Weekly Thread: August 22-28 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#2 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 PM

Good MORNING! I got to sleep late, and right now Jack is watching Dragon Tales, so Im in a GREAT mood! Today I don't have to do much, at least not in the way of cleaning! YEAH, but that doesn't mean I won't FIND stuff to clean later. I do have to go to Publix to pick up what I couldn't find at Walmart on Friday, and I need to stop at Target first to pick up film for my pictures tomorrow. Man, last week I had a great week, busy with cleaning for my home visit which went very well, and this week looks like it will be a good week of keeping the house clean and chilling!

Ohya, I forgot to mention, I am horrible about 'practice what you preach" and asked my MW to check me when she was here on Satuday. My cervix was a little posterior so she didn't pull it forward to get a good feel, but I am very soft about 1 cm,maybe could be streached to 2, but she didn't try, and about 20%. I had her check me since she's 1.5 hrs away, and dh can be 3 hrs sometimes from the house...so I know how I can react when labor starts. I didn't have to worry about dh last time, he was 15 minutes away when he was at work!! Anyway...I feel like if I were to start contracting now that I could relax and let them do what they're gonna do for a good hour maybe 2 before I called dh home. And that's what I wanted to know. (and all this change...with OUT EPO...or sex! :LOL ....MY BODY ROCKS!)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#3 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Monday, everyone! Wow, the past week FLEW by!

What a week I have in store for me! Today I have to do TONS of cleaning in preparation for our midwife homevisit - including some that dh was supposed to have done by the end of the week last week but didn't get done. . He was up LATE last night trying to get the dishes done and the kitchen clean - it was amusing to me because he kept saying, "Where did all these dishes come from? I keep finding more and more dishes that need to be washed! I have SO MUCH to do!" and continued to freak out. Now he knows what I'VE been going through! He's going to have lots of late nights!!!

I am now without a birth pool, hose and pump! A friend of mine who is due this week called me in a panic after not hearing from the person she was getting a birth pool from for a couple weeks and asked to borrow my pool. I packed it all up and loaned it to her - her baby better be on time! :LOL She'll clean them up and return them to me as soon after the birth as possible (I told her I'd pick them up, as it would be a great excuse to get a peek at the baby! ). So....Moonbaby needs to stay in until Joseph is born and the pool is returned!

Tomorrow seems to be my only "free" day this week (besides errands and major cleaning that need to happen). Wednesday we have a playsocial, Thursday morning is my midwife homevisit, Thursday afternoon is a friend's son's birthday party (a messy birthday party!!!), and Friday I have SOMETHING important going on, but can't figure out what it is!!! My dd drew a nice picture over what I had written in my datebook, so I'm going to have to do some detective work to figure it out!

I'm feeling tired, achey, my hips and lower back hurt, but am really wanting to clean and cook and nest. I can't let myself cook anymore - I have NO MORE ROOM in my freezer! :LOL

I hope everyone is doing well! It's unbelievable that a week from Thursday is September 1st!!!

#4 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 12:36 PM

Good morning!

Amanda, I had my mw check me last week too...so don't worry. I swore that I'd have as few internals as possible, but while she was in there for the GBS I figured, hey, why not? No dilation yet, but I guess that's ok since I'm only 36w at this point!

Well, we had a very productive weekend. We decided that we would splurge and buy a camcorder with the money that we got from our insurance company (an accident that happened almost a year ago!...it's ridiculous how long that took..) So, we found the one we wanted, and I'm so excited to take videos of my little girl now! My parents never took any of us, and I was jealous when I saw all of the videos my IL's have of dh and his siblings. I think it's so nice to have something to look back on when they're a little older...

We were like teenagers again this weekend! Had two "parties" to go to. (if you call a few twenty/thirty-somethings hanging around eating dinner a "party") :LOL That was nice though...I even had a little bit of red wine for the first time in a long time (*gasp* I know...hehe...but it was nice to feel a bit relaxed for once!) Everyone likes to talk about the baby, and I'm just thinking...'I can't wait 'til she's here!"...I think these last four weeks are going to drag!

We got the mattress for the crib and dh installed our carseat base, so we're all set with that. I have some things to return to Macy's and would like to get some sheets for the crib and co-sleeper (which I have yet to get...but soon!) More organizing to come this week...
#5 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 01:30 PM

:LOL I swore I wouldn't be having any checks either & asked for one at my last weeks appt, too. I was 36w4d at the time. She said my cervix is firm & dialated to 1 all the way through & it's perfectly centered. What does position mean? I've never looked into the importance of where the cervix is positioned.

We have birthday's this week. My oldest will be 11 on Friday & my youngest will be 3 on Saturday. We're having a birthday party for both of them on Saturday morning & are renting a bounce house & having a BBQ with some friends & family. It should be a good time.

I've had two people in the past 2 days now ask me if there's "just one in there"......what's that about!? I swear I'm smaller than I was with my last, but apparently I look bigger to some. Either way it doesn't feel too good to see the surprised look on their faces when I say there's just one in there. Where's that "finger" smilie when I need it??

This weekend I spot cleaned the carpets & then went over them with a carpet cleaner machine. I made the kitchen sparkle & I cleaned the bathrooms thoroughly, too....makes me feel sooo much more at ease, knowing if I go into labor my mw won't be coming over to a messy/dirty house. Dh said to me yesterday that he's starting to really get excited for the baby to come. He keeps referring to him as Logan & so does my youngest, so that's probably his name. Though I do intend to hold out judgement until I meet him.

I have another mw appt. on Thursday morning. I don't plan on having her check me then but probably will in 2 weeks at my 39 week appt. I'm getting excited for the birth!!

Shannon
#6 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 03:11 PM

Shannon, the position of the cervix is simple, it's either posterior, midline or anterior. Anterior being pointed 'right' for birth. Mine could have been posterior because I had some bowel in there, or just because it hasn't lined up yet. Either way, they straighten out, sometimes it takes until labor to straighten out, but I think with ds mine was anterior when my induction was started, so it's not something I'm worried about. I'm pretty sure it was just from bowel, and possibly having to pee, not to mention baby's head was down there, about -2 already (for me already seeing as ds wasn't -2 until I started pushing). So..I know that if my body is opening, soft and thinning all on it's own, it'll straighten out too.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#7 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 03:19 PM

Hello...
I am wishing I was due earlier because I'm really starting to "feel" this pregnancy...all the achiness too, and I'm 35 weeks today. I might get my cervix checked at my next appt too because I'm having GBS test and also I've been having a ton of B/H and some real ctx too. With dd I didn't dilate or efface, I don't think, until two doses of cervadil and two days of pitocin, so if there's anything going on I'll be happy.

Last night I had a dream that I gave birth vaginally (I'm having a VBAC this time) and it was so fast my dh didn't even get there! Not that it's something to hope for :LOL but I woke up feeling really positive about how this birth will happen.

doulamommy, are you in Georgia? I read your other post about a baby shower, and I almost went to a birth network meeting yesterday but dd was very cranky (and she's 2.5) and I didn't want to subject everybody to that. Wondering if it was the same one, in Cobb? the shower sounds like fun!

my dh is out of town and comes back tomorrow night (he's been gone since Thursday) and I am counting the minutes....I am sooooooo cranky and impatient with dd!
#8 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 03:36 PM

We had a field trip this morning to Genessee Valley (a farm and outdoor learning center near us) this morning and now both of my kids are napping

My next appointment at the birth center is tomorrow so I'll update after that.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#9 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 04:46 PM

Hi Mamas! Another week already! WOW!

No baby yet. My contractions, which were strong and furious on Thursday and Friday, have slowed to every 20 min or so and just menstrual cramp-like. I suppose that’s good, because I’ve gotten sleep, gotten out of the house, and been able to relax a bit. I think that might be key right there… to relax.

I got into the chiropractor this morning and about barfed all over the guys shoes. Something is up with my tummy today. And that position (on my belly) certainly didn’t help it any. But the good news is I had an adjustment and he says my pelvis is in tip-top shape, and is holding corrections.

My midwife appt this afternoon was good. I got to cry a little out which was good! I really love my midwives in that I can be totally honest with them and deal with things. It's nice. Mostly talked about the prodromal labor stuff. Baby looks great, uterus looks great, BP great, urine fine. She checked me and my cervix hasn't changed since Thursday night (90% and 1 cm) but baby has moved down to -1, so that's progress. I'm so so soft, anterior and almost paper thin, so it's pretty much anytime now. I'm not going through all of this laboring for nothing. She ended our visit by saying "Make an appt for next week... I think we'll see you before then, but make it anyway" That was reassuring. Looks like she thinks this baby is coming within the week. We'll see.
#10 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Lots of us hanging around today. It sounds like you all are doing relatively well, considering we're all in the last weeks of pregnancy!

Michelle - Prodromal labor stinks! I hope things progress quickly for you - and soon! I had prodromal labor with Zachary and the key for me was being completely alone without anyone remotely close to come drive me to the hospital! :LOL As soon as my dh left for work (45 minutes away) and my mom left to bring my Dad to the airport (45 min-1hr away), my labor came on fast and furious. My mom finally got home, I told her I was going to try to rest, got in bed, launched out of bed, my water broke, we scrambled to the hospital where he was born - 2 hrs 46 min after my water broke. I was 2cm dilated 50-60% effaced when we arrived at the hospital (as i had been for a week) and went from 2-8 in 40 min and 8-10 in 5 min. It was intense, but my easiest birth! (And he was 9.5 lbs!)

Back to nesting...

#11 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM

That's the stories I love to hear. Thanks Amanda. I must remember that the universe has a plan for all of this- maybe it will cut me some slack and give me a super easy active labor! One can dream! But I've been hearing more and more stories like yours. Prodromal for a week or two and then a fast, furious, and easy active labor and delivery!
#12 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Goldie.....where are you????

Sending ~*~*~*~ELV~*~*~*~ your way just in case!

#13 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 PM

Hi Mamas! I've been having a over week of on & off contractions, usually peaking every evening, and lasting for 3 or 4 hrs. Some are *so* sharp, mostly in the front & the cervix. Kind of like period cramps, and lots of pressure on my pelvic floor. No building, rythmic contractions of 'real' labor, but still getting things moving a bit. Last week I was 3cm, today my MW told me I was almost 4, and 60% effaced. Cervix is still posterior, a bit. (Which I use not so much as a prediction of when labor is going to start, but as encouragement that all of this 'discomfort' is accomplishing something!) Baby has turned from posterior to facing my left thigh...so I think all of this is working to get him anterior before he engages. That's my hope, anyhow! I was kind of wishing that they'd yell "OMG, you're a good 6...run home & fling chux pads over every surface!" I find that everytime I go to the bathroom, I'm looking for the elusive mucus plug. And waiting for my water to break...pop-SPLOOSH! Gah. I need to think about other things. :LOL

DH does have one more trip scheduled before his vacation after all...he leaves Wed. morning & is back Sat. afternoon. I think we'll just take the pretty good odds that the baby won't be out till he's back, 3 days before I'm 'due'. I think I'd rather have the hustle of getting him home on time, than the stress of having him stay, and nothing happening for weeks! My MW's assistant asked me what my gut feelings were about how soon labor was. After thinking about it, I realized that my gut told me that I would have a slow buildup to a longish labor rather than a sudden, unexpected labor. Anyhow, that's been my pattern so far, and nobody in my family has gone 'early'. So, we'll see.

My mother is calling me twice a day now. I am going crazy. At least, the two oldest kids are going back to school on Thurs. I think I need the quiet of having only a preschooler in the house.

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
#14 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 07:30 PM

I'm now officially bored at work. Friday was a total day-from-hell, with deadlines and missed deadlines (not mine, but I had to fix them!) all over the place. But that seems to have been it. I think people now think that I'm off on my maternity leave, so nobody's been calling me.

This morning, I've done all my filing and cleared out all my personal stuff so that my replacement can move in anytime. All I have left to do is a bit of archiving of my electronic files, and That Is It! (And that's happening right now while I'm typing this.)

This situation kind of makes up for the one at home. The city is repaving the street ouside my house, so we've got those big pavers and grinders starting up at 7 am, and waking DS1 up much too early. And on top of that, we've got roofers doing our roof for the next 3 days, then the gutter guys will come in and take down our gutters, and then the painters come in from Thursday until early next week, and then the gutter guys come back to put the gutters back up. Yikes!

Home improvement sucks, but I am looking forward to the results once everything's done. And I'm looking forward to having DH get some sleep from now on every time it rains. Last year we had to get our drain tiles re-done because we had flooding in the basement; this year he worried about the roof through the spring rains.

The baby is wriggling well and low. I've got b-h contrax all the time, and yeah, they're getting a little more painful as the days wear on. I didn't have too many contrax over the weekend, but it was a lovely and relaxing weekend. We had a bunch of friends come over last night for a potluck, and that was also a lot of fun.

My to-do list is getting much smaller, my hospital bag is getting much larger, and I'm really looking forward to meeting DS2. We cleaned out the spare bedroom last week and set up the Amby for him, so I'm feeling quite prepared at this point. Oh, and my mom filled my freezer with frozen homemade wontons, so I'm good for emergency meals for a while. (I do wontons in thai spicy tom yum broth with some broccoli or other veg -- boils up in one pot, and is super yummy!)

I've got a dr's appt tomorrow morning, but that's just a regular weekly checkup. He doesn't believe in internal checks unless there's something wrong, so I'm not going to ask for an internal check. This is funny because with DS1, I thought there was something wrong with my doctor -- all the other moms (on a mainstream board) were getting internal checks, and mine wouldn't do it, which makes him pretty rare amongst most obs-gyns.
#15 of 68 Old 08-22-2005, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I am so excited for everyone who is having contractions or effacing. I never went into labor with ds (was induced) and so am having a hard time imagining 4-6 more weeks including painful, false/preparatory labor. We'll see. Friday I have an ultrasound and I am excited. For some reason I keep thinking, what if they were wrong, what if the u/s shows girl parts?

I'm so tired of being nauseous and tired. I want to rip out my entire gastrointestional tract.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#16 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 06:22 AM

Hi Mamas!

Nothing exciting happening here on the labor front...but that's ok. We're still busy tying loose ends. We decided to try to get a doula to assist our labor just last week, and found someone we are meeting tonight. I'm pretty excited! She will also attend tomorrow's m/w appointment with me. And after those two meetings, our birth plan should be in order, and then it's OK for Arlo to come. :LOL

On the downside, we are still haggling over the middle name of our baby. DH will just NOT drop it that he wants Arlo to share FIL's middle name...and considering our absolutely awful relationship with FIL, I just cannot bring myself to agree. I could really rant about this, but I'm trying to mellow out b/c I've lost quite a good bit of sleep over it, and there's been quite a lot of arguing b/t DH and I over it, and I'm just worn out.

I realized when packing my birth bag, that in the entire dresser full of newborn clothes I'd washed and put away, there are only two things size 0-3 months! So yesterday, my grandma, mom, and I took a shopping trip to some oulets a couple hours north of where we live and picked up a couple really tiny things for the baby. I think I have a total of 5 cute little sleepers/outfits in a tiny size now, which should get us through the first couple weeks when our kiddo is really tiny.
#17 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 AM

Quote:
doulamommy, are you in Georgia? I read your other post about a baby shower, and I almost went to a birth network meeting yesterday but dd was very cranky (and she's 2.5) and I didn't want to subject everybody to that. Wondering if it was the same one, in Cobb? the shower sounds like fun!
Yep, probably the same one, we're the only birth network in GA. You should come to one, the only month we aren't holding one is December.

Will post more later, feeling crampy and my back hurts, so I'm gonna get off here...

Ok the crampy feeling is gone for now but my back still hurts. I'm just waiting on Calliou to be over so we can go to the chiro's office. Just what I need when my back hurts a 30 minute car trip...followed by a 5 minute adjustment.....and another 30 minute car trip. Oh well, at least I feel better after the adjustment. I'll have to remember a rolled up towel to sit on, and a pillow for behind my back.

Let's all hope the sun comes out! It is looking a little cloudy out there right now, which is ok. My maternity pictures are this evening, and I want it to be pretty weather. It can stay cloudy and cool(er) all day, but the sun needs to come out by 5:30 :LOL

I still have to take my floridix...lord help me I ran out of OJ and the stuff doesn't taste all that great....but I'm still gonna take it! I don't want to risk being anemic at the birth. Even though my MW has seen my labs from 5 wks, and we have the numbers from last week, and she thinks I'm probably in MY normal range...I wouldn't mind my level being back to at least a 10...it was 9.8, so it doesn't have much more to go. Actually I'd LOVE an 11 since it started at 12.1.

Anyway...enough of my I'll be around after I see the chiro I'm sure!

#18 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 11:34 AM

Hello mamas!! I tried to pop in yesteday, but it was a monday at work so i as busy!! My brothers wedding went well, my dress fit untill after dinner, then i had to pull it up a little to feel comfortable. This baby belly just keeps getting bigger! And recently it's started shifting down, sometimes I'm caught off guard by how low it seems, others it's just normal. I've had contractions on and off, nothing regular and nothing for a period of time, baby moves around a lot and I can feel her pintching different nerves and hten moving of them. I've been doing lot's of Pelvic rocks and our love life has a new fire underneath it! So I'm trying to prep myself and get things going a bit! I do want to make it to next week, I'll be 37 wks on Sunday and that seems good to me!

I started a major cleaning on sunday, I made a plan of action, starting upstairs and working my way down. The bathroom got the most intense cleaning it's seen in months!! The only thing really left is to wash the walls and vaccum upstairs. Since we had the new carpet put in it has been easier to keep it clean up there. Downstairs is probably helpless untill the wood floors get re-done, which probably won't happen untill february. We're going to be too busy planning a january wedding and taking care of a newborn! I'm probably going to have to do some under the table work for a friend of mine in order to pay for the wedding, I wouldn't need to have daycare in this case so it'll be all income!

I have to get to work now! I have a OB appointment this afternoon and again DS will be with me so I can avoid getting an internal. I hope you're all still doing well and keeping busy if you want to be! I know i am!
#19 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 01:06 PM

wow! i am so excited for everyone who is getting close. it sounds like we are all on the smae mission of last minute cleaning and prepping.

we had our home visit with the mw this weekend. it went really well. we invited those who would be attending the birth adn a neighbor who was a little nervous about us doing this at home. everyone was set at ease. my mw and i looked at our space and she made some suggestions of where i could birth. i got so excited about one thing she mention. we have a gazebo on our back patio with a fly screen. we have it right outside our bedroom slider kind of like a screened in porch. we have no neighbors on that side and no one behind us, so she suggested, (if i wanted to) we could put the birthing pool out there with the fresh air. it just gave me chills i was so excited!

well, baby in the belly has already attend her first rock concert! dh took me to see tom petty for my birthday over the weekend. it was so awesome. we actually got in free because he is friends with a friend of the sound guy for petty! we got to sit in the sound booth for the concert, center stage, too cool!

not much going on this week, just more cleaning and rearranging of furniture and rooms trying to figure out how to make room for one more!

enjoy your week. sending postive labor vibes to all those getting close.
#20 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM

I am on a serious laundry marathon.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#21 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mamas!

I spent the morning on a hunt for an infant ear syringe - 4 drug stores later I finally found one! UGH! Everyone had the big ear syringes and nasal aspirators, but not the little ones. I think that's it for birth supplies! I picked up a dozen white washcloths with which to make wipes as well (they're large, so I'll cut them in half)....and got some pics developed. None of my belly pics (which I took myself or my kids took!) came out that well - I'll try fiddling with them on the computer and will hopefully post them soon.

I could post a major rant about my dh - but I'll refrain. Let's just say that he's going to be up late tonight and tomorrow night getting stuff done and will take full responsibility for the mess in our house when the midwives arrive on Thursday morning! :

While I was shopping this morning one of the cashiers announced that I must be having a boy - and within the next 7 days. She says she's always right about these things. I sure hope not - not about the 7 days!!!

The friend who borrowed my birth pool is due today - I'm hoping she'll give birth soon!

spsmom - Giving birth outside sounds WONDERFUL! I'm so jealous!!!!

Everyone else - I'll try to do personals later - MUST EAT!!!

#22 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Just got back from my doctor's appt with bad news ... the baby's gone transverse. Oh well, I was 50/50 on getting a c-section anyways, so there's just one more reason to go ahead with the scheduled c-s.

I haven't gained any weight in the last two weeks, which is a good thing -- I'm 5'2 and getting close to DH's weight -- and he's 6'1! And the baby's measuring at 37 weeks, which is right on the button for where he should be.

Amanda, you are so nice to lend out your birth pool this close to your due date. I wouldn't dare because I would think that the baby would come just when you aren't ready!
#23 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

wenat! What a difficult spot to be in - it seems baby is making the decision for you, though. And yes, I'm very brave - I'm trying the whole "let go and just go with what happens" philosophy with this birth, so I figured lending out my birth pool with 3 weeks left of my pregnancy (fourth child, sixth pregnancy!) would help me to practice! A friend of ours, who lives halfway between us will go to her house and pick up the pool, etc. and deliver it to me if I go into labor before her or before she's able to get it back to me. With our luck, we'll both go into labor at the same time! :LOL

I think I've lost my mind. My OCD definitely took over about an hour ago. I was bringing something up to my room and decided that the furniture needed to be rearranged right then and there - so I did it myself. I'm going to regret this in a couple hours when my back totally siezes up, but at least it's done. I moved a huge chase lounge, a queen mattress and boxspring and a twin mattress and boxspring. Now I can actually get out of bed without having to climb over dh, which will make going to the bathroom at 3am a lot easier!

I'll finish the dining room and living room tonight - if I can still move - and finish the bedroom and all the last minute details tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be ready when the midwives arrive on Thursday!

Must go clean ....

#24 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 04:20 PM

What is up with the cleaning today? I cleaned like a crazy person today, stuff that hasn't been cleaned in an embarassingly long time, and I am going to be so mad if this baby is a 42-weeker because then I'll have to nest *again.* :LOL But at least my jacuzzi is spotless.
#25 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 PM

WOW So much cleaning from everyone! It makes me feel guilty for coming home and taking a nap! Which I had to fight my 5yrold for! Now he's probably out for the night, having skipped his nap the past 2 days I think he was getting over tired!

OB apointment went fine, measured and weighed, next week they want to do the hep B test and check to see where I'm at. They wanted to do the hep B today, but no one warned me about it last week so they have to wait! ds kept telling me I was having the baby today, so much that I started to believe him. No serious signs ofit happening though. Unless extreme sleepiness is a sign

spsmom~ being outside to birth sounds wonderful! Good Luck!

wenat~good luck with the csection, I've gained a bit of weight myself and was happy to only gain 2 lbs the past 2 weeks and none the 2 weeks before! I'm 5'4 and weigh more than dh by 30 right now! I don't want to again anything more, these mama hips have enough cushion!!!!

Good luck with all the cleaning everyone! I hope I get another burst here pretty soon!
#26 of 68 Old 08-23-2005, 09:57 PM

Wow! You all are cleaning fiends! I've been doing some in little spurts, but nothing serious. No furniture rearranging. But I have been doing some feng shui things like hanging mirrors in various locations that need it. We have this one busy-body neighbor, and it was time to get that defelcting mirror up on the front door. Feels much better. I also got so fed up with the stupid leaking tub drain that I replaced it. My dh laughed and said, "I better be on my best behavior, because I'm starting to think you really are a dyke, with your short hair and your fixin' stuff!" Such a goober. (Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone -- he means it in a funny way, though his biggest fear is that I'll leave him for a woman... slowly I am disabusing him of this fear).

ANYWAY, I have my appt tomorrow, which I decided to in fact go to. A cousin of mine was doing great with her pregnancy and had high bp sneak in at like 39 weeks, so I figure it's best to get everything checked.

I cannot believe I will have a CHILD in about 3.5 weeks. Other first time moms, and those who remember being a first timer, you know what I mean, I am sure. I started crying today thinking about holding her. Wow.

We had our first shower this weekend. People seemed to have totally IGNORED my registry. I did get the little cosleeper snuggly, but the idea of cloth diapers seems foreign to my family. Hmm.

Blessings to all of you with prodromal labor, overtaking OCD's, and so much to do -- and to Goldimom and her little girl!!! YAY!
#27 of 68 Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Hello Mamas!

Can you believe it's Wednesday already?!! Time seems so strange right now. It's both flying and dragging, as each day gets closer to September. Yikes.

Definitely nesting here. When you're scrubbing a toaster oven at 10pm there's no denying it. Washing the rest of the baby clothes today & trying to knock other things off my expanding to - do list. In all honesty I'd rather lay in bed and read, but there's no time for that.

Today we see/interview the pediatrician. Hope he's cool w/ delayed vaccinations & that I have time to do a little more research on the subject before our appointment so I can ask all the right questions. If he's too medical I've got the name of someone else we could use.

Last night our childbirth instructor called to say she'd be our doula. We're going to have the best birth team ever! I'm a little hormonal today & getting weepy thinking about it.

All for now - gotta get more items accomplished before the drs appt.

Take care all!
#28 of 68 Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I haven't had a big nesting thing but I have been trying to keep things neat with a little bit of cleaning every day. It helps. I am trying to train dh to keep things off the floor b/c I can't reach the floor anymore. At least all my shoes are slip-ons - last time when ds was born in March dh had to put my shoes on for me and it was really depressing.

Dh wants to plan a party for the weekend after labor day. I think it is a good idea b/c then maybe having an obligation will make me go into labor. But if it doesn't, dh is going to be tired, b/c I will not help too much with the party!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#29 of 68 Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM

Hello all! I'm back in town and online and trying to catch with everything. I had a midwife appt right before I left. Measuring right on, gained 35 lbs so far and bp is low as usual. She did the GBS test, but I declined a cervix check. Absolutely no signs of labor for me yet. I didn't have any contractions or anything before going into labor with ds, so I'm not surprised. I'm thinking I'll at least go to my due date, though. Don't have another appt until Sept. 1. They were pretty nonchalent about it. Said I could come back in a week or two. I opted for two because I've had long waits at the midwive's office lately and nothing is really going on with me. My due date is three weeks from today. Tomorrow I tour the hospital. Dh was supposed to come, but can't get off work now. Maybe I'll bring my mom.

My brother's wedding was very nice and the drive was uneventful. The trip to the inlaw's wasn't bad either. Ds had a great time all around and was really good during all the driving.

Two days before we left for our trip I broke down in my dh's car. I was supposed to take it over after we sold the Outback. We had to get a new alternator and battery. We had planned to drive it on our trip so as not to put extra miles on the Outback and I'm really glad it broke down when it did. When we got back I was going to use it to go pick up our dog at the kennel and it made a really funny noise and the engine light came on. Dh took it to the shop this morning and it's got all kinds of problems. Ugh. Can't afford all the repairs it needs. On the bright side, we're not selling the Outback now (I love that car!). On the not-so-bright-side, we may be down to one car for a while.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#30 of 68 Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Wednesday!
Where did the week go? My homevisit is tomorrow morning and the house isn't nearly ready - mostly because my dh hasn't done what he needs to do, which is slowing down my progress. I have 18 things on my to-do list today. UGH!

This morning I went out to run errands and stopped by the Goodwill Super Store. I stopped in the middle of an aisle because Moonbaby was shifting position and causing lots of pressure down low. A woman smiled at me and asked if I was having a contraction. I said no - that the baby was just majorly moving. We got into a conversation about my pregnancy, as often happens, and she shared a photo of her new granddaughter. She mentioned she was her daughter's doula, so we got talking about childbirth, doulas, etc. and it turns out she lives in my town, knows many of the midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, etc. that I know. She had a Trust Birth bracelet on, and I commented on how I've been meaning to go to a Trust Birth meeting but haven't made it and we got talking some more. She gave me her card, I gave her my card (for the CT-based natural/attachement-style parenting group that I run), and we chatted some more. I gave her info on a doctor specializing in lactation in my state after she asked me how much I knew about adoptive nursing- she introduced me to her prenatal massage therapist friend who was with her. We ended up chatting for over an hour and gave each other a hug before going our separate ways - and gave me her Trust Birth bracelet and wished me a beautiful and gentle birth! I have a feeling I'll be hearing from her soon - it was great to make such a wonderful, yet random, connection like that! And if my mom offers to hire a postpartum doula for me....

I was gonna do personals, but now can't see the previous posts - what's up with that? I usually can! And with this preggo brain I don't remember much of what everyone posted!

I should be cleaning....but I'm SO SORE! Why didn't anyone tell me not to rearrange furniture yesterday?!? (I know, I should know better! :LOL ) Oh, well - I'll just have to work through it I guess!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page