early miscarriages?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2005, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to find out info on early miscarriages and how long the hcg stays in your body. By early miscarriages I mean those where you might be late for your period and then it comes and it was an early miscarriage so it would be no more than say a month or maybe 5 weeks??
Has anyone experieced this? What I am trying to find out is in a very early miscarriage like this are the hpt tests positive (maybe a faint positive) and then within days they are negative?
I had a negative the day my cycle started and then tested on day 10 of my cycle for strange bleeding and it was positive. My midwife friend even thinks I am pg so I am just wanting to know more for my own benefit and cuz I worry. I am getting very strong positives~they show up right away and are dark lines and I am not using first morning urine either. It is day 18 of my cycle and I am still getting these dark lines even with urine that is diluted from drinking lots of water all day and eating, etc.. Wondering if anyone has experience with this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 PM

HCG levels start out low and in a viable pg double every 36-48 hours. In a miscarriage the levels can continue to go up but not at the rate seen for a viable pg. After a miscarriage hcg can remain in your body for 4-6 weeks. I would think you would need blood work to determine where your hcg is and if it is doubling. Or an US. I am sorry you are going through this. It must be very fraustrating not knowing what is going on with your body.

So you tested the day your period started or the day you thought it would start? On day 18 are you still bleeding or was it a 1 day thing on day 10?

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:48 PM

You might not have had a "period," but rather implantation spotting or just some uterine bleeding. The lines should be getting lighter, IMO. I don't want to get your hopes up (assuming you want to be pg) but I have with another pregnancy experienced heavy "periods" the first two months of the gestation that obviously weren't periods at all.

If you have insurance try to get a sono around 9 weeks and blood tests for hcg levels.

User Tag List