Labor starting w/ diarrhea? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2005, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had some bad diarrhea this am (sorry about TMI). And tons of cf I'm pretty sure was more MP came out. Could this be the start of labor?

If you had diarrhea before labor started, how soon did labor start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM

I've heard that labor can start that way. Something like your body starts to clean itself out in order to prep for labor.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Ditto what Erin said.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM

I had that! I was so relieved bacause I battled constipation during most of the pregnancy. I woke up at 3am with a menstrual crampy feeling in my back and had soft/loose stools shortly after. So I would say for me the diarrhea was after labor had started.

That would be cool if labor is starting now--I always thought it would be great to labor during the day and not miss a night's sleep.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:03 PM

For me its usually 2-3 days before I have the baby. Always a good sign. OT but funny with #3 I had it and the baby dropped, probably had room lol...I thought the baby was gonna fall right out of me! Had gone from floating to hitting my cervix in a matter of mins while I was on the potty. Scared me!

Hopefully this means labor will be starting for your shortly!

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:50 PM

yes, this is what is mimicked by taking castor oil. With me, it was just a few hours beforehand.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:16 PM

I had diarrhea a few hours before going into labor w/ both of my boys. But I also know women who said they had diarrhea off and on for a few days or even a week or 2 before starting labor. So I don't know. LOL! But it IS common to have diarrhea before or during labor. Cleaning out the pipes so you don't make a mess while pushing that baby out, I guess. Makes sense.

I don't mean to be gross, but all day today, I've had pretty loose stools adn I'm wondering if that means tonight's the night. But it's not actually diarrhea like I had w/ my other 2, so I'm not sure what to think. Well, anyway, our home visist is this afternoon, so we have the place all clean and everything in it's place for the birth, so I guess we're ready!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221
Well, anyway, our home visist is this afternoon, so we have the place all clean and everything in it's place for the birth, so I guess we're ready!
Our home visit is today too! We invited the midwife's 3yo DS to come along too since he and our 21mo DS always play at my appointments. Plus my 3 sisters who will be providing sibling support will be here too. I still need to shower, pick up the house, then go to the store for some snacks!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.

It doesn't seem like anything else has gotten started yet. I took a nap, but am still soooo tired. I just woke up to eat.

I hope it's going to be tonight or the next couple of days instead of a week or 2. *sigh*

ELV to all those who want them!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have diarrhea almost all the time so it doesn't excite me. Better than constipation, though, IMO.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 PM

Okay. I have pretty nasty poops today. :LOL Not necessarily diarrhea, but totally loose and very crampy. This is a nice change from being constipated, but it's really caught my attention. Gosh I hope this is the start of something.

Nora, are you still pg?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still preggo. *sigh* The last 2 days though, I've had episodes where I feel so hot and nauseated. A few days ago, I would have said that I was ready to have the baby but not really physically miserable. Now, I'm starting to get miserable.

User Tag List