Weekly Thread Aug 21-26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2005, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi prego mammas!

20 weeks today! : Halfway already....
Not much to report this week, just trying to avoid the third cold my toddler picked up in the past month. Most of my day is spend wiping boogers and night soothing a restless toddler...so prego excitement is on hold until I get some more sleep! Baby's movement is getting very uncomfortable and he/she just loves to do some stunts to test the available space capacity.

Can't wait until the ultrasound...going crazy with curiosity. I wanna know now, I wanna know now, I wanna know now!!!! Sorry, just being impatient.

Howz it all going?

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 10:33 PM

I have been drinking diet coke and waiting for the baby to flip around... At 17 weeks it's not as easy to feel, but some mornings I can really feel it....

three weeks until my next level 2 u/s.... oh to move it ahead...

Like with three girls I'm having anything other than a girl... still... I want to know either way...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:31 AM

Isn't it almost sad that we're halfway or over halfway done with this pregnancy already? I'm loving being pregnant so much, and it seems like we all just met. I'm still sick and still tired, and that's OK because this is the most awesome thing that has happened to me ever!!

Am I getting hormonally emotional?? hmmm....

I love feeling this baby grow. I love seeing my bellybutton start to disappear. I love how "he" responds to my voice, to the things I watch or experience, to the touch of his daddy. I love how he rises up superficially almost immediately to bask in the good energy and "swims" down deep to avoid stress. And I love knowing that God loves this baby even more than I do.

Yep, I'm emotional. It's official.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
Old 03-22-2005, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kseabose
Like with three girls I'm having anything other than a girl... still... I want to know either way...
:LOL My Aunt had 4 girls so I grew up with that wonderful, nutty, chaotic number. Really, I think they all had a blast! But I understand

I can feel Keir right now - he really jumps around when I have the laptop on a pillow in my lap. I don't do it often because I wonder if it bugs him?

SoOOoooo excited to be having a boy! but freaking out just a teensy bit about my placenta previa diagnosis... having had a c-section I worry lots about placenta accreta (placenta growing into the scar). Oh, the woes of a C-section delivery.

Actually, even with this, I'm way less stressed this pg. I won't have to work this summer (I teach a few classes a week at the local university) so I get to spend 3 months with just Abigail, my sweet little love. Aren't our babies just the most perfect things on earth??? Oh, how I adore her!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 AM

Alison,
I loved reading about how much you love your little Abigail.... When my oldest was the only it was lovely the special time we had... I had this HIDEOUS comforter on our bed and it had pink roses on a yellow background. Every night I gave her a bath (it's a wonder she has any body oils left at all for puberty!) and we'd roll around in the "rose garden". But she would giggle and giggle and I truly loved every moment of it. I've had many special moments with all three of my girlie girls and as a freelance writer have found hundreds of topics for ongoing/past essays from just being their parent. I remember before my mom died four years ago (she also had girls -- three of us!) and we spoke of the birth order. She had specific feelings for the specialness of each of us... I'll never forget that. But I was her oldest and that held that special part in her heart....

I love hearing parents ... moms, really ... talk about the special time with the oldest.... It brings me back (okay -- way back, as my oldest just turned 13..!)

Thanks for sharing just the brief thought....

(PS how do you pronouce Keir? Looks really cool...)
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 AM

C-sections.... ugh... I am heading for my fourth....

hwen I was pregnant with my first I gained 67 lbs. I was quite large... and we went for a second level u/s because there was some concern for the size of the baby. It was 5 weeks before her delivery date and I was not at all concerned. I remember cleaning the house and dressing in what I thought was remotely attractive and went to the video store. I dont' recall what movie it was but I do remember that it was a really good one we had been wanting. My house was clean, I had a great movie for us for that night and I was going to see the baby again (I love U/s) We went and the fluid level was really, really low -- so they sent us to have the baby. First I decided I would dispute the need for this basing it on my movie selection. That was a no go....

So there I am -- after WALKING to the OR with the catheter in (note to self: EPIDURAL BEFORE CATHETER!) and I lay on the table... I'm naked except for my socks -- pretty sight -- over 200 lbs naked with socks... scared out of my mind... and my husband says... REALLY loud... gosh, Kath, didn't you have socks that don't have holes int he heels? I wanted to roll off the table and on to him to squish him.... Now I found it hysterical! But then -- I was mortified. He also announced while they were vaccumming my uterus out (it was on my stomach)... "Gee, now I guess I can say I really know my wife inside and out.." Funny guy, eh? Good thing he's cute and we make cute babies, eh!?

Yet another prattling by Kathie....
Old 03-22-2005, 11:32 AM

hey everyone.
the baby is finally moving around a bunch, which is wonderful.
I am feeling pretty good now, just with a headache here and there.
I am HUNGRY all of a sudden. In fact, I need to go downstairs and eat again after this post.
Alison, I was one of those lucky people who had an easy, non traumatic C section with my first. If you feel like talking more about it, you can send me a message. It went really well and my recovery wasn't difficult at all. Needless to say, it isn't your first choice, but I want to let you know it doesn't have to be a negative birthing experience.
DH, DS and I are going to Santa Cruz next week for a week. I cannot wait. March is the hardest month in the Northeast. ugggh.
That is about it.
- Kerri
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM

Hello!
Busy week here at our house. We are getting ready to move into a new house this weekend. So far I am not stressed, but that is because I have not done much. We are only move about 1/2 a mile from where we live now so there is no need to pack things up really tight.

Baby boy is kicking up a storm and rolling around. He is quite the active one just like his Sister. I am hoping he is not prone to hiccups like DD. Those drove me nuts!

Yesterday DD told me she wanted to be a Big Sister when she grows up. We read the Little Critter New Baby book and she loved it. She said she wanted to show her baby Brother to her friends.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM

we just found out it is a boy!!!! totally shocked since i was expecting (and kind of wanted) #2 to be another girl. slowly adjusting to it though

I can't believe i am 19 wks already - 20 this easter weekend! yikes - it is going fast this time.

my one complaint - slight varicose veins in my vaginal area! not really annoying, except after alot of activity, i have groin pressure. I'm surprised since i'm not that big yet, but oh well.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:11 PM

congrats carrie!

I didn't mean for it to seem like I had a negative experience with my C-section -actually it was wonderful! I had a great doc who really wanted to help me nurse *on the operating table*! while she was sewing me up - unfortunately she's moved away and a new doc will be performing this one. I actually meant that the repercussions, which I'm experiencing right now, are problematic. But I'm feeling positive about this pg anyway...

I gained 70 lbs with Abigail (I started underweight at 105 though) and I'm hoping not to gain that much this time since I started at 125 this time around! It's not looking good though, since I'm already up to about 150! ack! Oh well.

Kathie, it's reassuring knowing you've had 3 c-sections. It's nice to hear that people can have multiple Cs and be just fine. I'll keep that in my thoughts next time I get worried!

off to chase Abigail!

OH! Keir is pronounced "keer" - it's a very old irish name.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:38 PM

ugh, weight gain!! Alison, i started out like you, at 108 with dd, and topped out at 152 - 44 lb gain!

I hope i don't top it this time, but i just might. I started at 118, and am at 132 now i think??

very cool name, btw our thought at the moment is Adrian Justin - Adrian is dh's middle name, justin my bro that passed. We love Ian though, so that might be the nickname
Old 03-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm having quite a topsy-turvy feeling week. I had our ultrasound on Friday, and the tech said everything was fine, but when I met with the midwife later (the other midwife in the practice, who I'd never met), she said that there were two issues. One was an amniotic fold at the top of the sac, nothing to worry about, no potential problems, but they still want to look at it again in a month. The second was that the baby dates 19w3d, instead of 20w+ the way my LMP dates it. So, they're worried about dates too.

I don't get any of that. I don't get why, if the amniotic fold isn't going to hurt anything, we have to do a second ultrasound, and I also don't get why anyone is paying attention to a one week date discrepancy on an ultrasound done at 20+ weeks. I'm waiting to hear back from the midwife I usually see, to find out if she concurs with this other midwife's opinion. Also, I need to find out if there is somewhere I can get the ultrasound done closer to work, since bringing my dd to ANOTHER appointment and taking ANOTHER morning off of work is going to be too hard.

The baby itself looked great -- squirmy, nice healthy looking heart, cute little feet. I'm feeling fine and looking forward to a trip to Vegas this weekend and early next week. I also adore my little dd -- she's fantastic, and so is her dad! I'm excited to spend some time with them where we don't have to work or clean or cook or do anything except have fun!

-Debi
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Debi, I had several u/s with abi and I've had 2 with Keir. I've seen dates shift over a week and my doc never cared - In fact, when my 9-week "date confirmation" showed a 6 day difference she didn't even change my due date.

I agree with you that it seems strange that they're so worried....
Old 03-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Went to the ob today. Gained total of 5 lbs since last visit -- but had lost 2 from taht one... so I'm up 3 lbs. Heard the heart beat and heard the baby kicking/moving... dont' feel it as drastically as I will soon... i'm only 17 weeks, 2 days. Three more weeks until the u/s... and I'm dying to know...

Hope all is well... Off to bed!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:56 AM

Just checking in. I had my mw appt on Friday and it only reaffirmed my desire to stay under mw care. Heard the heartbeat and scheduled my u/s for next month on the 15th. I think it is kind of funny that u/s day this time around is also tax day. :LOL

My ds finally got sick on Monday, so I have been taking care of a sick kiddo. He seems to think that 5:30 is a grand time to be up and about these past 2 mornings. I hate mornings. Even going to sleep around 11 last night I am totally exausted this morning. Oh well, he goes to school in 5 hrs, hopefully dd will let me nap this afternoon. Hope your week is going well.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 PM

Debi, I'm not sure why they are worried either. With our first DD, we had a u/s the day I went into labor, and the u/s said she was 37 weeks when I was really 39 weeks. The tech said I wouldn't give birth for at least 2 more weeks...the next night we had our baby. So the machinery does not always "know".

My midwives want another u/s at 32 weeks because my placenta is low...I do'nt have placenta previa, just a "low" placenta. I asked if that was a problem - no. I asked if it would resolve - yes. I asked if it didn't resolve, would it be a problem - no. So why do another u/s? I don't know. I don't want another one so I guess I'll fight about it with them when the time comes.....

Nancy

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:00 PM

Hello ladies.
Nohing new really here. Except that all of a sudden I'm feeling HUGE!!! Mabe it's because I can't stop eating... :LOL
But basically just spending my days trying to keep up with my 2 year old. Not an easy job since yesterday he discovered that popcorn kernals can fit inside his nose...

Anyway take care everyone.

Liv
Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 AM

I feel huge, too - because I AM. I showed so much earlier with this pregnancy than I did with my first. And I have been wearing maternity clothes already, too.

This very Friday we go in for our Level 2 u/s (my first son died of a heart defect so inspite of my misgivings about u/s, we want to see the heart). I am quite excited about it as the time fast approaches.

I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow! Holy cow.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 AM

Things have finally been settling down here somewhat. The baby is an active little guy. I have been having some really strong movement for about 3 or 4 weeks now. i am supposed to be 20 weeks today The kids are out of school this week for spring break so that has made things most interesting. Trying to get a little spring cleaning done but i just don't have the motivation for it.the kids are getting excited about the baby especially my son. He want to the store with daddy sat and said that they had to go to the baby aisle. He started picking out all theses thingssaying oh baby brother needs that,he will definitly like that lol he is such a trip. The youngest just tells everyone i gonna be a big sister. i was an only child so i really cherish getting to see the way the kidsreact and bond with each other. I can't wait till warmer weather were we can all go outside for a while.I go back on april 15 (tax day )lol for my next check up.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:49 PM

So we interviewed and chose a midwife finally! Nothing like being relaxed about getting things done...

But dh and I very much clicked with the midwifery team, we had a quick exam, and the most exciting thing probably was for dh to be able to hear the HB. I have a fetoscope and have heard the HB once but haven't been able to get it good when dh is able to be around. So I think that revved his engine a little!

Another exciting thing is that I am now the on-call chiropractor for this midwifery practice! I had been hoping to talk to them about it in the future, but after they asked me about my practice and my philosophy, they asked today if I would be willing to serve this way. Heck yeah! Anything to help other mommies and babies.

Anyways, they place me as being a few weeks more along than I had thought. Still keeps me in August, just earlier. That's according to fundal height. I could just be growin' 'em big!

So, it was cool to have somebody else, even though I knew everything was going swimmingly, to agree with me that I have a strong uterus, a healthy-appearing baby, etc. Go Body and Baby!

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life

User Tag List