Trents Birth Story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-08-2005, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here ya go!!

i woke up around 10:30 am on September 5Th (his due date) with contractions. they were every 10 minutes lasting for about 15-20 seconds. they continue until around 10:30 that night. they were still 10 minutes apart but was getting stronger. so i decided to take a bath......3rd one that day! while i was in the bath my mom had called to see how i was during. while i was talking to her (15 minutes) i had 3 contractions!!! both my mom and dad was telling me that it was time for me to go the hospital but i was thinking i was okay. that they were still 10 minutes apart. finally my dad yelled at me telling that they were 4 minutes apart!!! so he had my sister (they all live in Kentucky) to call my friend who was my birth partner. corey arrived at my house at about 11 pm.

we headed to NAS Jax (about an hour from my house). while we were driving we got stopped at a police check point. the officer asked if we had been driving and my friend yelled that i was having a baby!!! while driving there they starting come every 2 minutes and lasting what i thought was 10 hours!!! my water broke and i knew if we did not get to the hospital soon we were going to have a baby in the car!

finally got to the hospital at midnight. i was walking around my room having contractions and wanting to push. this is all happening while the nurse is asking me how much i weighed, my last period, and what religion i was. i wanted to tell her witchcraft and if she did not hurry up i was going to put a spell on her!!! the Doctor came in and checked me. i was 7-8 Cm's!!!! he asked if i wanted epidural and i said yes!!! the contractions were coming too fast and there was no time for me to recover.

so they take me into the delivery room and tell me that i have to wait 30 minutes before i can get anything because of my blood work. i thought i was going to die!!! finally they gave me my medicine and then checked me. i was 10 Cm's!! i wish they had to checked me before the medicine because if i knew i was the far along i may have waited.

at 2:12 am Trent came out!!! i pushed about 4 times and that was it. as for the birth plan. some things was done how i wanted and some were not. the doctor never once looked at the plan. he cut me without asking or even letting me know. also they cut the cord right when Trent came out. but Trent did not receive vitamin K shot or the eye ointment.

i am pretty happy how the whole went. i got a perfect baby and that is one thing i would not change!!!

Getting back into the groove of being groovy!
#2 of 2 Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Mama! Thanx for sharing your story...

Welcome to the world, Baby Trent!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page