Weekly Thread June 19-25 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-23-2005, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a watermelon fiend too! I have been eating probably one a week or so, whole fruit popsicles too....yummmm!

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 06-23-2005, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

So I had hoped to be a trooper and work right up until or shortly before the baby is born. I realized today that I just can't do that, not with a physical job like mine. I'm starting to get tired after just the first hour instead of the afternoon (from bending at the waist). I feel strain in my abdomen sometimes when I give an adjustment, even though I'm doing it very gently. I think its just the automatic tightening of my core musculature.

I'm going to start talking to my patients to make sure it is OK that DH or our other doc take them over until after the baby is born. I have two families that I think truly need me (one mama is pg and due next month), and luckily they both come in at the same time in the morning so I'll keep them. Instead I'm going to sit with my CAs (chiropractic assistants) and help out with insurance stuff, because I can do it quickly and it doesn't hurt as much to sit.

I'm trying not to feel like a failure as superwoman! I feel bad whining about not working so much anymore, especially for all you mamas who decided it is best to stay in bed most of the time, esp with other dcs. I know you'd really like to just get up and do something! So I'm sorry. I truly am impressed and motivated by your resolve to do what you think is best for your baby, so I'm trying to follow suit by listening to my body! I think most of my problem with it is knowing that it's just ONE MORE THING that somebody else has to do for me. I'm used to taking care of business! Now DH and everybody else have to do so much for me that I normally can do just fine or better.

Thanks for listening, friends.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#33 of 41 Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, Jonas Gardener is a great name!

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
#34 of 41 Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 PM

Kristin - hope you enjoy your time at home!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#35 of 41 Old 06-24-2005, 12:59 AM

Kristin, you ARE taking care of business--gestating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, taking care of something that's far, far more important than anything else. I say kudos for listening to your body.
#36 of 41 Old 06-24-2005, 01:40 PM

I think our bodies are pretty good at telling us when we're over doing it.. but lots of times we ignore them.

I've got my first apt with a new OB today, and am expecting to have a c-section date scheduled. I've been coming to grips with it all, and despite the birth I dream of, it's just not going to happen around here at this time.. so.. gotta make the best of it all, right?

My blessing is tomorrow, and I'm really excited.
#37 of 41 Old 06-24-2005, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas. I really appreciate the support.
I needed it today, especially after going out early this a.m. to scour the garage sales, and I'm so tired already. I felt pathetic.

Now I feel more validated. Thanks! This growing a baby stuff is hard work!

#38 of 41 Old 06-24-2005, 04:38 PM

Nabigus,
Love the name Jonas. It was on our short list for DS. I love the song " My name is Jonas " by Weezer. Ever heard it?
Kristin,
Yes, you got it right. Take it easy and listen to the ole body. It is hard for me too because I go a mile a minute sometimes. I like to get stuff done and one of the biggest lessons my first pregnancy taught me and my DS has taught me since is to slow down. It is a beautiful thing. Not much happens fast in the parent world- except poop diapers!

I am great. We just got back from camping in Groton, VT. Gorgeous. We saw so many animals and went to the beach on the lake. It was so perfect. We are planning a couple more trips locally before I settle in for August.

I have another appt. on Monday ( seems like we have them all the time now, eh? ). Give you all the baby and belly report later.
-Kerri
#39 of 41 Old 06-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Coltrane
Nabigus,
Love the name Jonas. It was on our short list for DS. I love the song " My name is Jonas " by Weezer. Ever heard it?
It's been running through my head for days now! The name itself has been stuck in my head since I first taught Lois Lowry's "The Giver" to my 7th graders, back when I was a normal person. Astoundingly good book.

Jodi, I bet the birth will be amazing, even if it's not what you'd initially hoped for. All fingers crossed.
#40 of 41 Old 06-25-2005, 12:23 AM

cool name we FINALLY settled on Adrian Justin for this bean

Kristin, don't feel bad at all about cutting back. with dd, i never had to. this time, starting at 30 wks the hip pain/discomfort has been so hard! i've had to really scale back - dh does the grocery shopping, not too much time on my feet, etc. listen to your body, it knows what to tell you (and me!)
#41 of 41 Old 06-25-2005, 06:47 PM

Chiro-Kristin:

Don't feel bad about cutting back. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do. I have had to take myself off call and cut back in the office. I really hate to, I only have 5 more catches to sit for my NARM exam and the office is very busy. But I also know how I feel. Luckily, the midwife is very supportive which has helped. I have had a hard time with it, I like working!!!! But I have tried to think of all the things I can get done, time spent organizing around the house and time spent with the kids. Of course, I have had great plans, but I am so tired, I only get one or two things done each day instead of the planned 10-12!

It is hot here and I am trying to stay indoors. We went looking at new minivans this morning, and I wore out pretty quickly! I sat in our car and let the salesperson pull it around and run it for awhile to cool them down!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page