Baby Names - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

#181 of 204 Old 07-22-2005, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In talking with dd about the names for the baby she keeps telling us that this baby is going to be an Allissa. She says that she doesn't want no Celeste, she wants Harley's Allissa! I think that is really cute. We shall see if Harley gets her Allissa or not. Dh and I are really trying to stay open minded about what baby's name will be when she is born. Ds doesn't really seem to care. I think he doesn't exactly understand either.

Anyone elses kids doing this? If so with a previous pregnancy, did you end up using that name?

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 204 Old 07-22-2005, 03:31 AM

Our 3-year-old son insists this baby is a girl (and has the entire pregnancy). He also insists that the baby's name is Wada Duda. We'll take it into consideration. :-)
#183 of 204 Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 AM

From the beginning my 3 year old has insisted that this is a girl baby and even came up with her name - Tayen. She just announced that name, neither of us having heard it before. I googled it and it's an actual name meaning "new moon" - and the kids had referred to our baby as "moonbaby" from the beginning also. I have a feeling that baby is a boy, though - we shall see! Oh...and if it's a Tayen, the kids insist on Tayen Rainbow. I can't convince them of any other middle name either!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#184 of 204 Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 AM

Amanda, that's a cute name!! Why not use it if you have a boy?

I was wrong about what names we'd decided not to use, we're down to three now.

Bridgette Lynn
Samantha Lynn and
Samantha Katherine

We'll probably sit down one more time to really think about just names before she's born. I doubt we'll end up with just one choice.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#185 of 204 Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 AM

We've brought up different possible names with ds (2 1/2) and he says no to all of them. If you ask him what we should call baby brother he always says Gumbo. Um...maybe it can be a nickname, but I doubt Gumbo will be it.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#186 of 204 Old 08-03-2005, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We are having a more difficult time coming up with a name this time around. So far, we are very attached to Aurelia for a girl. Of course, some of my family has reacted negatively to the name, and others just silence or "That's nice." One of my sisters is in love with it, though.
Is it really that off-the-wall?
For a boy we can't make up our minds. We like Liam and Britain so far...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#187 of 204 Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 AM

Jenny, I really like Aurelia. It fits nicely with Zeta. I don't think it is off the wall just unique. As for the boy name, I think either of those two would work well with Zeta. If this baby is a boy you could do what dh and I plan to do, just look at him and see what name he looks most like. Our choices are Celeste and Allissa for the girl name and John {Jack} for the boy. Good luck coming up with a name that you both agree will fit!

#188 of 204 Old 08-03-2005, 02:09 AM

Goldie,
Thanks for your opinion & encouragement! It's great to get some feedback. You're right. Aurelia does sound nice with Zeta. And we'll probably add to our list of boy's names so we'll have a small pool to choose from after the birth. At this point, none have really jumped out at us..

We tried choosing a family surname for a boy, but our family is not rich in handsome surnames... (Plummer, Croom, Guthrie, Shipp, Rice, Dorr, Hickey... : )

My DH & I both like the name Jack, too, but of course we both have J names. We liked Jade for DD, so it ended up as her middle name for the same reason. Your girl name choices are both very feminine

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#189 of 204 Old 08-03-2005, 02:15 AM

We are using a family name for this baby's middle name provided it turns out to be a boy. Leland has been passed down in one form or another to every generation for the past 4, so we shall see. If you like it feel free to use it. I am very willing to share.

#190 of 204 Old 08-07-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Of course, some of my family has reacted negatively to the name, and others just silence or "That's nice."
That's why we keep our name a secret! No one cares once the baby is here, they have better things to focus on. :LOL
#191 of 204 Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 AM

My first daughter is Carina Rhiannon...
My second id Aurora Elaina
My third daughter will be Indira Noel

The poor people in my life can never get our names right. I am Rianna, then Carina, Aurora and now Indira. I like confusing people
#192 of 204 Old 08-10-2005, 04:05 PM

Well DH was a real stinker with this one he didn't like anything I liked and then finally we both said ooohhh I like that so thats what we are going with.... Introducing Emily Grace comming soon :LOL
#193 of 204 Old 08-16-2005, 03:47 PM

We're waiting for SARAH MICHELLE or BRAYDEN TODD
#194 of 204 Old 08-17-2005, 03:22 PM

PrincessCass and septembermommie I think that the names you have chosen are wonderful. It will be exciting to be able to {hopefully} see pics of all the new little ones so that we have a face to go with the cute names.

#195 of 204 Old 08-18-2005, 09:16 AM

i just noticed this thread. our baby girls name is goin to be Kaulini Priya. they are both sanskrit names and have many,many meanings. kaulini by its self means ne of the 1,00 names of radharani/one who behave well/one who take birth in a royal family/one who is close to the earth. Priya by its self means beloved but when you put the 2 of them togetehr it translates into friend of radharani. we choose Kaulini after my dear mother kaulini who is the most psecial soul in this world to me and my husband both. my husband picked out priya as her middle name and it just so happens that when i helped mother kaulini with a hospice patient her middle name was priya and she was very special to me. she had breast cancer and waso ready for death.so brave and wonderful. so, our daughters name has a million meanings to us.
now only if our moms would actually like her name.. oh well. cant please everyone!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#196 of 204 Old 08-18-2005, 04:09 PM

Ok so we are def stuck with Ian but the middle name kept changing. We found we really liked:

Ian Kaeden

Ian Earendil

Ian Lorian

Ian Thranduil

Kaeden just didn't flow well and I told dh I could not even imagine yelling Ian Thranduil at the park :LOL . I like Lorian the best but its a girls name. do you think people would be confused? Also dh said Ian is in it twice, kinda odd looking. Dh really likes Earendil the best out of all of them. What do you think?

If its a girl we are still stuck with Autumn Rose...I really think we will have a girl.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#197 of 204 Old 08-18-2005, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI
i just noticed this thread. our baby girls name is goin to be Kaulini Priya. !
Oh, that's a beautiful name. You could call her "Lini" for short, too...

Michelle, I really like Ian Kaeden. I think it flows nicely...Hayden too...that would sound nice. If you don't like that, though...Lorian seems gender neutral, so unless you told them, I don't think anyone would even know it's a girl's name.
#198 of 204 Old 08-19-2005, 01:27 PM

We are three weeks away from EDD. Our names have changed so many times since we found out we were pregnant. DH really wants to wait to pick a specific name until we see the baby and see who they look like. But we do have several of each gender picked out.

Boy- Zavien Andrew, Blake Alexander, Phoenix James, & Lucius Gabriel
Girl- Thailea Anne, Lexia Lee, Brooklyn Jade, Payton Elaine, & Larissa Marie

Zavien and Thailea we made up(they may exist but I've never heard of them), they are the most likely choices for this baby
Blake and Lexia are more common but I like them, they aren't DH favorites
Phoenix & Brooklyn are DH second favorite, I like Brooklyn
Lucius is not my family's favorite but we like okay
Payton & Larissa we like but aren't favorites

Can't wait to meet precious baby!
#199 of 204 Old 08-19-2005, 05:19 PM

opps i forgot to add pronounciations ofr the names...ha,ha. kaulini is pronounced ka-lean-e and priya is pronounced pree-ya

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#200 of 204 Old 08-31-2005, 12:56 PM

for a girl we are thinking Rhiannon, Morrigan, Aoife, or my favorite, Dakota
for a boy, Noah, Adam, Dylan or Asher
#201 of 204 Old 09-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaniee
That's why we keep our name a secret! No one cares once the baby is here, they have better things to focus on. :LOL
I think that's really wise. We spilled our potential names to friends and relatives and I was surprised to learn that people will come right out and say "what a HORRIBLE name". Um, okay. So it will be a little awkward now if we name the baby a name someone has been so negative about. And it's not like any of them were something really outrageous like Coca Cola Classic. :LOL
#202 of 204 Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldasMom
I think that's really wise. We spilled our potential names to friends and relatives and I was surprised to learn that people will come right out and say "what a HORRIBLE name". Um, okay. So it will be a little awkward now if we name the baby a name someone has been so negative about. And it's not like any of them were something really outrageous like Coca Cola Classic. :LOL
Well Coca Cola Classic is better than Auto Science, or some of the other off the wall names that celebs have used for their kids names. But no one would forget your name with something THAT unique! :LOL

#203 of 204 Old 09-04-2005, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldasMom
Coca Cola Classic. :LOL
:LOL
#204 of 204 Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 AM

We keep switching gears on names...
We had decided on Aurelia for a girl and Liam Vaughn for a boy. We've decided against Liam.
My niece passed away last month and I want to form a first/middle name for baby from the letters of her name (Emmaleigh Elizabeth).
Names we're considering: Boy - Atlee/Atlae, Béla, Bazil...(Vaughn/Harlan to be combined (DH family names)
Girl - DH HOOKED on Aurelia (Ralie for short), Gael/Gaela, Mae, Aliah, Hazel, Atlei/Atleigh/Atlae, Baila/Bailah/Baela...

Also interested in any other combinations of letters from Emmaleigh's name...
& OPINIONS WELCOME!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page