What does carrying "low" mean? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-05-2005, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I'm 26w1d...and I feel this little baby really "low"- it seems like her head is in my pelvis and squishing my bladder. When I sit down...it almost hurts from the "pressure" and I'd love her to "move a little". I'm more comfy standing or plopping in my recliner chair. Maybe I'm just not used to feeling a moving and growing baby inside me.

How do you think you are carrying?
#2 of 8 Old 05-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Everyone tells me "low" too. It's been so long since I've been pg, though, I can't remember what to compare it to.....

Sitting is really hard and I do remember that with my first, I didn't have trouble sitting for periods of time until the very end. I had to watch a movie standing up once...

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#3 of 8 Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 PM

I thought I was carring low with my first pregnancy--not even! This time he is definately low because I have the pressure down there and baby is riding my bladder as well causing frequent bathroom trips. Bending over is difficult and I forsee waddling in my future.

Last time was so different, I could wear regular pants under my belly, had no problems with frequent urination, had little/no problems bending over or painting my toenails, and was much more comfortable. Both boys by the way.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#4 of 8 Old 05-05-2005, 11:49 PM

Yep, I"m carrying low too. I remember reading how 3rd trimester will become great because the lungs will regain room as the baby drops..I'm like if this one drops any lower it'll be to me knees! The joys of boys! LOL Kitty
#5 of 8 Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Well, I have two boys so far, and I definitely carried HIGH with them...The night my water broke, with my second, someone said to me..."you need to go home and have that baby, and then she looked at my huge, high and belly, and said..."never mind, you are way too high.

This one is like the other's, I guess.

Maury
#6 of 8 Old 05-06-2005, 06:40 PM

With DD I she was high and I was nice and evenly round. She was definitely more in my lungs.

With this baby he is so low and has been since the beginning. My MW said he is just hangin' out down there.

There is definitely a difference. I feel MUCH more uncomfortable this time. I can't bend over at all. I can't prop my feet up. I feel kicks in my pelvis and bladder all the time.

I now have to ride in the car for 3.5 hours. LOL!
#7 of 8 Old 05-07-2005, 09:41 PM

I dunno....I still don't even feel pregnant! (24.5w) but I'm tall so lots of room to hide baby. I carried low the last time though and KNOW that feeling!!!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#8 of 8 Old 05-08-2005, 04:29 PM

My first son was high. And I mean high. My stomach popped out right under my breasts. I was also huge. This time my son is low. So low all kicking is in between my hip bones and it feels like he is on my bladder. The only odd part about this is with my first pregnancy I could breath normally and lay on my back with no feelings of lightheadedness. Now with this super low pregnancy I can hardly breath, have been to the emergency room once because of it and am now on an inhailer, if I lie on my back I get very lightheaded and have a hard time breathing, and BH contractions put pressure on my lungs. Very weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page