Mothering Forum banner

A clone to care for my kid, please.

594 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Katt2005 
#1 ·
Okay, I'm posting this because I just need to get it off my chest. And because if I call my mom, she'll tell me I need antidepressants. AND because I'm feeling too reclusive to call any friends.

I feel so sad. I feel like everything's going wrong. I tested positive for GBS, so I'm shoving garlic up myself every two seconds. I had some cushions made for a window seat and rocking chair, and I swear they're pink. I wanted red. I picked out the fabric, but now everything looks pink. My husband says they're red, but I'm fairly certain that he's saying it so I won't flip. I'm crying every two seconds over something and nothing at the same time. I clean my house every day, every hour...and I have the messiest house ever. My husband's birthday is tomorrow and I have nothing for him. Oh and I have v bangs and I think they make me look like a man. But I'm also a little fat everywhere, so I don't want to cut them in case I really look like a man because I'm so huge. Plus, if I cut them, they're pretty much short, short, short bangs. And I don't want those either. Lesser of two evils is the v bangs that may or may not make me look like a man. Lastly, my poor son needs a nicer mother. This is the only time I think a clone could come in handy. A nice clone for my kid while I gestate. And on top of all of this, I know that nothing is really going wrong and I am so lucky to be where I am. The end.
:

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm sorry your going through this, if it helps your not alone. I have started to have some pretty rough days, feeling inadequate in all aspects of my life, motherhood, professionally and as a wife. I'm gaining too much weight, I forget everything and the things I remember I don't remember right.

When I go to sleep at night I think about how much better tomorrow will be, I wake up refresh myself with a shower and try to have a better day than the one before, it works most of the time. Also making sure i get enough sleep helps, I'm much more irratic when i'm tired. Singing, dancing, crying, yoga are all things that help me release some of the bad stuff I'm feeling, also laughter, watch a funny movie or read the comics, laughter is always good!

I hope you feel better soon!

#6 ·
I think a clone is next on my wish-list, too. I am having a really hard time keeping up with DD during the day. I can't even keep up with regular housekeeping. I was so proud of myself today for putting away all the laundry after folding it only once. (DD usually makes it necessary to fold at least 3 times, and by the third time, I give up and leave the laundry basket on the dryer.)

Back and pelvic pain make bending over to pick things up very difficult.
I can't count how many times I have looked around at the state of things and just cried. To top it off, MIL comes in at least once a day to have a good look.
:

I know I'll get through these tough times, though. The mornings keep coming, and soon our family will have one more beautiful baby to love.

Let's hang in there together!!!

#7 ·
It sucks when you feel down about everything all at once. It is tough to be rational when you are pg. I have had many episodes of terrible unhappiness this pregnancy. I also have had major haircut issues too. I think the answer is 1) don't get a haircut when pg, and 2) don't worry b/c your hair will grow back quickly b/c you are pg. I got a bad haircut in June and you can't even tell now. Plus, headbands (stretchy or hard) are in style now so maybe you could hide your bangs with that.

#8 ·
Oh hugs mama!!! I bet it's tough, it seems like everything is either going right or going wrong. Have yourself a yummy dinner, a warm bath with some candles and go to bed early!! ((Hugs hugs hugs)) It'll be over be for you know it! I for can't decide if I'm ready to give birth or want her to stay in there until ds starts Pre-k! LOL

#9 ·
Thanks everyone. Today is a better day. Had a midwife appointment, which I always love. Then took DS swimming like a good mother should. :) Found DH a couple of retro shirts at the thriftstore (2 for $3). And the bangs might even be kind of cute. The cushions on the other hand are still a little pink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.