Dear August Preggos--Learn from My Mistake - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I posted this in the wrong place originally so now I am posting it as its own thing so no one does what I did!

I overdid it yesterday and had some surges last night. Well, I woke up at 0530 this am with regular surges of 50 sec and 3-4 min apart. I had way more than 5 so I called the m/w.

Long story short, I ended up in the hospital. By 10:30 am the surges were still going on a regular basis. They gave me a drug to stop them, and now I am home resting on the couch.

No more physical work for me! Let the weeds take over the yard! Let the paint peel! I won't do much more than lift a sock if I can help it.

The good news is that they examined me, and the baby is vertex and my cervix is not at all dilated. So yay for that...

To look on the bright side, DH and I had a practice run and realized we are not as prepared as we'd like to be! He is buying a stroller within the hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 08:46 PM

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! do they think it's preterm labor or a combo of overdoing it and the RRL?

hope you are getting the rest you need! at least it's only for a few weeks!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:00 PM

Sorry you had a rough time. Enjoy your time off!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Old 07-05-2005, 09:09 PM

Oh scary- I am glad everything is OK. I have to constantly remind myself to take it easy. It is tricky when there is so much that needs to be done. I am nesting like crazy too and want to scrub the floor with a toothbrush!!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yesterday, I had been thinking about re-painting the upstairs. Crazy! But this nesting urge is a biggie, isn't it? It's hard to resist and hard to stay put.

I'll be at work tomorrow. I'm not on bed rest, so they'll have me continue the drugs and then we'll see where I am at an appt next week.

hh
Old 07-05-2005, 09:55 PM

Oh, scary, Deborah! Thanks for the advice! I'm glad you are listening to your body and your baby.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 AM

i think, same happened to me at 29 weeks...34 weeks here, lots of bedrest and Mg, baby is growing fast, we are okay, so don't worry and have lots of rest and water...keep up the good work!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Old 07-06-2005, 11:16 AM

Wow, that sounds scary. Very glad things got better.

Perfect timing on the reminder--we're moving back into our apt. this weekend after 2 weeks of the lead abatement fiasco, and even though I didn't do any heavy lifting on the move out, I still hurt like crazy for a couple days afterwards. Luckily, we have amazing friends, and folks are coming over to help us. I'm going to feel like a lazy slug just directing people around, but....
Old 07-06-2005, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Kristin--Thanks!

Nabigus--I know what you mean. It's VERY hard to sit around while others do th work. I wonder if you could go somewhere else? I was thinking that I could go out when DH decides to move furniture around, so I don't feel guilty doing nothing. I sat on the porch while he did physcially demanding yard work and felt sorta bad even though he keeps telling me I'm great and he's appreciative I am doing all this work to make a baby, etc.

User Tag List