Weekly Thread- August 1-7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I spent the night in L&D last night with an uncertified ob on call! I really hate dr's that don't listen to the patients. There was a specific reason I wanted to have an internal last night, but the dumba$$ b*tch wouldn't let the nurse do it because it "might" stir things up. But I was having an extreme amount of cervical activity last night during the 5 1/2 hrs that I was there. Yet I am getting from the nurse, well I can't do anything without the dr's order. So I had blood work done to make sure that I am not developing pre-e {which at this point I am not}. They kept me monitered for the entire time that I was there, and they checked my bp every hour. I don't mind the bp checking or the monitering in this instance, but not listening to a mother that is going through her 3rd pg is rediculous IMO. I needed to know what was going on down there for my own peace of mind since I know how dilated and effaced I was with ds at 35 wks. I was 50% effaced and dilated to 1/2 a cm. I have learned from experience that when I start this process, once it gets to 50% I have about 2 wks {give or take a day to two} before labor. If I am past 80% I have about a wk before baby comes. So for my peace of mind I wanted to know, and now I am going crazy! How freaking stupid!!! Now I know that internals don't mean a thing other than where you are at the time, but still, you all can understand my frustrations right? It isn't like I was asking to be checked every half hour/hour. Just the one time. But since my bp finally came down, they sent me home saying rest, relax, drink lots of fluids, etc. Basically do what I have been doing. {MORONS!!!}

Today has been pretty good, but I will be going to bed early so that I can catch up on the sleep I got to miss out on last night. Ds has been doing so great at daycare. It is such a relief to have him there for a few hours a day so I can just chill out.

Sounds like everyone is having interesting weeks this week. I hope it is all smooth sailing from here on out! I am so out of it right now, I hope to be able to give personal replies tomorrow after I have had some sleep. Take care everyone!

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 PM

Erin...It sounds like you're doing a bit better today - what a scare yesterday! My dh is in heaven - he does eat meat normally, but usually only gets to when we go to my parents' or sister's house or out to eat because I'm the one buying the groceries! I think he's hoping I don't go back to not wanting meat after Moonbaby's birth!

Goldie...TAKE CARE of yourself!!! Sending ~*~stay put baby~*~ vibes your way for as long as you need them!!! Have a good rest tonight and take it easy!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 PM

Goldie ~ Are you feeling any better? I dohate when dr's wont' listen!! I'm getting so afraid of having a hospital birth because of this!

I'm having a lot of contractions, nothing too painful, just annoying, they make me want to move around a lot and sometimes I just cant. my lower back has gotten worse as well, more of a pinching pain than a dulling one. Aside from all his I'm feeling great! I've been reading Ina May's a guide to childbirth, it's making me feel so good! I love all of it! It's funny because it's backing up so much of how I live. I try not to watch too much television because I know how the drama of all can affect how I live my daily life. I listen to my body more than I do the Dr's nonsense, I try to keep myself in tune to the world around me without getting obsessed with it. Everyting I'm reading is making me feel more empowered and at peace with how I'm feeling right now even though it may not physically be that fun for me. I can't explain how excited I feel right now! I'm also very tired so I think I'll go lay down again.

Untill tomorrow......
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Goldie...How are you doing today? I hope you're well!

Erin...Get some rest and stop those contractions! I hope your back feels better soon! I LOVE Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - I'll be taking out my copy tonight to do some reading, since I totally don't feel like cleaning out the downstairs bedroom - which I've been putting off for several weeks now!

Mean, vile food commercials. There is no chocolate in this house - NONE. How dare they have commercials featuring chocolatey things when I'm pregnant and have no chocolate in the house?!? : :LOL

My hip was feeling a bit better yesterday and today - until I sat down this evening after 3.5 hours at the science center with my kids and an afternoon of doing little things here and there around the house. I'm now on my birth ball, hoping it will feel better so I can do some yoga and actually sit back and relax later!

My finances are really stressing me out now. We're SO BEHIND on bills and my dh's work owes him over $200! They've taken out $ every week for health insurance, which he cancelled (according to the health insurance company, as of July 1!). That money would make it possible to pay both of the two major bills I NEED to pay (instead of picking one bill over the other!), not to mention buy food ... and gas for dh to get to work! If the money isn't in dh's paycheck next week, I'm going to make him call HR and make them write him a check for it that day. ARGH!

The wait to find out if the people are really going to buy the van is killing me!!! Hopefully only 10 days or so more to wait....and hopefully it will be SOLD!!!

I have almost everything I need for the birth. Yippee! I'm getting SO EXCITED!!! I lay in bed nursing Haley to sleep every evening and just close my eyes and invision Moonbaby's labor and birth. My midwife appointment is tomorrow - I can't wait! (And I hope my mommy will buy me some chocolate! )

Old 08-04-2005, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

TOMORROW IS PAYDAY!! WOOHOO I can order my birth kit! Amanda, I'm so sorry about dh's stupid company!! I hate being owed back pay!

Tomorrow is the last day I have to go sit with my brother. Thankfully! Not that I don't love him, but I AM TIRED! I also have a ton of stuff to catch up on at home, so it's going to be a busy weekend...unless mom invites me to the water park

I keep losing my train of thought, I'm sorry I haven't been as much of a poster as usual this week. Hopefully we'll get to stay home next week and I can resume my 'normal' day.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 PM

Amanda, I am doing pretty well. Just been trying to relax most of the day. My children seem to have lost my glasses, so I have been having to wear my contacts which I can only do for about 8-9 hours. I hope your mw appt goes well tomorrow and that your Mom will get you some chocolate. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that your dh gets the money that his company owes him. It is always nice to be able to pay your bills.

Erin, I hope that all is well with you today. I know that trying to take it easy and drinking water and other fluids til I feel like I am going to float away has helped a bit with the contractions. I am having troubles with an irritable uterus this time, and it likes to contract pretty good when the baby gets to being active. At least I know that she will be fine when we hit the real thing though since she is a champ through the ones now. I swear that the heat just isn't nice on pregnant women! Freak snow storm please!

I hope that all is well with the rest of you. You are all in my thoughts. Take care. I will check back in later.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:55 AM

Hello ladies!

As I have said in another post, I am not ready at all to receive little Claudia. I don't know why, but I feel like I have a lot of time to prepare things and I haven't even started to wash her cloths... Besides, weeks ago I had a lot of contractions every evening, but now they have disappeared! And Claudia is really, really high, I mean, it looks like she is doing nothing to get ready for labor...

Amanda: thanks for that link! There are really good tips to turn from transverse to vertex. I had no idea about that. DD moves a lot and now, like she has lots of place! I hope you will get the money soon to pay the bills...

Cuqui: how lovely your dd!

Goldie: take care of yourself and relax as much as possible!

Erin: how are you doing? I hope your back is better.

I think that's all for today!
Have a nice weekend!
Olivia
Old 08-05-2005, 12:52 PM

Happy Friday everyone! I can't believe it is Friday already. This week has just been dragging by for me, but at the same time OMG its Friday already! This of course will be nice since dh will be home and we will finish up a few things off the to do list. Yay!

DD and ds are taking their bath, so that will kill a little bit of time before the mail gets here. After that we will finally be able to get the day under way. I am just glad the mail guy comes in the mid-morning and not the afternoon. My day is much less stressful that way. I need to get my glasses readjusted so that they fit my face. One or the other of my kiddos bent the heck out of them. What fun right?

I hope everyone has a good day. Take care and I will check in later.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Good Morning Mama's!! Ok, so it's almost 11:00, but hey. "The Boys" are watching Scooby Doo, and I'm catching up online a little bit.

Im also waiting on baby to get some good moving in. She's been quiet this morning. Makes me a bit nervous, but she has moved. I think I'll give her another half hour before I call the doctors office. I know they are going to tell me to drink something and lay down, so I've been drinking and relaxing here on the sofa for about 10 minutes so far. I've had a braxton hicks....but baby is still quiet. I can feel her when I press on my belly, and that gets a reaction, but UGH..sometimes it's so hard to be pregnant...all you do is worry. : But not to worry, if she doesn't get going I WILL call! Even if I have to take both the boys with me I'll go.

If nothing else happens we plan to go swimming at my grandmothers apartment complex again. We spent 3 hours there on Wednesday, can NOT forget the sunscreen today!!

I am going insane!! I'm so sleepy...thank goodness it's payday, I can get more prenatals and alfalfa that I ran out of about the time we ran out of money! Plus I need to get some Vit. E for perineal massage...it's gonna be an expensive grocery trip tomorrow now that I have to stop at the herb shop!

Well, more next time I get on, love ya ladies!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 08-05-2005, 01:09 PM

Amanda, I hope your girl is just relaxing with you and not having a very active day at this point. I am sure she will pick up with the movements as the day wears on. I notice my girl does this. Contrary children! :LOL I hear ya about this weeks grocery bill being more expensive cause of the herb shop. I have to get more cranberry pills and a few other vits. Swimming sounds like great fun! To bad dh is like swim trunk phobic. I think it has something to do with being skinny. But still, it would be really great for all of us to get to the pool for a bit this summer since it has been so psychotically hot! Yes, don't forget the sunscreen! I have some in my car and on my keychain just in case I forget. Have a good day!

Old 08-05-2005, 02:05 PM

i've been having contractions as well. nothing painful. i am sure just braxton hicks., right? i never had it with pg #1, wasn't planning on calling my mw since i have an appt on monday.

the week has gotten much better. ds and i are back in sync.

i haven't gotten anything out yet. it's almost like it hasn't hit me yet that we are having another baby in 4-5 weeks. i really need to get on it with my homebirth kit. i have not gathered anything yet. i know my mw is going to get on me for that!

have a great weekend. my dh is actually taking a day off tomorrow! (he hasnt' had one in 2 weeks)
Old 08-05-2005, 06:51 PM

Jeanie, glad that you and your ds are back in sync with each other. That makes things easier. How awesome that your dh is taking a day off! I am sure that you and your ds will both enjoy having him home for the day.

I have my mw appt on Monday as well and I am soooo looking forward to it! I wanna gripe to her about how idiotic Dr. ****** has once again been in dealing with me. She was on my bad side from the second she walked in the door when I had to see her for one of my appts. *Argh* Okay, enough venting on that. 36 wk appt already! How exciting!

Dh and I are planning to get the 3rd bedroom all done with this weekend. That will be the last really major thing to get done before baby gets here. That is really freaking cool! I feel like we are actually accomplishing things.

I went to a few yard sales today and picked up a set of jumbo lincoln type logs it is a 93 piece set for $1.00 a whole buck! I was thrilled. I would have paid five for it. LOL I got a few other toys for the kids and one toy for the baby. I am done with toys for awhile. I need to weed through the toys I have so that I can sell some to New To You Kids. I imagine they would be happy to take some of the things off my hands. They would pay me a a little bit for them, or give me store credit or something. I think I will be picking up another sling from there as well. Nice to get one for 8.50 instead of 40.00. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later!

Old 08-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Hi Mamas!

Here's the all about me, too tired to read post - I'll catch up after I get the kids to bed and eat something!

I had my mw appointment / girls' day out today - MW appointment went well, short and sweet (as not much is going on with me). Moonbaby seems to be growing well, I didn't gain any weight, my bp is up a little but still well within reason (but I've been stressing about finances since getting up this am!), and I got the mw's cell and pager numbers just in case I need them anytime soon. My next mw appointment is my home visit - which isn't for another three weeks (I'll be one day shy of 37 weeks!). I have an OB consult appointment a week from Monday, though.
Girls' day out- we had a nice, if sloooow, lunch and then went to the book store we've been dying to go to - and it was closed : - so we went to the "chocolate store" (a tradition of sorts - my dd's favorite part of the day!) and my mom treated me to chocolate - so I now have a stash in my fridge!

I now have to wrangle the overtired kids into bed (even though it isn't even 6pm yet!!!) and get to work on the downstairs bedroom. Did I mention the kids got me up at 3:45 this morning - and dh had fallen asleep on the couch and didn't get up until 5:15?!? He did make me a cheese omelette and bacon this morning for breakfast, so I guess he made up for it!

Speaking of dh - the $ will be in his paycheck next week. I'm very relieved, but won't be convinced until I see it!!! He has to work first shift tomorrow (leaving at 4:30AM!), has Sunday off (he'll stay home and clean out the basement while I take the kids to my parents - and hopefully the people who are interested in the Jeep will come by with their mechanic to check it out then), and then has to work on Monday, which was supposed to be our day together to get stuff done. My parents will have the kids all day, but since dh is working, I'll have the house TO MYSELF all day - I'll take advantage of that time to get lots of stuff done around the house AND take some time to myself and relax in the tub for a while ... or maybe I'll pick up my birth pool this weekend and test it out on Monday. Now that would be relaxing!

I REALLY have to get my kids to bed now - they're almost literally at each other's throats, except they're dueling with wands and "spells", so it's just loud, not violent! :LOL

I hope everyone is having a great day and will catch up with the posts later!!!

Old 08-05-2005, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Amanda, BUSY day! Have a chocolate for me..YUM!

Just to let ya'll know, baby finally started moving when I called the OB's office. I was waiting for a call back for HALF AN HOUR. Geeze. My MW was at a prenatal, so I didn't want to bother her for too long, but I did call her to let her know what was going on, and again when she (baby) moved enough for me to calm down. Now she's bumpin around cause I"M HUNGRY...but eatting dinner .

Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM

I have no thad a chance to rad all the posts but wanted to pop in an dsay hi! I've been running around like crazy all day and now that I'm home i have lot's more to do. The contractions have gotten better, I didn't do much yesteday when I got home, just read and relaxed! I should make dinner though, I didn't last night and tonight I'm headed in the same direction!

I have to catch up on my budget, I have a lot to pay off before this baby arrives and I'm not sure it'll happen! I'm updating my computer so I'm not sending everyone viruses anymore It finally cooled off last night and I got some good sleep, I hope it's the same tonight.

I hope everyone is taking care of themselves!! We're getting to a stage where we need to take care of our bodies! Soon, we won't be worried about ourselves anymore so nows the time!! I say everyone owes themselves a pedicure or something! If that isn't affordable, then bubble baths all around

I'm back to organizing my caos! Good weekends to all!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:11 PM

Wow, it sounds like everyone is so busy this week. I was supposed to be very busy this week, but my basement cleaning landed me on modified bedrest due to contractions. I really tried to take it easy and work slow while taking lots of breaks, but it didn't seem to matter much. Dh did all the lifting for me, so I didn't even do that. So, I have 2.5 weeks of modified bedrest and then my midwife doesn't care what I do because I will be 36 weeks. lol. I did manage to clean a lot of my basement though (before I got the contractions of course)- 6 bags of clothes and stuff went to the salvation army and 7 bags went out to the dumpster. 2 big bags of craft stuff went to my grandmother. It feels so freeing to get rid of all the extra stuff that we don't need.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:23 AM

Happy Saturday, Mamas!

I don't know what to do today. I don't feel like getting the kids dressed. I don't feel like leaving the house with three children, chasing them around in this heat, using expensive gas, etc. - especially since we have no money at all to spend on anything so wouldn't be able to do much. On the other hand, the kids may go stir crazy if I don't get them out of the house! Maybe I'll invent some birth projects for the kids to do while I get some cleaning done. The fleas have retreated off the carpets to the tile/vinyl floors, so I need to do a good vacuuming/scrubbing of the floors to try to get rid of the last of them!!! I'm tired of itching! (I cleaned up the kitchen/dining room a bit last night and got some new bites...I was NOT happy!)

Amanda - Happy to hear your little girl finally decided to cooperate! Moonbaby has days like that, and as soon as I'm convinced something may be wrong, s/he starts dancing around!

Goldie...great yard sale finds! My kids LOVE lincoln logs! Good luck getting the third bedroom done - I'm going to be working on our third bedroom today, too!

Angie...Take care of yourself! It sounds like you got a TON of work done on your basement ... sorry to hear you're on bedrest! If you need anything, let me know!

I better find something for the kids and myself to eat for breakfast...dh left for work at 4:30 this morning (shortly before the kids got up!) and he usually takes care of breakfast. At least he should be home by 3:30 - when I'm planning on taking a nap!!!

Old 08-06-2005, 11:54 AM

More mad nesting...I have been painting (again), and have finished the boy's room in a pretty chambray blue. It's been too hot to play outside, and the kidlets have been creative with crafts but are getting stir crazy. Happily, we're meant to have better weather over this weekend, and DH is home tonight for a few days. (Yay!)

I'm at 37 weeks this coming Wed. ('due' the 31st), and am starting to get a wee bit concerned about DH making it home on time for the homebirth. He's an airline pilot, so will be of little use to me if he's on the west coast while I'm laboring. (Just the drive from the airport to home takes about 1hr!) I have a friend who is taking the kids during labor, and as she was a doula & bradley instructor, I wouldn't mind having her stick around if DH takes a while. He has taken off two weeks over my due date and can kind of move a few days around, so I'm counting on everything just working itself out. I'm not even going to dwell on the fact that it takes the midwife just under an hour to get here. :LOL

Contractions here and there, and often lots of pressure. Baby is *still* posterior. Interesting mucus on occasion. My mom calls twice a day now, and is slowly driving me nuts. I tend to go 41wks, so I don't know *why* I'm getting my hopes up for a sooner rather than later birth. There's still so much to do! Just so I don't go 43wks, I'm going to start taking the EPO, and up the RRL tea! :LOL

On Wed., I have a T-ball picnic to go to for DS, and am not so much looking forward to it. It seems like everyone in the neighborhood wants me to be huge and miserable, and eager to hear awful birth stories. I feel compelled to do cartwheels into the picnic pavillion, or something equally absurd. Gah! DH has to go out on a trip that day, so it won't be cartwheels...it will be shepherding three kids and a fruit salad or something all by myself. Which I can manage quite well (or at least appear to for an hour or so), but dread it all the same. I hate social gatherings, which is why I married Mr. Social-People-Person.

Hope everyone is enjoying these last weeks...I'm really getting excited. I keep my birth bead necklace on my dresser when I'm not wearing it, and have hung a print of a fully bloomed rose over it. I had my home visit last Wed., and my MW told me it was time to double make the bed, so I did that yesterday. All of the supplies are in order...I just have to sort out the meals & snacks. *starts another obessive list*

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Simply! I think I'd go crazy if dh were an airline pilot! My dh is a contractor, and sometimes it takes him 2 hours to get home from a job site, so...I'm going to have to be extra vigilant when I think I'm in labor before I call him home...but of course I don't want him to miss anything. And my mw lives about 90 minutes away too! LOL There were 2 mw's that were closer, but I couldn't afford them!

Old 08-06-2005, 07:25 PM

My dh works about 45 minutes - 1.5 hours from home, depending on time of day/traffic. I usually labor at night - and he usually gets home around 10:45/11PM, so hopefully he'll get home around the time my labor is picking up or I'll go into labor when everyone's in bed! I labor best alone, so the odds of me going into labor during the day are slim to none, considering I have my three kids with me all the time!

Depending on where they are at the time, the midwives are anywhere from a half hour to 1hr 15 minutes from me. (Their office is a little more than an hour from me, but one lives closer.)

Dh is making pizza for dinner with the kids, and after dinner the kids are going right to bed - at 4:00 they were asking when bedtime was because they're tired!!! I'm RAVENOUS because I wasn't feeling that well this morning/early afternoon (felt better after ignoring housework and taking a nap!) so didn't eat much. I have a feeling I'll eat lots of pizza and then end up making myself more food at around 9pm.

I'm so excited about Monday - my parents will have the kids all day, dh will be at work, and I'll be in a cleaning and cooking frenzy! I'm going to clean the entire downstairs and rearrange the downstairs bedroom (guest room/playroom) to make it more suitable to labor and/or birth in. I'm also going to brown a bunch of ground turkey and freeze it (takes less room than freezing 6 qts of chili - after baby's born I can just throw the meat, beans, etc. in a crock pot and turn it on!) and roast a turkey (had to get it out of my freezer to make room for post-baby meals!), which we'll eat some of, I'll make turkey stock from, and I'll freeze some for post-baby meals. I'll just have to make stuffing and cranberry sauce as well ... my dh and kids will love it! I can feel nesting coming on full blast now....this could be dangerous!!! :LOL

Old 08-06-2005, 07:41 PM

Amanda, sounds like you will be having a busy day on Monday. I hope that the rest of your weekend goes smoothly until then though. I will be finishing up the 3rd bedroom tonight if it is the last thing I do! Tomorrow is the Riverfest Car show that dh really wants to go to. I am hoping that if we go during the earlier morning that we will be able to avoid some of the really nasty heat. Then tomorrow afternoon we will be headed down to Milwaukee to celebrate dh's Grandpa's birthday. That should be interesting as it will be the first time in about 6 months that the whole family will have gotten together.

I hope that ds will be ok while we are there. I think with both dh and I there and having dd on hand as well will help ds. Keep your fingers crossed that my boy doesn't freak out and turn into a leech.

We are on our way out the door to see if we can't get our hands on a toddler bed for dd. It would be nice to get her into her big girl room and at least start getting her used to sleeping somewhere other than with Mommy and Daddy. I will check in later and let you know my progress. LOL :LOL

User Tag List