Weekly thread, 2/27-3/5 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holly, big hugs to you.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM

Hello to all you fellow prego mamas!

I just wanted to say how happy I was to see Chiro Kristen's last message about baby interaction.
I 100% believe in this now. Perhaps with last preg. I may not have. But, with this one, We had an issue with finding a and had to get an U/S . Which didn't happen until the next day (ugh! I was so stressed for a brief time) I really should learn to trust my body more, I would have avoided the stress all together. Around 11 1/2 wks. I started feeling the baby fluttering around and then at 12 + 3 days I had my CNM appt. and this is when there wasn't a heartbeat. That night I swear that I felt my babe move around quite a bit, as if to say " relax mom, I'm okay" I love being Pregnant. It is so amazing so be able to connect with such a small being. I wish that my DH could be preg. for just a moment to understand how amazing it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~ Andrya ,I love my DH! and attached mama to Kaianna,

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#33 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark
Sad update today Went for our U/S and Baby A did not make it. Her gestational sack is the right size, but she is small and her heart is no longer beating. Baby B is doing fabulous though....right on target and should carry to term without incident! Silver lining to a very bad afternoon.
Holly, I'm really sorry for your loss.
I'm sure that there is a silver lining because Baby B is doing well, but also feel like there must be some bittersweet feelings.... You'll be in my thoughts.

Take care of yourself.
Love,
#34 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 AM

Peds... Hmm... took me a few tiems around to find one that I liked and agreed with our beliefs regarding nursing, co-sleeping, no vaccines, etc. Actually, I didnt' even get to that point with my first two -- bottle fed and vaccinated them -- but by the time my third came around my beliefs in child rearing and the trust i had in myself grew... A nurse we had in the NICU told me once that I was the only advocate my child had and I definitely had a say in their medical issues -- even in the NICU. It was empowering and changed the way I raised them. One of the things that I like now about my peds is that when you call the office they are always friendly, always take me seriously and never immediately have me come in. The nurse or the doc call me back and we talk about what might be a course of action. I hate practices that cover their butts and have you come in for every little thing. ALso dont' like ones that don't trust mother's instincts. Nancy, I think you'll be surprised at how much you can trust yourself with your own child. I loved children all my life and had NO clue how connected I could/would be to my girls. I always trust my instinct and am trying to teach my own daughters to trust their own instincts.... I think that is often the best lead we have in life.

Nancy -- if you come up with other names that you like -- pass them on... Sounds like we'll be on the same page.... My dh doesn't even get a say in this child's name... He named the last one. I wanted to name her Haydn after the composer, but he said that was too snobby and no one would know who it is (can you believe that? what a non-music guy! :-)... So, I let him slid with Hayden -- even though he did make reference to the character Hayden Fox on that silly sitcom Coach... Dh is cute and pretty darn funny... so sometimes he sneaks by with things...

Insomnia again... cna you tell?
#35 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark
Sad update today Went for our U/S and Baby A did not make it. Her gestational sack is the right size, but she is small and her heart is no longer beating. Baby B is doing fabulous though....right on target and should carry to term without incident! Silver lining to a very bad afternoon.

awww... :cry Sorry to hear about Baby A.... I know early twin loss happens all too often, but that can't make it any easier to deal with.. ((hugs))

First appointment with the new OB today. Please keep us in your thoughts. I am so nervous... To add to things, I'd been feeling fluttering for the last couple weeks, but yesterday I felt it once, first thing in the morning, and then not again since. I am trying not to freak. After all, I got a brief glimpse of the baby moving and heart beating Tuesday morning at my final visit with the horrid ob....
#36 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 10:14 AM

Holly,
Hugs to you. Sorry for your loss.
- Kerri
#37 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 11:08 AM

Holly, I'm so sorry!!! I'm glad you are able to find the silver lining, but remember to fully allow yourself to grieve. We love you!

I don't feel the baby move all the time. Actually I haven't felt him move for several days now. But I talk to him, and I think he sends me thoughts back.

I really believe that this baby is laidback and always happy like dh. I'm more of the worrier, the moody one, the emotional one. But I haven't been that way nearly as much with being pg, so I attribute that to the little tiger's developing personality.

My eyesight has gone downhill so much in the last two months. I have to go get new glasses! Ugh. There's money I'm not excited about spending.

It's cold here but beautifully sunshiny!

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#38 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
First appointment with the new OB today. Please keep us in your thoughts. I am so nervous... To add to things, I'd been feeling fluttering for the last couple weeks, but yesterday I felt it once, first thing in the morning, and then not again since. I am trying not to freak. After all, I got a brief glimpse of the baby moving and heart beating Tuesday morning at my final visit with the horrid ob....
Let us know how the appt went! Hope the new one is awesome -- so awesome it makes up for the last one...

Keep us posted!
#39 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Holli:

I'm sorry to hear about Baby A, happy to hear that Baby B is doing fine. Please take care of yourself.
#40 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM

Holly, so sorry Baby A didn't make it! So glad Baby B is still going strong though.

Kaitnbugsmom, I hope your new ob is a good one. Please keep us updated. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#41 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 01:54 PM

Kaitnbugsmom, Let us know as soon as you get back how it went!!

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#42 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 02:03 PM

We met w/one of the doctors from Homefirst last night and we're having a homebirth!!!!!

Dh isn't "totally excited about it, but it's your body, your job, the ultimate in women's work and I totally support you in your decision." I'm sure after we have the baby he'll be just as pro-homebirth as he is pro-breastfeeding!

The dr was very relaxed and supportive when I explained that I'm not sure how I will labor if I will want everyone around me or be on my own in the dark. He said they can be cheerleaders, watch expectantly or just come in and observe for 2-3 minutes every 45-60 minutes. Yay! Just what I wanted to hear. Just being w/people who totally trust in the birth process and in women's ability to birth is so refreshing and empowering. I can't wait!

(FYI, to save my fingers, this is the same text as my post in Homebirth)
#43 of 49 Old 03-03-2005, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers everyone! It was awesome. I'm loving the new OB, and so is T. A rundown of the appt. follows...

1. Got to go to a perinatologist next week for "a more indepth" ultrasound. THis is due to the number of autism spectrum kids in my immediate family. This will not alter our plans in any way, except we may go ahead and try to schedule an intake appointment at the rehab center if there are signs of a potential problem. It takes forever to get in there....

2. Also did go ahead with the blood test {afp? I've got a sinus migraine and am doing really well to spell correctly on the second or third try right now} that is the alternative to the amnio. When I said a rather vehement {sp?} NO to the amnio, the doctor didn't even blink. Like I said, she's totally cool.

3. Will be having the glucose test, probably twice since it was neg with Jordan and she turned out nine pounds and change...

4. Will be getting screened for group B also, since I had it with Kait.

5. Doctor is very VBAC friendly :dance

6. The reason we've had so much trouble with finding the heartbeat is because the placenta is in front of the baby. We were able to do a surface ultrasound though, and the picture wasn't the best in the world {portable sonosite like they use in the ER} but the heartbeat was clear and strong, and baby was hyper... Still no gender determination, but perhaps at the in-depth? I've never had one so I don't know what to expect...

Doctor said depending on my records, and if the placenta stays put, she has no problem with me going natural VBAC YAY!

Forgive me for not saying much, please. I'm trying my hardest to stay away from the sudafed, even though the doctor said one dose a day won't do any harm... but the longer I'm upright and staring at a bright screen {anybody know how to turn down the brightness on an HP Pavilion v70s monitor} is not helping...

Hopefully I'll be able to be more talkative later tonight or tomorrow...
#44 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 11:13 AM

Kaits mom...

WOO HOO on the doc's appt. SOunds like it was fabulous... Way made up for the lack of fabulousness at the other one!

Wee doggies.... what a relief.... Nice to have a supportive doc, eh? I love my doc.. makes all the difference. The doc for the other three was a different one, and this woman is very relaxed, but takes every little thing seriously...

Congrats on the new doc... let's have some smooth sailing from here on out...k?

Crunchy -- How you feeling today, dearie? You've been on my mind....
#45 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguschick1
We met w/one of the doctors from Homefirst last night and we're having a homebirth!!!!!

Dh isn't "totally excited about it, but it's your body, your job, the ultimate in women's work and I totally support you in your decision." I'm sure after we have the baby he'll be just as pro-homebirth as he is pro-breastfeeding!
I wish I coudl hae a homebirth...but after three sections... it's a very big no go... I have a friend who is a homebirth mid-wife and I loe hearing her stories... they are SO amazing.... My dh was that way about breastfeeding, homeschooling, vacinnation, etc... but trusts me to do the major research, etc. and he always has fallen in line when he says... I know best!

Glad you like the doc for your homebirth... now to sit and wait... I'm so anxious...
#46 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 AM

Well... I think's official movement... Yesterday am I felt quite a lot consistent movement, and then in the evening the same movement... Quite sure it's not the same gas bubbles moving around... So, finally I have the only part of pregnancy that I enjoy... sharing quiet time... I got up this am and had leftover lasgna (sp?) to see if I could get this little thing going.... Just so I could sit and marvel how I don't have to share it with anyone yet...

Have a great day all.... I'm going to read Little Women to my girls in a bit!
#47 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Thanks for asking Kathie. Doing pretty good considering. Had a rough few days. Yesterday was then my wedding anniversary and hubby is deployed to Afghanistan with about 5 mos more to go. As my hubby says though, I'm hopelessly optimistic so I'll be fine!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#48 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 03:45 PM

Happy Anniversary Just so you know, your ability to do this while your husband is away is a great inspiration for me, as here we never know when the phone will ring with the ever so lovely report order. Brigade & command in general keep saying it won't til at least three months after the other half of their unit is back from chemical weapons duty, but it's the Army. I'm a born and bred Army Brat, would have been ninth generation service myself, but... anyways, I know better than to believe the three month rule. Especially with things heating up again all over.. We concieved this baby ahead of our preferred time due to getting the call in Nov. for Pre-SRP. Thankfully it was a no-go, but as we all know, that could and will eventually change. I pray every day that he's at least here for the birth and gets a few days to enjoy the baby first. Even as supportive and proud as I am of him, I don't honestly know how I'd handle being pg with him in a hot war zone... My dad was on active duty in Kosovo when DD #2 was concieved and right up til two weeks before she was born, and that was stressful enough...

Can anyone tell me about a level 2 ultrasound? That's what everyone keeps telling me I'll be getting on Thursday when I tell them the doctor's office called it a "more in depth ultrasound"

Gotta run to work. Be back early tomorrow a.m.
#49 of 49 Old 03-04-2005, 05:40 PM

Hello everyone, I'm "late" jumping in for this weekly thread. 17w2d. Feeling good and finaly "really" showing. Feeling the baby once in a while...little flutters, especially if I'm sitting, leaning over - typing away!!! Like now!!!

Holly, I'm so sorry about little Baby A. So glad Baby B is doing well.

Just hungry alot...a good week.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page