Baby Finn is here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After six nights of pre labor contractions- every ten min. from 6:30 p.m. to 6 am, and over twenty six hours of hard home labor, Baby Finn was born via c section, posterior and weighing in at 9lbs. 11 oz. on October 6, 2005. This was the hardest thing by far I have ever done. I labored with fierce back labor at home to fully dialted on one side and 8 1/2 cervical lip on the other. The midwife noted some distress in the fetal and mother heartrate and suggested that we go to the hospital, as she did not want to take any chances of uterine rupture in a vbac. The on call doc was so cool about it bein g a home birth and even told me although against policy that because I had labored so far he would let me try and deliver vaginally if I wanted. When he checked me, my water broke and was full of meconium. I decided that a c section at this point was safest for the baby. Turns out his hed was stuck on my pubic bone and all bruised from trying to fit and he was posterior...AND we were suprised that he weighed 9.11oz. All and all wheile I did not get the birth I wanted, I had a great birth experience and it was much better that my first c section. The payoff is a beautiful, laid back baby boy who we are enjoying getting to know- and as many of you may know we live right outside New Orleans and have several refugee family members staying with us and have had a lot of hurricane damage so his birth announcement is a piece of plywood, but he enjoys the blessing of many generations. Thanks for all your prayers and conccerns. Good luck to everyone!
#2 of 6 Old 10-09-2005, 11:51 PM

Congratulations! I was wondering if you had had your baby yet. Welcome to the world baby Finn! Happy babymooning.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#3 of 6 Old 10-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congratulations! I love his name.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#4 of 6 Old 10-10-2005, 05:27 PM

Congrats! although long, painful, and not exactly as desired, it does sound like you had a good experience that resulted in a safe delivery and healthy mom and babe, thats all that counts!

Lisa~Was Aspiring Midwife~Now-AAMI Midwifery Student #2020~Mama to Zackery 3/29/96, Drake 9/22/01, and Selina 10/26/03...and here was the link to my new blog
#5 of 6 Old 10-10-2005, 06:09 PM

CONGRATULATIONS

Although you didn't get exactly the birth you wanted, I'm glad it was still a positive experience for you! Welcome to the world, Baby Finn!
#6 of 6 Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 AM

Oh Wow! Finally--- I kept checking every day/nite to see if the little one had arrived for you. ... I love the name 'Finn'---- so sweet and cool at the same time!
I know how it is to experience the planned-vbac with another long labor.
I did feel the same about it though as your: that it was better than the first. And you know you gave it your all after all that
Take care of yourself and oh, my brothers birthday is the 6th too!
~L```````CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page