Oh my! Two pink lines! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-24-2004, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad to be here! This baby will make four, though I am holding my breath a bit as I've had several early losses. We are new to Maryland, and it would seem that Frederick county is not vbac friendly. I am strongly considering a homebirth. As this is very new and welcome news, there are lots of details to be worked out over the months. Congratulations to all of the September expecting Mamas!

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
#2 of 9 Old 12-28-2004, 12:21 AM

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#3 of 9 Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 AM

Congratulations!!
#4 of 9 Old 12-28-2004, 02:10 PM

add me to the september club!
#5 of 9 Old 12-31-2004, 04:58 PM

This will be our 3rd. I'm going to post over here and over in the August forum. My due date is Sept 2nd (based on LMP). But who knows I like to have some week or so of options either way

Congratulations mamas!!!
#6 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Congratulations. I'm from Maryland and Frederick occurs to me as a non VBAC place. Good luck!
#7 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the congrats!

Yes, Frederick seems to be pretty anti-VBAC, but we'll see. I might go to Shady Grove Adventist in Rockville, heard they still do some VBACs. I'm very low-risk, and already have a sucessful free-standing birthing center, all natural *posterior* VBAC under my belt, so that might help. I do kind of feel like walking in at 10cm & ready to push in Frederick though, just out of spite. However, that's really not the birth I'm hoping for. Also considering a birthing center in VA.

I really like the idea of homebirth, but we're almost 30 min from the hospital, and it's the evil Frederick one. The idea of a long transport scares me. *sigh* One of the tradeoffs of living in the country, I guess. I'm still trying to sort this all out. So far, I'll fib about my due date by one week because in Frederick, it seems that they schedule a c-sec before you go into labor & thus make sure you don't have an accidental VBAC, the b*stards.

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
#8 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 08:22 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat in that I have limited options. This part of NJ is a desert for anyone wanting a birth center or natural births in general. But I'm a bit chicken about doing the homebirth thing, though I do have a hospital nearby. But maybe I'll work up the courage to do it at home. My husband who at first balked at the idea of a home birth is even considering it. That's how bad the first one went! I won't even get into it, but I had midwives!
#9 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Congrats mama!

I'm interested in a home birth but DH is not comfy with it at all. I think the stress would be more for him to have the baby at home than for me to have the baby in the hospital. I had C in the hospital and it wasn't a bad experience, so looks like that is what we'll be doing again.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page