Girdle? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-07-2005, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A coworker recently told me that wearing a girdle for 6 weeks after delivery will help your abdomen to go back to something approximating its original shape. This is my first baby, so I don't even know if this makes sense or not. Anyone ever heard of this?
#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2005, 12:54 AM

A girdle holds things in place while you wear it, but the only thing that really gets tummy looking anything similar to what it used to is lots and lots and lots of crunches or other abdominal exercises along with weight loss. I started crunches about a week after delivery and in a few months, tummy was close to its original form. No matter what I did, it never got back to what it used to look like, however. I think nothing short of plastic surgery will do that unless you are one of those lucky people that don't get stretch marks and have resilliant skin.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#3 of 3 Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 PM

Seana, I've heard that some women swear by these (my doula told me her Asian clients wear them). I had a woman tell me about them awhile back too, she said to wear it constantly after giving birth. I wish I could remember who she was. I am willing to try anything to get my stomach back in shape! Wearing a girdle feels pretty good, and helps get me into some of those "almost fits" clothes that I have.

Let me know if you've heard anything else about girdles...

Cindy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page