August Expecting Weekly Thread 5/29-6/4 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 06-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me definitely. Right at 28 weeks on Monday. My mw explained to me this week that the weeks between 28 - 32 are prime growth time for the babe, more than any other time in your pg. In addition to getting plenty of rest, I've been "ordered" to significantly up my calorie, fat and protein intake.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 06-02-2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info Kate. Guess that explains the extra food cravings too! I'm off to sleep. Fingers crossed ds will just cuddle up next to me and sleep too. I'm actually thankful that it is cloudy as I don't feel so much guilt being inside in June.
Naptime.....
#33 of 40 Old 06-02-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Definitely Kate! You need to be sure to get A LOT of protein during this period. It's really key or you'll just end up more tired as the pregnancy goes on. I believe it's also a period for much increased blood volume production for you and baby and that is why the increased cal, fat, prot is really needed too!

As far as summer things for us, we'll be at the pool a lot too. The boys do lessons and love to just hang out there. They are little fishes! Also, for the next three weeks I have three big craft shows (2 out of town) to attend and then nothing but my little farmer's market on Weds and Sat. I'm also trying to get my inventory way up so that once my hubby gets home in mid July I can just go to my shows and play during the week with him!!! Then a few weeks off after baby is born and my big fall shows start Sept 11. So, I think the summer will just FLY by!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#34 of 40 Old 06-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Did someone mention exhaustion? Yup, that's me too. Good to know about the growth spurt time--I just got back from the midwife, and gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks, and have been starving and pooped, and feeling like I've gained inches in girth. Now if only I could convince my body that it wants healthy protein and not Poppycock.
#35 of 40 Old 06-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabigus
Now if only I could convince my body that it wants healthy protein and not Poppycock.
Aw, no Poppycock? Dang it! That sounded good too...

s Kaitnbugsmom Hope you can get everything worked out!

Sorry you are all feeling pooped. Right now, I actually (surpisingly) have some energy. It was the same way last time, though, first seven months are sluglike and then wham, I feel better. Crossing my fingers hoping it lasts for at least another month. :

The weather up here has been so amazingly perfect lately!!!!!! Warm enough to wear shorts and a T, and yet not so hot that you sweat to death doing something. Woke up this morning to a cool breeze in the bedroom and a chorus of beautiful birds waifting in....heavenly. Now if the cutworms would only leave my plants alone! I spent my morning wraping the stems of all my plants and seedlings with tinfoil as they devoured 5 of my 9 tomato plants last night despite my nails. : Just what I needed--intelligent cutworms!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#36 of 40 Old 06-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Been packing in the meat and will be doing a big chicken bbq this weekend. Also got my iron pills. Thankfully she's okay with me using the OTC ones so I got the smaller packet of Slow Fe. Now if only I could come up with a non-meat type source of protien. I would think the protien shakes like T uses for his weight routine would be a bit too far on the experimental side, as they are not fully FDA approved, no preggo related research, etc...
#37 of 40 Old 06-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Hey everyone!
I am also on iron now. I do eat meat and beans , hummus, etc., but still I have problems keeping that hemoglobin up.
I am a bit moody lately. I go back and forth from thinking I look like a sexy beast to thinking I just look beastly!! I feel huge. I just bought a bathing suit and my belly is almost out of it. I still need to make it through the summer!!
I haven't had an appt. in a long time- maybe 5 weeks or so. I go next week and then will start twice a month appts. I feel good though. My energy has dipped and I have less patience with my ds and dh, but I am hanging in there.

I have heard a bunch of rave reviews lately about my family physician and how how much he respects labor and is very cool. I am psyched. I like him alot, so I am glad to hear that he keeps his cool during the big event. Just found out his three kids were born at home too. That explains alot about his philosophies. He is a very mellow guy, pro-Vbac, pro tandem nursing, etc. Three members of my La Leche League group had him at their births.
Feeling pretty positive about the VBAC and more at peace about it. I reached this new level of acceptance- acceptance of what I can do and a letting go of the things I cannot control. Such is life and such is parenting. My ds is reminding me on a daily basis of how to let go, be in the present, accept and be patient. His gifts to me are huge.

Until next check in.....
- Kerri
#38 of 40 Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
Now if only I could come up with a non-meat type source of protien. I would think the protien shakes like T uses for his weight routine would be a bit too far on the experimental side, as they are not fully FDA approved, no preggo related research, etc...
You can make your own protien shakes with whey protien--just whip up some sort of smoothie and add a scoop or two. I take a couple Tablespoons of wheat germ on a cup of plain yougurt when I don't have any meat around to nibble as both have quite a bit of protien in them.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#39 of 40 Old 06-04-2005, 12:10 AM

Hi, well I'm 28 weeks measuring 31 too!! Not too worry..not a perfect science, I always say!

Yes the weather is finally nice in Vermont but here it's a bit too hot..of course being pregnant doesn't help :LOL like a little oven!

My babe is sitting low and making me ache all over. My 2 yr old decided to climb on me unexpectedly this evening and like pushed down at the top of my uterus...thought I'd give birth right then and there!!

Just gotta hang in there! I'm on partial bedrest and my 4 yr old came in and asked me today, "are you done being sick yet?" hahahaaa.. I said "nooo honey, remember? the doctor said I need to lie down a lot". She said "well maybe Nathanael won't hurt you so much if you don't lay on him"

Out of the mouths of babes --take care, Kitty
#40 of 40 Old 07-03-2005, 04:38 AM

Well ladies I only posted her the one time I lost my way from here and now I have found my way back. I hope that all of you August mommies are still baking your babies and doing well. I on the other hand am sick with a horrible head cold and I am really trying my best to rid it from my body. I have been baking this girl and I am very very excited and anxious for her to be born...anyhow here is a picture of the bundle of joy's baby hut:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ancy/32w6d.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page