Halloween - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2005, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else (with older kids or not!) dressing their new babe up for Halloween? If so, what will s/he be? If you have older kids - what are they going to be?

My older 3 insist on dressing Coren up for Halloween - as of right now he's going to be a ladybug, because that's the costume we have!

My 6.75 year old ds will be Captain Hook.
My 5 year old ds will be Peter Pan.
My 3 year old dd will be Tinkerbell (although a unique sort of Tinkerbell wearing a long pink nightgown, rainbow striped tights and pink fair wings - all of which she put together herself!)

(It all started with a $2 Peter Pan costume from the thrift store...)

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Ds insists on being darth vader, since he already has the helmet all I'llneed to do is make a black cape.

Josie will probably wear ds's old puppy outfit, it's just a whit sleeper with black pock-a-dots and a hood with ears.

We're going to a family Halloween party and then a little trick or treating, ds doesn't eat alot of candy, so the motre he gets the more I'll eat!!! I don't need it either, I've got to try and lose 30 extra lbs of baby weight by the end of january-for our official wedding ceremony!
Old 10-08-2005, 04:50 PM

We won't be dressing Riley up at all. My husband was raised Jehovah's Witness so he could care less about Halloween, and I'm not real big on it either.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Eva will be an elephant because that's what her sister was so I already have the costume. Ellie will be a ladybug.

We're just going to stay home and hand out candy for Halloween. The BF support group that I go to will have a little party the week before so all the kids can show off their costumes.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:00 AM

I DON"T KNOW YET! :LOL Sorry for yelling - I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure it out. I want ds2 to be a chicken (saw it at Old Navy, but can't find the right size!) and ds1...who knows! I'm thinking a ghost, honestly!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:10 AM

My older child is only 2, so I don't think we're going to do halloween for real this year. But halloween is really big around here so the thrift stores have good Halloween departments set up and a local drug store has a really good halloween department too. I think I am going to hit those places to look for fun dress-up clothes just to play with. And when I see things at yard sales I snag them if they're cheap. So far I have a ladybug and a panda costume. I also saw saw feather boa type things at JO-Anns the other day that looked like they would be fun for a dress-up clothes box.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

I love going to thrift stores and yard sales for dress up stuff too - my kids have a small 3 drawer dresser full of dress up stuff.

We're going to have a Halloween party with a playgroup we're members of and we'll be going trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood (much better for t-o-ting than my neighborhood - neighbors even set up elaborate haunted graveyards w/ spooky music a lots of suprises - my parents usually get around 200-300 trick-or-treaters!). Coren's baptism is Oct. 30th, so my in-laws will probably still be here on Halloween, so they'll get to go t-o-ting with us, which should be a lot of fun!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 10-09-2005, 02:42 PM

DS is either going to be a Power Ranger or a storm trooper from Star Wars, he hasn't decided yet (he has a power ranger costume from last year that he loves, but recently saw a storm trooper costume and is now torn :LOL ). DD1 is going to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast (same as last year) and DD2 is going to wear the chili pepper costume that we bought for DD1 for her first Halloween.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Jack will either be Buzz Lightyear...again...if it still fits (or we need to hit up target on Friday lol)

And Kate has her brothers 1st Halloween outfit which is white velor, with orange toes (two piece outfit) and the top has orange cuffs and neck ring, and 3 little pumpkins and says "I'm A Little Pumpkin" on it. VERY cute, more girly than boyish, so I just hope it fits her! If it doesn't I actually saw a little coustume parts outfit that could make her a bunny! I'd just need a white onsie and tights.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 PM

Ds1, age 2 1/2, declared that he wanted his costume to be black. Just black. I suggested a black bat and he is thrilled! Now I just have to find the time to make it.

I asked Ds1 what ds2 should be for Halloween and he declared "Purple!" Not exactly sure what we are going to do for him. Any purple suggestions would be greatly appreciated since ds1 is quite insistant that ds2 will be purple.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 AM

I asked Ds1 what ds2 should be for Halloween and he declared "Purple!" Not exactly sure what we are going to do for him. Any purple suggestions would be greatly appreciated since ds1 is quite insistant that ds2 will be purple. [/QUOTE]

How about the kid from the purple crayon booK? I can't remeber the title,but it's popular, man I just can't remeber the kids name, but maybe he'd want to be that kid, carrying around a purple crayon, drawing his story. The only other thing I can think is Barney, and I personally don't like that thing!

I wish ds didn't want to be Darth Vader, I always hope he's going to have more creativity than that, but when he gets his ideas from a rack of costumes what more could I expect! Next year I'm going to try and keep him out of the Halloween section!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:42 PM

harold and the purple crayon....but harold wasn't purple of course, yours could be!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old 10-12-2005, 12:31 AM

I love Harold and the Purple Crayon! Maybe I will just dress the baby in a blue outfit and carry around a purple crayon. I will see if the toddler will go for it. It does involve purple.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Autumn is my favorite season and Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!!!! This month, we'll be t-o-ting at the nursing home around the corner and going to a MOMS Club Halloween party the week before.

Last year we had some chilly weather in October, so I got dd a warm fuzzy giraffe costume (I'm from Maine, where costumes are often covered with jackets and even snowsuits). At the Halloween party, I had to remove dd's giraffe costume because it was in the 70's & she was sweating...
This year we went to a thrift store a month ago and found a flower costume for Zeta that is made of light material.
There was a Halloween-flavored outfit (w/Halloween pics on the shirt and orange pants w/footies) and it was new with the tags so we bought that for Aurelia. We didn't know her sex yet so it seemed like a safe choice.

I want to dress up, too-not sure what to be, though...Last year I was in such a time crunch I wore a shirt with a superman logo, a baby blanket cape fastened with a giant safety pin and I was "SuperMom." Lame...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 AM

We don't celebrate Halloween, but Babystyle has the cutest peas on a pod, red hot chili pepper, & sunflower baby buntings!! I want to get one for her anyway. :LOL

http://www.babystyle.com/content/hal...loween2005.asp
Old 10-20-2005, 01:28 PM

I am a costuming freak but not sure on whether we'll make anything for this halloween. Depends when we get home (to New Orleans) & what we do to celebrate.

I do already have plans for Mardi Gras, however. We will be a family of cardinals. Dh will simply recycle his red & black cardinal costume from last year, I'll add feathers and birdish details to some gorgeous red peices I have, and we'll work on something red and maybe a nest for Claudio. I can't wait!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 AM

I think we're going to dress Arlo in the frog suit Eb wore his first Halloween. And Eben is going to be a monkey.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think I am going to dress up Cora as a cat, and we will answer the door as a witch and her cat
I'm so excited for halloween, we bought some really huge pumpkins to carve - I can't wait!

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 10-23-2005, 03:49 AM

My kids LOVE Halloween and so do I (I mean c'mon a whole day to celebrate dress up/fear/free candy/sweets/fun!!). It's the best!!

Anyhow, we are doing a "trunk or treating" with our friends from home-school "school". Dd (6) is still thinking out her pirate costume, Ds (3)is in love with all superheros right now and is going to be "Batman", dd(2mos) will be in her little sleeper thingy (we have 3) so she will be either Pooh Bear, grey doggie, or black cat
Old 10-25-2005, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, we went t-o-ting at the nursing home last week, and dd1 didn't want to wear the hood with the petals . She looked like the jolly green giant in the green suit & shoes : , and people kept thinking she was a boy (that happens even if she's in pink, though). About halfway through the nursing home, I finally got her to wear the petals around her neck like a collar.
What a battle!!!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

User Tag List