Weekly Thread Aug 22-29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2005, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So no one has started the weekly thread this week, I guess it's because those of us left are using our energies elsewhere?

My good news is that I sent my article out today, which means that the only thing I sort of "had" to do at work before birth is done! DP's dad and stepmom are arriving tomorrow in anticipation of caring for 3.5yo DD.

I guess I should finish packing for the hospital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005, 12:29 AM

Still here... :
Old 08-23-2005, 12:31 AM

I'm still here. Due anyday. Begging for labor. Tired of BH. Crabby. Uncomfortable. Huge. Just having a pity party today. Sorry to be a downer.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:43 AM

Still here. Trying to not think about NOT being in labor. Was due Saturday. Ugh. I have all the people calling and Random people on the street making comments like "she looks like she is about ready to have that baby." Yeah...they don't know the half of it. :LOL

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 AM

I am SO sick of people asking. DH said he's started to get sick of people asking, too.

"Where's that baby?" people ask.

"In my uterus," I say.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:16 AM

Yep, me too! Just got back from a walk around the block and 3 different people said "Looks like anyday now!" I'm just hoping they know something....
Very ready, with you ladies!!! Lots of cramps and BH every night...ugh. When will it turn into the real thing??

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:34 AM

I'm here too. Today is fil's and bil's b-days, so am glad that baby didn't come today...unless I have like a 1 hour labor/delivery happening real quick-like. We called fil to wish him happy birthday and he of course asked if we knew what we were having (ummm, a baby - I really don't think it's a puppy) and told us how he always wanted a homebirth but dh's mother wouldn't consent. (Well of course not - she had 3 c-sections in the 60's/70's - what were you going to do cut her open on the kitchen table?) It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't yammer on and on about those two points every freakin' time I/dh talked to him. The man drives me crazy.

Oh - and what's up w/people thinking that if I'm calling them I must have had the baby? They see our phone number on the id and that's the first thing out of their mouths - "So, did you have the baby?" or "Are you in labor?" Yah, we had the baby but I just don't want to tell you about it, so I'm going to just say no. Man! Guess I'm more than a little crabby myself!

Due this Sunday and other than being tired, I still don't feel "done." I must look it because I'm getting sympathetic looks and comments all the time. Makes me want to hibernate at home and never go out again. Ever.

Went over the birth supply list and double-checked that we have everything. I'm working on getting the playroom all set up. Going through ds's toys and seperating out what the baby will be able to play with vs junk that needs to be donated vs toys that we'll keep. Even though it seems like I'm constantly weeding out crap toys, I have a big bag full of stuff and I'm only about 1/2 way through. I think all the crap toys reproduce when I'm not looking.

I also pulled a bunch of weeds out of my tomato patch today. I'm not nesting in terms of cleaning my house, but laundry has never been so caught up, and the freezer never so full of yummy food. Hmmm, if this is how I nest - I should nest all the time!

Here's some Birthin' Vibes to anyone who wants 'em!

Me - I still have stuff to do... :
Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 AM

Yep- I'm still here too. Very surprised that I am still pregnant but what can you do? Had a very crabby day today. I really wanted another Leo baby (I'm a Virgo, DD is a Leo) but obviously that's not who this baby is! Trying to just be patient. Very tired of people calling and asking. Henhao- I love your response!

Did you have that baby yet? (I'm not even DUE until 8.30).
Yeah- I had him last week but I figured I'd just wait for you to call me since you cannot seem to stop bugging me about it.

See- very grumpy.

Probably didn't help to find out that DD has a mild bout of Hand, foot and mouth virus today (luckily she only has the mouth part- very mild case on the second day) but really- so I need anything else to be stressing over at this point?

Anyway- I'm going to stop now- my grumpy attitude is totally annoying me!

Traci
Old 08-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Still here too. All I have to say is that I sat here reading everyone's post like a bobble head doll. Same stuff going on at my house.
Come on out babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 PM

childofthemoon - i like the bobblehead analogy - i too bobbed through the thread. I was super excited. Had a strong contraction that woke me up in my sleep at 3am last night and said, "hey, this is it!" sat down to rest and nothing more.
Today has been odd though as I have a flood of energy I have not felt in a long time. Went for a long walk, cooked a bunch of garden veggies so they don't get wasted, playing, cleaning not napping while ds is. Ah, it is probably another tease. I figure all these little things must be adding up to labor soon.
Either way this is a nice reprieve from the grumpiness I have been exuding all week. I don't even want to be around me anymore :LOL
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 PM

Well I was talking to my grandma this morning and we figured out the babies evil plan......he is waiting till friday and this is why. This weekend is the Fair in our hometown (small town) and my mom is supposed to have house guests, my grandma is in charge of several things, and my sister is supposed to be there too. Well Mom is the one coming here to watch DD, and my sister is coming here to be there with me for the birth. Baby was due the 20th, last saturday, so of course he is waiting till this weekend, so it can be ALL ABOUT HIM and no one will get to be at the fair. :LOL

Are Virgos supposed to be this big of stinkers?

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

Old 08-23-2005, 08:50 PM

hi i've been lurking...i was due on the 18th so i'm right there with y'all. we've stopped answering the phone- we have a secret ring for the people we actually want to talk to that aren't going to ask all those annoying q's.
i've been feeling pre labor flu-y since thurs, but nothing yet.....good luck everybody! just thought i'd say you've got somebody else out here who knows how you feel.

User Tag List