Who else is still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 09-25-2005, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just me? I thought there were a few other mamas-in-waiting...how are y'all holding up?

My EDD is tomorrow and the past few days I have felt okay. I think I turned a corner a few weeks ago when I realized that despite the contractions this kiddo probably wasn't coming early. Once I got past that it's been okay. Plus it's kind of fun when people ask, "when are you due?" to say, "tomorrow" :LOL

Vast amounts of yucky stuff is coming out of me today...I thought I had lost my plug a few weeks ago but now it's turned all snotty-looking. Blech, but I'm really glad to see something else going on!

My dd is out of school the next few days because of the gas shortage in Georgia, so we'll just be hanging out. I hope everyone else is doing as well as can be expected! Labor vibes to us all......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 09-25-2005, 11:05 PM

No, it's not just you, lol! I just got back from my appt, and asked about the change in my EDD ( i had been told the 29th, then all of a sudden was being told the 22nd). Turns out there is no backup (with the u/s or LMP) for the 22nd date so idk where they got that . Sooooo, my LMP would make me due on the 25th and the u/s shows the 29th : .

Anyway, i am 4cm / 90% and the baby is engaged "right there".
I was told to go home and have sex :LOL .
#3 of 23 Old 09-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth

My EDD is tomorrow and the past few days I have felt okay. I think I turned a corner a few weeks ago when I realized that despite the contractions this kiddo probably wasn't coming early. Once I got past that it's been okay. Plus it's kind of fun when people ask, "when are you due?" to say, "tomorrow" :LOL
I know what you mean about it being fun to say you are / were due. We had been telling people "2-3 days ago." Of course, now we gotta say "yesterday!" :LOL

I agree, yucky stuff is good at this point. It's good to know your body is doing something .
#4 of 23 Old 09-26-2005, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Oh good, I'm not alone!

Happy EDD to me! We made whole-grain yummy pancakes to celebrate. Wow, you are practically in labor already! I don't know how much I'm dilated at this point but things definitely have shifted in the past few days, so hopefully we'll have babies in September.
#5 of 23 Old 09-26-2005, 03:57 PM

happy edd mamabeth! I was thinking about you this morning as I was walking my dd to school in the jogger (and was enjoying myself watching the other moms drive their kids the less than a mile).

my due date's in 6 days, but it's anyone's guess when baby is coming. I was thinking yesterday would be a nice day and then got kind of emotional reading about dear Griffin. Today isn't terribly good because my doula is about 3 hrs away hearing Ina Mae Gaskin speak (she has a backup but I picked her for a reason you know?). and I'm feeling like a later baby might be better due to my work schedule :LOL

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#6 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 AM

I was due on Sat. DD was born on her due date so I wasn't expecting to go over.
#7 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm still waiting, too. I'm now convinced my cycle was WAY off (EDD was the 10th by my last period).
My first u/s gave us 9/20 and the second 9/16. My hospital MW is going by 9/20 and she's freaking out, so I'm glad she didn't pay attention to anything else!!! Glad I'm planning a hb with my real mw.
We knew the exact date of conception for dd, and she went to 41 weeks and 1 day.
My MIL flew down from Maine 9/17 and we took her back to the airport yesterday morning. I actually felt bad, even though I was looking forward to her going...( very nervous/tense energy, etc.)

Jenny

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#8 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

I was soooo convinced I was in labor last night, but just ended up losing a few hours of sleep to regular ctx. oh well, the baby feels lower today and I am losing so much snotty stuff that something's gotta happen before too long, right?

Labor vibes all!!!!!!!
#9 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 04:58 PM

possibly TMI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth
I am losing so much snotty stuff that something's gotta happen before too long
I am SO there with you. I'm afraid to get up from my computer work station because I'm worried my pants will be soaked with snotty discharge. But no contractions to speak of today.

#10 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

really, what IS TMI in late pregnancy??? :LOL

last night I thought my water had broken because it was all gross. Alas....

I can't believe how much pressure there is in my pelvis! And it totally feels like the kid is banging his head into my cervix. Every time I think my body can't progress any more without a baby, it does. One of these days, I swear, I will have a kid!
#11 of 23 Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 PM

just to add excitement to the running stalkers, I'll post this here:

I decided to come back to work to wrap up two loose ends I have hanging because I'm having contractions like once every 10-15 minutes. The kind that make your whole belly hard. Hard enough Erin noticed. But....no baby. And I'm sure by posting nothing will happen.

#12 of 23 Old 09-28-2005, 02:00 PM

MamaBeth and Kerc, the running Mamas are anxiously stalking. You both are having some gooooood baby action goin' on. It sounds like it will be soon for both of you.

Sending fabulous labor vibes to all

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#13 of 23 Old 09-28-2005, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
: : :2bfbabe: : It's gonna happen any day now..............
#14 of 23 Old 09-28-2005, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Should we Dingos just move the stalking over here now?
#15 of 23 Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 AM

I am now 8 days past my latest due date... peek-a-boo contractions have been going on for a couple of weeks.
Last Wed I was 1cm & baby @ 0 station.
I'll see my mw again tomorrow
: Hopefully I've been making progress...

Jenny

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#16 of 23 Old 09-29-2005, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck, I hope you're dilating away!

I am still pg too, and 3 days past EDD. I have completely quit answering the phone as of this morning, because people who totally should know better have started calling to see how I'm "feeling." didn't they learn last time??????

I am going to the chiro today to see if he can work some magic, and may go for acupuncture tomorrow.
#17 of 23 Old 09-29-2005, 11:30 PM

My mw was satisfied that baby is healthy and so am I. She said I am welcome to start trying tricks to stimulate labor, but that it isn't necessary yet. I didn't ask her to check my cervix because I think it would make me more anxious. She did give me a tincture called "Startup" with pennyroyal & black cohosh among other things. She said I could use it or not use it and it may or may not make a difference... I'm still using the blue cohosh tincture she gave me last week called Labor Prep.
I decided to try to distract myself from the waiting by doing a belly cast. If dh and I still have energy after we get dd to sleep, we'll do that tonight, amongst other things...
Even though my ans. message gives a daily update, MIL also called tonight to "see how I was feeling."
Tomorrow morning I'll take dd to her 10AM play date (the second one I expected to miss)... I also went to a Mom's Night Out last Saturday that I wasn't supposed to make it to. I'm gonna get those same looks again tomorrow...OMG STILL no Baby and she's - - walking around!!!! You must be soooo ready/miserable, etc.
:
But dd loves her play dates and it helps use up her energy and conserve mine, so here we go again...

#18 of 23 Old 09-30-2005, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, those looks!!! I totally hate 'em and I'm only five days past. I just noticed your EDD...I am not going to complain anymore!!!! I decided not to go for acupuncture. I want to be not pregnant anymore but I really don't want to mess with anything if this baby isn't ready yet.

On the bright side, we are getting our homebirth together, which we weren't sure we were going to do until, oh, now, when my regular midwife's backups started getting antsy. So that will give me a lot to do for the next few days or so! We are going to yet another festival tomorrow to walk around, and I'm just going to lie and say I'm due in a few weeks. I'm not that huge so people will probably believe it. :LOL
#19 of 23 Old 09-30-2005, 06:34 PM

WARNING: Heavy Venting about to take place:

My backup CNM freaked out so quickly! at 40wks 1 day, she scheduled an u/s to check amniotic fluid & a nst for the day I went to 41 weeks. I hoped labor would start before the appointment, but no such luck. So of course, I called and cancelled the appointments that day.

I got a message from CNM asking me to call her cell. She didn't even wait 2 hours to hear from me before calling a friend of mine (She'd seen my friend waiting for me at the hospital one day & knew her from birth of friend's ds). She volunteered private information regarding my appointment at the hospital and asked personal questions about my birth arrangements.
Unfortunately, my friend was caught off gaurd and didn't know how to respond. She told CNM I was planning a homebirth (not okay in this part of the state).

So I'm definitely not relying on CNM for backup now. And I am quite angry with her for violating my privacy rights, which I have been reminded of at every clinic appointment... I'm trying to push all that aside until after the birth. Not sure what if any action I will/should take at that point...

For now, I am just thankful I have my CPM, who is capable, knowledgeable, and a tremendous source of comfort and reassurance.

#20 of 23 Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

so sorry mama! That *stinks* that you have to deal with that at this point! I can't believe a CNM did that...that is awful and possibly illegal, or if it isn't, it should be. I also can't believe that she tracked you down like that! What is the point? Again, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all this now. I hope your baby comes soon and happily.

I did not tell my CNM that we are going with a CPM now at home, but I think she suspects, because after refusing several tests I just said okay to the NST and BPP and then walked out without making an appointment. She has a lot of patients that do that so I don't think she'll be shocked. But I guess it's still good to be careful.
#21 of 23 Old 10-01-2005, 08:21 AM

Thanks, MamaBeth. I'm feeling better now. I think it was good for me just to get that out of my system by sharing. I appreciate your kind words and good wishes.

It's great you were able to leave without making the appointment! I'm so non-confrontational... I probably could've avoided my CNM's snooping if I hadn't been putting off the subject of my feelings about interventions.
Why do we need to be put in the position of defending ourselves like defiant children, though???? And how can the medical community get away with ignoring informed consent obligations & even lying to mothers in order to bully us into submitting to these tests & procedures - which are usually not presented to us as choices at all.

Obviously, I am having to try very hard to push these feelings aside for the time being, but now that dh's work week is over, I was actually able to have a relaxing bath last night and let some of it go.

And today is going to be a good day. We're taking dd to a birthday party at 3PM complete with a hay ride on a John Deere tractor. No one will be surprised to see me there, at least. And dd will have a blast! Lately, I haven't been quite the source of entertainment I once was. She had a great play date today, too.

After the party, we have a 5:30 appt. to see CPM. She'll be checking my cervix this time and possibly stripping my membranes. I really want to see things start on their own, but I am such a slow starter. I dilated to 5cm with Zeta over the span of a month and a half without going into active labor. Labor started slowly 5 hours after CNM "took my plug."
She was born at 41wks 1day, 24 hours after my membranes were stripped.

When CPM checked my cervix on 9/21, I was 1 cm dilated and baby was at 0 station. Chances are, I've continued to progress.
I think baby is safe and healthy in there, but also believe in my case, baby is ready. Stripping my membranes is still an intervention, but it is less invasive than breaking my waters or even taking castor oil. We're open to CPM's opinion tomorrow.
: :

#22 of 23 Old 10-01-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

I hope your appointment goes well and that things start moving. You sound like you've been patient for what probably feels like an eternity! I'm glad you got some time to think about all of it. And...I hope things get going tonight for you!

I'm actually not that confrontational...I told them I would call for the appointment after I talked to my dh (wasn't a lie....except we had to decide whether or not to call, not when to make the appointment), and just never did. It feels weird...they have been such a great practice but I am sick of hearing my CNM bitch about the OB's.
#23 of 23 Old 10-02-2005, 12:40 AM

mamabeth: I hope all the walking around goes well for you. The homebirth plan sounds fabulous! (especially since your mom claims you were so late -- what 4 weeks?). The bright side of having the baby a little later is the M. won't instantly think it is Halloweeen and want to be out all dressed up!

we're in an indian summer here -- I was really beginning to look forward to colder weather. It feels like fall in the south though because the leaves are almost at peak colors and yet it is like 70 outside.

sending my leftover labor vibes your way. And I wanted to remind you that it sounds like you are dilating this time without being induced, which means baby is making his way towards the outside. Slowly but surely he will be here right!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page