Mothering Forum banner

what to pack for c section birth for hospital stay??

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ~Megan~ 
#1 ·
To all the pros..Do you have a good idea what to pack in your bag for the hospital for a c section? Thanks
:

See less See more
#2 ·
Ive never had a c-section myself, but I would suggest a nursing pillow, a pillow or two of your own!! It will not be easy to get comfortable, so the pillows can be placed behind your back so that you can get comfy laying on your side.

#3 ·
A cd player with good music. Nursing gown or something you can nurse in and not be topless because there are a lot of people coming in and out- adn not just nurses and docs, either. Also, we packed an ice chest of drinks and beer (seriously) - it was great for my husband to be able to relax. A good book and your la laeche breast feeding book. Another tip, get up and take a shower asap and walk a lot- we were able to leave the hospital 48 hours after the section, but I refused narcotic pain meds and took hourly walks to ge things going so they would let me leave. Last thing- if you can send your husband home to sleep the day or night before you go home. Otherwise you are so exhausted that neither of you can function. Good luck.

#4 ·
A post pardum belt for laying on your side to nurse.
Other than that I never packed anything special.
I did request TED hose for my legs to prevent the swelling that occurred with 1st c/s. I would suggest you do the same, nothing is worse than all that IV fluid pooling in your legs so that they are as big at the ankles as they are at the thighs.
Take it easy and move slowly. Don't try and do too much, you'll need more pain meds if you do (BTDT).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.