June 25- July 2 Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Fellow preggos!
It is now officially June 25th here and I thought that I'd start a new thread :

: We're at the beginning of July I can't believe that some of us will have our babies this month! That's SOOOO exciting!

I'm so exicited about birth. My DH is thinking I'm crazy for eagerly awaiting labor, He has asked me if I remember the last labor (35 hours back labor). :LOL I guess it is just difficult for non-preg people to get it! I think that I'm excited because my attitude towards birth has shifted! I've read Ina May Gaskin's books and am currently reading Birthing From Within and learned a lot more about labor and myself. Has (Is) anyone else experienced this? What has changed for you and what changed your POV? It's an interesting process!

Last Tuesday (Solstice) I witnessed a dear friend of mine (and doula) give birth. It was at her home with 2 MW's and 2doulas and her DP and DS, the energy and love there was awesome! It was amazing! I just feel so honored to witness birth! Her and I were TTC at the same time, so now that her DS is born I feel even more pregnant and ready to meet my own little baby! Only 6 - 8 weeks left. . HOORAY!

I hope you all have a wonderful week. May we all be productive in our preparations toward birth and our new life!

~~~~~~~ 2: Andrya, Dh's girlfriend SAHM to K and awaiting DD#2 mid-August

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#2 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Oh yeah, I am so excited to birth my baby. DP gave birth to our first son and so I don't know what to expect from this labour, but I am so excited. I am 34W2d and getting bigger by the moment. The baby is getting so big too! I have a midwife appt. on Tuesday then a homevisit at 36 weeks, then my appts will be every week from then on.

My midwife has recommended to me that I take EPO vaginally and orally from 36 weeks. I am planning on doing it, but would love to know what some other people's experiences have been with it.

Oh and it is hot as hell where anybody else lives? It was about 95 and HUMID and opressive yesterday and today, but you know what I realized? Babies are so cranky and sweaty in this kind of heat, while I don't feel any less comfortable than I do hot and non-pregnant, so I am happy that we are having this heat while I'm still pregnant and hopefully by August there won't be much of it left. Wishful thinking maybe, but I am still hopeful.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Does anyone think that they are getting close to having a baby, like they might go early? I can't wait until we start showing arrivals!!!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#3 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 03:59 PM

I had my blessing last night.. and I swear, I've got the best friends in the world.

They all brought beads for my necklace, pampering stuff for me, and fabric to be made into a quilt for the baby and I. We asked for "oceanic" colors, since when she's old enough to have her own room, we're going to do a mermaid theme

My ankles are perpetually swollen these days, and I couldn't sleep last night because my legs started itching and wouldn't stop.

This week my projects are to continue sorting/decluttering... and to have my friends henna my belly and take pregnancy pictures on Tuesday
#4 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 04:30 PM

I had an 'eventful' yesterday I suppose you could say. I had noticed babe wasn't moving as much as in the past few days and got a little worried. So, called my OB and he said he wanted me up for monitoring and an NST. So, I headed up. All was well...but it took FOREVER to find the heartbeat and 3 different nurses. Little bean is in some funky bend breechtransverse position and his/her heart is back near my spine and hands/feet out front. So...the big change of position is probably why I'm feeling things differently AND (something I did NOT know!) that many babies start moving 'less' after the peak of movement at 28/29-32 weeks. The movements get less sweeping/jumping to more just minor jabs/kicks and none of the big rolls etc. And well the position change is probably what I was feeling last week with all that rolling and poking and my belly looking like an alien was taking over!!!! They ended up just monitoring me for an hour callin' it good and sending me home. Appt on Weds and we'll decide then if they'll send me for an NST just in case.

So...after all that excitement!!! I'm hoping for a nice calm week

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#5 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Holly - glad baby is still doing good!

Yes, I'm getting excited too. Looking forward to labor a little bit--more so than last time. I just hope there's no unpleasant surprises to dampen the mood.

Had a scare last night. I woke up about 1:30am with what felt like really bad gas pains. I drifted back to sleep and woke up again close to 2am with pain getting much worse, and continued to build in intensity. It felt like a really painful, crampy solid contraction. My belly was contracted down and out, really hard. I couldn't even flip over in bed, it hurt so bad. Woke hubby up and he didn't seem concered and fell back asleep (doesn't surprise me : ). I finally managed to roll off the bed onto my hands and knees and took a warm bath. As soon as I got into the warm water, it all went away and belly relaxed again. After soaking for about 20 minutes, belly contracted again, but this time w/o the pain. Went back to bed and haven't had anything else weird since. Anyone have an idea what this could have been? I can hardly see gas causing a severe contraction, and I've never experience any feeling like that before. Baby was moving fine, so I think he was just as annoyed at being bothered as I was.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#6 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Was your bladder really full Jamie? Sometimes an overly full bladder can cause an irritated uterus!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#7 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 09:03 PM

Anyone having abdominal pain? The baby changed positions I think over the weekend and now I have a sharp pain in the lower left part of my uterus/belly. Improves greatly when resting in bed and as soon as I get up and move around starts to hurt some more. Called oncall last night and they said it sounded like the baby was in a new position and pressing in a different way inside. Baby is so low it is hard to not waddle right now. Worried about needing to start maternity leave early. I will call the midwife in the morning and ask them to see me tomorrow.

Holly - glad your nst went well

held - sorry you had that night time pain. it can be unbearable sometimes. and so helpful when dh rolls over :

32wks here and I can't believe how fast it is happening now.
#8 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 11:36 PM

I'm pretty sure baby is dropped - at least I was before today. I SO have the waddle - it is getting so difficult to move around much. My walking is so limited, as is standing. I'm bummed because I so want to do all of the cool things that are happening in and around Seattle this summer and I just cannot. BUT!

I am SO excited about having him. I cannt wait to go into labor and deliver him, being in the big birthing tub, all of it. I am totally jazzed about giving birth, and so is my husband. Neither of us can wait for this.

The weather here has been amazing - sometimes sunny, sometimes overcast, sometimes rainy, but between 65 and 75 degrees every single day. It rocks. Of course now I'd had DH install the a/c, so we're ready if some heat comes in. We're getting everything ready for baby to come in - house, diaper stash, clothes, check! We've almost got everything except the baby now - woo!

I cannot believe the time is drawing so near! I'm so totally excited!

Oh! And we finally got insurance so I am now seeing a chiropractor for my back pain - I am so happy about that!

And this past weekend we discovered that there is an organic farm that we can pick our own veggies and berries all summer! And it's so cheap! So on weekends now we're planning on going. And I can even do it with the waddle, because there isn't far to go and DH does all of the bending and pulling.

So I'm pretty darn happy right now.
#9 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 11:36 PM

i gotta agree about the full bladder and irritated uterus - i generally don't wake at night to pee b/c i am so tired once going to bed at 11, but around 6 or 7 I will wake and my belly is sooo hard and painful b/c I haven't peed in so long!

its hot in dc, but i'm hanging in there. been taking it easy, less carrying dd (i hate that, i love to snuggle her!) to help my hip/sacral pain. going to try taking flax seed oil too to see if that helps.

i can't believe that i'm 33 wks already! belly grew tons last month but this month is holding steady my mom is getting started on the curtains soon and we are almost done getting things ready.

i'm a bit nervous about dd wanting to nurse again. she likes to ask, but clearly can't latch anymore. I'm so conflicted - b/c in a way, it's kinda nice to be done and to only have one nursling to concentrate on when the baby arrives. i've been trying to remind her that she used to nurse, but that she has forgotten how....which is the truth. anyway.
#10 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 12:12 PM

I know what you guys are saying about the pain with a full bladder, I get that too. But what I had the other night was waaaaay different and much more painful. Since it was about 2 am, I didn't have that much to pee out either. I'm not too concerned about it as it was a one-time deal--thinking maybe I ate something that caused stomach cramping which tightened my uterus?? Not sure.

farmlife3 - yes, I'm getting some sharp pains in my lower belly too, mostly on the lower right side.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#11 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 03:20 PM

Jamie - sorry to hear about the pains. I have had some cramp-like pains at night but nothing that intense, and never more than 2 or 3 at a time. Maybe they are the elusive Braxton-Hicks that I can't seem to identify....

33 weeks here, it's hot, and I love our swimming pool. I just sink in up to my neck and stand there. I don't feel huge, I don't feel wobbly, and I can carry DD all around the pool without her feeling heavy. It's grand. I have never liked swimming pools but this is a godsend.

Otherwise...Binky is wiggly. This morning it felt like her knees or feet were right in the middle of my belly. Now they seem to have shifted back to the right. this friday is our 34-week appt; then we have a 36-week home visit (and I have a 36-week acupuncture treatment), and then weekly visits. I've now met the midwife, the almost-midwife and the apprentice midwife and I like them all. Whew.

I have done very little prep otherwise... I have plans to make a "birth basket" for DD with books, a couple of little gifts, etc, all "from the baby", but am not even close yet. We did stock up on sports drink because that's all I could stomach during my last labor...so probably this time I will want something completely different, lol.

I too am hoping that the heat of the summer comes early so that by mid-August it's mostly gone. I can't nurse DD for more than a minute without both of us getting seriously sweaty; I really don't want to tandem nurse in 95-degree heat!

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#12 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 09:36 PM

We are keeping busy. My sisters wedding is this weekend, so we have that all weekend. Then my DD turns two at the end of the month and we are having company over for that. Also we are in MOMS club and we have pool playdates and stuff to keep us occupied.

I also think I have dropped, one of my friends commented on it today. Last week I felt major pressure down low and felt like I was starting to waddle. I measured 31 instead of 32 weeks, also could be from baby dropping.

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

#13 of 28 Old 06-28-2005, 12:31 AM

Hey Jamie, I've had a few bad episodes like you described too and it WAS all just gas. Once I got relief in that dept. and had the chance to go to the bathroom #2 I felt SOOooo much better. I think at the time the baby was pressing on the intestinal area making things all pinched up. Sorry about the TMI but boy that gas can really wreak havoc.

I'm at 32 weeks, starting the twice weekly non-stress tests...getting someone to watch my kids that often will cause enough stress for anyone!!

Off to bed I go..... Kitty
#14 of 28 Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM

I hear ya Kitty!! I started the bi-weekly "non-stress" tests too...Getting a stitter for every one of them...Gee nothing stressful about that!!
I had an ultrasound today and they "readjusted" my due date...So from August 24th, now it's August 9th!!
I'm 34 weeks...exactly what I've been saying all along... :LOL
I'm glad everyone else is doing well. I feel like this baby will be here really soon!!
Take care.
Liv
#15 of 28 Old 06-28-2005, 09:18 PM

For the first few months of this pregnancy, I was thinking this baby would be comng in late August.

The closer we get, the more I'm not sure! My fundal height continually measures ahead, although I know that doesn't mean anything. I tend to experience things (like first feeling the baby move) earlier than most primigravidas, although that could be attributed to being more in tune with my body due to the nature of my job. And this feeling (and subsequent making sure my MWs didn't think it was possible that I could be due while I am gone to Iowa for a week in midJuly) could be attributed to just getting more anxious about this big change that is coming so soon!!!

I dunno. But I think at this point I'll be surprised if the lil' Tiger w aits until the last half of the month.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#16 of 28 Old 06-29-2005, 12:13 AM

sniff...sniff...snifff....found some new stretch marks today. Just a few tiny red ones just above the old ones, sigh. Guess there's no hope for the genetically challenged.

#17 of 28 Old 06-29-2005, 12:42 AM

I'm with you Jamie. I don't remember stretch marks hurting but I have one which looks like a continued stretch from ds. Burned for a day or so and now extends an extra half inch or so. Ack! I can't wait to meet this babe in his/her own time but wow, I am getting pretty uncomfortable and I'm only 32 weeks.
#18 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 06:07 AM

Well I feel like a lab rat specimin today. Nah not really but lots of appointments.

2nd glucose tolerance test (wasn't going to do it but they've pressured me to do it and well I'm almost 33 weeks so guess I better go ahead *rolls eyes).
After that, ultrasound (whooo hoooo can't wait to see the lil guy). After that, 2nd Fetal Eco-cardiogram (Go Nathanael!!). Then non-stress test tomorrow. *sigh* and they said I'd be worn out from appointments AFTER he arrives!!! :LOL

I was seriously going to put off the Non-stress tests because WHAT a pain in the neck but since he's quieter than usual and I had a bad "episode" of what seemed like labor (hard cntrx 10 mins apart...working down to 4 mins apart..etc) I decided to at least give it a go and see how the lil peanut is doing. I feel sorry for the lady sitting for me this morning. Tim does NOT like me to leave him, which I rarely do. Such an adjustment period for the boy.

ok I'm rambling now hahaa..ttyal Kitty
#19 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 11:59 AM

Wow, it sounds like everyone's bodies are gearing up for the big event!

Got the results back from my 3 hour glucose - passed w/flying colors! No bh, but I only ever had one w/ds and that was at 34 1/2 weeks along (I remember because it was just a couple of days before I went on bed rest at 35 weeks, induced at 38) so that doesn't really worry me, I'm sure they're coming! In-laws are nice enough to ask me if we're sure of my due date (I just keep telling them August/September) because I'm so big. Thanks - I needed to hear that.

I'm sooooo tired and cranky lately, feel bad for ds and dh. We're actually watching PBS Kids every morning (normally we try to do 1/2 hour of tv only/day) and I'm trying to get over the guilt and just accept that if an hour of tv helps me to be more patient w/ds then it's worth it.

I'm making colostrum!!! I'm so excited, it really helps when nursing ds that there is actually something in there now. I can't wait for my milk to come in after the baby is here and nursing both of them.

Lots to do around here, need to make my master list and really get to it. Ever have that vague feeling of panic because there's too much to do, yet not be motivated to do any of it? That would be the story around here lately.

Ok, now I'm just rambling......Stay cool everyone!
#20 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 01:23 PM

hi there,

33wks here, i am full with the baby and everything else in my belly. i am having tons of BHs, but no regular and painful ones, they stop after taking Mg.
my problem is the loss of appetite. maybe it is too hot here?
like laying down, reading, talking to my baby girl...

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#21 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi all...

35w5d here, and can I just say QUACK!?! I am now a duck, with a waddle-waddle here and waddle-waddle there. I believe that this baby is trying to claw his/her way out with his/her fingers/knuckles on my cervix. What the heck IS that sensation, anyway? Am I really being poked in the cervix?

My b-h contractions are pretty strong now, occasionally painful, so I'm wondering if I'll go a little early. I hope I get at least two more weeks out of this pregnancy...we'll see. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a solid belly and terrible pressure down low, crawled onto all fours, and my dh rubbed my back. It felt so nice to have his touch there -- I hope it's as much of a comfort when it's the real thing!

I've made my list of things to pack for all of us (one list for dd, one for dh, one for me -- and one of things I need someone to buy after the baby is born, since we are too superstitious to buy anything ahead of time). I ordered a doll sling for dd to get as a gift from the baby, and I ordered the kit I need to donate the cord blood. Now I just need to rest!

Stay cool, everyone!

-Debi
#22 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 03:00 PM

FD: No kidding on those cervical hits. The other day it really felt like wee bitty was pirouetting (sp?) on my cervix w/his/her hands up under my ribs! And sometimes I feel like wee bitty is just going to open me up and fall right out. I don't remember all this cervical poking and prodding from ds, but this one's been more active the entire time, so who knows?
#23 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 PM

Those babies are getting tight in there now, aren't they. My little bugger recently found my ribcage and has persisted to badger it almost continually. Dang! I don't know how shorter people handle being pregnant with less room for those long legs. I drove into town today and had to sit almost sidways because he just kept pressing against my ribs and lung area making driving difficult.

No way, just looked at my post count and this was my 1,000th post. Too bad it had to be a grump!

#24 of 28 Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 PM

Jamie, congratulations on becoming a Senior Member! :LOL

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
#25 of 28 Old 07-01-2005, 07:57 AM

Hey everyone!
I am off on another camping adventure with DH and DS. We are going to the Northampton, MA area this time- near where I grew up and lived until college. I love the area. Northampton is infinitely cool and progressive. On Sunday, Coltrane and I have a mini Birthday party/ Fourth of July bash at my grandparents' house near Okemo in VT.
Well, baby is good- moving a bunch. The head is down for now and hopefully will remain there. I measuring right and have gained a pound for each week of pregnancy it seems. My TSH ( thyroid ) levels have been great, so I haven't had to increase my dosage of Synthroid at all, which is nice.
Oh, I found both a joggin double stroller and a regular " city " type double stroller last week used. I am so excited. I got them way cheaper than they would be new and they are in great condition. I pulled out baby clothes and cloth dipes, but need to wash everything. I haven't even thought about packing yet, but I am not too worried this time about it. I brought way too much stuff last time and if need be, my DH can get home and grab stuff this time.
That is about it.
Love, Kerri
#26 of 28 Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 AM

Kerri - have a great time camping. I love that area, went to school in Amherst.

Ds and I are off to a family cottage in Northern MA this weekend. Looking forward to it but curious about how the sleeping will be. Quite the configuration of pillows I'm using these days.

Anyone else really uncomfortable at night time? I actually just cried when I got in bed last night because I was so tired and could not get comfortable. Having pain in my low abdomen when I lie on my side at night and all through pelvic area. Had an adjustment Wednesday that seemed to work for a little bit but last night it really started hurting again. I'm quick to give up these days and move to the couch. Not much better but at least I can put the tv on w/o disturbing dh.
***long vent ahead, feel free to skip ahead I just had to vent in a safe place****
Anybody else feel disconnected from the world? I have one friend left that I talk to regularly. She has a 6 mo old and moved into a new home this week so she is about as busy as I am. I don't know why but I have no interest in maintaining any relationships right now. Other than dh of course! And even that is feeling a little rocky right now. I think we are both coming to terms with this baby's imminent arrival in our own way and it makes for some stressful times. Some wonderful times also. This baby is very wanted. Don't mean to be unclear on that note. Somedays I feel like what am I doing? How will I do this with an almost 3 year old and newborn. I work FT evenings and will have maternity leave for a couple of months at most. Dh is a great dad. I stress about money. I'm losing my grandfather slowly to an evil disease. My giant breed dog is almost 10 and aging daily. I am s o o o o tired a this point. I feel like I have a quick temper with ds where I never did before. I can keep it in check but it takes a lot to talk myself through it in my head sometimes without verbally snapping at him. I think he just wants his running around mommy back and this waddle I've developed doesn't allow for much running.
I am set on natural birth, and don't know how to get rid of the rest of the doubts that my body won't handle it. Also, my pregnancy with ds was so medical. So many u/s and non-stress tests and this that and the other thing. I've opted out of most everything this time and now worry that maybe I shouldn't have. THough, my heart still says it was the right path to take for me. I feel healthy and feel like this baby is doing well inside of me.

A medal to you if you've read this far
#27 of 28 Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 AM

Farm,

Don't feel like a bad person! I'm so sorry about your grandpa and your dog! My animals are like my babies, and I get sad thinking about how much older they are getting. And it is so hard to watch a grandparent deteriorate and realize you can do nothing about it except to love him. I can't imagine what it will be like to watch a parent.

I've got the same social apathy going on. I'm not too much of a social butterfly anyway! but now it's worse! It's really hard when I walk into my office, and patients are there and wanna stop me and chat about the baby and how good I look, all nice things that I should respond to pleasantly and happily and be appreciative of, and all I want to do is just run back to my office until I can start adjusting!! I feel so ungrateful and rude, and I hate it. But that's my reaction right now. I'm trying, but hopefully if I'm coming off rude, they'll forgive me once I (please God) come out of Hermitville after the baby is born.

I think your feelings with your ds are very much in the norm, especially for this stage in pregnancy. I know so many people who have felt the same way and felt the same guilt about their children maybe not getting the love and attention they need because mama is tired and can't play and cuddle like she used to. Try to focus on that it is a good time for DS to really develop a cool bond with DH!

#28 of 28 Old 07-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Hi everyone:
Can't believe it is July already! 7 more weeks to go. I am measuring SOOO big, but I have a feeling I won't be going early now, just will drag on to the due date or beyond. I am still having tons and tons of braxton-hicks, so it could be a long summer.

We took the kids to Knoebels Grove on Friday for a few hours. It wasn't bad, went in the eveing, and spent most of my time with the little ones at the kiddie rides. My husband forgot my pain meds, so my hips were killing me. My pubic symphysis is really separating, not sure how much longer I will be able to walk. I am seeing the chiro 3X right now and that is helping, but both of us feel we are fighting losing battle! I was tempted to rent one of those motorized scooters, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I am so ready for this baby to come, but on the other hand, I feel thoughts of panic at having a little one to take care of again. I mean, I can barely get anything done now, how will I manage when he gets here? I know from experience, I will be even more tired and irritable! And I have so much to do around the house, things to get in order, house projects, kids stuff, etc. We are in the process of remodeling 3 rooms and I really want to get them done...but most days, I just don't feel like it! A double-edged sword!!!

How are you all spending the 4th of July? We are going to hang out at the pool and do some house stuff. Next week is son's 3rd birthday and people are coming over, so I guess we should really mow and weed, so the kids don't get lost in the yard. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page