Going Insane - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is in SUCH a bad mood. He's in his booster seat, snaped in, screaming at me. He asked for a snack, I told him no it's dinner time, he started crying and yelling. The first time he stopped, I told him he wasn't getting down until he calmed down....Now he's decided that he wants a cup of milk...a banana...and a peanut butter sandwhich. Why oh WHY did I have to be SO tired when he got up from his nap. I was going to make spagetti, but I was so tired I could hardly move, so I turned on PBS, he actually sat still during the show and I napped for a bit. UGH, I was hoping he'd eat a real meal today. I guess it's a good thing we only have ONE errand to run tomorrow and it should be a quick one...so he'll have to eat REAL meals tomorrow. Maybe I'll skip my OB appointment next week.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#2 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 07:01 PM

I am sorry that you are having a rough time with Jack today. I can totally empathize. My kids are both going through their adjustment phases getting used to Allissa. Not my favorite time. Don't you love when they get in their moods of I will only eat this right now? I hope he will eat good for you tomorrow.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#3 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ohya, it's fun. And dh is working late tonight and again tomorrow. Worked late yesterday too, and Jack's attitude was bad then, but not screaming and crying. So...FUN. I was thinking about taking a walk with him after he ate, but Good lord!

Now he's asking "may I have it" so at least he's asking nicely, I'm starving too so I guess I'll get in there and make the kid his "what I want" dinner because I do NOT have the energy to argue with THAT attitude right now. (He also took a late nap which throws off the whole 'normal' day.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#4 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 PM

i can relate completely. my dd seems to sense that big changes are up and she will cry at the drop of a hat. her behaviour is definitely not what it usually is. little things upset her and my fuse it short so it isnt a good combination. when i write it well it sounds like nothing but you know what i mean.

i was in tears one morning b/c she didnt want to go to daycare and i needed to pack. she has never objected before. i just dropped everything and held her and we talked about how hard it was to have so many changes - moving and a new baby. we both shed a few tears then she perked up and was happy to get on with her day!! she just needed to know it is ok to have these feelings. i didnt think it would actually make a difference but it did with her. i really feel for her and i have some feelings of guilt b/c i never really intended to have a second child. my husband talked me into it and it probably is a good idea but i am scared about the changes coming down the pipe!!

hope you have some rescue remedy and someone to help out!! hugs.
#5 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM

I have been having the same kind of problems. I think they know that we are not able to deal with them and we will just give in. Jackson has really been pushing me and I don't have the energy to do anything and I end up giving him what he wants. You can go back to real meals soon, right now just do what you can to get through these last weeks and get as much rest as possible. Peanut butter and jelly gets eaten at least once a day around here also and popsicles are a staple in our house these days. Ds also did not watch TV until I got pregnant and now I don't what I would do without it, I really don't think I could make it through the day because ds does not take naps anymore. Hang in there, not much time left.
#6 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 07:51 PM

I'm right there with you guys! DS is crying so much more than normal and he won't nap anymore, but he falls alseep early and then when i wake him up to go to workand daycare he whines he's too tired! He's been asking for everything and not satisfied with what i can get for him! Oh and everything is a fight, he contradicts everything I say! You'd almost think I was complaining about dh!!
#7 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Oh thank GOD! Your kids sound just like mine! I was mainly posting to have a place to put the stress, I could feel my BP starting to rise, but writing it made me feel 100% better, and I just sat here and ignored the tantrum (since he was esentially safe from harm) and waited for it to pass.

He did eat all of his pb sandwhich and his banana, but didn't drink all of his milk. Too bad, since he gets cut off from liquids at 7:30 so he doesn't overflow a diaper. But he's still not interested. Ah well.

Now that he's eatten, he's watching a little more TV before bed, he's acting as tired as I feel, so I won't push anything on him, like the walk I kinda wanted to take. Maybe I'll take a walk on Saturday. Dh usually lets me try to get a nap on the weekends. Gotta love him.

#8 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 PM

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that with a good nights sleep your ds will have a better day tomorrow. I also hope that you will be able to get that nap this weekend. I know that I haven't been able to survive the last 9 months without my tv either. I love Nick Jr. It will get better soon for all of us... It has to. :LOL

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#9 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 PM

OMG, it's the same here...everything's a fight. Dd wasn't sleeping well while my dh was gone and now she's doing a little bit better, but why does it have to be every little thing? And I definitely covet Sesame Street time now, because what else are you going to do to get a little rest?
#10 of 12 Old 08-27-2005, 02:50 AM

DD is acting like this too. I feel much better knowing we're not the only ones.
#11 of 12 Old 08-27-2005, 05:43 AM

I am a first time poster and.......You all sound just like me!!

My dh sort of talked me into having baby #2 so soon. I had wanted to wait until ds was at least 4 before trying for another baby. And even now, sometimes i think "what was i thinking getting pregnant with a 2 year old around?!" But I keep telling myself, only a few more weeks to go. We've all made it this far.

I'm to the point now, where i can't pick up ds because it hurts. I am scared to go anywhere with him without dh there to help in case Josh decides to run off in the parking lot (he has before). Its not easy to be pregnant with a toddler around. All of a sudden they have a mind of their own.
#12 of 12 Old 08-27-2005, 07:43 AM

It sounds like we could all use a hug!

I've been having days where I watch the chaos around me and think, "Why was it that we wanted a FOURTH?!? WHAT were we thinking?!?"
My oldest (6.5 yrs) has figured out that Mama is too exhausted to deal with things most of the time and has really decided to test his boundaries. His 3 year old sister is following his lead and has added her own flair - saying no, turning away, hands on hips and nose in the air. She has the rolling eyes thing down, too - she's turning into quite the teenager! : :LOL Our "middle" child is just super whiny, which gets on my nerves SO MUCH! I spend most of the day saying, "Talk, don't whine." and repeating things over and over because my oldest and youngest refuse to listen and do as they're told. We've left playgroup, the park, etc. because they aren't listening (mostly about safety things too, like not going on the dock/near the lake without a life vest/floatie on, staying with me when we're out shopping, etc.). It seems we all have a better day when I'm having a good day - and when I haven't slept, am sore, etc. and my tolerance levels are low, the kids are absolutely

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page