Last pregnant September mama - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's me! Just wanted to come back over and say hi. Kenai had her baby over the weekend (same EDD) and I am at 42 weeks 1 day. So when the baby finally does show up I will let y'all know. I have a BPP today that we have put off, and if the baby doesn't show by the weekend dh and I will decide what to do...after *lots* of research I just don't feel comfortable going past 43 weeks.

So...enjoy your babies on the outside and take care mamas!
#2 of 5 Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 PM

sending you birthing vibes!! i hope that baby comes soon for you. you must be impatient to finally meet that little person!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My membranes were stripped with my first dd at 41 weeks. She had a heart murmur for a few days ("normal adjustment," they said). I wonder if that adjustment could've been made in the womb instead.
This time I was determined to wait for labor to start naturally. At 41 1/2 weeks, mw was concerned with baby's heart rate dipping low. We did a fetal kick count that night and reported to her. She was more than satisfied with that (baby was very active). The next day, baby's heart rate was still dipping too low, but in the 140s after movement,etc. She advised us to start trying to trigger labor. We tried everything, and I was dilated from 1 to 2cm the next day. Baby's heart rate was normal again, but mw was still concerned. I finally drank castor oil at 41wks 5 days. DD was born at 41 wks 6 days. She had plenty of vernix & amniotic fluid. She wasn't post dates. Her cord was around her neck, but that is not uncommon for any pregnancy. We're guessing that accounted for the low dips in her heart rate. Even though baby's heart rate remained normal even throughout labor and pushing, I feel good about taking the steps we took this time to get things moving.
I'm trying not to go on and on... I think you are wise to keep yourself informed and trust your instincts. Each pregnancy is unique.
Sending timely labor vibes your way May you be holding your baby in your arms soon

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 PM

Maybe you had your babe by now??? If not, I'm sending you lots of LV :

Hang in there, mama!
#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page