnant, but not seeing how I am going to be able to be a good mom to TWO. I was just getting the hang of number ONE!!!!
Well, I'll let you gals go..But it's so nice to meet you all!!

Peace & Love and lots of ust

Katie
#5 of 7 Old 12-01-2004, 09:13 AM

((katie)) we had to stop BF at about 5 months as my milk completley dried up. I had major complications after my c/s in March that contributed to it (pancreatitis). it's heartbreaking to not be able to nurse I know I am still mourning it

so your babes will be about 1 year apart? very neat! even before Dylan was born we had planned to try again right away for #2. it took us awhile to get pg with him (9mo) so we were'nt expecting me to get pg right away!!!!!! lol. we are very happy though! I know alot of folks are going to think we are nuts (especially so soon after a c/s) or think I'm trying to relive my birth expereience (not the case at all) but I am healed and doing fine now!

glad you are enjoying the herbal recipes!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#6 of 7 Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Hi All, I'm happy that this board is picking up! Looks like August will be a busy month for babies!!

My name is Kailia, 19, and I found out LAST monday(at 10dpo) that I was pregnant with our 2nd child. It was my 2nd cycle TTC and we were shocked that it worked! My sweet DP, Heather, gave birth to our beautiful son Kesar last May, and he is now almost 7 months old. So our babe's will be 15 months apart, which is nice and close just like we wanted. I had my first blood test yesterday after 5 urine tests that all said positive(including 2 CP tests that said "pregnant").
I got pregnant via IUI using frozen sperm if anyone is curious, and the sperm belongs to the same donor we used for Kesar, so they will be blood related on the donors side. We can't wait to see how these two look alike/different.
Kesar is also fully cloth diapered, which we . I am so excited to be pregnant and I already can't wait to meet baby #2

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#7 of 7 Old 12-01-2004, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

What a treat to be with all you ladies! I'm sooo excited!
Katie - I'm in North Portland, very near I-5. We were just in Salem last weekend visiting friends (a 1st birthday), they live on Park Ave. NE. Are you near them? If you ever come up, we should have tea or something (a few weeks ago, I would have said coffee).

I also had a c-section with #1 (after 2 days of post-water break, and no labor without chemicals that either baby or I didn't react well to). All that after having a midwife, a doula, and of course a birth plan. Thankfully, my doula had me read about c-sections before hand, so we were slightly prepared for what would happen. I've decided to not VBAC, because apparently (not found in my u/s the first time) I have a heart shaped uterus, so baby can't position properly. Anyway, my m/w actually suggested I consider it to also take control back. I've been thinking about it since my 6-week followup to #1, and am pretty settled.

I think we'll take Birthing From Within classes this time, though. I still feel like I need some sort of therapy from the whole ordeal, even though my body has healed well, and I actually weigh a little less than before I got prego the first time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page