How Much Weight Have You Gained? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
August 2005 > How Much Weight Have You Gained?
mags's Avatar mags 12:07 AM 06-07-2005
I'm a little overwt to begin with. Last pregnancy I gained a total of 13 lbs (had m/s and barfed the ENTIRE time). This time, I am about 28.5 wks along and have gained about 10 lbs. However, it feels like more than 10 lbs, my body isn't holding up very well, lots of aches and pains.

clavicula's Avatar clavicula 06:08 AM 06-07-2005
16 lbs at 30 weeks.
ktmama's Avatar ktmama 04:06 PM 06-07-2005
25 pounds at 28 weeks.
Anguschick1's Avatar Anguschick1 04:33 PM 06-07-2005
30 pounds at 29 weeks. It's really messing with my head. I kept thinking how great I looked (put away the bathroom scale once I broke two toes on it back in February) and then when the nurse told me the number at my last appointment, I've had a hard time looking at myself in the mirror.

At a pound/week for the rest of the pregnancy I'll be over 200 when wee-bitty is born. If I manage to forget the number then I still think I look pretty good, but w/3 months to go and tanktop season here, I'm having to really work on my mental image now. I had a talk w/dh about how I'm feeling and asked for more compliments and out of the blue kisses/hugs (talk about having a conversation when you're already vulnerable and just hoping it goes well!) and that has really helped.

I was hoping w/eating healthier and getting more physical exercise I wouldn't gain as much as I did w/ds (about 40 pounds) but that looks not to be the case. I don't understand why my face, arms and thighs need to get bigger for the baby, but it'll come off after wee-bitty is here, that at least I can look forward to.
loewymartin's Avatar loewymartin 05:35 PM 06-08-2005
I've gained 14 pounds at the 30 week mark. DH has been less then supportive during this pregnancy. With DD#1 I gained 12 pounds, but lost weight in my legs, so I looked thin. This time all 14 pounds are sitting in my legs/belly and I don't look thin - I look huge. He's concerned I won't lose the baby weight (I ended up being 5 pounds heavier starting this pregnancy then I was when I got pregnant with DD#1). I'm convinced that once I'm at the 6 week post-partum mark I'll be ready to start getting back in shape. But he doesn't seem to supportive of that :

So, I sit here - feeling huge, feeling down because I think he doesn't find me attractive now, so there's no way he'll find me attractive once the baby is here (and there's no longer something filling out the pudgy belly!)

Oh well - I guess I need to keep the focus now on eating healthily and once the baby is here get the focus on healthy foods and exercise.

Michelle
Amy in NH's Avatar Amy in NH 12:23 PM 06-09-2005
I have gained 40 lbs at 32 weeks. I was up to 199 at my checkup this week. I figure I'll stay at/below my regular 50 lb pregnancy weight gain if I only gain a lb/wk for the last 8 weeks. We'll see!
chiro_kristin's Avatar chiro_kristin 06:31 PM 06-09-2005
Oh Michelle! That's just like a man, isn't it? Don't they know how sensitive we are and that we LIKE to look good too? Please don't let his insensitivity keep you from gaining the weight that you and your baby think is most appropriate for your baby's health.

Heck, although he never says anything negatively now, DH does already discuss with me my postpartum training workout. It's taken a few punches in the arm for him to broach it in a sensitive manner, though. I love him dearly but In his defense, he does tell me regularly how beautiful I am carrying his child, so I can't complain too much.

Do him a favor. When you deliver the placenta, pick it up and smack him with it! :LOL
Annik's Avatar Annik 07:50 PM 06-09-2005
27 lbs at 32 weeks. I gained 40+ lbs with ds, however, I lost an incredible 70 pounds after his birth so the weight gain was probably a good thing. 1st time moms - breastfeeding on demand can do wonders! Trust that your body knows what it needs to do and don't sweat what your practioner or spouse says.

That said, I flipped out this past weekend when we stayed at my SIL's house. She has a HUGE mirror in her bathroom. I haven't seen myself naked in eons. But by day 3, I actually started to like seeing my pregnant self. I look a lot like a prehistoric fertility goddess these days - sagging breasts and all :LOL
Lisa P's Avatar Lisa P 05:06 PM 06-28-2005
18 pounds at 32 weeks... not a ton but I was 10lbs heavier at conception than I normally am (Law school finals stress had kicked in). Needless to say, its all belly, butt, and boobs. I went from a 36C to a 38G (which is IMPOSSIBLE to find in the stores so I've ended up with 40F bras, which are passable). I've noticed skin on the front of my thighs that I normally only see on the backs of them...go cheese go. : The Venus of Willendorf has nothing on me!
Lisa
Maggi315's Avatar Maggi315 06:42 PM 06-28-2005
Only about 11 pounds so far, but I have been sick most of this pregnancy. I'll probably gain alotin the next 2months, I usually gain at the end.
heldt123's Avatar heldt123 09:59 PM 06-28-2005
Michelle - I feel your pain. s You hubby is being a jerk and you shouldn't let it get you down. My hubby is sort of like that too, only he is more subtle about it--like mooing or making a face when I bend over (ok, so maybe that isn't so subtle.). I just figure that it is his problem if he can't find the beauty in a pregnant body. It's all ingrained from the media, all this stupid fake beauty ideals.
TanyaMT's Avatar TanyaMT 02:57 PM 06-29-2005
I've gained 16 pounds at 33 weeks (having lost 5 to start with so I'm actually 21 pounds over lowest weight during pregnancy). I was about 30-40 pounds overweight to begin with so I feel this is healthy for me this pregnancy.
henhao's Avatar henhao 04:24 PM 06-29-2005
Michelle -- Hee, hee. I second the idea to smack your DH with the placenta. :LOL

I've gained 31 lbs in 33 weeks.
K's Mom!'s Avatar K's Mom! 06:13 AM 06-30-2005
I've gained 18 lbs. in 33 weeks. I would like to have gained only 25 lbs. when I go into labor. I hadn't quite lost my pregnancy weight from 2003 and don't need to gain much. Last pregnancy I gained a whopping 52 lbs. YIKES!! : SO, I am thrilled to be up only 18 lbs. But, with last pregnancy I also lost 25 lbs. the first week post-partum. I am hoping for similar results this time. Thank heavens for BFing!

~~~~K's Mom!
1  2

Up