Week of March 14-20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello fellow-gestators!!!! (Sorry, I'm in a silly mood today)

So last week I was the biggest, meanest, grouchiest pregnant woman ever. This week I'm happy and giggly. Can you say manic?

Dh came out from the bedroom on Saturday wearing my favorite zip-up hooded sweater from ds's pregnancy. I've been going crazy looking for it, did I ever really own it(?) did so-n-so ever return it....just going nuts. Well, dh comes out w/it on, zipped up to his chin, holds his arms akimbo and says, "this just looks dumb, doesn't it?" He looked so goofy and the night before we had seen a very obvious male transvestite dressed as a very pregnant woman in the grocery store, and dh reminded me of that person and so I just about lost it. I couldn't catch my breath, I thought I was going to potty right there in the kitchen. Ds was quite concerned (a mama laughing like a hyena on laughing gas will do that to ya) and I could barely mutter a "Mama's ok honey, just laughing." Dh was of course miffed and didn't find it very humorous, but oh it was. I'm chuckling here remembering it. :LOL

And since then I've been in a good mood!

I'm 16 weeks, 2 days and can't wait to hear from you all!!! The weekly thread is a great way to keep in touch w/everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2005, 06:31 PM

Great story! I'm sure I would have peed from laughing so hard!

I'm 18+ weeks and go for my level II u/s on Thursday. I've been looking forward to that for weeks now! Will finally be telling DD and hoping to learn the gender.

My hips are positively killing me. I've tried to sleep with pillows, without pillows, yoga stretches etc. And with my ligaments stretching my inner thighs hurt too. But, other than that I'm doing well. I haven't been super moody nor super giddy. I think I'm just waiting until that u/s to make sure things are still going well (2 m/c will do that to you ).

I hope everyone else is feeling well!

Michelle
Old 03-14-2005, 06:36 PM

hi everyone.
My ultrasound is in the morning. I'm really kind of nervous about it. I felt the baby moving around at least once a day, and then I got a really bad cold and I haven't felt any movement for about a week. I'm comforting myself because I was REALLY out-of-it all week and maybe the babe was moving during the many hours I was asleep? Any thoughts here ladies? Plus since I'm seeing the doc tomarrow anyway...I don't know I guess I'm just worried and rambling... But hopefully the ultrasound will show a fine healthy baby and then I'll feel silly. Maybe I'll even get to see if its a boy or girl. But just for the record I think that it is a boy. We'll see...
Sorry about the blabbering...
I hope that everyone is doing wonderfully and has no worries.

Liv
Old 03-14-2005, 07:27 PM

LiveVLW-Sorry about the cold. I just got over one a coupe of weeks ago and DD is on on the tail end of hers. I didn't feel the baby much during that time either. Usually at night if I happened to be awake for a little while.

I am 19 weeks 3 days today. We meet with our Midwife tomorrow for the first time this pregnancy. We met her before when I was PG with the baby that I m/c. I have procratinated in calling her though since I have been seeing my OB also. We also have another u/s appt. on Thursday. I am hoping to confirm that the baby is a BOY!

We are moving in 2 weeks and I had a nice melt down yesterday over rugs for my entry. Hormones run amuck.

Otherwise I feel fine. I have entered the "never feel full" part of the pregnancy now. I am also craving chocolate milk something fierce. I hardly ever drink milk when not PG so it is weird to me.

Anyone else having problems with dry skin? I have never been this bad. I am using lotion/cocoa butter like crazy. And I have increased my water consumption even more. Any tips for an itchy scalp? I don't know what to put on it that won't make my hair all nasty. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:04 PM

Hi everyone! Not much new here, just miserable with another cold. We all just got over one about 1-2 weeks ago and my son picked one up at church and it is making its rounds again. Poor little guy turned into a walking spraying booger machine and no one has been getting much sleep with all the hacking. It's weird because he ususally only gets sick for a day or two and is off running, this time he has been a wining, crying nightmare...I feel bad for him.

I'm jealous at the people getting ultrasounds...I can't wait to see the baby...it's driving me nuts! I have to wait until next month because my doc is a big goober (not really, I'm just impatient). We should start an ultrasound thread where we all post pics of the floating babes in one spot.

Sorry, don't have any itchy scalp remedies except for fingernails. :LOL I usually use some conditioner and let it sit on my scalp a while before rinsing, but then the hair gets really limp. A little olive oil under a shower cap is supposed to be good for your hair overnight and then wash in the morning, but I've never tried it. Oh, and I use olive oil soap from the health food store, it helps keep my skin from drying out as much.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 PM

HI everyone, I have been away for a bit, but I am still here.

I am finally starting to feel better, I am now 17weeks. I am on antibiotics for a really bad sinus and lung infection. I am still pretty short of breath which doesn't feel good at all. I have been tempted to go grab some O2 from work and suck on that!

I have finally felt the baby move! How exciting! I am also back at work and back on calll, I am having withdrawal from not going to any births for the past 2 months.

I am soooooooo tired of winter I can't stand it anymore. To make matters worse my husband is going on a trip with his company to the Carribean. On a cruise for 7 days. I couldn't go because 1. No one to watch kids and 2. afraid I would feel like crap the whole time and be stuck on the boat!. So I am trying really hard to be mature and not be bitter about it, hard because he takes several really nice trips a year and I usually can't go.

So anyway, can't wait to hear how others are doing. TTYL,
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Hello mamas!
Like many others I have also been very sick with a sinus infection. I finally gave in after 2 weeks and started antibiotics and I am feeling much better. So many people I know are sick right now. Makes me not want to leave the house. I cannot wait for Spring to come and flu/cold season to be over.
For dry skin- ugh- I suffer from that too in the winter. Good lotions and/or olive oil can work. i try not to wash my hair too often and that helps with the scalp. You can also make a concoction of jojoba oil with some tea tree and rosemary essential oil drops thrown in. It works well and smells great. Good luck.
As far as the pregnancy goes- I am 17+ weeks and feeling great. I am in the grace period after nausea and before body aches. i am relishing in it and hope it lasts a real long time. I am looking very pregnant now- i will try to get a picture together to send out to you all.
I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and everything looked great. I chose not to find out the sex, but my hubbie says he saw a penis. This isn't saying much, with our last baby he saw both!
I also found our doula- yahoo. We have talked on the phone a couple of times and we meet her in two weeks. can't wait. She comes highly recommended and she has been to numerous successful VBACs. Double yahoo!
Well, that is about here in frigid New England.
- Kerri
Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 AM

18 weeks and 3 days, and I feel great pregnancy wise. Not so good health wise, I've caught whatever is going around and my nose is both stuffed and draining down the back of my throat at the same time... yuck...

Quit my job yesterday and you know something? It doesn't bother me in the least I'm a little nervous, but once T's tax money comes in, we'll have enough to rent a house in our desired area and cover a month's worth of expenses should the need arise... so I'm not going to sweat the small stuff, y/k?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM

Hello fellow pregos! I'm 17 weeks today.

So it appears that I am not the only sicko... man, I do hope this passes for us all - and quickly! I'm especially grumpy about being sick right now because DH left for a 4 day business trip and it's hard enough being prego while taking care of a one year old and 3 year old....let alone doing so 24/7 alone with a nasty cold. (sorry...poor-pitiful-me moment... )

ANYWAY.... I had an appointment last week and heard the heartbeat for the first time!! (They had found it sooner but my one year old was crying so I couldn't hear it...lol...) I also scheduled my ultrasound for the 30th of this month....we SO hope to find out the sex...though we feel pretty sure it's a girl. (I have two daughters, two sisters, two neices, two sister-in-laws....the odds are pretty good that it's another girl... :LOL)
Anyway, that appointment last week was the first time I felt TRULY excited about this new babe.....up until then I've been uneasy...worrying about how I'll manage a newborn, one year old, and 3 year old...feeling guilty for not giving DD#2 more time as "the baby" etc, etc... but hearing that heartbeat and scheduling the ultrasound brought a new reality to the miracle pregnancy is...and how blessed I am to have this ability to create life. So...I feel excited now.... which is a wonderful thing.

So that's my ramblings for the week...

I truly hope we all start to feel better soon....

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
Old 03-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Just thought I would pop in for a sec and say hi! I am 15 wks pg today. I go for my mw appt on friday. Hopefully she will let me schedule my u/s for April, but my guess is that she will opt for May. :s It will still be nice to hear the heartbeat and make sure that my uterus is where it is supposed to be for the 15 1/2 wk mark. No multiples for me thank you very much! LOL

Thankfully everyone in our house is feeling better now. Just some sniffles and a bit of a cough here and there.

We are going to the store in a little while to get dd undies! I am so pleased! I guess I will jet for now. Hope you all have a good week and for those of you not feeling well that you feel better soon.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:29 PM

Well maybe I should stay away, everyone on here is sick! YUCK! My DD was sick a couple weeks ago, but Dh and I very lucky to avoid getting it. I am soo glad.

I am not just feeling bubbles now but actual baby kicks! Hard enough that DH was able to put his hand there and feel it! WOW! I am only 17 weeks, 3 days. I am also pretty skinny so I think that helps. Not much cushion in between me and baby. We have our US on April Fools day, not sure if that is a good thing! LOL!

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

Old 03-15-2005, 02:34 PM

Goldie- mind if I c & p your mini autism awareness ribbon? I have a larger one on a special needs moms board that I rarely post on, but I can't resize it without making it rather much impossible to see...
Old 03-15-2005, 03:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, apparently 20 weeks is magic time for me and my shmoo -- I popped out big time last week and finally feel really discernable fetal movement. Yay!

My ultrasound is Friday, and we can't wait. We're bringing my DD with us and she is really excited to see the baby on "TV." Then afterward, we're going to see the other midwife in our practice, whom I've not yet met. I'm looking forward to it; I have a friend who is using the same practice and HAS met this midwife, and she really likes her, so I'm feeling good about it.

I have a busy couple of weeks coming -- I'm throwing a surprise birthday luncheon for my mom this weekend (she's turning 60), and then next weekend we're going to Las Vegas to stay with my parents at their vacation home (and also leave DD with them one night so we can stay on the strip, just DH and I). So, I have a lot of planning and organizing to do -- but all for fun stuff!

I hope everyone with viruses gets well soon. I know how awful it is to be sick and pregnant at the same time. I hope you can get some rest and quiet so you can recuperate. Also, hopefully the weather will warm up some so that the fresh air can clear out the blahs as well! Feel better everyone!

-Debi
Old 03-15-2005, 03:46 PM

I just completed week 17 today.

I feel for you ladies with the cold and sinus problems. Most of Feb was gone to a virus and other assorted ailments. I was getting back to living again and then got food poisoning. Got over that and got some random digestive problem. Now, I'm over *that* and feeling almost like a normal person, except I can't sleep well.

This is hilarious if you think about it. It seems like a life out of a comedy show or something.

DH said to me: "You're going to have a list of things to make the child feel guilty" And I said "oh, yeah!" hee hee
Old 03-15-2005, 04:20 PM

Just had my first nesting type cleaning spree...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:09 PM

Hi mamas! 19w2d here and doing well. like alot of you I am getting over a cold. still have a lingering cough but otherwise feel much better! The heartburn and insomnia on the other hand are starting to kick in! blah!

I had an exciting thing happen today...I felt the baby roll over! I had been laying on my back feeling little pokes/kicks and could feel something sort of hard all along my belly (guessing it was his/her back) when the baby flipped over and my belly became soft again!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
Just had my first nesting type cleaning spree...
OFF WITH HER HEAD! :-)

The nerve of that woman!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 AM

Just want you all to know I'm here and I'm reading your posts and sending you all good vibes, but I'm lurking a bit cuz it's been a really rough week or so.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Old 03-16-2005, 02:17 AM

MOVEMENT! At last, at last! Today (19w3d) I was sitting on the couch, eating, ahem, an enormous serving of chocolate pudding, when I felt this incredibly strong, distinct THUD. No little flutterings, no guppy-esque feelings, just an hour's worth of soccer-like kicks. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE! I'm way overexcited, I can tell you. Only wish my dh were here to be giddy with (I'm at my sister's, he's at his mom's).

Things going well--I'm getting a major baby fix with my 2 1/2 week old niece, who is (of course) utterly perfect in every way. Unfortunately, already dreading going back to work next week, and have a deadline this Friday to do via remote. I'm having fantasies about a month-long vacation with a huge stack of novels.

Ultrasound a week from tomorrow!

Great to read everyone's posts this week. Kate, hope your week improves. To the sick among us: be gone, sinus and cold issues!

nancy
Old 03-16-2005, 11:28 AM

I am getting ready to go away with some women friends for the first time i 3 years. Have mixed feelings about going. We're going to an ocean front house on Kiawah Island, SC (resort area)... one of the mom's parents owns it...) Free weekend -- just provide a meal once. But I feel like just staying in my own bed and sleeping the whole time. I'm really really bad about leaving my girlie girls. I would suggest for those of you who don't have any kids yet..

Make sure you have a date night ... every week.... make sure you DO go away.... alone... with friends... and with DH....

Date night was something we didn't take seriously until it was just about too late... However, that was many years and many moons ago (but some DH, thankfully...)

I took a picture of my belly and will post on the belly board.. soon as I figure out how.

I am feelkgn more energetic... (not worthy of cleaning.. thank goodness! :-) But wish I was closer to the end... only 16 weeks,3 day.

Nancy - SO EXCITED to hear that you felt the babe... It's very., very fun when they start to become SO active... :-) I haven't felt mine in about a week or so...but not worried yet because it was so early when I felt it the first time. With my first child (100 years ago) I didn't feel it until I was 21 weeks along... and I was ridig in the car listening to the Doors - "Hello I Love You"...

HOpe y'all have a great day!
Kathie
Old 03-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Nancy - he...he...he, a little chocolate lover, that's my kind of baby! How exciting, glad you felt your little bundle. I was enjoying my little kicker this morning. Baby decided to do some aerobics and I just held my hands there and savored every last bump and roll!

Cute story - my 2-3/4 year old pulled the covers off my belly yesterday morning and said "good morning baby" and gave baby a hug and kiss. Then he said "bye, bye, baby" and put the covers back.....sniff, sniff, I almost cried it was soo sweet and cute! The little "No Baby" man has turned into a mushy softy bear!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Old 03-16-2005, 01:36 PM

Hi all,
I've been away for a couple of weeks but am still here....18 weeks and counting!

We had our u/s yesterday and it was really cool - you can see from the sig that it's a girl! We're very excited and are starting the name quest once again.

I'd love to write more but the fridge is calling...is 10:30 am too early for ice cream?

Nancy

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
Goldie- mind if I c & p your mini autism awareness ribbon? I have a larger one on a special needs moms board that I rarely post on, but I can't resize it without making it rather much impossible to see...
Feel free to use it. I think it is the coolest ribbon around, followed somewhat distantly by the breast cancer survivor ribbon my Mom has stuck on the side of her car.

Nancy926, it is never to early for ice cream when you are pg. Glad you were able to find out that you are having a little girl! Congrats!

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hello!

Just popping in (I rarely do) because I am so thrilled that dh and I have officially found THE name if its a boy... Forrest. I am so in love with it and dh, too.

Now we just need a girl's name. But, at my U/S last week, the lady kept saying 'his' this and 'his' that. Maybe she has boys at home so that's what she naturally refers to them as, but I'm beginning to think it's another boy.

Well, not much else to report. Hope all those who are feeling under the weather get better soon!

Take good care,
lilgreen
Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 PM

congrats to those who have found out gender! woohoo!

we haven't even heard the h/b yet let alone think about u/s! (though I doubt we will do one)

btw if anyone would like to add the gender on the due date list please post on the due date thread and I will update it!

I like the name Forrest lilgreen, I have an uncle by that name.

nancy926- definitly not to early for ice cream :LOL has anyone tried the oatmeal cookie by B&J? mmm I'm in heaven..

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:45 PM

Hello!!

19 weeks today...definitely "popped out". It's more fun to show like this...now there's no doubt that I'm pregnant!!

Appetite picked up...the icecream talk got me hungry!!!

Lots of fluttering...but now I'm wondering if I'm feeling some "rolling" around after reading some of your posts.

We have our u/s at 21 weeks and can't wait to find out the gender now...especially after hearing all of you finding out!! We think it's a boy...so we'll see!

Off to Arizona on Saturday. Time to warm up after this long New England cold winter!! Trying on maternity bathing suits were alot of fun!!

Feeling good all in all..surprised when I have days when I feel sooo tired! Sometimes I get achey too in the ligament area. Scares me, but I'm kinda getting more used to it now.

Happy eating and gestating!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:10 PM

Hello ladies!

It's been awhile since I've been over here, just thought I'd say congrats to those of you who've found out the gender and have felt their first kick this week!!!

I found out yesterday we're having a boy! We're thinking of naming him Keir.

Also found out I've got placenta previa, but that will probably : resolve itself. I also have an ovarian cyst the size of a small plum. Anyone ever had that while pg? I've never had one, so I don't know whether I should be worried or not...

to you all!
ali
Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 PM

about 17 weeks 3 days here. Anxious to feel movement. Gaining more weight than I like, but not really showing yet either. Not getting enough sleep cuz of toddler. Low energy and grumpy this week. Sore nipples from breastfeeding. Seeing chiropractor for second time on Friday. Can't wait!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:24 AM

well hello everyone! this is the first time i have posted in the weekly thread. I am exactly 19 weeks today or so they tell me any way lol. I have been feeling good movement from this little one for a couple of weeks now. We are all finally over our sickness here so all u sick mom to be i feel your pain. MIL is in the hospital with some low blood presure issues and fluid on her lungs. Since hubby and I are the main ones that see about her it has been very stressful.

I have my ultrasound and midwife appointment tommorow. I hope the little stinker cooperates and let's us find out if we are boy or girl. Right now I think the wee one is a boy as does hubby. The hunger bug has hit and i can't seem to get full. I am totally in love with mexican food right now. lol
Hubby has to travel for work next week and the kids are off for spring break. Wish me luck that i don't loose my sanity
Old 03-17-2005, 01:25 PM

Hi Ali - I have a cyst too - the u/s tech said it was very common and should resolve as the pregnancy continues.

I don't have placenta previa but my placenta is low. The m/w said she wanted to do another u/s at 32 weeks to see if it's moved higher (as it should). I asked if there was any danger if it didn't move higher, and she said no. So I can't figure out why we need another u/s. I don't plan on getting another one....I had one because I wanted to make sure everything was okay (I am "AMA", lol - advanced maternal age) and finding out the gender was a nice bonus. I am pretty much a minimalist when it comes to "interventions" during pregnancy. In fact I'm still pondering a homebirth. I just can't picture going to the birth center to have the little one.

Anyone else planning a homebirth?

I also JUST got off the phone w/the midwife...my quad screen results were fine for my age, but the Down's risk is higher than the generic cutoff. (generic cutoff is 1 in 270; mine was 1 in 250; my age-related risk is 1 in 190.) I was a bit freaked, but considering our u/s results didn't show a thing, I think I'll be fine once I think it through.

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.

User Tag List