Mothering Forum banner

Whose diaper stash is not even remotely close to being ready yet?

885 views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  oandc'smom 
#1 ·
I only have:

2 Cuddlebuns bikini
1 doz. cpf's
5 sherpa flats

That's it!!! Not even 1 cover!!!

I didn't cloth diaper my DS until 8 months, so I have nothing to work from.

It's so funny that this is the only thing I worry about not having. I don't even have many clothes yet, but all I need for a while are gowns and t's anyway.

I got to get my butt in gear!!!

OKAY, I JUST FELT INSPIRED...

So, I just bought:

12 Kissaluvs Size 0
12 infant cpf
1 Aristocrat
1 FB
2 Polar Bummis
2 Bumpy Covers

I think I bought a few more things, but that about sums it up!

I need more funds!!!!! MOM SEND $$$$$$ :LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
:
I'm there too...
I've made two diapers but they are pretty big--wanted to start with something simple to get the hang of it. I've got some prefolds, but they are pretty big too, I can't imagine putting a newborn in them.

#3 ·
well I am set I think. we have at least a dozen covers in each size (nb-large), 5 doz. infant cpf's and 2 dozen toddler pf's,HH's in med and large and a few fuzzibunz in small & med. as well as some knit soakers and various AIO's and fitteds.

my big thing is I want to covert at least 2 dozen pf's to fitteds. will buy more later if we need anything but think we are pretty set. I hope.

I thought I'd sew some diapers but don't think it's going to happen anytime soon :LOL

#5 ·
We have DD's stash from when she was a newborn (mostly CPFs, Bummis and Liitewraps covers, some FBs), to which I've added a few things (some more FBs, a couple of wool soakers, a fitted in a chili-pepper print). We also have a big box of disposables for the first couple of weeks...we used sposies with DD for the first couple of weeks and then "eased into" cloth. now we're used to cloth but feel the need for sposie back-up. Lol.

#6 ·
I think mine is looking pretty good. I have all the stuff from DS. Kissaluvs in size 0 and 1- lots of them. He moved into size 1 very quickly, so I don't have alot of size 0. I have a bunch of covers.
I have cloth wipes too- a few dozen.
Now, I just have to wash them all again and get the changing area ready.
- Kerri

#7 ·
I think I'm pretty good on diapers. I've been given a lot of hand-me-downs. I needed them because I didn't start CD my first until around 1 year old.

Friends are throwing me a diaper shower in a few weeks.
I hope to get the covers and FB that I need and I'll be all set.

#8 ·
I have 3 NB fitteds and 2 NB covers and that's it! Think that I should get on it? I have a friend that is going to loan me some NB dipes but we just haven't connected. I emailed her today because if I'm going to order anything I need to do it soon.

#10 ·
AAaaah!!! I have one NB cover that was handed down. My mom is givivg us a diaper service, thankfully, but I need to get some covers! This is my first baby and everytime I've looked at covers, I haven't felt confident enough to actually buy any. I guess I need to get on this one...thanks for this thread as a nudge!

#11 ·
ugh I haven't done anything other than find the newborn stuff in the basement and pull those boxes aside (as you can imagine I have boxes and boxes of clothes) so that I know where they are. LOL I don't even have a place to put them yet. Suppose I should get my butt in gear but...well, I haven't! Luckily everything is washed and sealed in bags so all I have to do is open them. I found a cloth diaper the other day in my girls size 8-10 clothes..I'm like huh? how did this end up there? *shrugs* go figure! I wonder where else they're hiding and haven't made it to the infant stuff! hahahaa. Yeah...be organized..right!!
ahhh if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at.

Kitty

#12 ·
I think I am good for a while. I have 18 kissaluvs 0 and 5 bummis NB covers and a kissaluvs contour and a prowrap cover, and one KHW newborn dipe. I plan on getting about 6-12 preemie prefolds too.
I also have 2 dozen infant UBCPF and five small Bummis wraps and then the left over medium diaper stuff I had from my DD's stash. 2 wonderoos and I am supposed to get a few more. I feel pretty set since this stash fills up about 3 drawers in the dresser lol.

#13 ·
OMG, I can't even understand the lingo you all are using. That's how behind I am !

We'll prob start with sposies and use both. I am so clueless to CD that I don't know really where to start. Maybe prefolds. But I sure as heck don't know how to put one on a baby! :LOL

hh

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by henhao
OMG, I can't even understand the lingo you all are using. That's how behind I am !

We'll prob start with sposies and use both. I am so clueless to CD that I don't know really where to start. Maybe prefolds. But I sure as heck don't know how to put one on a baby! :LOL

hh
:LOL
Don't feel bad, all that spazzed me out too. I'm still a newbie at it, but it's going to be fitteds, prefolds, and covers for me. And home-made because I can't afford all the other stuff and wouldn't know which brands to buy anyway. Thought about making some all-in-ones, but our drier doesn't dry that well in the first place, so I don't think they would be practical. Fitted diapers seem to be the easiest, because they go on just like disposables--with velcro, snaps, etc... and then you can just snap a cover on if needed.

I plan to use sposies for the first week or at least until the green goo is gone. I'm not investing in newborn size diapers, so when he fits into size small, I'll use cloth and EC, unless I can fold down some prefolds to fit.

Got a newborn size diaper in the mail, so I'm using it as a pattern and enlarging it to make some diapers that look to be a size small....we'll see.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by henhao

hh
LOL. Kissaluvs size 0 are really easy to use - you could get those AND some prefolds to start, and some covers.

For a prefold, you can either fold it in thirds the long way and just lay it in a cover and then put the whole thing on the babe, or you can:

fold it in thirds the long way
open up one end so there's a baby-bottom sized space (the dipe will now look sort of like a tulip, wide on one end and folded in thirds at the other)
put baby's bottom in that space
bring the folded-in-thirds end up through baby's legs and fan out a bit around baby's waist
pull bottom corners around to the front of the dipe
use a Snappi (click here for a cool diagram showing you how to use one to fasten the dipe)

This took Dh and I awhile to "get" - but once we got it we got really good at it!

PM me if you have any questions....I have spent way too much money on dipes!

Nancy

#16 ·
I used prefolds for my first when she was born and they worked fine. They are so cheap. But my dh would never put diapers on her becuase he couldn't figure them out.

Then I bought Mother-ease Sandy's diapers, they are fitted, and really absorbant, and cheap... cheaper than kissaluvs. They are the cheapest fitteds I have found. The smalls are $8.95 each and fit 8-20lbs.

And you can resell them for probably half of what you paid on ebay....

oh ya I forgot the website is www.mother-ease.com

#18 ·
I've been bidding on some covers on Ebay with no success yet. Dang that stuff goes high! Time is ticking away, tick, tick, ticking away! Tick tock, tickety tock!

#19 ·
I'm having a shower soon, and I'll see if anyone actually gets me the covers I desperately need (and covet) before going on a buying spree. "The diaper lady" came to one of our Bradley classes, but my husband dragged me away before I could start buying! So far, I have very frugally purchased like, 3 measley covers from littleblessingsresale.com.
We're doing the diaper service thing, since (gasp!) we don't have a washer and dryer. We've been looking for a house to buy, since having no washer and dryer stinks even without a baby, but we've been having no luck--everything is either out of our price range or in a reeeeely dangerous neighborhood.
The only clothes I have are some things my best friend got for me at a consignment store, and
: some clothes (inexplicably) donated to animal control, where I work.

#20 ·
Finally won some covers on ebay and have been sewing up a storm. I've got about 5 small fitteds sewn and have quite a few in a bit larger size all cut and ready to sew as soon as I get some more velcro. I have no idea if they will be any good or absorbant enough, or leak-proof enough....I'm pretty clueless. Just have to try them out to see.

#22 ·
So far my newborn stash is pretty hodge podgy. But I'm not sure what I'll like so I just got everything. :LOL

I have:
2 dozen preemie prefolds
30 infant prefolds
10 NB mutts (I want 2 more for an even dozen.)
1 NB KHW
1 NB Calico Baby
6 NB proraps
1 NB BSWW
1 NB Bummis Pants
1 Small Aristocrat

And then I have various stuff in the small size. But that's a different post I guess

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmoon
well I am set I think. we have at least a dozen covers in each size (nb-large), 5 doz. infant cpf's and 2 dozen toddler pf's,HH's in med and large and a few fuzzibunz in small & med. as well as some knit soakers and various AIO's and fitteds.

my big thing is I want to covert at least 2 dozen pf's to fitteds. will buy more later if we need anything but think we are pretty set. I hope.

I thought I'd sew some diapers but don't think it's going to happen anytime soon :LOL

Rainbowmoon,

How do you convert prefold's to fitteds? We have a bunch a prefold's that are looking a bit raggy, but maybe I could convert them? How is that for "recycling?

Maury

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.