Baby is Breech....wah! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2005, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well....this little guy/gal has got themselves breech and settled into my pelvis--not 'floaty' anymore. Phooooey!

I'm starting chiro today--Webster technique--and I'm trying to do more inverted poses yoga and the tilts recommended.

I'm dumbfounded as to why this baby would flip breech and get settled in at 32 weeks! Been head down all along. And I do yoga almost every day--and especially the inverted poses because they just feel soooo good. Did I do too many?

I know there is technically still time to turn, but I've never gone over (36 and 39 weeks) so I feel like there isn't much time!!!! My first baby was transverse up until right before labor began so I suppose there's hope!!!

At least it's in Frank Breech (we did a quick u/s to check) and that is a 'favorable' vaginal delivery position.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about that position. I didn't know what a "frank" breech was so I googled it and found this link, which has info on *additional* ways to turn the baby -- one way involves using music or a tape recording of your voice to see if the baby will move towards it. That would not work in my case, I don't think, as my baby seems to dislike noises such as the doppler and she moves *away* and not *toward.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/lab...sentation.html
Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 PM

Hi, Holly. I'm in the same situation--baby was nicely head-down last time, and a frank breech at my m/w appointment on Tuesday. Since I'm 35 weeks, we've got 2 weeks for him to flip before they start talking external version, which I'm so NOT enthusiastic about. I saw a Webster chiro yesterday and will continue to go, and I'm tracking down an acupuncturist who does moxibustion to turn breech babies. plus I've been doing the lying with head lower than hips.

Fingers crossed that all our pumpkins heed the call of gravity!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:22 PM

We're hanging out in transverse still...hope he changes his mind, Kitty
Old 06-30-2005, 07:52 PM

Oh, you are at the perfect stage to get acupuncture done. You have plenty of time to turn the babe. The treatment won't even include needles, just moxibustion on the baby toe. It doesn't hurt AT ALL, in fact, it is kind of relaxing. Babies turn at your stage in like 90% of cases. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Coltrane
Oh, you are at the perfect stage to get acupuncture done. You have plenty of time to turn the babe. The treatment won't even include needles, just moxibustion on the baby toe. It doesn't hurt AT ALL, in fact, it is kind of relaxing. Babies turn at your stage in like 90% of cases. Good luck.
Yes! This is exactly what I was going to post about. My accupuncturist has turned a lot of breach babies. I believe it can take a few sessions, so starting soon would be most beneficial.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Really? I was told that less than 20% of babies aren't head down by this stage (googling midwives websites most said even LESS...more like 10-12% aren't head down by now). And that still 3% don't turn by delivery.

Had my first Webster this afternoon. Going three times a week until this sucker turns! I have an accupuncturist...not sure she does moxibustion....I'll find out!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Old 06-30-2005, 10:50 PM

I would be VERY surprised if your acupuncturist doesn't do maxibustion. I am of the impression (and having studied for a year, that they go hand in hand)...unless it is an MD who has taken some acupuncture classes.

Maury
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 PM

Yup, being an acupuncturist myself, we all get trained in moxibustion. It really isn't rocket science anyway. She just needs to know where the point is on the toe and it is in the same place she would needle. She lights the end of the moxa stick and holds it near that point. I have given patients the moxa stick to take home with them and I show them where the point is. It can be done frequently without danger and it is easier and cheaper to do it at home than visit the acup. every day! The moxa sticks cost like a dollar a piece. Gotta love Chinese Medicine- simple, cheap and effective!!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome! I'll call on Monday. Didn't get around to it today. Ever since baby has turned breech I have almost intolerable mid-back pain. Like just below my bra-strap. The only thing that relieves it is lying in an inverted position on my yoga bolster. Lie for 15-20 minutes.....okay for an hour...repeat...LOL So sitting or standing or even lying down has been not been fun. I've NEVER had back pain before...not even while pregnant....so I can only assume this has to do w/ the baby's position.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:41 AM

Good luck to you! My baby was transverse until recently and now she is in the head down position. I know how stressful it is!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Another adjustment today....mmaannnn was the ligament 'stimulation' a little "intense". Okay....it HURT!!!! But....man...last night....baby was moving sooooo much compared to the last week. The boys were having so much fun....the baby sorta turned a little transverse and feet/hands up and was 'playing' with the boys....they'd push and s/he would push back...they were loving it!

User Tag List