New Mama's- How's nursing going? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I'd check in with everyone, and see how things were going.

Sometimes we get very painful latches, about half of them are bad latches that get redone. The other half, is just from sore nipples. That is frusterating, but getting better. I'm already almost out of a 2 oz tube of Lansinoh!! Which I just started using the morning she was born. Holy COW! And of course the grocery store dh stops at on the way home doesn't even have plain old generic lanolin of any kind. At this point I'll take anything to keep from running out. LOL I was even thinking of using vasiline one afternoon. She'll sometimes sleep the full 2 hrs between feedings, but I didn't do it.

The engorgement is getting better. It's definatly worse at night. Probably because she sleeps on my chest, but that's the only sure fire way to get at least 1 hr of sleep between feedings. I'll deal with a little engorgement for that!!

I am very excited about nursing her, as it's already seeming to go better than it did with ds. I was very sad when he and I ended our nursing relationship at 3 months. I think he nursed first thing in the morning until 15 weeks, but that was the ONLY feeding that lasted that long. And then of course since it was the only feeding, that little bit of supply dwindled quickly and he was getting supplemented after nursing. It was all very sad since I"d planned 18 months for us to nurse. This time, I'm not putting any limits onit, except small goals. Right now it's just getting past the nipple pain, from there, it's one day at a time. It's so easy with no bottles clean (or even in the house, they're in the crawl space) and no formula samples.

Anyway...how are you guys doing?

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#2 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 02:21 PM

hopefully i will get to write something before one of the kids needs me!!

nursing was very difficult at first which i did not expect! it was so straighforward with dd. she just never let go!! avram was more tongue-tied (short frenulum) than dd so he could not really latch at first. i got so engorged that i got very feverish and was shaking or burning up. i felt so sick it was hard to be tryin to latch him on at 3 am and him screaming and not wanting to do it. i was pretty frustrated. then i remembered i could try different positions. well the football/clutch hold did it for us and he started to nurse a bit. i pumped a bit too.

i miss being able to nurse lying down. i have to get up each time and move to the living room to the rocking chair to get him to latch on. i have had a bit of success in the last couple of days with lying down but i worry he isnt getting a good feed. the great news is he has started sleeping for periods of 3-4 hrs pretty consistently since he got the hang of nursing. i am soooo happy b/c my dd was never a great sleeper and i prayed that this baby could be anything but please let it sleep!!!!!!

thanks for listening. tell me how it is going for you!!!!!
#3 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 03:20 PM

We had a rough start, but it's fine now. We're still working on his latch. I took him to the chiropractor yesterday and she says his jaw is out of alignment from the way he came out (tight cord around the neck and his neck was very strained.) She adjusted him and it is tons better, but we need another session or 2, I think. He's still not opening wide enough. But really compared to the tongue-tie problems I had w/ ds2, this is nothing. And I'm only a little sore, not at all like I was w/ ds1 (and ds2 of course.) I grew up in a breastfeeding family, though, so formula was never an option, no matter how bad it got. I think that makes a big difference.

Holly (sorry if that's not really your name!), w/ ds2, I found the football hold to work the best in the beginning as well. Have you talked to anyone about having his frenulum clipped? I fought for 2 mos to find someone to do ds's (and it was bad the whole time!) and it made a HUGE difference afterwards. I had several docs tell me it needed to be done in the future b/c it was severe and might cause speech problems but they didn't think bfing was important enough to do it to a young baby I asked my mw to check for t-t right after Liam was born and I would have asked her to clip it right then and there if he had been. My ds1 was also t-t but it was mild and only hurt for a week or 2. You can't even tell now that he was every t-t'd it stretched on its own I guess.
#4 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 04:16 PM

Nursing as been going well for us. He has a good latch and is very efficient. I haven't had any soreness either. It was the same with my first ds. We do have some issues, though. I have a super strong let-down and quite the supply. He swallows a least once with every suck and sometimes chokes a bit. He does a pretty good job at dealing with the fast flow, but is gulping some air, too, it seems. He often has huge burps and needs to be held up for a while after nursing or he spits. He has lots of gas, too-not sure if exactly what the culprit is. I have to sit up in bed to nurse him at night because of the spitting and my leaking. I leak A LOT. I have to use a premium cloth diaper to catch the drips/spray on the opposite breast when he nurses. Can't complain too much, though. I'm sure it could be much harder.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I think my problem with Miles' nursing is that I have been expecting him to be a big baby (since that is what I remember) and forgetting what a newborn does. He sleeps for long stretches and then he doesn't want to nurse right away - he needs to really wake up and get oriented before he will nurse. So dh has to take him outside to get some sun and be away from me and that does the trick. Plus, I was just reading at the LLL website, and it turns out I've been positioning incorrectly all this time - my nipple should not be aimed at the center of his mouth and by trying to make it that way, I am pissing him off. I just get so worried when he doesn't eat for several hours. I should be happy I have such a baby, though. My left breast leaks like crazy so I should probably carry a diaper with me - I just haven't showered and let it leak all over my ratty t-shirt. Boy is that gross-sounding. I, too, was breastfed and everyone in my family breastfed, so there is no way formula would ever be an option. It was easier, though, with ds1 when I was too ignorant to worry about problems.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#6 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Nursing is going wonderfully for us! Julianna has been a champion nurser from the moment she latched on for the first time and I've had no soreness from her. I was prepared for the worst since I had sore nipples for weeks with DD1, but I've not had to dig into my Lanolin yet!

It's so nice nursing a newborn again .
#7 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 04:58 PM

hey everyone. ds is 2.5 weeks. The first week we had some latch troubles and my nipples were SOOO sore. No bleeding though, like my sister had, thank god. But they did burn like hell when ds would try to latch. We definitely are getting the hang of it now, only my right nipple gets sore when he slips off the areola. And I leak A LOT too. I decided for some reason not to have a towel under my other breast while feeding and my shirt, ds's clothes, and our bed were all wet afterwards. I need like, 2 pads at a time, changed every 2 hours. ugh. oh well, I'm glad he's eating a lot and sleeping a lot and pooping n peeing a lot.

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#8 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 05:44 PM

Nursing is going well. The only problem we have had is getting him to open his mouth wide enough for my nipple. His mouth is much smaller than my other kids have been and I have huge nipples. But its getting better every day. Night time I still need to have a light to see where his tiny little mouth is but as long as I have some light its ok. No engorgement this time and nipple soreness is at a minimum. Just enough to remind me I haven't nursed in a few mos lol.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#9 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 05:52 PM

Nursing is going well for us, too. The first 4 days I had some soreness and burning (but no real nipple trauma) because I didn't yet help DS enough to get more of my areola into his mouth...but the lactation consultants at the hospital were excellent (all of them very AP, co-sleepers etc.) and helped me out right away suggesting different holds, "sandwich-ing my nipple/areola". I have lots of supply and a very strong let down, like I had with DD, so Luca does have to swallow with almost every suck and also has some spitting up etc. Nursing from one side only for up to 3 feedings has helped and he's still gaining quickly. At only 10 days old he's about 8lbs. 5oz. now (up from 7 lbs. 7 oz. on day 3)...I'm happy nursing is going well for us and all of you...

sending out ~healing vibes~ to all the Mama's that still have to deal with nipple pain...

Alex
#10 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 10:58 PM

Greer has a good latch and is a little nurse-a-holic! :LOL I feel like my nursing challenges are more with my 23 mo DS and rather than newborn DD (e.g. he likes to stick his hand in my armpit which makes me extremely irritable, he fidgets into awkward positions which messes up his latch, he wants to change breasts every few minutes jostling my achey uterus in the process). Plus I think just now I may have let him nurse too much/or should have nursed DD first because she is fussing at the breast. They say if the baby keeps nursing your body makes more, so hopefully that will happen quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieangela
I have a super strong let-down and quite the supply. He swallows a least once with every suck and sometimes chokes a bit. He does a pretty good job at dealing with the fast flow, but is gulping some air, too, it seems. He often has huge burps and needs to be held up for a while after nursing or he spits. He has lots of gas, too-not sure if exactly what the culprit is. I have to sit up in bed to nurse him at night because of the spitting and my leaking. I leak A LOT. I have to use a premium cloth diaper to catch the drips/spray on the opposite breast when he nurses.
Marie--Overactive let-down was a huge problem when I had DS. I am glad you are figuring it out! Here is some info I thought was helpful:
http://www.drjaygordon.com/links/BF/overactive.htm
DS was also gassy. My theory eventually was that he was getting too much high-protein foremilk and not enough hindmilk. I thought it helped him get more hindmilk to nurse on just one side per feeding.
#11 of 32 Old 09-17-2005, 11:15 PM

...you might want to think about donating to a milk bank:
http://www.hmbana.com/donations.htm

With DS I actually discarded milk : because I didn't know about this option (even though there was a milk bank in the city where we were living at the time).
#12 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm nervous about nursing! With this babe fast approaching (hopefully!) I can't believe I could be bfing as soon as tomorrow. I'm determined to stick it out, but my breasts are so sore, and I just can't imagine a little one latching on. I think I'm going to need a lot of support at first. But I know it's the best thing for her, and I'm determined to make it work!
#13 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 02:28 AM

Going well, like you. I've reached my magic two week mark (my LC with Ds said "give it two good weeks once you get help" - best advice I've ever received) and sure enough, it's getting better. I just noticed today that on my most-sore side it's much less sore - no labor breathing needed. LOL.

I had an LC come out the day my milk came in, just as a preventative measure and she's been great, following up with me every other day with new suggestions.

My main problem is what I call "Tiny Mouth, Huge Breast syndrome."

Also like you, things are going so much better this time around. I don't think it's not that I have the same problems, just that I knew when I was doing it wrong. I feel as though I'm getting her on as far as she can go, yet I am still seeing some nipple flattening.

I know we're doing well, though, because she gained an inch and a pound in just one week of my milk being in!
#14 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldasMom
Marie--Overactive let-down was a huge problem when I had DS. I am glad you are figuring it out! Here is some info I thought was helpful:
http://www.drjaygordon.com/links/BF/overactive.htm
DS was also gassy. My theory eventually was that he was getting too much high-protein foremilk and not enough hindmilk. I thought it helped him get more hindmilk to nurse on just one side per feeding.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to look into it when I'm done here. I do just nurse on one side per feeding. I had to do that with ds1, too, and just kind of did it out of habit with ds2. Sometimes ds2 pulls off choking or just stops rather soon and then wants to nurse again a half an hour later and I stick with the same side for two or more nursing sessions.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#15 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 11:48 AM

Nursing has been hard for me... I expected it to be but I had no idea it would be like this! It's the one thing that is sucking for me about having him. Everything else is managable. Nursing has had me in full on sobbing more than a few times the past few days.

I didn't have much nursing support in the first hours. Since we ended up in the hospital I didn't have my midwives right away like I had expected. I had one stay with me for labour but she left shortly after his birth. He was in the nursery due to some breathing troubles so we didn't get that first nurse. He didn't nurse until 2:00 that afternoon, and he was born at 6:43. I had nurses coming in basically "doing it for me" rather than showing me how to latch him. Everytime I tried to do it myself I ended up in tears, with a screaming baby. Since we left the hospital 12 hours after his birth, a doula/LC from the birth center came over a little after we got home. It was great to have her come to the house and show me some ways to latch him, but that first night was still frustrating.

Second day PP my milk came in. My midwife came for a home visit in the morning and it was already full-on milk. Little over 24 hours after birth. I was dealing with the engorgement and could NOT get him on the breast because my areolas were so hard. Very hard day and night.

Third day PP my midwife came over for an "extra" home visit to help with nursing. That was great, learned some new positions, and mastered using the Boppy. Oh, I love my Boppy.

By yesterday things were better but the engorgement was at it's peak I think. I layed down for a nap and woke up 45 min later with boulders on my chest. I've been trying to get him on the breast almost constantly, and it's helping. So is heat and ice.

I have blisters on both nipples, the left side being worst. He latches funny sometimes and my nipple comes out looking like a tube of lipstick. I think it's because he doesn't always flail out his lower lip, so the latch isn't as wide as it could be. I've been working on getting him to open wider.

The positions I've been alternating have been side lying, football, and cross cradle. I do about 20 min on each side give or take- about every 3 hours during the day and basically non-stop at night. Seems he does clusters around 1-2-3 am that I have to nurse constantly.

I'm rambling, but that's how it's going thus far. Today is day five PP and it's getting better, thank goodness!
#16 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfry
I'm nervous about nursing! With this babe fast approaching (hopefully!) I can't believe I could be bfing as soon as tomorrow. I'm determined to stick it out, but my breasts are so sore, and I just can't imagine a little one latching on. I think I'm going to need a lot of support at first. But I know it's the best thing for her, and I'm determined to make it work!
I'm nursing both my kids now, so Ellie was nursing through the pregnancy. It hurt like HECK to nurse her towards the end of the pregnancy. My nipples were so sensitive and sore. But it really is a pregnancy hormone thing that causes that. As soon as Eva was born, it didn't hurt at all to nurse her and it didn't hurt to nurse Ellie anymore. So try not to worry too much about it. Just make sure you get lots of help with the babe's latch - or the soreness will come back!

The best tip I can give anyone just learning to nurse is that if it hurts - start over and try again. It's okay to feel pressure from the baby sucking, but if it is pain, try again. I did this with both of mine - while it is frustrating to have to relatch when it's so hard to get them to do it at all in the beginning, it is worth it to not have any pain. The latch can look right from the outside (and a LC may tell you so), but only you know how it feels. I had many latches early on with my first DD that the LC said were perfect, but they hurt like heck so I started over and sure enough would be able to get one that didn't hurt.

Good luck!
#17 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 02:51 PM

I got really lucky, and my Ari is just a happy little milk monster. She latched on perfectly, all by herself, right after she was born and has been going strong ever since. The only thing is, since my milk came in (and my letdown is pretty strong), she'll occasionally decide to get lazy and slip halfway off the nipple, but keep sucking... ow!

I am slightly worried that the letdown might cause problems later on; she seems to be coping pretty well right now, though. Coughing and spluttering a bit now and again, but that's it.

Julia
#18 of 32 Old 09-18-2005, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell

I'm rambling, but that's how it's going thus far. Today is day five PP and it's getting better, thank goodness!

Day 4 or 5 is always the worst in terms of pain, and then it gets better.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#19 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milk Bag
I'm nursing both my kids now, so Ellie was nursing through the pregnancy. It hurt like HECK to nurse her towards the end of the pregnancy. My nipples were so sensitive and sore. But it really is a pregnancy hormone thing that causes that. As soon as Eva was born, it didn't hurt at all to nurse her and it didn't hurt to nurse Ellie anymore. So try not to worry too much about it. Just make sure you get lots of help with the babe's latch - or the soreness will come back!

The best tip I can give anyone just learning to nurse is that if it hurts - start over and try again. It's okay to feel pressure from the baby sucking, but if it is pain, try again. I did this with both of mine - while it is frustrating to have to relatch when it's so hard to get them to do it at all in the beginning, it is worth it to not have any pain. The latch can look right from the outside (and a LC may tell you so), but only you know how it feels. I had many latches early on with my first DD that the LC said were perfect, but they hurt like heck so I started over and sure enough would be able to get one that didn't hurt.

Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Hopefully I'll be joining you ladies soon!

Oh, and by the way kalirush...how do you pronounce your daughter's name? It's spelled beautifully, just wondering how you say it.

That's all.
#20 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 AM

Seems we're having more issues than I thought. Riley still hasn't put any weight on though my milk "came in" the second day. He was also very dehydrated yesterday. My midwife brought over an SNS and we are supplementing with formula. I'm pretty bummed out, because I wanted to do SOMETHING naturally, but it seems my supply just isn't where it needs to be. I knew something was wrong though. He was almost inconsolable the past two days, and had a very hoarse cry. After only one feeding with the SNS, he was content, happy, and a completely different baby. I used it through the night and he slept great. His latch is also better, and my breasts are far less sore. I think because I only have to nurse 10-15 min rather than the 30 or so I was doing before- and only every 1.5-3 hours rather than constantly. I'm really hoping that this fixes the problem, and brings my milk in. I noticed last night that my breasts were leaking for the first time. I would nurse and milk would rush out of the other breast. I'm also wearing nipple shells which has helped my nipples to heal and cause less anxiety about putting him on the breast. I am going to go get an herb today... I can't remember the name of it. It's supposed to help with supply, too. So hopefully between those two things we can get this taken care of. I don't want to have to deal with this long term. I'm hoping this resolves soon.
#21 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfry
Oh, and by the way kalirush...how do you pronounce your daughter's name? It's spelled beautifully, just wondering how you say it.
Thank you! It confuses *everybody*. Fortunately, I don't mind. Um, it's really pronounced about how it's spelled- Are-ee-ad-nee. Or Air-ee-ad-nee, we're not particular.

I think people just see it and say "that's foreign!" and get confused. Same thing happens with our last name (Papke, pronounced "Pap-kee"), which gets mangled even though it's pronounced mostly how it's spelled.

Julia
#22 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM

We had a bit of initial trouble (nothing like I had with DS), and I had little blisters on my nipples, some cracking - OWWW. I hollered for the LCs in the hospital, and then my mum (also a LC) checked me out at home. Seems that Akiva was sucking before he had pulled me all the way in, and my nipples were rubbing against his palate. So, some of that irritating latch, suck, feel the suck and pull him off and start over. Fun, fun, fun. But he's got it now. Barring a bad habit of pulling back when my flow's really strong and sucking just on the tip (YOUCH!), he's a champ. And thank goodness! Last time it took weeks to get DS to nurse properly, he couldn't create suction, we were supplementing with formula...nice to do it simply for once.

-Ziva, wife to Ezra the scribe , mama to Elisha-boy 3.5yrs and Akiva, the new baby bean!
#23 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Owie!!! Coren ...well....sucks! :LOL He sucks on his tongue, he sucks in his lips when latching. It makes it quite fun to try to get a decent latch - and quite painful as well. My firstborn had similar latch problems, so I'm trying to work things out on my own at this point. Mostly trying to get Coren to OPEN his mouth WIDE before latching, which he doesnt' want to do. I'm a bit sore, but it's manageable. Doesn't bother me at all when Haley or Zachary are nursing.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#24 of 32 Old 09-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threenurslings
Owie!!! Coren ...well....sucks! :LOL He sucks on his tongue, he sucks in his lips when latching. It makes it quite fun to try to get a decent latch - and quite painful as well. My firstborn had similar latch problems, so I'm trying to work things out on my own at this point. Mostly trying to get Coren to OPEN his mouth WIDE before latching, which he doesnt' want to do. I'm a bit sore, but it's manageable. Doesn't bother me at all when Haley or Zachary are nursing.
I'm having this exact problem w. Liam. Please let me know what helps you! I'm still not having any luck, and while I'm not sore usually, it hurts like HECK when my toddler nurses.
#25 of 32 Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Things are getting better here! I'm 'sandwhiching' my nipple abit for the latch on, she's opening as wide as she can, but she has mommy's jaw...small. As long as I can do this (sometimes hard with engorgement) the latch isn't bad. I give her a few sucks to draw my nipple back, and if it still hurts we re-latch until it doesn't hurt anymore. I am still usings a glob of Lansinoh after each feeding, and picked up some sposie nursing pads. I loved my cloth ones, but I think maybe they were keeping my nip's too moist and adding to the pain. But who knows, only time will tell.

The engorgement is worse in my right breast,which was the better producer with Jack too, it's a little odd, because I'm right handed, and prefer to nurse on the left. Oh well! I'll get used to it again. I have also discovered I suck at hand expressing. I have done it after Kate has nursed on one side, then a bit on the other for just a minute. Once she falls asleep and I take her off, if I'm leaking from that side, I'll try to express a bit to relieve the engorgment...but never get enough out to relieve anything LOL. I washed my pump yesterday, I suppose I'll go fish out a bottle or two, and pick up some storage bags and freeze the bit that I pump off (probably use an ice cube tray now that I think about it.

BTW...how long will frozen milk stay 'good' in the regular freezer? I can NEVER remember this.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#26 of 32 Old 09-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
BTW...how long will frozen milk stay 'good' in the regular freezer? I can NEVER remember this.
3-4 mos in the regular freezer (not compartment-- I think that's like 2 weeks or something), 6 mos or more in the deep freeze.
#27 of 32 Old 09-20-2005, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

thankyou wendy!

#28 of 32 Old 09-21-2005, 10:56 PM

Nursing's going pretty well so far for us. He's even doing a super-long stretch of sleep at night -- 6 hours the other night! I was worried so we took him in for a weighing, and he's been gaining weight steadily. We saw the doctor today for his introductory visit, and he was up to 8 lbs -- birthweight was 8lbs 2oz and he's 11 days old, so he's well on track for regaining birthweight within 2 weeks, so I'm going to let him sleep as long as he likes.

I can tell I've got oversupply again. This morning I must have leaked an ounce before I could get him awake enough to latch on. I soaked through my pajama shirt AND his sleeper, so I had to change both of us after nursing.

The funny/sad part of the oversupply problem -- I've been pumping out "leftie" (which is the main culprit) every morning. The first morning I did that, I left the milk (about 3.5 oz) on the kitchen counter while I was dealing with DS1. And then DH found it a few minutes later in the course of cleaning up the kitchen. And he dumped it. :-(

The next morning, I pumped again, and left it on the counter, but this time with the pump still attached so that DH would know that it was fresh mommy milk. And this time, DS1 wanted the pump (he likes playing with it), so he got hold of it when we weren't looking, and was onto our queen bed and dumping it (about 4 oz) onto the bed. And the worst part -- DS2 had a major spit-up that morning after nursing, so we had stripped the bed and put the sheets into the wash. So DS1 managed to dump all 4 oz directly onto the mattress!!!

Sigh.

The good news is that this morning's pump (only 2 oz) went directly into the fridge, and hasn't yet been spilled by anyone in the house.
#29 of 32 Old 09-22-2005, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threenurslings
This is the same thing that Meilana does. It's too cute to see her sucking that top lip, but it does cause a problem when I need her to open wide. Also, I can't really tell whether she's actually swallowing or just sucking. I hope she's actually getting something. How do I know for sure? My milk is just starting to come in, so I'm sure that I'll be able to tell soon enough.
#30 of 32 Old 09-22-2005, 10:39 AM

curlyfry: I can definitely hear Coren gulping, so I know he's definitely swallowing. How many wet/poopy diapers does she have in a day? That's a good way to tell if she's getting enough. I should mention that Coren was gulping colostrum because I had so much (triandem nursing and all! ) and I have SO MUCH milk right now that I'm surprised he can keep up!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page