OMG!!!! We're Having Babies SOon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know, I know. Duh, right? Yet every now and then, it really hits me that We Are Having Little New People Very Soon.

Ack (in a good way).

Btw, I am because I will reach the all-important 37 weeks tomorrow!!!! Three weeks ago, a lot of us didn't know if I'd make it this long. Woo-hoo!
#2 of 14 Old 07-25-2005, 08:15 PM

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
#3 of 14 Old 07-25-2005, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Here's to hoping!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#4 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 AM

I've noticed a lot of us think we will "go early." Do you think it's partially the weather making our brains more "ready" to get the show on the road? I wonder this about me. Of course, I have absolutely no clue about my due date (no idea of LMP or date of concep), but I analyze how I'm "feeling" everyday, and I wonder if I'm just convincing myself that this babe will be born in the first half of the month when I had previously thought the last half.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#5 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 02:27 AM

Yeah, it's scary as heck to realize that in a week and a few hours, I'll be having this baby...
#6 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro_kristin
I've noticed a lot of us think we will "go early." Do you think it's partially the weather making our brains more "ready" to get the show on the road? I wonder this about me. Of course, I have absolutely no clue about my due date (no idea of LMP or date of concep), but I analyze how I'm "feeling" everyday, and I wonder if I'm just convincing myself that this babe will be born in the first half of the month when I had previously thought the last half.
I think as we're getting physically prepared (packing, nesting etc) we start to get mentally prepared too. DD#1 was 12 days early, so I kind of expect (for some unknown reason!) this one to be a tad early too.

But, then again, each pregnancy is kind of a crapshoot :LOL With DD#1 my first inkling of labor was my water breaking at 1:50am and contractions started at a minute and a half apart at that point. I had her in 3.5 hours! This time I could have contractions first, I could have a very long labor etc. I really don't know how it will go! And here I was thinking since I had 1 data point I kind of knew how things would go this time around - wrong! It's very surreal at this point to me.

I can't wait to read more birth stories from this group. It's neat having "bonded" over the course of the last few months together!

Michelle
#7 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Actually, for some reason I keep thinking I'm going to be late. I guess that's just because my mom's four babies were late and my two sisters were late with their babies.

But I get "feelings" all the time and I'm always wrong, so who knows! My EDD is one week from tomorrow, so it could be any time, really.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#8 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 11:54 AM

I thought I'd be early with this one -- dd was born at 39w2d. I thought this babe would be born on the full moon (7/21) and my mom had a "feeling" about 7/25. I'm still pregnant. I just saw the movie "Groundhog's Day" for the first time and feel a little like Bill Murray's character, waking up every morning STILL pregnant.

I guess I kind of wish that pregnancy built to labor in more obvious ways, you know? So, that as you got closer, you got progressively more "something" and could tell it was coming. The idea that I could be sitting here at my desk at work now, and in an hour be on my way home with broken water and regular contractions -- OR that I could STILL be here at work next week at this time -- it's driving me a little batty!!!!
#9 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 12:14 PM

I'm trying to convince myself that he will be late. It will be easier to handle mentall if he is.
Besides this pregnancy has felt a lot different from the start than dd's.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#10 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm hoping this one will go early, but at this point I don't actually expect him to arrive for another month. I want him to be here already, so very badly, as I am very ready for him. But he isn't ready yet, for whatever reason. I have been having pretty regular, albeit far apart contractiond for days now, and hopefully they're at least helping me progress.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#11 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddledebi
I guess I kind of wish that pregnancy built to labor in more obvious ways, you know? So, that as you got closer, you got progressively more "something" and could tell it was coming. The idea that I could be sitting here at my desk at work now, and in an hour be on my way home with broken water and regular contractions -- OR that I could STILL be here at work next week at this time -- it's driving me a little batty!!!!
It's so funny--I've been assuming I'll go late, simply because I don't feel any different from day to day. I really wonder if I'll get taken by surprise entirely.
#12 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I jjust hope my water doesn't break at work!
#13 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM

You know, I made that comment about water breaking just to be dramatic -- my water didn't break at all with my dd, and after 24 hours of labor, my midwife broke it for me. So, it's definitely not a given that it will break in labor or before! This time, if it doesn't rupture spontaneously, I'm hoping not to let anyone break it at all. I think it would be cool to have this babe born "in the caul!"
#14 of 14 Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 PM

I mostly lurk around the due date club site, but I have to say that it really has been incredible to hear about how people are doing and the struggles (and victories) that we're all having all over the place! I am feeling very ready and full of "signs" which probably mean nothing, but I am so excited all the same! First labor ever and I can't really imagine what it will be like- but it makes me feel all cheesy like this will initiate me into real womanhood!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page