Sept. moms having babies in Oct. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2005, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm 41 weeks today and still no baby. I didn't expect this since my first was born on her due date so I never bothered hanging out in the Oct. due date club. Who else hasn't had their baby yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm now 12 days past... (according to my latest possible due date by u/s of the 9/20).
Everything has been fine up until last night. I saw my mw and she was a little concerned about the highs and lows of baby's heart rate.
She asked us to do a fetal kick count last night, and we did. She was satisfied with the count, but she's coming to our house sometime this morning to check baby's heart again.

I was pretty discouraged at my progress, too. I was 1cm dilated and baby at 0 station on 9/21. I'm still only about 1cm. 80% effaced, though...
There are so many factors that could be contributing to me not going into labor. My niece passed away at the end of August and I haven't had a chance to really grieve--the first couple of weeks afterward I lost a pound and decided not to think about it for a while, dh has been working a lot and extremely tired when he has been home. Usually he is such a big help around the house and with dd... I haven't had much time to myself for reflection.

I can't really believe I'm afraid. I have planned things exactly as I want them to be this time. I'm happy with our decisions surrounding this birth and there is a lot of family support.
If baby isn't doing well, I really need to get things moving. I've been trying some things. I have had two massages with acupressure, rubbed castor oil on my belly, Labor Prep tincture with blue cohosh, Labor Startup tincture with pennyroyal and black cohosh, sex, etc. I haven't drank any castor oil yet. My mw may have me do that this morning. We didn't have any luck trying to strip my membranes yesterday. My cervix wasn't forward enough & only 1cm dilated.. Maybe it'll work today.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 10-02-2005, 02:51 PM

hang in there momma's!! i cant imagine how you must be feeling. take good care of yourselves. hope those babies decide to make an entrance soon!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 AM

Hey indie and benny--there's a thread on the Oct board for us "late" mamas due in Sept. and I'm feeling better being there. I woke up Saturday morning and went, oh wow, this baby really will be born in October like I had suspected.

Benny, sounds like your mw is doing all she can. take care mama.

User Tag List