Raspberry Leaf Tea -- be careful - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2005, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got surges (ctx) both times after drinking RLT. Although the proof it starts surges is inconclusive, the fact that raspeberry leaf is a diuretic could have something to do with it since dehydration can lead to an irritable uterus.

Drink LOTS of water if you decide to drink RLT. As for me, I will be having no more until I want to give birth.

best to you all,
deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

I overdid it yesterday and had some surges last night. Well, I woke up at 0530 this am with regular surges of 50 sec and 3-4 min apart. I had way more than 5 so I called the m/w.

Long story short, I ended up in the hospital. By 10:30 am the surges were still going on a regular basis. They gave me a drug to stop them, and now I am home resting on the couch.

No more physical work for me! Let the weeds take over the yard! Let the paint peel! I won't do much more than lift a sock if I can help it.

The good news is that they examined me, and the baby is vertex and my cervix is not at all dilated. So yay for that...

To look on the bright side, DH and I had a practice run and realized we are not as prepared as we'd like to be!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Oh Deb, I'm glad they stopped the contractions. Just relax and hang in there a few more weeks!

Michelle
Old 07-05-2005, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Michelle,

Thank you! Everything seems good now. I am going to lie down in a few moments and think all will be okay if I take it easy.

deb

User Tag List