Weekly Thread: Sept 12-18 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jen, it's so nice to hear from you! How wonderful that your house is still in tact. You're so fortunate. So nice to hear that you're doing good with your new little boy.

We're still thinking about you here, and I wish you the best moving back into your house.

Keep in touch!
#62 of 71 Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 PM

My contractions have been between 6 and 10 minutes apart, some more some less for the past 2 hours. I thinkI'll wait untill they are under 5 mintues, I don't want to be in the hospital longer than I need to be. dh is taking a shower right now so he's ready when we need to go. He started reading and is nervous now, it's too cute watching him get excited. I keep going back and forth between being really happy and giggly I guess, and then sad and almost crying, not sure why, it's all so overwhelming I think!

At any rate, I'm going to try and catch some sleep before this gets to be too much to sleep through, it may already be at that point, I havn't tried yet. Part of me wishes this would get going and another wouldn't mind it taking all night. Okay another contraction, I don't want it to take all night, I don't think i can sleep through that!! I am going to try now!
#63 of 71 Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 PM

Oh Erin...how exciting! I can't wait until that's me. Yes, try and get some sleep, and keep us posted.

**ELV**
#64 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 12:26 AM

Erin---I did the same thing-rested as long as I could to conserve energy--sending resting vibes---rest, rest, rest! :yawning:

Jen--glad you and your family are safe and sound.

Okay, right now I am for the first time ever nursing a baby in a sling--Woo-hoo!!!! So far, so good!

Sending good labor vibes/happy baby thoughts to everyone! Good Night!
#65 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 12:42 AM

Tonight, I'm feeling fretty frustrated! My sister called, to tell me that if she doesn't have her baby by this coming Thur. that they are inducing that day. I guess she is having complications with the placenta. That is our dads birthday, which is neat, since he past away suddenly last year. I love that aspect of it, BUT....I'm getting so jealous right now!! I want my baby before her. I'm due the 23rd, she is due some time in Oct (she never gives exact due dates, and I don't ask) I'm supposed to go first!! I'm sitting at 3ish cm and 70% effaced, why can't I go!!!

Okay, I had to get that out! I feel so petty, and selfish. Its not that she asked for it or anything, and I'd really like to see her and the baby be healthy as possible. I'm just soooo tired of this and ready to have my baby out! Okay, I'm done with my petty rant...Ahhhh! I feel a little better now!
#66 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 12:52 AM

Aww Katt...those feelings sound perfectly normal to me. I'm sure you want what's best for your sis and her baby, but there's nothing wrong with feeling a bit of disappointment since she may be going before you. I imagine that if I was in that situation, I'd feel the same exact way as you.

Here's a very cool possibility...you guys have your babies on the same day! You'd just have to go one day early, right? Very possible.

In any case, hang in there. And, don't worry...the beauty of this place is that you can always vent here.
#67 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 09:54 AM

nolajen--I'm glad your house is okay. It must be hard to be so far from home and I hope you get to go back soon with your new babe.

katt, that is so frustrating! I hope everything goes okay for her and that you get to introduce the cousins soon.

erin--hope this is it and everything goes wonderfully!

I am so tired today...was up with contractions last night for a few hours, nothing bad, and it turned out I was just hungry. : plus dd decided to get up a few thousand times and would not settle down in our bed nor go back to hers. I know she senses that we are getting anxious about the birth, but that doesn't make it easier to be patient with her at 4 a.m. or whatever.

my legs also feel really weird! don't know what is up with that. I had sciatica yesterday and my thighs ached with contractions last night. anybody know?
#68 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 10:26 AM

I am still here! Had contractions all night, some woke me up, but it wasn't any more than I've already been getting up. I have been having a lot of discharge, it's not bloody at all, could this be my water leaking? It isn't too wet, if it would've stopped I would have thought it was part of my plug, but it just keeps coming! Any ideas??

dh will have to go to work tomorrow if I don't have the baby today. I don't thinkI could handle having this many contractions and him being at work. he'd be 6 hours away at some points during the day and if my water breaks I don't think I'll have 6 hours of labor left. then again I don't really know and hwat ever happens happens!

I'm giong to try and walk alot again today, maybe I can get these contractions to regulate that way!
#69 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 AM

I hope all of you in early/pre-labor are doing well this morning. Hoping you guys got some rest last night, or will be able to catch a nap today. I laugh to think that I was doing pre-labor every day for 5 days and didn't really know if it was doing anything until she came so freaking fast. But I am very thankful that it was all during normal waking hours for me.

I wish I had the time and mental capacity to do personals, but do know I have been reading and thinking of you all!! (lol I think I said that last time too)

Kate's cord stump fell off yesterday afternoon! Yeah. Her stump was stinky,so dh will be thrilled when it's gone completley (there is still some stuff inside her belly button). She took a bath last night, and didn't like her bath tub, she much preferd showering with me the otherday. So...maybe if I'm lucky when dh gets home I'll hop into the bath with her tonight. Her hair, poor child, is like mine, gets oily FAST.

I got to wear my sling for a while yesterday, she was probaby in it for an hour. I got water in the ice trays, and laudry swapped around. Took forever, but I'm trying not to over do it. I did notice after just that little bit my blood flow was a bit heavier. So I didn't do anything else. But she was very comfy in her sling. Fussed a bit going in, but stopped as soon as she was in all the way. So that's great ;D

Dh is working today and tomorrow to make up some hours from being out all last week and for 3 days this week. My mom may come over tomorrow to give me al ittle relief from Jack. He LOVES playing with his uncle (my brother is 11) so that will be nice. And mom and I canjust sit. kate loves her already,so she cando some Kate holding and I can shower or try to nap a bit. And EAT lol I had forgotten how difficult it was to actually get food made with a newborn. Getting it in is easy when breastfeeding, but getting it made LOL...that is definitly the hard part.

And we have made a decision on Jack's birthday party! I am ordering a cake through Publix (yummy) and then we're ordering pizza. It's a little more expensive than the cook out would have been, but it will be a LOT easier on dh and I physically, which is how we want things for now. I just hope Kate's schedual flows nicely with the time we set the party for (3:30-4 until either 5:30 or 6 at the latest) It's all family members, so they of course all have kids, and will understand if we 'hurry the party along' to get them out of the house LOL But I would have felt SO SO awful if we didn't throw Jack at least a little party.

Sweet sleeping baby on my chest, I'm so glad the computer is hooked up so that we can sit at the sofa. She's doing amazingly well with nursing, I couldn't be happier. Sometimes she doesn't want to latch on as well as she could, but I have to remember it could be from some engorgement. And my nipples are getting some relief. I e-mailed a LC friend of mine and she reminded me to keep her tucked in close during her feedings. She has a tendency to slip down on the breast a bit when she starts to fall asleep.

Oh yesterday she was 'blissed out on breastmilk' mostly asleep, or completley, and dreaming about nursing. I'd watch her little tounge thrust, then she'd roll her eyes back and smile. Oh my it was so cute! I wished I'd had a video phone or could reach the camcorder.

Ok, we're getting a furrowed brow over here, I must not have much longer before she decides it's been long enough between meals. Happy weekend everybody! I hope your bodies take advantage of the full moon (thoes of you who want it too that is) and ELV to thoes of you who do!!

Ohya...what does oht mean? I figured out nak, but not the other one.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#70 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijosie-mama
I am still here! Had contractions all night, some woke me up, but it wasn't any more than I've already been getting up. I have been having a lot of discharge, it's not bloody at all, could this be my water leaking? It isn't too wet, if it would've stopped I would have thought it was part of my plug, but it just keeps coming! Any ideas??

dh will have to go to work tomorrow if I don't have the baby today. I don't thinkI could handle having this many contractions and him being at work. he'd be 6 hours away at some points during the day and if my water breaks I don't think I'll have 6 hours of labor left. then again I don't really know and hwat ever happens happens!

I'm giong to try and walk alot again today, maybe I can get these contractions to regulate that way!
I'm still here too. I was wondering if I'd wake up and see that you were on your way to the hospital! I've been having the same discharge for the past day or so...and this morning it was very watery, and even left a stain on my bed as I sat up to get up. I don't know if it's the water breaking or not...too many "subtle" clues! I wish something concrete would happen! hehe. :LOL Yes, walk alot today! I think dh and I are going to go to the mall to return some things, so that might help me out too.

You know, as I was posting last night I was having some pretty strong contractions and at one point they got to 6 minutes apart. That's the closest they've ever been. So, I was tempted to stay up and keep timing them, but then thought "well, that's silly...if this is labor, I need some rest!" So, I went to bed and woke up fine. Ugh...
#71 of 71 Old 09-17-2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
and ELV to thoes of you who do!!

Ohya...what does oht mean? I figured out nak, but not the other one.
Easy Labor Vibes And, thanks...I could use them! hehe

I'm glad you got things figured out with the party and that you're enjoying your little Kate. I"m glad that she went in her sling and you were able to get some stuff done. I can't wait to hold my little girl.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page