Nausea Gone - uh oh what does that mean? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I didn't have any nausea and it worries me... I was never so sick with my first and second preg (miscarriage) but I've been feeling horrible, till today, I feel fine today. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm going to miscarry.

Anyone else feeling no nausea all of a sudden? I'm at 7.5 weeks.
#2 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 AM

Try not to worry... this pregnancy I had morning sickness until my 7th week too and then it just vanished (along with every other symptom I'd been having)! I was so scared I went to my midwife and had an u/s to make sure there was a heartbeat... yep, there was.

Some women are just lucky.
#3 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 02:41 AM

music-mommy, i could have posted this one!

i am also about 7.5 weeks. now i never had nausea with ds but this one i've had bouts of it during the day. it jsut seems to have disapeared. and i am just not feeling preg. and i am so scared that i mc. i actually had a dream last night that i did. it made me so sad.
#4 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 02:47 AM

I fortunately do not get morning sickness, but I did have slight queasiness off and on until very recently and I am at 7 or 8 weeks.
#5 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance. I didn't have morning sickness with dd either, and so this time I was surprised, but since I miscarried about 2 years ago, I was thinking maybe the nausea meant I had more hormones running through my body or something. Then all of a sudden it stopped! AHHH!

Maybe it was also because I was so busy yesterday fixing the toilet and replacing the faucet in the sink that I couldn't be nauseous. Hopefully that's what it was!

No spotting yet so that's a good sign. I still have incredibly sore nipples when dd bfs so that's a good sign I suppose!

I'll keep crossing my fingers!!! For you too spsmom.

Maybe when i go for my first appt with the mw I'll ask her to do the doppler... I'm not sure. I'll see how I feel by then.
#6 of 16 Old 01-26-2005, 04:55 PM

one more queasy anecdote- before i knew i was pregnant wh/ my first i was in the restaurant break room having a shift meal of pesto ( my then fave) and then had a quick smoke before going out on the floor. I finished the cigarette, stood up, opened the door and then felt an incredible rush of nausea. I ran to the bathroom and got sick. Fortunately there were so many sorority girls getting sick form a night of fuzzy navels that i fit right in. I bought a test that night and quit smoking for good. After that pyrotechnic display i was waiting for the worst, but as it turns out that was the only time i ever felt sick during that pregnancy. Now if only this one (3rd!) would go as smoothly.
#7 of 16 Old 01-27-2005, 08:24 PM

I felt really nasty until maybe days ago. I was super tired and felt sick all the time and then *wham* it just stopped. I feel like a million bucks now, but a week ago I felt awful. I hope it sticks!
#8 of 16 Old 01-27-2005, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Today I felt okay. The past 3 days I thought I was going to die. I am 6.5 weeks.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#9 of 16 Old 01-29-2005, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Well the nausea came back! ha ha, and funnily enough I was glad! Is that strange or what? Anyway, still going strong, so hopefully it's going to stick!
#10 of 16 Old 01-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Yeah, mine came back too.

#11 of 16 Old 02-02-2005, 02:09 PM

Well, now it is gone again. I feel really good and energetic today. It is worrisome.

#12 of 16 Old 02-04-2005, 02:43 PM

So what is up, mamas? Who is sick and who isn't? I'm worried about mine going away. My sense of smell went away too.

#13 of 16 Old 02-06-2005, 12:49 PM

I'm feeling better over the last couple of days; I'm about 9 weeks right now. I've gotten my appetite back (as evidenced by the amount of food I bought at the grocery yesterday! LOL) Still not 100%, and still a little concerned about aversions, but definitely feeling better than I was this time last week. I'm not going to worry - just go with the whole lucky concept and stay positive. I have my first dr. appointment on Wednesday, and I'll feel much better once I see my little peanut and hear the heartbeat. Besides, my boobs are heavy and sore, so I'll take that as a positive sign.

Oh, and my sense of smell isn't nearly as strong as it was my first preg. <shrug>
#14 of 16 Old 02-06-2005, 01:15 PM

Mine has been coming and going. I had a week off for a while but then it came back hard.
I've not thrown up though. With dd I threw up everyday. But was only sick during that time.
This time I am just ill all day but no throwing up. I'm not sure which is better.

I'm also a lot more tired this time but that could be that I have a toddler now.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#15 of 16 Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 AM

It is so nice to hear other people with the same feelings. I was throwing up and exhausted and it hurt so bad and I was so annoyed when ds was nursing and then all of that went away one day. I have only thrown up from coughing too much( I have had a cough for two weeks) and from rinsing some poopy dipes that have been sitting a couple of days. It is nice to be feeling better, but I have been sooo worried that something is wrong. I guess it is just normal. I go in to hear the heartbeat on Tues, hopefully that will make me feel better. I hope we all can get past the puking stage soon!
#16 of 16 Old 02-07-2005, 04:07 AM

mine is back with a vengance. with my first pregnancy, i never had any ill feelings. today, even just coughing makes me gag and almost throw up. i actually did the other day when i was cleaning out the fridge! but i guess you don't need to be pg for that one! brushing my teeth makes me gag, as well.

is anyone else b*tchy? omg, i hate it! again, with ds i never had anything but great happenings. this time, i am such to you know what to dh for the stupidest things! i feel so bad but i can't help myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page