Is anyone having insane cravings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am craving meat--salty, juicy meat. I let Bell pick out where we would go for dinner last night and she picked McDonalds (lucky me). I had 6 chicken nuggets, and as I was eating I actually had a sudden urge to just shove them all in my mouth, LOL. It was all I could not to go up and get 10 more and scarf them down. Seriously, I'm having visions of roast beef and gravy and steaks and roast chicken. I remember this from my first PG too. And we hardly ever eat meat, though I will occasionally put chicken IN things. I'm also craving eggs too, but not like that. I feel like Phoebe from Friends! My best friend thinks I must need the iron.

During my first PG I developed a craving for avocado, which is funny because I've always hated avocado. I'm glad it stuck with me, because Bell loves it too, and it's so good for you.

Anyone else?

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#2 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 12:38 PM

LOL...last night I couldn't get enough of spaghetti sauce with meat... I'm not a vegetarian at all, so I usually do eat meat. It's weird that I had to have even more last night... Yikes...guess I need more protein and iron!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#3 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 01:58 PM

I too have been craving salt. Oh man I hate salt...seriously hate it but right now I can't get enough of salt on my food. Makes it taste better! Not a lot of salt but just salted food. I usually don't salt my food. I too saw avocados and went mmmmmmm but didn't get them because they are ridiculously expensive.
#4 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 02:35 PM

I haven't had many cravings yet this time around ... I think I have to get over the extreme nausea and food aversions first! :LOL

Today my dh made pizza, which I normally LOVE. I got home from work, walked into the house (the pizza was just taken out of the oven) and almost puked. I'm sitting here extremely nauseated and even though the pizza is gone, the house still smells like pizza. UGH!

My pregnancy with Alex I had a major garlic craving....and Peanut Butter Cup sundaes with dark chocolate ice cream and extra peanut butter. I also craved milk and all dairy products, and I have a dairy intolerance ... and meat, and I was a vegetarian.

With Zachary I craved clam strips, fries, and just about anything salty...especially onion straws with balsamic vinegar.

With Haley I craved Taco Bell. (eeeew!)

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#5 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you say Chipotle? I would happily go there every day. The vegetarian burrito with beans, rice, corn salsa, guacamole and lettuce calls to me. I've been keeping it under control now that my gift certificate is used up, but man, I want to go there.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#6 of 19 Old 01-07-2005, 04:36 PM

I'm having the cliched pickle craving, and I asked my mom to make her liver-and-tomato-and-ginger soup for me yesterday.

I'm starting to think I'm having a girl -- I didn't have any cravings during my first pregnancy, except for milk.
#7 of 19 Old 01-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Salt and vinegar potato chips. I could always take or leave 'em but this past week they're all I can think about. I finally broke down 2 days in a row and ate some

Up until the nausea started getting bad this week, I was craving RED meat. Like, not quite fully cooked BEEF. Pork wouldn't do, and chicken was -- and still is -- just nasty! (BIL thinks it's funny whenever we're around to just say "chicken" at odd moments to see if I'll hurl... little brat!)

Ever since Christmas, I've had this huge aversion to almost anything sweet, and especially chocolate. Normally I'm a major sugar and chocolate addict so this is so new for me, but I'm really thankful because I was wondering how I was going to make myself eat healthier. Guess the baby made it easy on me!

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
#8 of 19 Old 01-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Food. Seriously, I am starving. If I'm not trying to take a nap, I'm looking for something to eat. Dh joked he was going to have to pick up a part time job just to feed me
#9 of 19 Old 01-09-2005, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm just hungry.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#10 of 19 Old 01-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Actually, now I want lots of meat, too. Beef.

#11 of 19 Old 01-10-2005, 04:37 PM

I'm so hungry right now I'm going home for lunch......for a blu cheese salad and maybe a salad with cheddar cheese....mmmm I can't wait to get home.
#12 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Olives stuffed w/ garlic and jalepenos, mainly salty foods. Meat has been a complete turn off to me, to the point of gagging if I even think about it. I've also been craving cocoa bumpers w/ whole milk. Ds has been telling me not to eat all of his cereal. LOL Hmm, oh and macaroni and cheese. My usual favorite foods make me want to vomit even thinking about it. Weird...

Jenna
#13 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Must have Peanut Butter Bumpers.....gotta go buy some ... thanks a lot, Jenna! :LOL I'm also craving Lindt extra dark chocolate truffles and grilled cheese sandwiches!

I can only eat bland food. Like a plain grilled chicken breast, rice, popcorn, pretzels, vanilla yogurt, ice cream, cheese (I'm casein intolerant, but craving dairy like mad!) ... I crave Chinese food, Thai food, Mexican food, etc, but as soon as I smell it the nausea takes over. Ugh!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#14 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfairy

Ever since Christmas, I've had this huge aversion to almost anything sweet, and especially chocolate. Normally I'm a major sugar and chocolate addict so this is so new for me, but I'm really thankful because I was wondering how I was going to make myself eat healthier. Guess the baby made it easy on me!
Same here!!! I have Fanny May, Ghirardeli, and chocolate carmel bars sitting around! That never happens!! My DH said that was more of a sign of me being pg than the actual tests I took! :LOL

Last week I bought chocolate covered chocolate donuts, and I couldn't eat them. Usually they only last a couple of days.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#15 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 02:35 PM

Mmm peanut butter bumpers. Good choice, we have some here. It's funny Thai is my all time favorite food but I can't eat it so far. I start salivating thinking about it then if it's in front of me, it's all over. I have however been able to eat miang kum.
#16 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 03:15 PM

I hate this thread! Everytime I read it I get INSANELY hungry! :
#17 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 09:22 PM

OMG you guys are all making me sooooo hungry ! I am literally salivating over here! I forgot all about salt and vinegar chips and now . . . Anyway, I knew I was pregnant when I started craving salmon sandwiches (with natural mayo, green onions, gomaschio and loads of salt). I am a vegetarian (I do eat fish and eggs, but no dairy), and I am sure that was my body's way of saying 'focus on the protein'. I just love hearing about everyone's cravings, but now I need to go find some food!
#18 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM

Dh is bringing home sushi (non-raw types). Soo excited!

#19 of 19 Old 01-11-2005, 10:19 PM

fruit. dark greens. so good.
Like someone above mentioned, my usual favorite foods are a real turn off to me right now. I found some condensed soup in the pantry today and just had to have it. That stuff is there for emergency use and usually I find it pretty revolting but today it was vegetable soup with alphabet letters. Ds thought it was very cool that there was an S in his soup.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page