Paranoia? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Every time I go to the bathroom, I check my underwear for spotting, check the toilet paper for spotting, etc. Every time my nausea goes away for a while, I get worried. I haven't been this paranoid during pregnancy since I got pregnant with Alex (now 6 years old!) 3 weeks after having a miscarriage. Why am I so paranoid this time around? Argh. And I was hoping for a beautiful, peaceful, happy pregnancy!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#2 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Well, if you are paranoid, I am too . I can't help it -- I already had a bit of spotting and so now I am pretty on edge about it. I check too -- all the time (I even drink tons of water so I'll have to pee all the time and have a chance to check : ) Oh well, at least I know I am not alone!
#3 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 05:54 PM

I have not spotted but I check too! It's a scary thing even though in most cases it can mean nothing
#4 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 06:42 PM

Another checker here! It seems like that's all I can think about, and it's never crossed my mind before this pregnancy.
#5 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

I think I may have figured out why I'm so paranoid...I've never known I was pregnant this early before. In the past I have found out I was pg only when 6 weeks pg or over. I feel like I have sooooo long to go before I'll feel *safe* about this pregnancy. I also won't be having an ultrasound to confirm and date this pregnancy as I have had with previous pregnancies (with Alex I had a miscarriage and never got af afterwards so didn't know when I conceived, with Zachary and Haley I was nursing and had looong cycles and wasn't paying attention to fertility signals) and I think knowing that I won't have visual confirmation that there's someone in there is a bit scary for me.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#6 of 8 Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I also check every time and I think I did the same thing with ds. I didn't know I was pg with him until I was 6 weeks or so, which was nice b/c I didn't have as much time to worry. Sort of wish I didn't know so early with this one either but I charted.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#7 of 8 Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 AM

I check too...mainly because I don't have any symptoms other than cramping... It's freaking me out!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#8 of 8 Old 01-12-2005, 12:47 AM

I check too. I had bleeding problems when I was pg with Connor and was on 'light duty' for awhile. I'm paranoid the same thing will happen again. I worry more this time because I'm doing more now than I did before because of my toddler. Plus, I was a student last time around so I was pretty spoiled as far as napping and not having to do things. I don't know what the heck I'll do this time if the same thing happens.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page