Anyone else have an acrobat baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first pregnancy, so I don't know how common this is, but my little guy seems to be moving constantly lately. He's been getting the hiccups a lot, but more than that it seems like he's squirming all the time. DH says it means he's going to be a little wild man -- God, I hope not!

Anyway I had read that in the last month or two you can still feel the baby move, but it's not quite as dramatic because he's so squished inside. This has not been my experience so far!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#2 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 04:34 PM

I'm right there with you!! My little one has been more active every day it seems. Or, maybe she's getting bigger and stronger so I can feel the kicks more than I used to be able to. I don't know, but I have a mover and a shaker in there!!

Sandra

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#3 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM

THis baby has been the most active of all my babies. My belly never seems to stop moving. I feel baby in my sleep even!
#4 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 05:19 PM

With this baby it's too early to feel movement, but my first was, as one nurse put it, "a curtain climber" :LOL He squirmed around right through the second stage of labor - I mean even while pushing I could feel him kickin around in there! They really can move alot sometimes, less space in late pregnancy just means its more uncomfortable, at least that's what I found.

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#5 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 05:24 PM

Oh, I didn't realize this thread was from the august due date club. Well congrats and best wishes for positive birth experiences to you all!

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#6 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 09:51 PM

My babe is moving quite a bit as well. I think it is true that babies move less as they get cramped, but because there is less space and they are getting stronger by the day, we just notice it more. I mean, a couple months ago, most kicks were hardly noticeable, and now it is hard to miss any of them!

As far as amount of movement, I'd say that this baby is about the same as my first. Quite a bit, but not constantly. And he moves much less at night or hardly at all.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#7 of 9 Old 07-02-2005, 11:53 PM

This baby is almost constantly moving with a few nap breaks throughout the day. She seems to be more active than my daughter was but then again I may have just forgotten a lot from my last pregnancy.

I definately wouldn't say I'm feeling any less movement now compared to earlier in the pregnancy. But the movements are very different. It's more like body parts sticking out rand some shifting around rather than actual kicks and punches.
#8 of 9 Old 07-03-2005, 09:31 AM

This baby seems never to stop moving. Last night, she moved from front to back and seemed like she flipped all the night long.
#9 of 9 Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM

My Baby actually switched sides last week. He went from ROA to LOA, still head down. On the day he switched he was moving and stretching fromt he time I woke up until I went to bed. My muscles and ribs were so sore! Now he is putting pressure on my ribs which is SO uncomfortable!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page