Nursing Mama's - week of 9/23- 9/30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's it going this week?

Kate is doing well, loves nursing (nak actually).

I think we caught the thrush early enough and are already getting better...keep you fingers crossed that this is true!

If only I coul get big brother to listen during nursing sessions!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 04:07 PM

Better, but only because we're supplementing. I HATE it. But he's so much more satisfied with a little more in his tummy. I am barely making .5 oz each feed. It sucks. I'm taking fenugreek in hopes to boost supply, and putting him on the breast almost constantly. I'm having to supplement 1 oz 10x a day. If this is a long term thing, I might consider doing a mom-to-mom milk bank type deal. I am not thrilled with giving my baby formula, in fact I've really had to get over my own bulls**t in order to give him the calories he needs.

Hopefully it won't be too long and my milk will be enough to get him where he needs to be. Right now it's just incredibly frustrating to know I'm not making enough.
#3 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry you are having to deal with supplementing.

Do you like oatmeal? how about beer? You can eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and drink a TON of water all day (keep a gallon jug near you and keep filling your glass)...and get dh to pick up some 'neer-beer' for you! Thoes also help boost supply. You can still take the fenugreek too. Oh ya, and mothers milk tea!

If you are pumping and figuring the .5 oz is all that Riley is getting, he's probably getting more than that (and right now he's probably only eatting about 2 oz at a time anyway) Mom's tend to perform worse for the pump. I bet he's getting a bit more than .5 oz at the breast. I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad, just trying to let you know. I think you mentioned talking to an LC about all this too, and that's good.

Oh ya, and, even though your nips may still be sore, let him use you as a pacifier, that will also only help your supply!!!!! ((hugs)) and congrats for sticking with it!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#4 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 05:00 PM

((((Michelle)))), I'm so sorry you are having supply issues. That is probably the most stressful thing for a nursing mother.

Are you sure he is only getting half an ounce? If you are pumping to tell, that is not a good indicator. If you haven't already, try doing before and after weights on a medela babyweigh scale - most IBCLCs have this type of scale available. You can see exactly how much he took in this way.

There a lots of things you can do to boost supply. The best is to nurse, nurse, nurse, and nurse. Fenugreek is good, also try mother's milk tea. Oatmeal works for some women, some have had really good luck with wheatgrass juice. If none of those work, you could ask your health care provider for a prescription for Reglan.

How is your bleeding? If there was a bit of placenta retained from the birth, your milk supply will suffer. The biggest indicator of this other than low milk supply is prolonged bleeding and large clots. I actually had this problem after Eva's birth. I was passing extremely large clots and at one point what looked like placenta. I ended up having a secondary postpartum hemorrhage and uterine infection before the nurse at the OB's office actually believed that the bleeding I had been calling about for weeks was serious enough to be evaluated. *rolling eyes* My body ended up passing it all on its own and within 4-5 days my milk supply was wonderful. Sometimes you will need a D&C to take care of it if your body doesn't do it on its own. Retained placenta isn't terribly common, but it is worth mentioning.

I hope things improve soon.
#5 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 07:19 PM

Wow you guys are awesome.

The .5 oz was figured with a naked weigh, a feeding, and a naked weigh right after. Twice we've done it, twice he's gained .5 oz from my feed. (about 10-15 min) Although I must say, nursing in public isn't quite like nursing at home. He nurses better at home. I don't pump. I can't really afford one right now, even to rent. I'm thinking it might be a good idea, though. I could be pumping all the time then, between feeds, and giving him an ounce of breastmilk instead of an ounce of formula. We'll see what the next few days bring. I go to weigh him again Monday.

Mother's milk tea- been drinking it like it's going out of style. And we're currently out of oatmeal but going grocery shopping tomorrow. My mom actually suggested drinking a half a beer or so every day, too. I hadn't heard of that and thought she was nuts. :LOL O'Douls works though, huh?

My bleeding is almost non-existant. *shrug* It's a little spotting here and there. Nipples aren't sore at all! I had a few rough days of scabby blisters, etc but they are just fine now. I've just been without a shirt as much as possible and wearing shells, too.

I've been in contact with an IBCLC and also close contact with my midwives and Riley's ped. We're all working together. I go for my 2 week appt on Monday, I'm going to the free BFing clinic run by that LC on Tuesday, and Riley has another appt on Thursday. I'm hoping that working really hard to feed him day and night... CONSTANTLY this weekend will get his weight up and get my supply up.

Thanks you guys for helping me, I don't mean to dump this here. It's just been pretty hard on me!
#6 of 45 Old 09-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Michelle- another question - what have his weights been? What was his birthweight, how much did he lose after birth, and what has he weighed each time you've weighed him since? That's the best way to evaluate your milk supply.

Every time I've done before and after weights with Eva, she has only taken in 0.5 ounce. She's a tiny thing but growing very well - she was 5lb7oz at birth and is 8lb11oz now at 8 weeks old. But if I just looked at those before and after weights I would be a bit concerned.

If you have any questions, please ask. You aren't dumping on anyone here. I know there is a lot of experience here with moms nursing previous babies. I'm also a lactation counselor - nothing makes me happier than helping a mom succeed with nursing. So please, please ask if you have any other questions and let us know how you are doing. The breastfeeding board here at MDC is wonderful too.
#7 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 12:38 AM

I have a friend who is an IBCLC. Since I asked her about Liam's latching problems, she asked if I would do her a favor and meet her in the WIC office instead of her coming over or me going to her house so that she could test out the scale they bought and want her to use. She does NOT want to do weighs b/c she feels that the anxiety of a mom knowing that she is being tested will make it hard for her to let-down. Which makes perfect sense. SO I wouldn't go by the weighs. She did do a weigh on Liam, but he refused to nurse afterwards. So she decided to try out her idea of weighing a dirty diaper instead. Her plan is to ask moms who don't think they're producing enough to save 24 hours worth of dirty diapers, plus bring in a clean one (to multiply its weight times the # of dirties to subtract out to get the weight of the pee and poop.) She feels this will be much more accurate than weighing a baby before and after a feed when the mom is anxious and not likely to be relaxed enough to get good let-downs. Just a thought.

Btw, the diaper we weighed came in at 2 1/4 oz. He had been wearing it for about 3 hours (which is a pretty long time--for me anyway.) I thought it was pretty full, but he wets like that several times a day. I haven't been coping as well w/ laundry ad stuff, so I've switched to disposibles mainly this week. I figure by the time these bags are gone, I should have my act together a little more.

Oh, and also, Michelle, have you thought about going to LLL and explaining your situation? I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered to lend you a pump. I know I would if I lived close to you. THat's assuming you are OK w/ shared pumps. (If its Ameda and you sterilize the parts that touch the milk, there's no chance of contamination.) Also, do you qualify for WIC? If so, they will lend you a hospital grade pump and give you a new Hygienikit until you get this straightened out. It might be worth applying just for the pump. Call them up and get a list of stuff to bring. I know for sure you'll need recent pay stubs, driver's license, a utility bill (to prove address), and I think birth certificates for you and baby when you get his.
#8 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 01:03 AM

shell ell-- here is my advice for low supply

consider temporarily trying a vegan diet, becauser plant-based foods will increase your supply (meat and dairy don't have the same effect). Don't worry about whether it's health food or not-- white rice, french fries, even vegan cake-- whatever (but eat good stuff too!). I found that my supply doubled when I went on a vegan diet, and it wasn't all healthfood. Try it for a day or two to see if you see an increase. Do try to include wild rice and green salad stuff daily.

Think of cows, after all-- they just eat salad!

Drink blessed thistle tea or even just eat the dry tea.

Double your water intake-- at least double! Hydration is more important than calories for milk supply (IMO). At the very least, increasing your water won't hurt. Drink water instead of other drinks. Drink, drink, drink.
#9 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tandem nursing again is going well here. I have a little soreness on the right side, but am fine otherwise. James is growing like a weed. He went from 6.3 at birth to 7.10 on the 20th. And dd has gained a pound and a half on the new baby milk. This after her not gaining any weight for almost a year, so I am thrilled. I'm so glad she's "still" nursing.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#10 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Good luck, Michelle. I know you can do it!

I figured out Miles' latch problem - he is a lazy boy and wants me to sandwich my nipple all the time, throughout the entire feed. So he is not really lazy - he must have some issue with his mouth shape and my flat nipples. I think he is a little tongue-tied or his tongue is short. But now he eats just fine. I hate going to the ped, so I can't weigh him, but I can tell he is eating so much better, and quicker. How would I recognize tongue-tie?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#11 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 04:44 PM

michelle, you have gotten some great advice. I just wanted to add that you can get a free pump from WIC. Blessed thistle worked great for me, and yes drink lots of water, a glass at every nursing.

As for Ian and I. Hes still figuring out that he needs to open his mouth to eat. So it takes a few min to latch on, after that hes good to go. I went to my parents last night for my dads birthday and it was the first time I have nursed him somewhere other than home and he did great. Wasn't bothered at all by the new surrondings. And hes gotten much better about keeping his hands out of the way.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#12 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 07:19 PM

Are any of your babes frequently falling asleep at the nipple after only a short time (5 min or less)? Taite is a great little nurser while he can stay awake, but during the day we are in this cycle of nurse a few mins..fall asleep..wake after a 10 min cat nap...and freak out because we are just starving. Any ideas on keeping em awake?

nak is qite a bit harder than I imagined
#13 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
Good luck, Michelle. I know you can do it!

I figured out Miles' latch problem - he is a lazy boy and wants me to sandwich my nipple all the time, throughout the entire feed. So he is not really lazy - he must have some issue with his mouth shape and my flat nipples. I think he is a little tongue-tied or his tongue is short. But now he eats just fine. I hate going to the ped, so I can't weigh him, but I can tell he is eating so much better, and quicker. How would I recognize tongue-tie?
I should have posted this, but w/ my sleep deprivation, I wasn't thinking straight. When I saw my LC friend, she had me demonstrate w/ a doll how I nurse Liam and I mimed latching him on, and then letting go of my breast and she said Aha! You have big breasts and need to hold them up for him for a few more weks. No more slipping off.

My 2nd ds was severely tongue-tied. He couldn't stick his tongue out past his lips and when he did stick it out, it wasn't round at hte end it was shaped more like a w, except rounded instead of pointy of course (so nrmal tongue = U, tongue-tie =W.) That's the big indicator, I think. Do a search on tongue-tie and you should find some pics. Maybe kellymom. I'm naking my toddler right now , so I can't post links.
#14 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221
I should have posted this, but w/ my sleep deprivation, I wasn't thinking straight. When I saw my LC friend, she had me demonstrate w/ a doll how I nurse Liam and I mimed latching him on, and then letting go of my breast and she said Aha! You have big breasts and need to hold them up for him for a few more weks. No more slipping off.

My 2nd ds was severely tongue-tied. He couldn't stick his tongue out past his lips and when he did stick it out, it wasn't round at hte end it was shaped more like a w, except rounded instead of pointy of course (so nrmal tongue = U, tongue-tie =W.) That's the big indicator, I think. Do a search on tongue-tie and you should find some pics. Maybe kellymom. I'm naking my toddler right now , so I can't post links.
I guess I do have big, floppy breasts. They were fimer and smaller with ds1.

Thanks - I'll go look for the pictures.

#15 of 45 Old 09-24-2005, 10:35 PM

We are doing surprisingly well. The babies are nursing so good and at 2 weeks Miles has gained 1lb over his birth weight and Byron has gained 10oz over his birth weight. It is not as hard as I thought it would be to nurse twins. They are starting latch on without help now which is nice also.

to all of you having a hard time. With ds I had a really hard time the 1st 2 weeks, but we ended up nursing over 2 years in the end. Hang in there, once you get past that first little while it is so easy.

Michelle - I know it was already suggested, but go to WIC and see if you qualify. They will loan you a hospital grade pump and they have lots of info and other stuff to help also. They may even have a lactation consultant that can help you.
#16 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 04:15 AM

Milk came in on wednesday night and I have been painfully engorged ever since I have had to pump the past two nights to relieve some pressure. Both times I got four ounces in ten minutes holy cow I am full. Still a little sore from the afterbirth nursing marathon and tomorrow we are gonna try and get her to nurse more during the day and actually sleep at night. My boys were very predictable but this little princess has us all upsidedown :LOL
Well thats about it for us our first week as a nursing couple.

Hang in there Michele I am very impressed with your determination.
#17 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 AM

My milk came in about four days ago and I've been waiting for those "hard as bricks, engorged breasts" that you hear so much about, but it hasn't happened. I find that the first feeding in the morning is kind of hard, because she usually sleeps about 3 hours before that and my nipple gets kind of flat so it's hard for her to latch. Maybe I can bypass the engorgement, or maybe it's yet to come?

She's kind of a lazy latcher still...doesn't want to really OPEN her mouth, and then once she does, she'll slip half of the breast out of there and THEN decide to start sucking on my nipple(ouch!) I'm going to try the holding my breast up thing. Maybe it's just a little too heavy for her to keep in there once she latches.

Sorry Michele, for what you're going through. Hang in there, ok? A lot of moms would just give up, but because of your determination, I KNOW you're going to make it work. I know your baby can sense that you want to do what's best for him.
#18 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 03:39 PM

Does anyone know anything about nipple confusion? I was thinking about giving Riley his supplements in a bottle. It's been harder and harder dealing with a syringe. I mean, I can definately do it, but it's tough. I had it break on me twice today- the little rubber stopper would come off and get stuck in the shaft of the syringe. My husband had to dig it out! Anyway, Chad went to Walgreens to get my prenatal vitamins and I asked him to pick up an Avent bottle. The LC I've been working with said something about it being okay to give him one but I was so closed minded at the time I didn't listen to her. I didn't want to give a bottle. I read a bit in the LLL book and of course they say NOT to give formula, period. So I don't know what to think!

Such great advice here. Addressing some of it... WIC- we don't qualify. My husband makes almost twice the income limit (if it is what the website says) it's one of those things. We make enough to pay the bills but don't make enough for many extras. Since he took off work when Riley was born we've fallen behind a bit, even with savings. So I'm trying to avoid spending the money on a pump. Is it worth it, though? The LC I've been meeting with talked about it as well. I will have to ask her on Tuesday. Might be good to pump between feeds, get my supply up that way- and then be able to give him EBM in the syringe or a bottle.

I'm not sure what his weights have been. I think that the day he was dehydrated his weight had gone down to 6 lb 3 oz. He was 6 lb 11 oz at birth. It's gone back up now to 6 lb 8 oz as of Friday.

I'm still battling back and forth about this. I still wonder if giving him the formula is really best. He's started to get frustrated with how slow my milk lets down, I think because the syringe is that much faster. He pulls off a few times with each feed. He was also quite fussy last night and didn't sleep any substantial stretch.

I have so much I want to say but limited time and can't find the words to type it all. Any and all input is very much apprieciated, and thank you for the "you can do it" type attitude here. You'd be suprised how many people have told me just to quit and do formula. *roll eyes here* It's not even an option for me. Unless I'm bone dry, I'm not going to give up on the notion that I might be able to 100% nurse my baby one day!
#19 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 04:35 PM

nak

Michele...I asked my LC about nipple confusion (wanted to know about using a pacifier to calm her down since she wants to suck all the time!) said that after we get a good latch consistently, theres no problem giving her a pacifier. Of course the difference is that she doesn't get food out of the pacifier. I remember in my Bradley class she said that giving them a bottle early on might make it harder to nurse because, although it's a different latch with a bottle, it's easier for them so it makes it harder for them to bf. Talk to your LC again with an open mind and see what she says. HTH!
#20 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 08:09 PM

A bottle makes me very nervous, esp. since he isn't satisfied with you. But I am not an LC, so I don't have professional advice. I know you can breastfeed successfully and you should continue to fight and work at it so that you don't have regrets later. I would spend the money on a pump. It is worth it.

#21 of 45 Old 09-25-2005, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
I guess I do have big, floppy breasts. They were fimer and smaller with ds1.

Thanks - I'll go look for the pictures.
geez, i haven't been able to check in much at all since ds2 was born! just thought i'd jump in here. i, too, have big floppy boobs. i saw a lc last week, amazing woman!. one of the things she showed me was to roll a hand towel (i actually use a receiveing blanket) under my breast and that holds it at the perfect level for him to nurse. it gets to tiring to have to hold the boob with one hand and the baby with the other. this works like a charm.

nursing did not get off to a good start. we were having the same problems as we did with ds1. he has a very recessed chin, short tongue, and i have the big boobs. not a good combo. he was not having sucess with being able to open enough to latch on properly. i was bleeding and blistered by the end of the first week. i ended using a nipple shield over the weekend until i could see the lc on monday. i am so happy she worked her magic! i used the shield for 2 months with ds1, but we only used it this time for 2 days! woo hoo!

baby did lose almost a pound, but is gaining steady now. but of course mw and lc agreed that an 11 pound baby has a little more to spare than a smaller one! so i think we are good to go!
#22 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

no time, about to be nak...but wanted to say

Michelle, don't feel bad if you feel like your 'dumping' on us! That's why I started this thread! I wanted all of us to have somewhere to share our nurseing pains, and joys!! It's just as, if not more importnant for us to have the same loving support while nursing as we did while pregnant. ((hugs))

GTG!

#23 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 03:27 PM

Michelle, about nipple confusion, I have found that I have needed to suppliment Allissa a few times in our nursing relationship. I use a Platex reusable nurser with the NaturaLatch silicone nipple. So far no nipple confusion. The only thing is that it takes her a minute to figure out how to latch on to the bottle. That goes away pretty quickly though. Another thing about that NaturaLatch nipple is that it is supposed to simulate how milk comes out of the breast. Formula {or EBM} will only come out when they suck instead of being a drip that baby doesn't really have to work for. At least I think that is how regular nipples work. Been awhile... you will get things worked out. I know that you will. If you don't want to spend the money for a pump, you can hand express {makes me feel like a cow, but hey, I do what I have to. :LOL } into a cup and then put the milk in a storage bag in your frig or freezer. Yes a pump is easier and faster, but I can usually get about .5 - 1 ounce at a time when I express. Kids lost the suction part to my pump! *sigh* HTH

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#24 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 05:47 PM

AHA! That's the name of the other nipple the IBCLC recommended! I couldn't for the life of me think of it. We've been using the Avent bottle since last night. He does well with it, and if anything it seems to be making his latch stronger? Is that possible? LOL!

I've been expressing today. I managed to get an ounce each time I did it. It took less than 10 min to express that much. Now, I'd like to think that my baby is getting at least that much then in a 20 min nurse, right? I think my supply has gone way up. I can't wait to have him weighed tomorrow and talk to the IBCLC and see how much supplementing I need to be doing or if we can start weaning off the formula. I'm thinking of expressing at least 2 of the 10 oz of supplementing he needs daily, so then he's only getting 8 oz of formula a day. She might even agree to less. We'll see!
#25 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell
AHA! That's the name of the other nipple the IBCLC recommended! I couldn't for the life of me think of it. We've been using the Avent bottle since last night. He does well with it, and if anything it seems to be making his latch stronger? Is that possible? LOL!

I've been expressing today. I managed to get an ounce each time I did it. It took less than 10 min to express that much. Now, I'd like to think that my baby is getting at least that much then in a 20 min nurse, right? I think my supply has gone way up. I can't wait to have him weighed tomorrow and talk to the IBCLC and see how much supplementing I need to be doing or if we can start weaning off the formula. I'm thinking of expressing at least 2 of the 10 oz of supplementing he needs daily, so then he's only getting 8 oz of formula a day. She might even agree to less. We'll see!
So glad to see that things are looking up for you! You sound so positive about this...that's wonderful.

I just got home from the pediatrician a while ago and he sent me home with a RX for some vitamins in a dropper that apparently she's not getting from my breastmilk? I've never heard of this before...is that really necessary. I thought breastmilk was perfect. I'm not sure if I'm going to fill it or not. I mean, it's just vitamins, but still.

(posted about that in the weekly thread too...plus my whole pediatrician saga...*sigh*)
#26 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 06:07 PM

Lisa- Posting this here but I already mentioned it in the weekly thread. I'd be willing to bet it's Vitamin D. Not unusual. http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/babies/VitaminD.htm
#27 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell
Lisa- Posting this here but I already mentioned it in the weekly thread. I'd be willing to bet it's Vitamin D. Not unusual. http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/babies/VitaminD.htm
Thanks Michelle...let's see...the RX says "Trivisol drops. 1 ml daily." I should have asked what exactly it was, but I was kind of emotional and worked up.

(o.k...edit...I just looked it up and apparently they're vitamin a,c,d drops...but they also contain Inactive Ingredients:Glycerine, Water, Polysorbate 80, Ascorbic Acid, Artificial Flavor and Color (Caramel), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3...I wonder if there's a more natural drop for babies that doesn't have the additives?)

By the way, is everyone still taking their prenatal vitamins while bfing? I forgot to this past week! I'm slightly scatterbrained.
#28 of 45 Old 09-26-2005, 07:30 PM

there is a natural supplement called just d by sunlight vitamins. there's an add in the most recent mothering mag, if you get it, on page 71.

website is www.sunlightvitamins.com or you can call 877-730-2522. i was actually thining about getting some.

has anyone bothered to supplement? i didn't with ds1, and he is fine, but i was still thinking maybe i would do it this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfry
Thanks Michelle...let's see...the RX says "Trivisol drops. 1 ml daily." I should have asked what exactly it was, but I was kind of emotional and worked up.

(o.k...edit...I just looked it up and apparently they're vitamin a,c,d drops...but they also contain Inactive Ingredients:Glycerine, Water, Polysorbate 80, Ascorbic Acid, Artificial Flavor and Color (Caramel), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3...I wonder if there's a more natural drop for babies that doesn't have the additives?)

By the way, is everyone still taking their prenatal vitamins while bfing? I forgot to this past week! I'm slightly scatterbrained.
#29 of 45 Old 09-27-2005, 05:21 PM

Well, we went to the free bfing clinic and saw the IBCLC.

Good news: Riley is up to 7 lbs. He gained 8 oz since Friday. The supplementing has worked. And she said he looks great, too. Very healthy.

Bad news: I'm still only producing .5 oz based on the naked weighs. *sigh* I'm so frustrated! I nursed him there but had to come home because he needed formula. I just don't make enough for him! I was holding him just a few minutes ago just sobbing. I HATE that I can't give him what he needs! HATE IT! She suggested starting domperidone next week. It's a med that enhances milk supply that's not FDA approved, and not covered under insurance. I have to do some looking into it. Anyone know anything about it? It's expensive, but certainly worth it if it brings my milk in. No one will be putting me on Reglan due to the risk of depression. I have way to much of a history. I know I don't want to risk it, either. So maybe the domperidone is an option? I'm really down at the moment.
#30 of 45 Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 PM

Michelle...I'm so sorry that you're feeling down today. Unfortunately I don't know anything about that drug. Just one thing...if you are willing to spend the $$$ on it, how about trying the breast pump first?

Sorry I couldn't be more help! I'm sure whatever decision you make will be right one for you and your son.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page