Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know we have a weekly bfing thread, but we can still have a weekly "everything else" thread, right?

What a night we had! And, I say that in a good way! Meilana went on a marathon nursing spree in the evening, and I swear she was nursing every 45 mins. or so. Well, she fell asleep around 10 PM and didn't wake me up to eat until 3:30! That's the longest stretch she's had so far. Then she woke me up at 5:30 and again at 8:00, when we finally got up. I feel so rested. This was our first full night with her in bed with us (as opposed to me on the couch with her and dh in bed) She slept right in between us in her soft sleep positioner and slept so soundly!

Yesterday we had a family outing to the A&P! :LOL It was the first time we took dd out in public (other than the traumatic Dr's office visit, but I'd like to forget that!) I had her in the sling, and everyone was staring at her...hehe...I guess this is what life is going to be like with a baby. I'd like to hand out a business card with her name on it, yes she's a girl, how old she is, etc...

On the way home from the store, dh wanted to stop at True Value, so I nursed her in the car and OF COURSE she had explosive poo while I was nursing her! I swear, once a day she lets it ALL out! We dealt with it and did our first "in the car" changing, and fortunately we brought an extra outfit for her. From now on, I'll bring an extra shirt for me too...

Well, people have been stopping by non stop for the past two weeks and I think I get a day by myself today, which I'm actually looking forward to!

Hope everyone is doing good
Old 10-03-2005, 12:07 PM

It's Monday already?!? How did that happen?

We're doing pretty well. I've been incredibly busy the past week - I ended up really only taking a week "off" after birthing Coren and then dh was back to work and I was out and about taking my kids to playgroups and other activities. We had something to go to EVERY DAY last week - and almost every day this week.

I'm feeling almost back to normal. Still having some hip issues, but not nearly like I did when I was pg/for the week after giving birth! I have lots of energy and no signs of ppd. I think being out and about has really helped me both physically and mentally!

Coren is doing well, but seems to have allergy/intolerance issues, which we're trying to figure out. He also sleeps a lot, which I'm completely not used to!!! He does have a couple awake and alert times during the day, but nothing like my last 2 kids, who were very awake/alert for most of the day. Friends keep reassuring me it's normal, but it's just STRANGE for me to have a baby who sleeps and who can be put down in his cradle while he's sleeping! :LOL

I scheduled Coren's baptism for Oct. 30, which is absolutely perfect! My in-laws will be coming from PA / MD to visit that weekend, so they'll get to be there. They'll probably be staying until Tuesday morning, so they'll get to do our Halloween activities with us!

I suppose I should get myself going - I have TONS to do today. I need to call my kids' pediatrician and schedule Coren's next well-baby checkup - I guess I probably should have called them to let them know he was born, but I completely forgot since the midwives took care of his newborn exam as well as his 4 day and 2 week checkups! The mws faxed his records to the ped on Friday, so they should know he was born by now! :LOL I also have to call our insurance to get him added - oops! I swear I'm still as after having the baby as I was when I was pg!!! Then I have to go searching for a baptism outfit for Coren - I don't want anything fancy, just a simple white outfit, which, of course, I can't find anywhere (they all have bears, cats, or other characters on them!). I suppose I should clean my house as well, since someone's coming to drop off a meal to me today.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 10-03-2005, 02:17 PM

Thanks for starting the thread this week. I am all for continueing the normal weekly thread since I wouldn't want to talk about ds' therapy or something in the BF thread.

We are pretending that ds' birthday is next Saturday though since this past weekend the family did a big rummage sale on his actual b-day. I guess they forgot that Adam actually has a b-day! :LOL Nah, they just didn't realize it was Oct 1 since it was so hot on Sat. By Wednesday we are supposed to have normal Wisconsin weather again. This 80+ degree thing is for the birds! I hate the heat with a passion and just want it to start getting cold darn it!

Anyone else dealing with a bit of nipple pain if it is even remotely cool enough outside to warrant "headlamping"? Darn I hate to cut this short, but we are having a dd1 meltdown.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Finally my house to myself!! Okay not actually,. ds didn't have school today and dh was home from work by 1pm, but Mil is gone so it's just my family!

Josie is getting to be more fussy during the day and sleeping more at night. I feel like when ever she's awake she's fussy, then falls asleep when consoled. She has had more gas the last 2 days so i know that isn't helping. She tooted so hard it made her cry, I'm doning bicycle legs and trying to get her properly burped, she falls asleep righ after nursng and I usually don't want to wake her just to burp.

Ds seems to be adjusting well, we've been playing board games and reading more books and that has really helped him. it's also stuff I can do while nursing, by next week I think i'll be in the back yard, baby in the sling kicking the soccer ball with him!

I'm still pretty sore, why o why did I have to tear up the side! It's the worst feeling ever, and i think the more I do the longer its going to take to heal. But I have so much energy! Although i do need to start taking a nap during the day. At least I'm the type who functions well on little sleep, dh is not!!

Not too much else going on, just trying o adjust to not having MIL to cook ever and clean every night. I tried to follow a to do list today, but I ddin't realize ds would be home, didn't figure that out untill we reached the school and found an empty parking lot!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 PM

curlyfry - When I went grocery shopping 2 nights ago I got so many stares and comments while wearing ds. I forget people are like that. Takes me a while to get over the attention. Can't they just ignore me like they usually do? LOL do you use cloth or paper diapers? Just wondering about the explosive poo.

mom2threenurslings - Sounds like you are doing good. It took 2 appts with my chiro to get my hip back in.

Goldiemom - I haven't watched the news so maybe I am stating the obvious, but maybe there is a heat wave or something? We are really hot too (ok I live in the desert but hot even for us :LOL ) This is October right?

My midwife was here today to do the 3 week checkup. Ian is up to 10 lbs 4 oz. Thats 1 lb 6 oz in 2 weeks! And I just realized she forgot to measure him. Oh well I think I can do that on my own Life is hectic as ever. I don't think thats gonna get fixed till I have a van that fits us all. Its a real pain trying to find rides or taking 2 cars everwhere.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart
curlyfry - When I went grocery shopping 2 nights ago I got so many stares and comments while wearing ds. I forget people are like that. Takes me a while to get over the attention. Can't they just ignore me like they usually do? LOL do you use cloth or paper diapers? Just wondering about the explosive poo.

Michelle
Pampers new baby : Why is it sooo hard to come up with about $100 to at least START my stash of cloth diapers?! I hate using disposables...especially since she um, produces, more than they can handle! :LOL I've gotta get them ASAP! I'm trying to budget them in this week/next week. We'll see...something ALWAYS seems to come up that takes priority.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 AM

curlyfry~ I would defenitly push for the cloth!! I used sposies in the begining because of he covers hitting the imibilicul stump, they leaked all the time. Cloth diapers are so much better!! I think shes leaked one time, last night and it's because i fell back to sleep instead of changing her. I've been so happy about using cloth and I have no one to brag to! it's just amazing how much better it is and I'm blown away that more people don't do it. I suppose they just don't know it's an option. I've shown a lot of people my dipes and they are amazed at how great the covers and some of the one sizes fit!

anyway, Josie is sleeping in so I'm getting ds ready for school. I really wish dh woyuld be okay with co-sleeping(he sleeps too sound and is afraid of rolling on her), I'm getting more and more tired every night. Last night I fell asleep with her every time she woke up and when I do finally wake up again and put her down, she wakes up.

h and this heat wave stinks!! I'm having night sweats and the heat is making it worse! The only good thing is hanging laundry in it, it dries faster! By tomorrow it's going to be cold out though. I'm looking forward to the bundle me up weather! I love sweaters and they help hide baby belly left overs! Josie has a lot of cute winter outfits too.

I'm off to finish with ds, I imagine I'll have more puter time later!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:59 AM

Dh and dd are coming home today. They have been gone singing concerts since since thursday. I will be so glad when I can join them traveling again but since I was not even two weeks postpartem after the c-section I decided that it wouldn't be smart to travel just yet.
Yesterday was dd's fifth birthday. She wants me to make her a surprise for when she gets home so I am going to go out and buy her a few carnations and make her a nice birthday card. She will get a birthday cake tomorrow night.

I put away my maternity clothes yesterday. I was happy to put them away since they were finally too big -but- I have hardly any regular clothes to wear and no money to go buy some new ones. I would be happy getting 1 pair of black pants, two button down shirts and one jacket to last me until I can wear my other clothes. I have a couple of pants already that fit - the shirts are the biggest problem because of my bigger bustline. lol
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

The second I get my disability check for maternity leave I'm getting her some cloth diapers. Problem is, I want the AIO's and I know they're more $$$. Maybe I'll get half AIO's half fitteds/covers. I'll see what I can afford. I really hate the disposables. Of course, her cord stump is 15 days and still hanging on strong, so I think I'd have to use them anyway until it falls off...

Erin, did you ever consider getting one of these for cosleeping? DH was worried also, so for $22 we picked up one of these and it elevates her to eye level instead of way down flat on the bed. We put her in it between us. It also has soft wedges on each side of her, which he would roll on before he rolled on her. It's probably not necessary since he probably *wouldn't* roll on her, but it gave us some peace of mind, and you can still snuggle up to her since it's soft. It works for us. Just a suggestion!

more later...dd is fussy...
Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 PM

Lisa, thanks for starting this weeks thread!! Of course we should still have an 'everything else' thread! I started the nursing one cause I don't always get to read and reply to this one at the same trip to the computer, so I didn't want to miss any nursing questions where I could be helpful! Or, if I had any questions LOL!

Well, Sunday was dh's birthday, and the poor guy worked 10 hours! But he'd asked me to bid on something on ebay for him, up to $16.50, and I got it for $6.00!! He was very happy, it's the part for his car that he's been waiting to buy. Once he has that part, he can put the car back together! Which is wonderful, because he just interviewed for a new job, and if he gets hired, we'll SO need that back up car. My car, 94 Tarus, has quite the oil leak, and even has oil in the radiator fluid (evidence of a blown head gasket....very tough and costly to repair...not worth it for this car) and my other car a 92 Cavilier...which is actually dh's...has been stripped on the inside, he was making a rally car out of it lol....was having problems with the RPM's....normally idling around 700 RPMs was at 1500 for a while, which was so bad for the car. Although it has over 200,000 miles on it, when it wants too, it runs beautifully. So thankfully he bought this 83 Datsun 280ZX, that when he bought it didn't run. He took out the security system, and it fired up. So he started replacing parts using E-bay, and some parts he had from his last car (Toyota Supra-87) and was just waiting for ONE part, the intercooler, and since they usually go for A LOT more that we can pay, it was the last part he was going to buy. Thankfully I got this part yesterday for I want to say $20.00 shipped! SO..if the Cavilier keels over and he has this new job he can take the Datsun, and not my Tarus.

Then yesterday was my birthday! Dh took the day off, he'd overslept and woke up with a nasty sore throat, so he called in sick. Which meant I got to take care of renewing the car tags with just Kate. So I left here at about 11:15, got that taken care of, went next door from that office and signed up for the homestead exemption, which makes our property tax go from about 900 to about 500 next year. THANK GOD because that was just rediculous. After that I ran to Target to grab a shirt for me, and a few flannel blankets for Kate, then it was off to lunch with my mom. Mexican!!! YUMMY Then I stopped back at her office with her, fed Kate, got the afidavits notarized (the ones I need to get Kate's birth certificate) so hopefully after dh makes a copy of his drivers license I can get her birth cert done by the end of the month!

LOL, I hit submit....like I was actually done rambeling? PUH-LEASE! I'm a little today. I am with you guys on the more energy! Some days I have the energy, but don't want to go anywhere, so I use it to do laundry or dishes between nursing sessions. The days I DO feel like going somewhere,I feel so rushed when were out because Kate gets hungry, but is only half interested in eatting when we aren't at home, so it's frusterating to try to feed her. Today I need to put some stuff in the dryer, and make a trip to the grocery store...we bought a crock pot on Saturday, and I get to use it! LOL I burned our George Foreman grill, I'd stuck it in the oven the day of Jack's party cause it was dirty...and oops, turned on the Oven on Friday and melted it. So, now we have an indoor grill that we won't use this winter cause it smokes, but we DO have a crock pot yippie! So I can throw stuff together in the morning, or have dh help me prepare it at night and throw it all in the pot in the morning and we'll actually eat the same dinner! LOL what a concept! I wish I could 'get it together' faster, but for some reason I just can't seem to juggle the two kids AND dinner with out one or both of the kids crying, or dinner burning. Unless of course dh is home, at which point I can hand the kids over, and when Kate needs to eat, hand dinner over!! Can I just say I love my hubby LOL Ok I'm done talking ya'll ears off now.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 10-04-2005, 06:11 PM

curlyfry~ I would defenitly push for the cloth!! I used sposies in the begining because of he covers hitting the imibilicul stump, they leaked all the time. Cloth diapers are so much better!! I think shes leaked one time, last night and it's because i fell back to sleep instead of changing her. I've been so happy about using cloth and I have no one to brag to! it's just amazing how much better it is and I'm blown away that more people don't do it. I suppose they just don't know it's an option. I've shown a lot of people my dipes and they are amazed at how great the covers and some of the one sizes fit!

Lisa,
I just got my order of cloth diapers yesterday and I went the inexpensive route with mostly cpf's w/covers and about a dozen fitteds (kissaluvs love that bubble butt)
anyway I got everything I needed in a newborn package from diaperco that I put on layaway and paid a lil at a time. I also splurged and bought two really cute covers so since I already had these when dd was born I used old recieving blankets as diapers they worked great and no blow outs. Ok so can you tell how excited I am about cd'ing. I didn't cd my boys : only beacause I was so misinformed now I wish that I had. Anyway if ya got any questions or just wanna compare notes feel free to pm me.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:44 PM

Just popping in to say hi -- I haven't dropped off the earth, just busy with my little bee.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
ditto

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 10-05-2005, 12:10 AM

I just wanted to stop in here and say Congratulations to all of you on your precious babies. I haven't felt up to going into the individual threads, but I didn't want you ladies to go on to your baby group thread without me offering my sincere congratulations before you were no longer a pregnancy group. It was wonderful to share these last 10 months with you and I'm honored that I was able to join you on this journey. Good luck with all of your sweet babies...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 10-05-2005, 11:33 AM

Ally you are too sweet. Bless you.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Ally! Thank you for stopping in and saying congratulations. So sweet of you. Hope you're doing well. I think of you often!

By the way, I think we're planning on sticking around this ddc for a while, before moving over to LWAB, so please drop in any time.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Ally! Thanks so much for the well-wishes! You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

User Tag List