whatcha eating??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been having a hard time eating latley. nothing tastes very good and I'm just not especially hungry either (I think it's the heat) I've been living off cereal, salads and bean burritoes it seems..

what are you eating these days?????

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#2 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 02:01 PM

frozen foods (eg, smoothies, anything w/ frozen raspberries or blueberries, etc), salads that I try to heft up with lots of veggies and baked tofu--I've been trying to make a massive quantity of whatever it is so that I can graze on it over a couple days, since having to make something in the moment makes it more likely that I won't eat a good meal.

my new favorite recipe source is Eating Well magazine, which I'm officially addicted to now. They have a website with lots of yummy recipes as well.
#3 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 02:10 PM

about making mass quantities. It makes me more likely to eat, and at least DH and FIL get fed.

I'm drinking very cold mango protein smoothies.
Dried unsulfured apricots with a handful of raw almonds.
Very cold salads with ginger soy dressing.
Bing cherries, again very cold (I'm seeing a pattern here).

And I'm so much more likely to eat anything if I didn't have to make it.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#4 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 02:22 PM

yep, i'm officially into small meals and no cooking

hmm, i am loving watermelon, potato/pasta salad, decaf iced tea (yummy! with decaf green tea too), cereal, sometimes a frozen wheat waffle in the am, cottage doubles, pbj, apple with pb, oh and sandwiches (homemade) with tons of veggies. last night i made soft tacos, those were good too.

the bummer is that we try to eat as a family - dd is just 2 and great about eating everything but dinner foods - and if i'm not cooking it so we all eat together, she's not trying it. urgh.
#5 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM

Brrrr! Last week it was HOT HOT HOT, but now it is only 55-60 and I'm cold in my long sleeves. You guys are making me COLDER with all your chilled out foods! ;-)

~ Amy ~

Homeschooling Mom of

ds 16, ds14, ds9, dd6

#6 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 02:34 PM

Just went through an unhealthy eating phase...I won't bore you with what I ate, but it did include a brownie sundae. Despite that, I gained no weight in the past 2 weeks. Go figure.

tonight DH is making one of my fave dinners...pasta (multicolored rotini) with spicy peanut sauce and steamed veggies. YUM. I'm also going to make up a big batch of bean salad with balsamic vinegar-based dressing - good for lunches.

Breakfast is usually cereal (BORING), though sometimes I make a fried egg sandwich for the protein. I've been bad about protein lately. We went through a smoothie phase here, which helped on the protein front, but none of us are into them anymore.

For the most part I dislike preparing food. I am eternally grateful to DH, who is an awesome cook and loves making dinner every night (well, almost every night).

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#7 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 04:27 PM

Right this moment I'm eating my favorite snack for this pg... when I was pg with Abigail I couldn't stand this!

I loooovvvve granola with vanilla yogurt and berries, right now I'm eating it with blueberries.

I've been eating pretty well, unusual for me during pg. Lunch is usually hummus on this awesome organic bread I've been getting at the health food store - it has rosemary in it - with lettuce and tomato... sometimes I eat an abnormal amount of Pirate's Booty though and I've actually been cooking though I'm not particularly interested in doing it most nights. I only do it out of necessity... mostly we eat vegetarian, once or twice a week I cave in to my dh's wishes and do "meat and threes". I eat ice cream on Friday nights, my only sweet other than maybe a cookie to tide me over or a coke : (I'm a GA girl, what can I say?)

I haven't gained any weight for three weeks, a good thing since I craved fast food at the beginning of my pg and gained too much.

love,
ali
#8 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 05:52 PM

Tonight we are having seafood pasta. I make it with crab, smoked oysters and baby clams, with fresh parsley and garlic, cooked in Olive oil and served over pasta with LOTS of parmesean cheese.

I am also making a lasagna this weekend. I will probably freeze some of it into portions to have for those days I don't feel like cooking.

We have also been eating lots of fruit and salad.

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

#9 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 08:55 PM

Cheesecake - homemade from scratch, gram crust, double thick....yum!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#10 of 23 Old 06-17-2005, 09:17 PM

Oh I will eat just about anything these days!! Everything tastes soooo good!
#11 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 09:48 AM

Everything not nailed down.
#12 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 03:57 PM

small amounts, no cook, fruits and veggies mostly

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#13 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, I am eating because I have to. So, whatever I make for lunch or dinner for the family, I will have some. I don't really do breakfast. I will usually have a piece of peanut butter toast or something. My problem is that I get hungry, I eat (and not a lot at that!) and then I feel sick and naseus for an hour or two. I would rather just not eat, but I can't do that!

My big thing through this whole pg has been ice. I go through at least 6-8 trays a day. It was even worse when I was on vacation and it was readily available at the hotel. lol!
#14 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 06:45 PM

Same as last time -- chocolate sorbet with salted peanuts on top, almost every single night. :

Actually, though, I'm with most of you on the "cold and wet" front. I've been eating a lot of raw veggies dipped in hummus, fresh cut up fruit, cold cereal, salads with soy dressing, etc. In the last month of my first pregnancy, I drank chocolate soymilk as though it were water -- nearly a quart a day! WOAH!

I am trying to cook/prepare food in large quantities, too. I hope that we have a couple of cool days in the next month so that I can make my gigantic vegan lasagna and freeze most of it for after the baby arrives. For now, we're doing a lot of hummus, corn on the cob, fruit salad, refried beans & tortillas, and (oh well) bagels with soy cream cheese.
#15 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 PM

Isn't there something about an ice craving meaning you need more iron??
#16 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Went on a fruit buying spree today as it seems lots of stuff is in season now. Watermelon, canalope, cherries, mangos, grapes, peaches, apples, bananas, and pears. Guess that'll do me for a while if I can get to it before Nathan does! :LOL Fruit doesn't last long in our house.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#17 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 09:44 PM

I am not hungry either. I don't feel like eating anything, I have to force myself to eat. Really wish I had this problem when I am not pregnant, would make weight loss alot easier! Because I also have Gestational Diabetes, I have been having to force myself to eat regularly.

Breakfast: Usually whole wheat english muffin with diet jelly or peanut butter
Lunch: Mini bagel with cheese and some kind of meat. Or tuna melt. Try to eat a piece of fruit also.
Snack: cheese crackers/peanut butter crackers and some fruit
Dinner: Really bad here! Not hungry at all at dinner time. I was eating some cereal, but didn't work well with blood sugar. Tonight I had a slice of pizza, also will eat a hamburger, grilled cheese sandwich, maybe some soup. Not hungry AT ALL for veggies! Or salads!
Snack: Same as above, but also craving ice cream!!!So I indulge in a popsicle every evening.

Lots of iced tea (decaf and red rasberry mix), water, and some diet soda throughout day. I am getting over a UTI, so I am drinking at least 8 oz. every hour!
#18 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 10:00 PM

I have been hungry. I found out almost a month ago that I am pregnant : . Since then, I have craved spicy foods and have found a way to put tobasco on just about anything. Chocolate tofu pie has also been a hit for me (sans tobasco). I am so glad for all of the fresh fruit available right now, mmm.

Amanda, Mom to beautiful Magnolia, 9 year old big sister to be.
#19 of 23 Old 06-20-2005, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhao
Isn't there something about an ice craving meaning you need more iron??
I've heard that too, but I had the same thing with all my other pgs and all my bloodwork is fine. Go figure!
#20 of 23 Old 06-21-2005, 04:54 PM

Queen Mommy,

Hee hee, I don't know why I got so worried. I even pm'd you.

hh
#21 of 23 Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 PM

OK, I pigged out on chicken chimichangas tonight. It tasted so nice, and now I wanna yack because I'm so full. :

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#22 of 23 Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 PM

Currently chowing down on some watermelon slices - yummy! This is my 3rd melon in the last week. All fruit is sounding like the best thing right now I can't eat it fast enough! I am having to force myself to eat protein and a balanced diet. I have been trying to start my day with a bowl of cereal and a fruit smoothie with protein powder and some blackstrap molasses (for extra iron -last mw appt I was a little low). - I figure if I start the day with that - I can indulge in mostly fruit for the rest of the day and maybe have some fish or chicken and veggies for dinner.
I have already gained 30 lbs and hope that it slows down for this last 6 weeks...

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#23 of 23 Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM

yes, protein shakes, and any kind of smoothie! I'm addicted, man!

I love Spiru-tein Vanilla flavor shakes which you can add anything to to flavor if I want diversity.

Or plain yogurt in the blender with frozen strawberries.

Or Chocolate soy milk and a frozen ripe banana chopped into pieces before throwing in.

the frozen fruit makes it thick like a real milkshake without the ice cream and sugar...delectable!

before this, I was hooked on Smart Deli (by Lightlife--pareve, meatless soy protein isolate) "bologna" sandwiches with spicy brown mustard. Go figure!

Liora, Frum Jew In Beijing, Mom of Three (one "Almost Autistic" healed in 3 years with biomed and one amazing girl with Down syndrome using Targeted Nutritional Intervention (TNI)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page