Trouble not thinking about pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm at work for 8 hours and I'm having a hard time concentrating through out the day on anything but being pregnant! Is this normal....How do all you working moms cope? No offense to those who stay home but I would think that the kids keep your mind off of it....if I'm wrong then the same question goes for you...how do you not think about being pregnant all the time. I'm so excited I'm on amazon, babydepot, babiesrus, babyuniverse all day browsing! I'M A CRAZY PREGNANT NUT HEAD! :
#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2005, 11:16 PM

I work 9 hours a week, so I'm mostly at home with my kids ... and I'm obsessing about this pregnancy constantly - and this is my fourth child! I already have my maternity clothes out, baby clothes out (I just *had* to take stock of what I still have, since I gave most of our baby clothes away after dd was born! ), and have names picked out. I don't need to shop for anything for the baby quite yet...I may be getting a bunch of cloth diapers from a friend, I can get tons of clothes through a clothing exchange, and the only thing I need to buy new is a new sling for this baby (each of my children has their own sling, which will be saved with other baby momentos!)...and maybe some Robeez ... and a few little toys from my favorite store (here in CT - Papaya Patch).

I'm continuously talking to my kids about the baby, what they think the baby is, that we're going to go to a midwife and have a homebirth. I'm often on the computer on MDC talking about pregnancy and on here and other sites researching homebirth and other pregnancy-related things.

Yes, I'm obsessed! :LOL

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM

I thought it'd be different this time, 2nd time around, last time I was working full time, in a boring job and I spent my whole day on the babycenter boards. This time around I thought I'd find out and then be able to just ignore it till I started showing. I'm just at 5 weeks, and I find every day to be painfully slow! I want to pass my first trimester now!!!

I had a miscarriage about 2 years ago, and just want to make it to 12 weeks, then I can relax a little.

So it has nothing to do with working! It's just being pregnant!
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2005, 01:59 AM

LOL, I was just thinking this today. For the first week or so I was good about it, really keeping my mind on other stuff. Then it all fell apart. I got literally an hour of work done today. And this is my second pregnancy, I remember how bad I was at work during my first one. Fortunately, it was during a time at which my company was kind of falling apart, so no one really noticed--or at least, said anything!

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#5 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 01:50 PM

Yep. I'm thinking about it a lot, too! I worked full time in this same job when I was pregnant with ds and looked up a ton of pregnancy stuff online. I've only known about this pregnancy since last night and I'm here at work (I only work part time now) checking the pregnancy boards on mothering and thinking about cleaning out the attic and the computer room and whether and when to move ds's room, blah, blah, blah. I, too, thought I wouldn't think about it so much this time. Guess I was wrong.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#6 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I was working full-time as a teacher while pg with ds and I spent all my time on a mainstream board. : (Luckily I found MDC.) Now I don't work and I am obsessing again. I don't think it it possible not to! I don't know how I'll pass the time until the 2nd trimester when I can relax.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page