Has everyone washed their dipes and newborn stuff yet, or installed the car seat? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-10-2005, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow you ladies seem to be on top of things. I'm mentally prepared but don't have anything actually in motion. This weekend will mark 35 weeks for me and I set an alarm for myself to start washing clothes this weekend. My plan is to start with onesies, socks, hats, gowns and terry sleepers. Then receiving blankets, sheets, towels, washcloths, and diapers. Then my nursing gowns, tops, and baby clothes. I also need to wash the boppy, car seat and swing covers. The car seat, swing and bassinette frames need to be cleaned as well. By 37 weeks I'll pack my bag. Don't know who's car we'll be coming home in so car seat will just come to hsptl with us. Rest of the time I'll be trying to stock what space I can in my freezer.

Mamas hope everyone gets to accomplish everything in time
#32 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 12:03 AM

I have washed and put away all the 0-3 and 3-6 clothes...and all our dipes. I don't even have the carseat in our possession right now though (my aunt borrowed it for my cousin's baby after Eben outgrew it), much less installed. Pretty much everything else is good to go though, but I'd like to do some cooking ahead and things like that if I can muster the energy. And if not...oh well. I was stressing for awhile, but I'm mellowing out some. The important stuff is all in order.
#33 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 AM

Diapers have had 4-5 prewashes and are under the changing table ready to go! Newborn clothes (like sleepers, comfy pants & onesies) are washed and in the drawers. I think I will ask Dh to do the car seat late next week, just to make sure how it will fit but then I'll probably just leave the base in and take out the bucket. It will make the days go even longer if I have to see an empty car seat I think.

...4 weeks until EDD...
#34 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 AM

Just got my infant CPFs yesterday and have put them through 1 wash and dry cycle. I'll tackle the other 2 later today (I hope).
#35 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

WOW! I suddenly feel REALLY disorganized! :LOL I have a gigantic to-do list but it includes things like "Clean out the chest freezer" and "Reorganize Bella's closet"--stuff I know I'll never have time to do for like, the next two years, but that's been driving me crazy. I got DH going on the car seat prep, but I have to clean it all off and wash the cover first (it's been sitting in the garage). I'll be cooking my first freezer meal this week (chicken soup/stew, hence the cleaning of the freezer), but I'm not too stressed about that part because my mom will be over pretty frequently and cooks up a storm.

I'm doing big mega laundry today, maybe I'll start prepping all the dipes at the same time. And maybe I'll wash the boy clothes (don't have much!) and a few outfits of girl clothes (and all the GN stuff, of course). It's so hard not knowing what we're having!

TIA everyone,

Melissa

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#36 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Just wondering what everyone is using to wash their clothes in. I like the Dreft smell but I'm not a big fan of it. I used tide free and clear for the boys, but just found out that tide isn't good for the dipes? Maybe I'll try all free and clear.

Any tips for getting out the yellow stains on the clothes. I just started looking at some the lil hats and gowns that have these spots on them. I don't recall them being there when I put the clothes away...........
#37 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 03:48 PM

I'm using Baby All. It's FAR cheaper than Dreft and is basically the same thing.
#38 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 04:00 PM

I prefer things without scent for brand-new-tiny noses.

I am using SportWash/Sensiclean since that is what I buy for the diapers anyway. I love that stuff! I use it on towels & sheets, too. Leaves things soft w/out softener additives.
#39 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 06:08 PM

I'll use baking soda/natural detergent to wash baby's clothes. We don't use much in the way of detergents and chemicals in our house. (Mostly vinegar and/or baking soda!)

Yellow stains - see if they come out with a normal wash (don't dry the items w/ the yellow staining if they don't come out!). If not, something like oxyclean may work.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#40 of 41 Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 PM

We use Trader Joes detergent or other natural ones if I don't make it down there before we run out. I don't use regular detergent on anything because I have very sensitive skin and figure my kids probably will also.
#41 of 41 Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 AM

I have Baby All for clothes and such, and Method for dipes.

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page