I might be joining you, but a little nervous... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2004, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We weren't planning on ttc until January, but ....well, here I am!

Here's the story: AF was due Nov. 26. I always have 28 day cycles, three day flow, no problem. Well, on the 24th, I started spotting - very faint, light brown, could only see it when I wiped (sorry TMI). I had this spotting for nine days. Then, last Friday, I had a few hours of reddish-brown blood, not heavy at all, but more than spotting. Since then, spotting on and off. No cramps, no pain. Feel fine, otherwise.

I thought it was probably just an anovulatory cycle or something, although in my 26 years of having periods (yes! I'm 36 and started getting periods at 10), I've never had a cycle like that. Then this morning, I noticed that my gums bled when I brushed my teeth. And I had a zit. Neither of those things had happened since I was pregnant. So out of curiousity, I took a test.

I'm kind of shocked. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with bleeding like this? I had a miscarriage with my first pg, but it was a missed m/c, so I never bled. If this was a miscarriage, wouldn't something have happened by now? Would I be in pain? Could the bleeding have something to do with my c-section incision (DD is just a year old).

Freaking out,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm sort of in the same boat as you.

I tested last Thursday and got a positive result. On Sunday, immediately after sex with dh I began to bleed. I bled for 2 hours and enough to fill one pad. Went to the Dr's Monday and because I would only have been 4.5 weeks, she said all I could do was wait and see. She scheduled an ultrasound for me to "assess fetal viability" in a week and a half - the earliest a heartbeat would be detectable. All Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday I had a dull lower back ache and lots of pressure on my hips/pelvis. But no cramping at all. All my pregnancy symptoms are still there and I haven't bled since Sunday. So, I'm freaking out, too, wondering what the heck is going on!

So, no advice, but only condolances and hugs 'cause I know exactly what you're going through. Hopefully, we'll both be here for the long haul.

Take good care,
lilgreen
#3 of 4 Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 AM

HUGS to both of you & praying for everything to be okay!

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 AM

I was going to guess implantating bleeding, too. Good luck to both of you!

~ Amy ~

Homeschooling Mom of

ds 16, ds14, ds9, dd6

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page