Cautiously (and happily) joining you! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-10-2004, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I'm Debi, mommy to beautiful Ronni (2.5yo), and pregnant with "baby bump!" I had the BFP on Thanksgiving, but didn't want to admit to anyone but my DH yet...I'm HORRIBLY superstitious and we told NO ONE last time until we hit 12 weeks. However, in the last two weeks, for various reasons, I told two of my girlfriends, and I feel like I could use the support and comradery online too. You all seem like a great group with which to share this adventure!

This pregnancy was the result of saying, "Yes, I think we're ready," looking at each other lustily, and then taking a pregnancy test! Seriously, we only had one unprotected baby dance. I think we're among the most fertile people we know -- the same thing happened last time, pretty much.

So, it looks like, depending on when you start counting, I'm due in the first week of August. Some counters say July 31, but I think the later dates are more accurate -- maybe around the 5th or so. DD was born in late May, so I guess I have to buy some summer maternity clothes this time!

So far, I'm queasy on and off, absolutely USELESS tired, and my chest is well on its way to ridiculous. Last time, DH and I called them the "uber-boobies." I think we'll have to resurrect that nickname again. We're still not telling anyone until mid-late January, but my mom is coming to visit this weekend, and I am worried she'll just figure it out. I look like a train ran over me! I just hope she doesn't say anything.

Anyway, congrats everyone! Here we all go!
#2 of 7 Old 12-10-2004, 05:05 PM

Warmest Congratulations and Welcome!!

Totally with you on the superstitious thing, so I really hope things go well with your mom this weekend. I know the feeling.

Its going to be an amazing nine months
#3 of 7 Old 12-10-2004, 08:28 PM

congrats to you! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! hope your weekend goes well with your mom

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#4 of 7 Old 12-11-2004, 08:13 PM

Congrats to you and welcome Debi!
Sorry holding Dar or else I'd write more.

Katie
#5 of 7 Old 12-11-2004, 10:32 PM

Congrats to you!!
#6 of 7 Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 PM

Congrats and welcome! I had my first in May too- it was a nice time to have a baby- I'm kind of dreading August!

Good luck with keeping the news to yourself. I can't keep that kind of news too quiet. :LOL
#7 of 7 Old 12-12-2004, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I made it through my parents' visit...if they suspect, they didn't say anything. My mom noticed my asthma was bad, and asked if I could take extra medication. I told her I was off my meds right now, and she said, "Oh, in case you get pregnant?" I said yes, just in case.

We had a HUGE family hannukah party at my house on Saturday night, and I don't know if it's being tired from planning and executing that, or just the bad first trimester hormones kicking in, but today I was worse than useless. I had NO energy and NO appetite and no will to do anything. I laid on the couch for the first time in months. My poor dd couldn't figure me out. My poor dh had to do most of the parenting today. Fortunately, dd got a doll house from her aunts as a hannukah gift last night, and was entranced with it for most of the day.

Oy! How am I going to make it through the next X months? I feel like I'm moving through jello!!! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page