Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
#2 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Lana's sleeping, I just folded a ton of laundry and actually have a moment to type. Gotta love those kind of mornings.

Well, today is October 10th, my six year wedding anniversary! This year we decided that the baby is our present. We don't really have any $$ to buy each other anything right now (baby needs diapers, bills to pay, etc...), but I thought if I could get it together enough to get out of the house today I'd go to the store and make him his favorite dinner. Or even better, maybe I'll send my mom for me. Hopefully she'll call me with one of those "just wanted to see if you needed anything" phone calls. I'm insane. I haven't been in the car alone with dd yet. I'm just having this extreme anxiety about driving with her in the back seat. We picked up one of those back seat mirrors at Babies R Us last night so that might make me feel a little better.

Sucky situation at the bank. Do you ever look at your balance and realize you're just a *little bit* short if everything clears the next day? That's what's going on with me now...and I figured no big deal, I have a deposit to make, so I'll just do that today and everything will be fine. Well, I forgot it's Columbus Day! Banks are closed! Ugh...lets just hope at least one of those checks takes a couple of days to clear. Then I can make that deposit tomorrow and we'll be fine. I hate stressing about money. Last time this happened the bank charged us $30 for each check that came in...three checks came in...$90 charge! Is that crazy, or what?! God, I hope that doesn't happen again...If I wasn't so scatterbrained and preoccupied in baby land lately, I might have caught this earlier. I'll get it together one of these days.

I'm a bit depressed that summer's over...we pulled out our fall/winter clothes yesterday. *sigh* Oh well, spring will be here before we know it, right?

Hope everyone's doing good and enjoying your babies...
#3 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 PM

Well, Lisa, at least when you make that deposit, everything will be ok...our pay check is going to seem about $200 smaller on Friday because we went way over Oh well...it happens I guess.

This may be short, dh is holding Kate (darn thoes short work days when we have no money!) and he thinks she's hungry. He's trying to get her to take the pacifier, and I just think she doesn't like it, but I'll let him try. She just ate, so I know she's just sleepy.

This weekend was pretty relaxing, I got to hang out with my mom almost all day on Saturday, and with dh all day yesterday. It's been rainy as a cold front is moving in, and I love it! I adore the fall weather. Granted I don't like the rain so much, but I love the crisp cool air and the beautiful leaves!! This is why I had wanted to name our daughter Autumn...but she doesn't really 'look' like an Autumn!

I'm trying to think of what to make us all for lunch, and coming up with mac'n cheese only lol

Dh tried to put Kate into our sling, but she wasn't comfortable. She wasn't comfortable the first time I tried to wear her either, so maybe next time. Of course it didn't help that the sling was soaking wet...maybe last time I wore it when I tried to nurse her I leaked all over it...anythings possible.

Ok, I better get going on the catch up game, I haven't been here since Friday!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#4 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 05:00 PM

Finances suck here as well! A month behind on power and phone, car insurance due, midwife payment due, mortgage overdue, just got our water bill...not to mention our car tax. UGH! Dh got a bit of overtime last week and this week, so hopefully we'll be able to catch up by the end of ... well...next month!

ECing is going fairly well. When we're at home we use an average of 3 cloth diapers a day and when we're out we usually use around 6. He usually pees in his sleep when he's in the carseat or sling.

I finally made an appointment for Coren with his pediatrician! The midwives took care of his newborn, 4 day and 2 week checkups, so he'll have his next checkup with the pediatrician. It took me forever to remember to call!!!

I love the Autumn! It was so hot and humid here last week it was difficult to believe it was Autumn ... and this week it's rainy rainy rainy, but we're having fun! Yesterday we stuffed scarecrows at my sister's house and my kids had a blast playing with their cousin and her teenage friends. My oldest (6.75 years) seems to relate better with teenagers than with kids his age! :LOL They were amazed when he was talking about Harry Potter books with them! My sister was overjoyed to hold Coren for a while.

I'm trying to figure out what to feed my kids for dinner - I'm thinking I'll feed my kids at around 4:30 (they've been asking for food already!), give them a bath, read a few books with them and then send them to bed. They're all tired and cranky, no one napped today, and I could use a little down time with Coren before my dh gets home! Let's just hope they all cooperate with my plan and fall asleep quickly and easily! I can dream, can't I???

Coren's baptism is planned for October 30th. I got him a nice simple white cotton one-piece outfit w/ a bit of gold decoration at the top for $7 at Salvation Army Thrift Store. It still had the tags from Marshalls on it - originally 29.99. It's 6-9 months and fits him nicely. I'm SO curious to know how much he weighs, but I don't own a scale!!! I'll have to find my measuring tape and measure him later. We're having a party at my parents' house after the baptism - complete with pumpkin carving for the older kids. It should be fun!

I guess I'll go make dinner now - and then try to catch up with the board and read all the birth stories I missed after the kids are in bed.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#5 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Amandas...

Everyone must be out celebrating Columbus Day festivities... It's pretty slow here. I've been checking out the LWAB and Breastfeeding boards.

Well, my Mom came over with the stuff needed to make dh's favorite dinner and an anniversary present ($$ yay!) Off to make dinner...I wonder if he'll get me flowers or a card or something on the way home? I shouldn't expect it, so if he doesn't, then I won't be upset, right? It would be nice though.
#6 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

It's Thanksgiving Day in Canada, so we're on holidays here -- just to explain where the Canadians are.

Today is Geoff's 1-month birthday! It's Chinese tradition to have a "coming-out" celebration dinner for that mark, so we're off to a huge multi-course banquet tonight, hosted by my parents. We've got about 45-50 people coming to that -- it should be fun. (My speculation is that there was so much infant mortality that people didn't acknowledge babies until they'd survived for a month.)

And then my brother's wedding is this upcoming Saturday, so there's another huge meal and party at the end of the week. DS1 is the ringbearer, and will be wearing a tailcoat for the big event. I just have to hem up the pants because they're about 3" too long on him.

I'm just worrying now about how/when to get him napped that day. His nap is normally from 12:30-2:30, and the wedding is at 1:30. We might have DH take him to the swimming pool on Saturday morning to get him nice and exhausted, and then get him to nap in the car on the drive into town (about 40 minutes drive). We've also got a hotel room for the night, so if we can transfer him to the hotel room still asleep, we could get him to be well-rested enough to pose and actually smile for the wedding photos.

Our wedding anniversary was a couple of weeks ago. DH's parents babysat DS1 that night, and we took DS2 with us out to a very nice Japanese restaurant for some exquisite sushi. He slept through the dinner, and didn't wake until we got back to my in-laws' house. It was a great dinner.

Happy holidays to all of you!
#7 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 08:29 PM

FInances suck here too! Of course we weren't planning on registering our van (thought we had it taken care of) or the $90 ticket we got . Then we had several business expenses we weren't expecting. Its not been a good week!

Ian is doing really well this week. He suddenly stopped squirming in his sleep at night. Hes not pooping in his sleep anymore either. During the day he is talkative and attentive. He smiles and coos alot. Burping has gotten bunches eaiser too. Still having issues latching on in the middle of the night but its better than it was.

I think my lochia has finally stopped. I am extremly dry. I don't know what to do. I am taking 3000 mg of EPO everyday and its not helping at all.

Ils have friends coming from pittsburgh this week and are coming over. Oh yippee. I hope I can get my cleaning ladies come this week or I may have dh call his parents and tell them to meet us at a park for a picnic :LOL

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#8 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 PM

wenat - Happy Thanksgiving! Your 1-month celebration for Geoff sounds grand! I hope you have fun!!!

Someone needs to remind me what a well balanced meal looks like - I ate parsley potatoes (with LOTS of butter) and ...ummmm...cookie dough for dinner tonight : I SWEAR I was going to cook some chicken - it's just that I kinda sorta forgot to defrost the chicken and I fed the kids all the leftovers (swiss chard quiche, salad, squash soup) for an early dinner and Coren didn't let me cook anything else - then again, I made the potatoes and cookie dough first

Having a kind of night - dh is home from work, so I'm going to go nurse Coren (who NEEDS to wake up and nurse or I'll explode) and have a black russian and relax a bit. Maybe I'll convince dh to make me some healthy-type food....

#9 of 26 Old 10-10-2005, 10:49 PM

Sounds like we're all in similar situations! Our money is tight too, I was lucky and worked paid me an extra week of vacation, gotta love H.R., I kiss up to them they give me some extras!(I actually really get along with them!) With our basement flooding and needing to cut the tree that is causing the problem down, add in that Josie is outgrowing all her clothes already (we were counting on handme downs from SIL, but her girl is only a pound more than Josie and 3 months older!), I'm terrible with money and we're having a wedding in January! I don't have any extra, I don't know if I can afford to shop at the co-op the next couple months, unless I can get the fam to live on beans and rice!!

Josie is doing so well, she slept for 4 hours then nursed for 15 minutes and slept for 3 more hours last night, it was the most sleep I've gotten since she arrived! Cloth diapering is still weird for me, I enjoy it, but every time I change her I think about all the reasons why we're doing it, and that it's not the "normal" thing to do. I thihnk i need to get out more, I'm thinking about stuff way too much!! There is a babywearing group this Saturday I really need to go, I hope DH can get home in time to watch DS for me, I have a hard time with both kids out at once.

i did start walking again today, 2miles, it was great! The air felt so good, it was the perfect Autumn morning, not too cool a light breeze and I went by the lake, it was beautiful!! I have a love affair with water, I just love the sight of it, I could get lost starring out there, even when it's only Lake Michigan!

I'm getting tired now, I should get in some comfy PJ's before it's nursing time again! I wish I could type better with one hand, I'd post sooo much more! It is great to read about how everyone else is doing though!
#10 of 26 Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 PM

Congrats, Curlyfry! DH and I have been together six years as well, though we didn't officially get married until a year and a half ago. So way to go!!

So what's up with finances? Is it just Murfy's Law with a newborn? We had snow yesterday, lots of wet snow. It took down a bunch of branches, one of which pulled down power cords, ripping the electrical mast right off the box. It will be close to $1000 to fix. We DO NOT have that now, with the hospital fee coming due and my dh going to Florida in Nov for a conference. The good news was he didn't need new break shoes on his car like he thought (when does THAT ever happen, the garage saying, "Oh, you don't need the work you thought you did."?) I just keep sending out requests and trust that the universe will provide. I don't know where else it will come from. We just got our mortgage and credit cards under control and were going to get deferements on our student loans to make our budget work. : I obviously can't start working for a while yet.

I've been thinking a lot about work lately. Now that i have a kid I am ready to commit to a career. I am a healer/massage therapist, but I have fought it since I graduated from massage school. I have a year and a half of graduate education, but only a BA. I've been searching searching, but something clicked when dd was born, and I am ready to do healing/massage work. But I want to approach it differently... going to spend the next few months figuring out what that means, how it looks. Funny how having a babe makes things all slip into place in a weird sort of way.

DH went back to work today . SO far so good, but I will miss having him around so much. His sister and her 5 mo old plus his nephew from other sister will be in town this week. I hope it will be supportive and not tiring. Big family dinner planned for Sunday. First one for Sophie!

I'm fitting into my pre-prego clothes!! Feeling proud of that. But I just wear sweats, which get breast milk and spit up on them all day. My neice came over yesterday (she's 28) all dressed up in snazzy jeans, a cool bauble necklace, her hair all done, smelling of perfume. I felt jealous of her worldliness. I'll get back there in a few months, but for now I feel like one step away from a slob.....

DD is getting rooty.... going to go feed her. Haven't gotten the hang of NAK or sling feeding yet at all.
#11 of 26 Old 10-11-2005, 05:09 PM

danaan...Do you have homeowner's insurance and would it cover the electrical work? We had something similar happen (neighbor's tree blew over during a storm, pulled down the entire electrical pole in front of our house and ripped the conduit holding the electrical wires right off our house and wires out of the electrical box. Insurance covered it 100%.
Good luck on figuring out what direction you're going to take with your career. Before becoming a parent, all I wanted to do was be a parent. I'm planning on staying at home until my kids are old enough to look after themselves/be home alone. After that I'm going to become a birth/postpartum doula and a childbirth educator. My parents were always upset that I dropped out of college (mental/emotional breakdown due to past abuse issues) and never went back - now they think it's great that I "saved them money" by not going back since I don't need a degree to be a doula/childbirth educator.

trijosiemama...3 miles- great!!! I wish I could get out and go walking again- but somehow it's more of a hastle than good exercise with four children! :LOL Especially since we have to drive somewhere in order to go an a decent walk/hike.
Good for you for getting back into your pre-preggo clothes.
I...ummm... was back into them a few days after birthing Coren! : But that's only because I lost 15 lbs at the beginning of pregnancy and then gained it back by the end of pregnancy - then birthed an almost-11-lb boy, plus the placenta, fluid, etc. So I weigh less now than I did pre-pregnancy - and I can stuff the post-pregnancy jelly belly into my jeans! I was very overweight to begin with, so I still have a LOT of weight that I want to lose.

Gotta go get the kids ready for Sunday School!

#12 of 26 Old 10-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Well, we've put in a claim, but we have a $1000 deductible, so we will have to pay up to that. My parents offered to help, but they don't acutally have any money either, so that makes me a little nervous.

I think that before dd was born, all I wanted to do was have a babe, and now that I have my sweetie, I am ready to invest time and focus in a career, one that meshes with my AP style and home-body hippie self. I can't tell you how many grad programs I have looked into and even applied to and started in the past several years (I am 29). So I find it funny that here I am, ready to commit, and all that ground work still doesn't quite give me answers. I have also written two books, for which i am looking for a publisher. I'd enjoy that as a full time job (PT with a kid!), but I need a publisher to make it financially viable. Again, trying to trust the universe.....

On another topic -- I caught a poo and a pee in the sink today! I really like the idea of EC but Sophie gets so frustrated or angry when I hold her over the toilet or sink when I think she's ready. But I got one today! Baby steps.....
#13 of 26 Old 10-11-2005, 10:17 PM

I haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet, but I wanted to pop my head in so that you all didn't think I have dropped off the face of the earth. I really haven't.

I have been soooo busy with trying to get some things sold on ebay, and Adam's therapy, I have to find out about getting his SSI insurance to pay for another pair of glasses for him. That could take like 2 months. What a pain in the a$$. Dh has been laid off again. I am hoping that he will be able to go back to work soon. He did hear from the company in Fond du Lac and they will not want him to start for another 2 months. I hope he isn't laid off that long.

I went to my 6 week mw appt today, even though we are in week 7. All is well, we talked for about 30 minutes about everything. In Feb I will be going back for my annual girlie day and we will talk about getting an IUD or something like that so that I don't end up pg before AF comes back. That wouldn't be fun, as I think our families would have a collective stroke! :LOL

Well, I am needed by Allissa. Hope all is well with you. I will check back later.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#14 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Well this week started out crappy. I had to go to the Dr. yesterday and it turns out I have a severe case of strep throat (ouchies). So good Ol Amoxicillian to the rescue.

I bought an ETC sling from a Mama on the TP and recieved it yesterday. Emily has been real fussy lately so I put her in it and instantley she calmed and fell asleep it was nice to be able to get the laundry done the kitchen clean and the livingroom vacumed all while she slept comfy on my chest. I was even able to nurse her hands free which was way cool.

I take Emily back to the Dr. next friday to be weighed so crossing my fingers she is gaining. I really enjoyed the chat with Dr. Jack Newman and I have started taking Fenugreek and doing breast compressions to help beef up my supply. I think it's working cause I have started leaking again. Oh well I guess you take the good with the bad.

It seems all of my bleeding has stopped completely so hurray for that so now I'm just hoping this Strep infection clears up quickly. I hate being sick I don't have time for this.

Ok last thing I have started activley potty training my almost three year old. He is so funny I will take him to the potty and sit him down he pushes out a lil toot and says see mommy all done. so I say ok help him with his undies and he runs out to the livingroom and pee's oi I am so trying to be paitient lol.

I guess thats it for this week sending $$$$$$ vibes to everyone. And walking already???? I was instructed I had to wait till 6 weeks If I'm not still sick next week we are going for a walk while DS is in school that would be sooo nice.

Have a great rest of the week everyone. P.S. are we moving to the life with a babe forum?????
#15 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaan
On another topic -- I caught a poo and a pee in the sink today! I really like the idea of EC but Sophie gets so frustrated or angry when I hold her over the toilet or sink when I think she's ready. But I got one today! Baby steps.....
Good for both of you!!! Congrats on your "first catch"!!!

So far today I've caught 3 poop/pees and 3 pees ... missed 2 pees - both because we were in the car and Coren was sleeping (on the way to and from our LLL meeting).

I just realized how insane the long weekend before Halloween is going to be for us: On Friday the 28th I have my 6 week mw appointment, which is over an hour away, so hopefully my mom will join me (as was tradition throughout my pregnancy) and my Dad will have a boys' day with my boys (and pick out pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns with him!). On Saturday I have to cook a bunch of food for Sunday, my in-laws will be arriving sometime in the early afternoon(they're staying with us), we have our pre-baptism meeting with our pastor at 5pm, and then we'll probably go out to dinner and put the kids directly to bed upon returning home. Then we have to prepare clothes, diaper bag, food, etc. for Sunday and get ourselves to bed - turning the clocks back an hour before going to sleep. Then we'll be up early Sunday morning, get everyone fed and clothed, and go to church for worship and Coren's baptism (bringing all the food we made with us). Then we're having a party for Coren at my parents' house afterwards - complete with pumpkin carving for the older kids. Then Monday is Halloween. We'll probably find some activity to do during the day and then go trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood. I've got to me for scheduling Coren's baptism for the day before Halloween!!! At least my in-laws get to be here for both!

Hey Goldie! Thanks for dropping by amidst the chaos that is your life at the moment!!! Good luck to your dh on finding another job, to you on selling your stuff, getting ds glassses, etc! It sounds like you have LOTS on your plate right now!

#16 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCass
And walking already???? I was instructed I had to wait till 6 weeks If I'm not still sick next week we are going for a walk while DS is in school that would be sooo nice.
OBs I've had have said 6 weeks, my midwives requested I take it easy for at least 2 weeks. I lasted 6 days before getting out of the house (Friendly's for breakfast and then a quick trip to the thrift store). At 7 days we went to Walmart; 8 days I went to church, to my parents house, and then out for food and margaritas with friends. I rested a lot more than usual, but have been back to our regular routine since Coren was about a week and a half old. I can't wait until the rain clears up and we can go hiking - I REALLY want to get my favorite 6-7 mile hike in before it gets cold! (and I think I should probably start out with a 3-4 mile hike and see how it goes!).

I hope you feel better soon - and good luck on the potty training!

#17 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaan

I think that before dd was born, all I wanted to do was have a babe, and now that I have my sweetie, I am ready to invest time and focus in a career, one that meshes with my AP style and home-body hippie self. I can't tell you how many grad programs I have looked into and even applied to and started in the past several years (I am 29). So I find it funny that here I am, ready to commit, and all that ground work still doesn't quite give me answers. I have also written two books, for which i am looking for a publisher. I'd enjoy that as a full time job (PT with a kid!), but I need a publisher to make it financially viable. Again, trying to trust the universe.....
I think I have started or applied to 3 grad programs so far: 1 year of law school, applied/accepted to Spanish MA, applied/accepted to library MLIS. Now I think it is going to be nursing for the flexibility of it. But I feel like a dilettante sometimes. I would be good at law, but then I am sorta stuck wherever I am now, I guess. I dunno. If not writing, then what are you thinking?

Ds1 fell asleep in his highchair, so I put ds2 in the swing, and I am typing with 2 hands in total silence! Can you believe it?

It will be a long time before I am in pre-preggo clothes. Before ds1, I was a size 6/8. After him, I was a size 14. When I got pg with ds2 (9 months later), I had just gotten into a size 10. Now I am a 14 again. So hopefully by summer I will be close to a 10 again. I don't know if I will ever be a 6/8 unless I actually start exercising, which is unlikely. But it shows that bfing truly works to lose weight over the long haul.

Ds2 does this thing like he is choking on his spit; he starts gurgling and sucking in air, and then it resolves. Sort of scary. Anyone else's baby do this?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#18 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM

galatea - I want to write and do healing work, but I am tired of having ideas about my work and no income. I am scared that this will be the same, and I must earn money asap. DH has a great job, but we make JUST enough. Anything happens, like the car needs work or other normal extras, we get in trouble. (That is, however, a vast improvement on where we were in the past -- we're learning!!)

I had a thought yesterday that I'd like a pt job doing admin work for an alternative elementary school, like a Waldorf or something. So I might do that pt if it is available ina few months. If I can bring dd along, I'll be able to do it sooner.

I almost applied to a MLIS program, too! It sounds like you and I have a similar thing, where we like a lot of things and are good at a lot but can't quite settle.

Sophie doesn't choke on her spit, but she had phlegm in her throat last night that she couldn't get out. I slept with her propped up a little on my stomach, and after a while it cleared. I understand what you mean about it being scary. She also does this squeak thing, like she's gasping, in her sleep. I think they are still just learning the balance between breathing and swallowing. Poor babes. Does it seem to upset him?
#19 of 26 Old 10-12-2005, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCass

are we moving to the life with a babe forum?????
OHT!

Hey Cass.

I'd like to stay here for a bit, but maybe we could start our weekly/monthly chat threads over there? What does everyone think?

psst...hi Goldie, Clea, Lilli
#20 of 26 Old 10-13-2005, 10:23 AM

We might as well start a September 05 Mom's thread over in LWAB just for when this board closes!

I'm going to a LLL meeting tonight! My first one EVER! When ds was born I called the LLL leader in my area, and she was no longer the leader! They didn't have a group anymore, which struck me as very odd. We lived in a military town, so not only where there a TON of pregnant women, there were a TON and ahalf of nursing mamas, though most of them lasted less than 6 months. Then we move back to GA...and the area we liv in now, there aren't any meetings here. SO, I"m driving to a 7 pm meeting that is about an hour away! Which is actually better for me since I won't have to bring ds with me!

Other than that I'm just cleaning....desperatly waiting for tomorrow which is PAYDAY! I may have to take both kids grocery shopping with me...which could be a nightmare, I don't think my Walmart has the modified carts for more than 1 kid. It could be a nightmare!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#21 of 26 Old 10-13-2005, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
We might as well start a September 05 Mom's thread over in LWAB just for when this board closes!

!
done
#22 of 26 Old 10-13-2005, 02:35 PM

Hi mamas!

This is the first time in ages I've had to sit down and read a weekly thread. Sounds like you're all doing well, more or less, in spite of the ever present money woes.

Happy Anniversary Lisa!

We're in central Illinois now, introducing Claudio to his other grandparents. While in DE we took a side trip to New England, visiting folks in New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. And tomorrow we're driving up to Door County, WI for the weekend. So we're feeling a bit like Oakies these days. You should see our truck - filled to the brim w/ the three of us, two dogs, two cats, suitcases, my most important negatives and plastic containers full of baby things and other items we've acquired along the way. It's kinda comical, really.

Claudio really likes to be held and is not so fond of the car seat these days, so driving is pretty exhausting. Right now I'm trying to put him into it inside the house so maybe he can think of it as a cozy place to sleep. Not really working though - he much prefers my chest.

We're planning to head back to New Orleans in the last week of October. I can't wait to finally be settled!!! Till then I'm trying to enjoy the fall colors and the chance to spend time with family.

I hope you're all enjoying your babes. I think of you often, even though I haven't been able to post much. Hopefully that will change in November when we're home again.
#23 of 26 Old 10-13-2005, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Nice to hear from you Jen!

How's the house in New Orleans? I don't remember hearing the update. Your trip sounds fun. Aren't the fall colors beautiful?

Meilana doesn't like her car seat too much either. But she does like the motion of the car. So she cries until we start moving, then this amazing calm comes over her. It's pretty cute.
#24 of 26 Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Thanks Lisa!

By all reports the house is good. Some shingles missing from the roof, one big tree gone & fence mangled in the front and some tree limbs down in the back. All things considered we fared really well, so we're not complaining.
#25 of 26 Old 10-14-2005, 03:43 PM

Well, I am back to check in once again! Happy Friday everyone! I swear this week has been crazy! I thought that maybe with dh home that I would have some more time to post, but it seems that I have less time. I am rearranging furniture so that I have some room for a dresser for Allissa. We are changing our wardrobes over from summer to fall/winter stuff. I had forgotten how much more room winter stuff takes up than summer stuff. Oh well.

My clothes that I have up on ebay are selling like hotcakes! I guess that other people really want my sons clothes! I think it has alot to do with the fact that since he has outgrown them so fast, they all have almost no wear and tear to them. Keep your fingers crossed that the same will hold true for the rest of the clothes that I hope to get out of this apartment! Who knew that clothes reproduced on their own? I am finding things that I don't ever remember acquiring.

Again I am just going to keep this kind of general. I am sorry that we all kind of seem to be in a finacial slump. I hope that changes for all of us soon.

I don't imagine that they will be closing this form down too soon, since the Feb 05 forum is still waiting to be archived. :LOL I am still gunshy about LWAB I love our little home here.

Anyway, I have to go do more laundry so that I have more clothing to sell.

Erin, if you could, would you PM me the info about the babywearing mama group? If I can I am going to try to convince dh that I really need to go so that I can learn how to wear Allissa properly. If I don't forget, I will PM you first. Gotta run. Take care everyone!

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#26 of 26 Old 10-17-2005, 01:58 PM

5 weeks old....wow! Yet another week here at the Thum house...

Jack is doing GREAT, he got his toy box back yesterday, complete with toys LOL, we removed the broken ones, and the stuffed animals. He has also been dry THREE days in a row! INCLUDING overnight! in 4 more days he will be allowed to wear just underware for the day time, and nap time, and a week after that over night as well. I am so proud of him!!

Dh got a new job! It's less pay, but he starts on 11-14! It's at the same place everyday, and it's a salary position! YEAH! Now, if only he'd set up the crib in the bedroom so he can come sleep with me and Kate and get a better nights sleep than he has in the last month on the sofa. Maybe he'll do it this weekend while I"m out at the birth network meeting!

Kate is just perfect lol. She likes to pee on the changing table when dh changes her so she had 3 baths this weekend LMAO! She gets a bit fussy with the over active let down on my left side. But she handles it just fine at night while layingdown and half asleep. She's asleep in her sling right now, just all cozied up next to me and I have my hands free. This is perfect SHe was 10 lbs 10 oz at her 1 month appointment...and she's hungry now!

Me, I get to go to a birth network meeting on Sunday, and get to see my midwife this Thursday. YEAH! My bio-dad and step mom were suposed to be in town last week and were supposed tocall me, but never did, so I guess they didn't want to come see me or the baby. Oh well, their loss! Ok, Kate is really getting fidgety now, sorry bout the typos!

Later

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page