Hi August mama's! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-01-2004, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I took a pregnancy test tonight and yep - it's positive. I called my midwife, and then I took another one. Yep, pregnant. All those weird flutters, PMS cramps that resulted in no period, and crying jags weren't because I was about to start my period, or that I'm only 3 months Postpartum. Nope, I'm preggo again.

I'll introduce myself:

My name's Katie. I just turned 22 on the 22nd of November. Married to Dwayne. We live in Oregon. I had Darlene in a wonderful at home waterbirth in August (She's 3 months old!). Had sex 3 weeks PP, and ummm got pregnant sometime between now & then. :LOL

I don't think it's quite dawned on me yet. I'm happy, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to give Darlene everything she needs or I will be able to keep up on all the things I've started with her (Reading to her everynight, Cloth diapering, slinging her all the time)...And, I don't see how I'm going to be able to grow such a healthy baby this time as I did last time. I need sleep, and lots of it.

Hmm, so I'm not sure when I'm due, but I'm pretty sure probably early August, late July.
Anyways,
Thats my intro. I'd love to read more about you all too!

Peace & Love,
Katie
#2 of 6 Old 12-01-2004, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wow, congrats! I thought my babes were gonna be close together, but yours will be much closer!! Later on I may have to pick your brain as this is my first pregnancy and I am hoping to deliver my baby at home.

ET remove my last question, I read your last post that answered my question!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#3 of 6 Old 12-01-2004, 01:30 PM

I replied to you in the other string, too, but I'll bid you CONGRATS here, too! Those babes are going to be close for life! My DH is too much of a rules guy to break the 6-week-no-sex rule. And, let me tell you, I remember being RANDY after giving birth (and wanting none of it for darn near 6 months!).

I'd love to hear about your water birth sometime. As a gal that really wanted the intervention-free birth, but instead sampled from the whole hospital menu, I can live vicariously through you.
#4 of 6 Old 12-01-2004, 03:11 PM

Hi and Congratulations!

I had a water birth with DD (3 yrs.) also. We were at the midwives clinic though, not at home.
#5 of 6 Old 12-01-2004, 11:30 PM

Hi Katie,
Congrats! I had a home water birth with Justin and it was just great! But the pushing was a little different than out of the water, so that was weird. If I could pick anywhere else in the US to live, it would be Oregon. I've heard its very similar to NH.

I have a cousin named Katie who is 18. Its weird to think that you are only a little bit older than she is, and working on #2 already. Not that you're young to have babies, but its funny thinking it could be her in a year or two (or now), kwim? I remember when she was born - makes me feel a bit old (even though I'm NOT!)

~ Amy ~

Homeschooling Mom of

ds 16, ds14, ds9, dd6

#6 of 6 Old 12-03-2004, 08:32 PM

Congrats to you!

My hubby and I spent a great 3 1/2 years in Oregon- Portland. Where do you live??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page